UGI Employee Reviews

Great Job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 17, 2018
Great work environment, great job, great company. I was only summer help here but i learned a lot and i loved the work. It was a great experience and would recommend this job to anyone.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Coordinator AP-I (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 30, 2018
A typical day a UGI was processing invoices into the Oracle database system. If I had problems that I could not solve I was to report them to the supervisor. I prepared payments, ACH, checks to satisfy vendors liabilities. Research and resolve invoice discrepancies in a timely manner. Resolve and research vendor balance statements that were more than 45 days old. Process utility bills through Utility Bill Tracker. Review invoices for sales/use tax applicability. Provide backup to department personnel as needed
Other projects as deemed necessary by management.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free coffee, Health and wealth events
Cons
Short breaks
Good Job
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 30, 2018
Good Job, Great workers. Good team stability. Had a great learning and working experience with this company. Learned a lot about the natural gas industry from the other side of the natural gas debate being an environmental science student
Excellent Company to work for!
Other (Current Employee) –  UGIJuly 25, 2018
Strong stability, great culture, people are nice, executives are present and know everyone. Offer a lot here and really enjoy it. A lot of growth opportunity as well.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, vacation time, paid paternity/maternity leave
Cons
Need more social events
Decent place
Senior Supervisor Capital Projects (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 13, 2018
Decent, reliable work. Management is a mixed bag of good and bad. Work life balance can be difficult and pay is low, even for the utility industry which is traditionally low.
It is a work place
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 10, 2018
I did my daily task without issues. Provided recommendations for process enhancements and implemented but was never recompensed. You better be part or accepted by the premier group or else. There are some nasty people working there, I meant attitude and smelly
Change Management nightmare
SuccessFactors HCM/Payroll Implementation Proj Mgr (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 24, 2018
The organization is a family of companies and is undergoing change. Each business unit is autonomous and has their own individual way to stay competitive. Sometimes this competes with their need to find synergies. There are individual agendas within each business unit, a Change Management nightmare.
Pros
Good direction for taking advantage of organization synergies
Cons
BU leadership not bought in
Tiempo limitado
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Estados UnidosApril 24, 2018
Por razones personas tuve poco tiempo en el puesto de trabajo pero el poco tiempo que estuve pude aprender un poco.
Stressful place to work between the CSR’s and dispatching no communication
Service technician (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 14, 2018
A lot of mandatory overtime but you work those long hours beginning of the week and it’s possible they send you home early at the end of the week which you work overtime for straight time and the other three other locations get paid double time after 40 hours which is not fair to location in Reading and I’m not too fond of the union either had my mishaps before in the past and I kind of brushed it out of the rug
Pros
If you’re new to the field they’ll take you and new construction
Cons
Stressful long hours missing time with family and no team players
Managment
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 21, 2018
Management is about money. They don't care about employees like they say they do. Everyone is scared to stand up for the wrong that the company is doing.
Cons
bad health care, not enough vehicles
Working at UGI
Active member/Leader of multiple safety committees (Current Employee) –  Multiple Locations in PennsylvaniaMarch 5, 2018
Each day at UGI Utilities Inc. is vastly different. One day can be spent providing training, the next could include job site visits or incident investigations. Many days are spent creating training material and reviewing or updating existing Safety and Health Manual policies. In my role, I am responsible for supporting 10 locations across Pennsylvania and deal with several different unions and management styles. At UGI we are working hard to change the "old school" safety mentality and are striving for VPP Star status. The most difficult part of my job is having employees accept change such as policy and procedural updates. The most enjoyable parts of my job are interacting with field employees and diverse work environments.
Pros
Company Vehicle, Company Tablet, Company Phone, Company Credit Card, Good Health Benefits, Good Work-Life Balance
Cons
Lack of Opportunity for Advancement, Poor Communication
Cut throat work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  All over PaJanuary 24, 2018
Nasty HR Vice President since April, 2017. Very poor management, will crawl on each other to get ahead. Most employees are okay but unless you work in Reading or Allentown you are just a name on paper.
Pros
Pay, food at all times
Cons
Antagonistic management, especially HR heads
collaborative work culture
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 3, 2018
collaborative work culture, independent work driven, job security, room for advancement, great compensation and benefits package, family oriented management
Very good place to work life circumstances made my move
Natural Gas Utilty Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Super good time at work training was always on top of very good employees to work with overall an excellent time spent of my life at UGI. Very good advancement program for employees in place at UGI good benefits very likeable people working as a team for one gold to better the company.
Pros
Training management very good to work for
Cons
Stressful at times the nature of the business utility company
Constant work and high change over rate
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 23, 2017
In the last 6 years there has been a high change over rate in part due to attrition and and in part due to firing of several key field personnel to include the low level management team.
Pros
good pay
Cons
inconsistant implementation of standards and rules.
solid job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PADecember 20, 2017
UGI was solid and comfortable. the union is helpful and management is great. i never had any issues with UGI and if i could have stayed in pennsylvania, i would still be with them.
UGI review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 11, 2017
Great people, good management, room for growth for certain departments. The culture was pretty well distributed but mainly stuck to traditions. I love working with the people and running events.
busy
Collections representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 3, 2017
was put in collections, just was not my job type, not enjoyable for me and would get hung up on I guess because they had to make payments. I dont recall much more about the job
Pros
people
Cons
type of job
stress stress stress
Financial Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 27, 2017
poor management, everyone for himself/herself, racially biased makes you wonder if there are no educated black folks in Reading. Cut throat and backstabbing . You cant trust HR on any issue.
Pros
vacation
Cons
stressful and a lot of eye service to survive
unknown
Collections representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 3, 2017
no idea!!!!!!! did not work there long enough!!!!!!!!!!holy cow???
what else does somkeone say? I cannot rate this.... I dont remember anything about the job itself....
Pros
people
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UGI. Our community is ready to answer.