UHS Employee Reviews

It depends on your department Manager / Coworkers.
Non-Medical Technical (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 5, 2019
If you are fortunate enough to have a good manager and good team / department, UHS can be a fantastic place to work,.
Unfortunately, I had a coworker that just made the atmosphere unbearable. The manager had a terrible temper and would fly off the handle over little things and made some "bizarre" requests from his employees (not patient related, I was in a technical area).
It's unfortunate that what could be a great place to work can also be the most miserable job one has ever had (and I have had some very unappealing jobs as well as some awesome jobs).
I have worked in two other hospitals and truly enjoyed the position(s), my coworkers and greatly respected my manager(s). UHS, in this instance fell terrible short!!
I would recommend, that during the interview process, ask about morale and ask if you could speak to a couple of the team members. If they seem generally happy, than most likely you'll be happy. If you can see by the body language, they are working to put a positive spin on things, then weigh the pros and cons of the position you are interviewing for.
Pros
Depends on what department and team members you work with.
Cons
poor management, bad employees not properly handled.
was fun
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2019
Uhs was a good second job for me they trained you very well they paid very good when the contract was bought out the supervisor was so nice he would come in on his days off to help out
ok
Technician (Current Employee) –  Johnson, ARJanuary 28, 2019
work more with less. Constant pressure to do more. Great benefits. management tries. Held accountable for things totally out of your control. graded on others work
Pros
great benefits
Busy, sometimes enjoyable workplace
Emergency Room Scribe (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Documentaing patient’s complaints, physical exam findings, imaging results, lab results and treatment plan. I have learned a lot with this job with medical terminology, and much more. The management is not very good. Unorganized, not professional, double standards and favoritism are the main complaints from me.
Pros
A lot of medical advise working with physicians
Cons
Sometimes very busy, sometimes very slow working atmosphere. No set break time or length with breaks.
Horrible company
Medical Biller / Collections (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2019
Manager's and Team Leads know absolutely nothing, they will try to get you to do under handed things to accounts just to make numbers, and throw u under the bus in the process. You go to HR and Director with the things that are going on and advise them of violation and that's when you become a target. If your not really serious about healthcare and patient's then this is a great job. If you want to have a lasting future in healthcare then trust me this is not the place to work. It's a revolving door because it's a miserable place to work with miserable and unhappy people because it's all about numbers not quality. This company is horrible take my advice and keep looking.
Pros
Cons
Everything about it.
a major let down in all areas of the job....
Hospital Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Management has no clue how to run this department. The workers who show up but don't work are consistently favored. It is the strangest concept I have ever witnessed. The good workers are bullied-expected to do their work and the work of the lazy employees. Management is poor-out of touch and shows a bullish style and even-possible racism..
Pros
I met some great people.
Cons
Everything associated with the job-management-pay-the work load..etc.
Horrible management and corruption
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2018
This place is so corrupted! I don’t know about other departments but if you work in the lab you know what I mean when I say management is awful. They are definitely not for the employee. This company is for-profit and all they care about is how many patients you can draw in an hour. They do pointless testing everyday to rack up bills and milk their insurance . That’s all good and fine, business is business, but the way they move they won’t last long without being sued several times over. There is a lot of bullying and harassment, HR will do nothing to investigate what’s happening and they will flip the situation on you and make sure they fire you quickly. I know a few people who are planning to sue this organization and I’m quite sure they will win! There is a very high turnover in the lab and if you join them you will know why. I’m not sure why they don’t question the high turnover or realize that something is clearly wrong. Other hospital systems treat their lab staff 100% better. If you’re a phlebotomist you know you’re getting very low pay compared to the other hospital systems here. They continuously give MLT’s and MT’s raises and phlebs get the back end! I honestly don’t know how corporate hasn’t fired all of the labs upper management and revamped the whole program. Depending on who you are, depends on whether or not you will face disciplinary action for infractions. Very biased company. Lab staff is completely treated like trash by nursing staff. Patients are also treated like trash since they want to admit patients for every little reason causing a lot of stress and  more... unnecessary work on nursing staff. If you just want experience, get your two years and move on, that’s probably all you will be able to stand once you see how they operate. These people are money hungry and have turned the health profession into a joke. There have been several people who have had heart attacks while at work because of the stress and will continue to make you work through it. I’ve seen everything first hand! They are always short-staffed in the lab due to high turnover. There will be times when there is one phleb for the whole hospital!!! You don’t get breaks or lunch sometimes...I can go on and on. If you catch my drift you’ll stay far away. Your health is much more important than any job!  less
Pros
Acute experience
Cons
Corruption, poor management and HR, terrible food, awful pay, crazy hours, high phleb-patient ratio, bullying, harassment, intimidation tactics
Learning as a new nurse
Labor and Delivery Staff Nurse (PRN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2018
UHS is a place I feel I grew as a nurse. It taught me so much as to what I need in todays nursing. I was able to build a great relationship with fellow nurses, physicians, and techs. They were always my second family.
No Comment
Physician Practice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 25, 2018
I real don't have a comment about this company. The worker were ok and the upper management was decent. That's all I have to say about the company. Thanks
No job security
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 8, 2018
I found out towards the end that there was an official training for my position yet I did not receive this. Every time I would be taken under someones wing and supported professionally, that person would leave for another position with another company, I should of caught on earlier. No job security, your time will come when they have to put the blame on you for something, and you will not see it coming. I wish they would of just supported me more with trust, encouragement & official training. The local team is very cliquey and all talked about one another, making for an uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
autonomy in my position
Cons
no job security
The company as a whole is not bad
Hospital Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2018
Decent benefits and pay for the job. Team environment is a must for the job. You will rely on your team for almost everything. The company itself is in the mist of some major changes.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Fast pace workplace
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2018
Uhs is a fast pace enviorment which keeps u going, there always someone need your help. This is an hospital were patients need extened care. Uhs provides equpiment throughout the hospital, because they dont supply all the equipment thats needed to perform surgery we supply iv pumps,vents for patients having trobule breathing on there on. We also inspect equipment before it goes back into motion to be use on next patient.
I think this company closed down
Quality Control/ Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 27, 2018
I was great company to work for in the beginning 2011-2013, then it staring to go down hill. Managers started quitting and everyone started getting fired.
Productive work place
Hospital Technician (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 27, 2018
UHS gives great opportunity for accelerating. They are hands on in making sure the patients and staff are well taken care of and have everything they need.
Pros
Benefits, great staff, heloing patients and staff at the hospital
Cons
Demanding due to emergency situations in the hospital
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYAugust 19, 2018
No outside life to speak of.
Extremely stressful place to have worked for.
Numbers before patient care.
Learned more skills involving phlebotomy position.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Management has its clicks and can be vindictive
River Park Hospital RN (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 1, 2018
Ok place to work, just come to work and don’t socialize because it can get you into trouble and if a manager doesn’t like you there will be a problem even if you are a good nurse.
Really liked the job
Access Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 7, 2018
Management came and went. The job constantly changed, adding more responsibility with little or no instruction.

I really enjoyed working with patients. I became quite attached to many of them.

The hardest part of the job was never being asked for input concerning the job that I did everyday.
Not organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 22, 2018
Not very organized, leaders weren't allowed to lead, a lot of favoritism going on, culture wasn't the best it could have been. People were nice but nice doesn't run a company.
productive and great fellow employees
Coordinator Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 12, 2018
a lot of patient interaction and employee interaction. great place to work and learn. felt job was enjoyable. learned new computer skills. patients were grateful for information provided to them.
Good
Access Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 25, 2018
I work with a great staff in the emergency department. Everyone, including nurses and doctors are willing to work together as a team to achieve the patients needs.