UGL Limited Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for....
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dayton,OhioSeptember 22, 2012
An excellent company to work for with second to none co-workers.
Pros
company outings
Cons
excessive heat
Employees are good management doesn't have a clue what is going on
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 11, 2012
The company isn't bad but management doesn't know or understand what is going on around them. Safety is only as important when it doesn't slow down a job. Management doesn't do or care about the people working for them. The thing management cares about is how fast they can advance.
Pros
basically a good company
Cons
bad management.
overall not a bad company to work for.
Precision Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 5, 2012
Was more of a family feel to UGL the first couple of years but it steadily declined. I think that kind of atmosphere is condusive to quantity and quality of work.
This company is atrocius and despicable !!
Dayton, OH (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 2, 2012
This company is a typical contractor . If you don't kiss management's rear daily you will get nowhere fast. They promise short and long term disabilty , but both are far from the truth. Your job will probably only be as good as your account manager. The managers and supervisors are usually hired from within and again have no management skills whatsoever . I would rate Unicco as the worst overall job offering "jobs" in the area . If you are part of the "family", then you're in , but if not good luck staying employed here as favoritism runs rampant !!!
Pros
you get hired
Cons
they fire you and others often
Hard knox
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Henry, ILAugust 31, 2012
It was not a bad job but, when you have the Manager following you every where you go checking up on yours and you peers work it can get kind of irritating. When different rules are made everyday and then changed the next day there is no kind of structure. Lots of yelling and attiude from some peers and Management.
Pros
good breaks and hours.
Cons
bad attitudes from some peers and management. to much changing of rules from day to day.
The job site was had it's challanges. But I would not trade the knowledge obtained or the experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2012
My job functions vary greatly. One portion of day I am in the office doing time entry for 150 employees. The next I am communicating with my regional HR manager regarding new policy and procedures that must be desiminated to all employees.

Working at such demanding institutuions, I've learned that I work well under pressure. I learned that I healthly competitive and I like accountability.

In my years in the work world I've observered that people can have a impact on the workplace in general. However, through my experiences, I learned to perserve and accomplish the tasks at hand.

Overall I like to help. It's in my nature as a individual. Whether it's helping to write new policies, tweeking current policies or helping an employee understand their benefits. I need to make a diffrence. Knowing that my efforts are making a difference is very rewarding.
benefits
Cons
high managerial turnnover
Meeting
Cleaner/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2012
I had one typical day at work, That day when the sewage piples has
busted in the basement we had to clean and disinfect .
Over the years how waxes ,strip,buff,carpets floors
vaccum,clean offices (etc.)
Ilike what I do.We all get along lone .Very little complains.
Itwas not hard it not what you do it how you do it to get the job done.
At the end of the day we all sit around and talk about the work we done.

Pros
very good pros
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 23, 2012
Working with the people of this company was fun and chalenging. You have to find a way to do your job as fast as possible and make sure everything was in correct order.
Good company
Facility Route Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2012
great company to work for. offers great benifits. supplies all tools required to perform your job.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
advancement is limited
Overall working for Unicco was a good learning experience. They had deadlines to meet and were constintely having to revise work because of funding.
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 18, 2012
I would arrive 15-20 mins early and organize supplies my people would need for daily preformance and set out their scheduled duties for daily work and special assisgnments. I would then check to see if any special requests or complaints had come in to the office. If I needed extra sepecial service workers, I would then meet with my superior and acquire extra help. I would call all of my assistants and explain our goals for the day. It would then be time to walk the areas, check for damages and how workers were performing their duties. I would give them praise or pointers depending on the circumstance. I would go back to office and write up any discrepencies that presented on my walk thru the buildings and issue work orders to the correct departments. I would also do inventories, order supplies, correspond throughout the evening with my superior.

I learned how to command a large group of people and get them to preform to the best of their abilities, and know when to apply pressure to get the job done and how to read the people for whom I was responsible.

I enjoyed the staff I worked with,, the hardest part was having to write them up for incidents that would then go to their union stewart, my boss, and their union.

I was treated above average by my workers, and they were all disappointed when I left.
Pros
for different occasions i would allow holiday parties, give out extra desserts or salads that the cafeteria would have left over.
Cons
staff kept getting cut shorter and shorter with more work to be done, and less time to accomplish it in.
CRE and FM Service Provider
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2012
The firm grew through several acquisitions over the past 8 years. The integrated services global model being developed lacked buy-in from all acquired firms. The most difficult part of my role was to drive a team environment within a non-integrated organization.
No room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/ Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KyJuly 18, 2012
There is no room for advancement with UGL. It's a workplace with Tech's that do building maint. The hardest part of the job is there isn't enough people in the workplace and I'm doing a job for 2 people.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no room for advancement
Treated fairly and with respect
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boston,MaJuly 9, 2012
Great company to work for,left after moving to a new state.Wages were reduced after a new contract,was offered and given a new position and van to make up differance.
Pros
great overall
UGL Internship
Equity Research Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2012
Flexible internship hours. Great learning experience!
Co-workers were friendly. I learned a lot about corporate real estate.
fair place to work yet advancement is too slow
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2012
work is good and a lot of oevertime was there yet no stable jobs
Lots of travel.
Route Mechanic (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 22, 2012
Maintain multi-state Fed Ex equipment. Most of what I do I already knew, but I had to let go of the 5 day 40 hour week because some days you might work 12 hours or 2 hours, so you learn to just round out your week instead of just working 8 hours a day for 5 days. Management and co workers are great. I guess the most enjoyable part of my job is doing what I love and the new people I meet every day.
Pros
great benifits and pay
Cons
a lot of travel
Housekeeper/UtilityCleaner
Utility Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2012
Hard work with ok pay but no benefits and only temporary job.
It's a job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCMay 23, 2012
This job doesn't pay very well to have you on call 24/7 days a week. We already work 12 hour rotating shifts.
Very Good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  billerica MAMay 4, 2012
I been on this company almost five years and I love but is time to start new things in my life
Pros
great pay
Cons
great pays
High pressure and result oriented operation
Operations Manager, Northeast Region (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, MAApril 30, 2012
A very busy environment in which financial as well as service quality is expected, working very closely with property and facility managers.

In an industry were results are expected on a daily basis it is important to balance all aspects of the job.

The hardest part of the job is working with, for and hand by hand with different personalities and characters, learning what the customers expects and making sure that what we promise is delivered on time and with a high quality standard.

On this job the reward is the sense of accomplishment and knowing that the customer is happy with the results and knows that this is always consistence in the delivery of service.
Pros
customer relations, high level contacts and industry leader
Cons
always on call, long hours (10 to 12 hrs a day average)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UGL Limited. Our community is ready to answer.