Uhc

Uhc Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews

Review

Front- line staff really nice. Make sure you are punctual ,and have the ability to manage high volume in whatever role you take. You also need to be computer savvy as you will typically manage multiple computer applications. Take advantage of getting added to community projects as that will definitely help you shine. Be a team - player and it will pay off.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Typical work environment

Excellent company

Worked here for several years. Learned a lot. Mission based organization. HR leader was one of the best leaders of my career. Company merged with another and culture changed.

Uhc insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

good people

long days or nightsgreat peoplecrews are hit or missbosses are fantasticthey try to keep me close to homeit seams as tho we are growingeveryone on the jobsite is nice

Provider Rep Experience

I like UHC; totally different job experience. I love my manager, very easy to talk to and understanding. I enjoy speaking to providers and I learned a lot of different things about the health care world.

Pros

Work remotely from home, great schedule option and it’s M-F.

Cons

The pay could be better and more competitive, you dont get vacation days upfront, you have to earn PTO

Great place to work.

Great place to work! Good pay and everybody is so helpful. Schedule is great, which is what I was looking for. Really glad to be able to work here!!!!

UHC can be a fun place to work, but When there is a need for action to be taken UHC will do what's best for members ,staff, etc.

The hardest part of the job is that is that because UHC works for a variety of clients due to changing business needs, the entity that writes your paycheck, for example can change and you are still in the same seat doing similar work, but workplace culture is strong enough to maintain a good working relationship with other employees and management.

Pros

Company recognition & appreciation, Recently added Walking/exercise breaks

Cons

Breaks are fair but never long enough

Great

Great people, great work environment, good school placement, good scholarship, great students, Caring atmosphere, Flexible, wonderful president with his leadership

Love helping people live healthier lives

I have been allowed to learn many new things. Connect with elderly frail population, & developed great relationships with management. I hope to be in my current position for many years to come.

would not go back

Not a great opportunity for any kind of advancement, it is a primarily worry about yourself and your job type of environment. It could be called a decent starter job for someone looking to make money while finding a Real job.

Pay and benefits are cons

Lots of changes, training is self based. Not worth it unless you are favored. It takes about 4 years to get at least a dollar in a raise. Workload is unrealistic and is a prodution environment. No overtime is offered

Pros

Telecommuting, flex schedules

Cons

Pay, expectations after training, no errors, benefits, changes, no overtime or cost of living raise, no promotion

I was a student

I am currently doing my externship here I will be done in March. So far I am at the front and I would say it has been a challenging yet rewarding experience overall.

Great place to work as a telecommuter. Good benefits and flexibility of schedule. A real feeling of inclusiveness even though most of us are telecommuters.

This is a house of worship

This is a house of worship that is mostly done on Sunday's after church service. I have learned to be more accurate with entering information. The hardest part of this position is when there's a problem with the WiFi and the system is not operating. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of the church overall.

Very insightful

The day was typical 8-4:30 very busy for the most part the people were very helpful as well as the supervisors. The hardest part of the job was when the members called in with a complaint and did not under stand

Cold work area

There's no fun working there , hardest part of working there is that there is not support from management , I enjoy taking calls and talking to Seniors., typical day at work is , just talking calls , your breaks , lunch break and go home.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

The experience there helped my growth in IT

Enlightening place to work as an Intern. Very grateful to have had to opportunity to work there.The staff there was very helpful and provided feedback to encourage growth and success.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

non-paid internship

No Complaints

Excellent Company to work for. Many positions are work from home Telecommute. Enjoyed team I was on. Would still be there if not for personal family reasons

Pros

Work load

Cons

Full 9 hour day

Productive work place

Its just like working at any other medical facility. I see patients, take vitals, prepare patients for procedures, give injections. Telephone encounters and other things asked by the provider.

Claims Adjustment Specialist

A typical day includes a steady work flow during processing time. Hardest part of the day is during system glitches which can impede your work flow. Positive to that is the endless amount of trainings you can take during down time.

Sets you up for failure

Honestly never had a job That was so punitive. The way our work and performance is graded is not very employee friendly. It does not lead to job satisfaction or employee satisfaction. Very critical in nature. Always changing and rarely for the better. Cumbersome charting. Managers in roles over jobs they have never even worked at.

Pros

Decent pay and somewhat flexible schedule

Cons

See above

my review

its okay of a company. I just need change in my life. A better high paying job. The pay is an issue with this company. I'm sorry to say that... everything else is great.

Pros

you have fun

Cons

you see a lot people leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uhc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Uhc with

• Uhc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?