UHS Employee Reviews

No job security
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 8, 2018
I found out towards the end that there was an official training for my position yet I did not receive this. Every time I would be taken under someones wing and supported professionally, that person would leave for another position with another company, I should of caught on earlier. No job security, your time will come when they have to put the blame on you for something, and you will not see it coming. I wish they would of just supported me more with trust, encouragement & official training. The local team is very cliquey and all talked about one another, making for an uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
autonomy in my position
Cons
no job security
The company as a whole is not bad
Hospital Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2018
Decent benefits and pay for the job. Team environment is a must for the job. You will rely on your team for almost everything. The company itself is in the mist of some major changes.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Fast pace workplace
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2018
Uhs is a fast pace enviorment which keeps u going, there always someone need your help. This is an hospital were patients need extened care. Uhs provides equpiment throughout the hospital, because they dont supply all the equipment thats needed to perform surgery we supply iv pumps,vents for patients having trobule breathing on there on. We also inspect equipment before it goes back into motion to be use on next patient.
I think this company closed down
Quality Control/ Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 27, 2018
I was great company to work for in the beginning 2011-2013, then it staring to go down hill. Managers started quitting and everyone started getting fired.
Productive work place
Hospital Technician (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 27, 2018
UHS gives great opportunity for accelerating. They are hands on in making sure the patients and staff are well taken care of and have everything they need.
Pros
Benefits, great staff, heloing patients and staff at the hospital
Cons
Demanding due to emergency situations in the hospital
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYAugust 19, 2018
No outside life to speak of.
Extremely stressful place to have worked for.
Numbers before patient care.
Learned more skills involving phlebotomy position.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Management has its clicks and can be vindictive
River Park Hospital RN (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 1, 2018
Ok place to work, just come to work and don’t socialize because it can get you into trouble and if a manager doesn’t like you there will be a problem even if you are a good nurse.
Really liked the job
Access Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 7, 2018
Management came and went. The job constantly changed, adding more responsibility with little or no instruction.

I really enjoyed working with patients. I became quite attached to many of them.

The hardest part of the job was never being asked for input concerning the job that I did everyday.
Not organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 22, 2018
Not very organized, leaders weren't allowed to lead, a lot of favoritism going on, culture wasn't the best it could have been. People were nice but nice doesn't run a company.
productive and great fellow employees
Coordinator Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 12, 2018
a lot of patient interaction and employee interaction. great place to work and learn. felt job was enjoyable. learned new computer skills. patients were grateful for information provided to them.
Good
Access Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 25, 2018
I work with a great staff in the emergency department. Everyone, including nurses and doctors are willing to work together as a team to achieve the patients needs.
I made some friends at work
FOOD SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 19, 2018
United Health Services has job achievement after one year of employment and most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the residents and patients' faces
Pros
job achievement
Senior Living at Ideal (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 18, 2018
The management at the building I worked at was terrible. No one knew what they were doing and you were lucky if you saw your boss once a month. Some workers would be told to do certain tasks as well as do other worker's tasks. The treatment was unfair and very stressful. You would be walking into your shift and already feel the chaos that was about to unfold and you would leave exhausted and worn out and have to do it all again the next day
Nice experience.
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2018
All the providers were nice and helpful, All the employees e=were there to answer all my questions. Training was thorough and it helped me helped me to perform my job better. All the patients were very polite and had a lot of patience during my training period.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
I wanted to do more phlebotomy.
Job security
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYApril 29, 2018
Job security is and will always be an issue. Otherwise a good Corporation to work for. Also because it is competitive, if someone else can do your job at an cheaper hourly rate than you they will find a way to employ that individual. Have been turned in for some labor practices with unemployment within NYS.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
job security
The district manager better be a good one!
BMET l (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 29, 2018
I had the worst manager. He was lazy, clueless and imagined I was after his position. His racist jokes and Republican demeanor was troublesome. When contacting his boss to file complaint, I was ignored. I would seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
consistent work hours
Cons
poorly managed company
employees are amazing
LPN (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMarch 11, 2018
management does not communicate very well and it is not family friendly when it comes to employees, the orientation was quite extensive and sometimes you nay or may not get to eat
reasonable work load
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 6, 2018
Though there is a reasonable work load, there is not much for standard systems across facilities to manage by so you are left to create your own systems that may wind up inconsistent with regulations or company goals.
Pros
solid food budget
Cons
disorganized upper management
Average employer
Sharepoint Administrator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Somewhat dysfunctional upper management, but nothing beyond the typical for a corporation of its size and history. Politics abounded, but didn't affect the average employee too much.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2018
Good place to work . Good benefits . Advancement . Salaries competitive. Many locations to work through out Las Vegas and now Henderson . Some facilities offer specialties others don't