UGI Employee Reviews

Avoid this place
Safety R (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 20, 2019
If you're looking for broken culture, people and management then this is the place for you. This place is dysfunctional to say the least. To summarize, the people are highly paid and grossly under motivated. Safety here is the lowest priority and change is not received well. If you are looking for a stressful, dead end and enjoy walking barefoot on broken glass then sign aboard. If you're not part of the clique they'll just get rid of you. Just so you know this is NOT UGI Utility! Don't fall victim to UGI Energy Services.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Clueless Management, No control over the business, Poor work environments.

Hi,
Thank you for review. This is UGI Corporation's page and I think you meant to add this to UGI Energy Services page as we are located in King of Prussia not Wyomissing. I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please make sure your review goes to the right company so they can read this.

UGI Corporation

Very dysfunctional, poor leadership, no communication
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PANovember 4, 2018
In the last 6 months, more then a dozen employees left the company due to unhappiness with their job. Waiting on job evaluations that were due 3-6!months prior, only to find out they got a 2-3 % raise. Lack of communication and upper management are very good at throwing people under the bus.
Sad when a very large company has so much potential for the employees, and don’t even know how to utilize their people or their skills. UGI Energy Service makes individual either depressed or sick after work working there only a few months. Not at all worth it. Some form of a CANCER is growin that company, and chemo can not even kill it.
Pros
Vacations
Cons
People Clicks
Excellent Company to work for!
Other (Current Employee) –  UGIJuly 25, 2018
Strong stability, great culture, people are nice, executives are present and know everyone. Offer a lot here and really enjoy it. A lot of growth opportunity as well.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, vacation time, paid paternity/maternity leave
Cons
Need more social events
January 21, 2019

Hello and thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took out to write this! We are very happy you enjoy our people and culture!

UGI Corporation

They do not recognize people strengths and utilize them in a position.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMay 21, 2018
Not a good company for pay increases and on time pay raises. There are people still waiting for a raise after a few years.

Bad-influenced people have an upper hand, they affect new peoples growth and opportunity by hearsay. With that being said, the trouble never goes away. It's a CANCER there.

Management is split down the middle, you have leaders that are great supporters and teachers. Others, look down on you as if you don't belong to their country club.

You can feel the unhappiness in every department, co-workers fear every day when are they losing their job, and what they did wrong. Never seen so many young people seeing counselors and on medication.

Enjoyable part of the job is team players, staying busy and praying for a new opportunity.
Pros
Personal Holidays
Cons
Communication
January 21, 2019

Hello and thank you for your review. I believe this review should be with UGI Energy Services. This page is dedicated for UGI Corporation in King of Prussia, PA. Please make sure you put your review on the right page so they can review.

Decent place
Senior Supervisor Capital Projects (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 13, 2018
Decent, reliable work. Management is a mixed bag of good and bad. Work life balance can be difficult and pay is low, even for the utility industry which is traditionally low.
Working at UGI
Active member/Leader of multiple safety committees (Current Employee) –  Multiple Locations in PennsylvaniaMarch 5, 2018
Each day at UGI Utilities Inc. is vastly different. One day can be spent providing training, the next could include job site visits or incident investigations. Many days are spent creating training material and reviewing or updating existing Safety and Health Manual policies. In my role, I am responsible for supporting 10 locations across Pennsylvania and deal with several different unions and management styles. At UGI we are working hard to change the "old school" safety mentality and are striving for VPP Star status. The most difficult part of my job is having employees accept change such as policy and procedural updates. The most enjoyable parts of my job are interacting with field employees and diverse work environments.
Pros
Company Vehicle, Company Tablet, Company Phone, Company Credit Card, Good Health Benefits, Good Work-Life Balance
Cons
Lack of Opportunity for Advancement, Poor Communication
January 21, 2019

Hello and thank you for writing your review and taking the time out! We appreciate it though this should be on UGI Utilities page so they can review it.

Change Management nightmare
SuccessFactors HCM/Payroll Implementation Proj Mgr (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 24, 2018
The organization is a family of companies and is undergoing change. Each business unit is autonomous and has their own individual way to stay competitive. Sometimes this competes with their need to find synergies. There are individual agendas within each business unit, a Change Management nightmare.
Pros
Good direction for taking advantage of organization synergies
Cons
BU leadership not bought in
Quick paced environment
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 20, 2018
Quick paced environment. Not a supportive manager unfortunately. Causing a lot of people,to leave. Good,dedicated hard workers leaving due to poor management
collaborative work culture
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 3, 2018
collaborative work culture, independent work driven, job security, room for advancement, great compensation and benefits package, family oriented management
Productive and fun place to work
Account Coordinator AP-I (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 30, 2018
A typical day a UGI was processing invoices into the Oracle database system. If I had problems that I could not solve I was to report them to the supervisor. I prepared payments, ACH, checks to satisfy vendors liabilities. Research and resolve invoice discrepancies in a timely manner. Resolve and research vendor balance statements that were more than 45 days old. Process utility bills through Utility Bill Tracker. Review invoices for sales/use tax applicability. Provide backup to department personnel as needed
Other projects as deemed necessary by management.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free coffee, Health and wealth events
Cons
Short breaks
Very good place to work life circumstances made my move
Natural Gas Utilty Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Super good time at work training was always on top of very good employees to work with overall an excellent time spent of my life at UGI. Very good advancement program for employees in place at UGI good benefits very likeable people working as a team for one gold to better the company.
Pros
Training management very good to work for
Cons
Stressful at times the nature of the business utility company
Great Job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 17, 2018
Great work environment, great job, great company. I was only summer help here but i learned a lot and i loved the work. It was a great experience and would recommend this job to anyone.
Stressful place to work between the CSR’s and dispatching no communication
Service technician (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 14, 2018
A lot of mandatory overtime but you work those long hours beginning of the week and it’s possible they send you home early at the end of the week which you work overtime for straight time and the other three other locations get paid double time after 40 hours which is not fair to location in Reading and I’m not too fond of the union either had my mishaps before in the past and I kind of brushed it out of the rug
Pros
If you’re new to the field they’ll take you and new construction
Cons
Stressful long hours missing time with family and no team players
UGI review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 11, 2017
Great people, good management, room for growth for certain departments. The culture was pretty well distributed but mainly stuck to traditions. I love working with the people and running events.
Good Job
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 30, 2018
Good Job, Great workers. Good team stability. Had a great learning and working experience with this company. Learned a lot about the natural gas industry from the other side of the natural gas debate being an environmental science student
Great Place to Work
Telemetering Technician (Level A) (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 31, 2017
Wonderful Work culture, fantastic management. Really care about the employee safety. fair benefits package as well as fair compensation based on qualifications.
Pros
Multiple benefit programs
Cons
off hour callouts
Managment
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 21, 2018
Management is about money. They don't care about employees like they say they do. Everyone is scared to stand up for the wrong that the company is doing.
Cons
bad health care, not enough vehicles
Union Busting Tactics
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 10, 2017
Very cut throat atmosphere! Management constantly seeks to write up/suspend/terminate most senior Union employees in an attempt to break Union membership. New hires are paid 40% less than senior employees. Company can also terminate up to 50% of new hires at any time, for any reason, without notification and in total disregard of seniority. "Union" is considered a "captured Union". Officers are a joke and inept. They are nothing less than "yes men" and let the Company do as they please. IN FACT, the Union President has told Union members, word for word, that "It's their Company. They can do what they want..." I would not recommend UGI or membership in UWUA, Local 406 to ANYONE!!
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Very stressful & cut throat atmosphere, Much infighting & backstabbing between employees, Management is very aggressive and targets employees like fish in a barrel, "Union" is a complete farce!
It is a work place
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 10, 2018
I did my daily task without issues. Provided recommendations for process enhancements and implemented but was never recompensed. You better be part or accepted by the premier group or else. There are some nasty people working there, I meant attitude and smelly
Cut throat work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  All over PaJanuary 24, 2018
Nasty HR Vice President since April, 2017. Very poor management, will crawl on each other to get ahead. Most employees are okay but unless you work in Reading or Allentown you are just a name on paper.
Pros
Pay, food at all times
Cons
Antagonistic management, especially HR heads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UGI. Our community is ready to answer.