UHY LLP Employee Reviews

Lack of communication
Senior Staff Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2018
Like any place there are great people and not so great people. Will be given the kool-aide. Do not back up promises, and if there are problems do not expect to be notified about them until it is too late.
Excellent
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
This office is just amazing. the staff here are great. The co workers are awesome too. It was too bad i was only here for 3 months as part of a contract.
Time & Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
One of the best places to work! Staff is great. Stressful during tax season but that goes with the job. Great training and continuing education opportunities. Strong commitment to clients. Very supportive of employees.
Pros
Contining education and training
Cons
long hours during peak times
Hard working dedicated group.
Seasonal Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2017
What a great place to work and learn and grow! They were very welcoming and had a variety of work for me to do. I also like the pace of work I had while at UHY.
Best CPA in West LA - now closed
Executive Assistant/Business Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJune 23, 2017
Great place to work, so much work for advancement, support from higher level, great atmosphere, in the heart of Brentwook, CA. Professional, hardworking people
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
Out of Business
Overall a great place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 16, 2017
Having a flexible schedule is nice, the co-worker relationships are strong, available opportunity to continue learning, and the work environment is clean and up to date.
Great client list
Financial Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 8, 2017
I am in a contract role so there are no benefits offered. I have been placed at two assignments with the current one being a CFO role at a manufacturing company.
Great if your live to work and never make an error
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 16, 2017
The benefits are on par with other public accounting firms and can quickly advance with some dedication during tax season and getting in good with management. Made some great friends and some managers were easier to work for than others. If you live to work and don't mind losing 3-4 months of your life every year this is a great place for you! If you're about more than money and a title than might want to look elsewhere. There was a mass exodus of mid level staff around the same time I left. Management offers little direction and does not support staff when assignments are above their pay grade. When a client is upset they would look for the lowest level employee that worked on the account to use as a scape goat and give you the axe. I learned a lot about accounting and even more about poor corporate culture from my time at UHY.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, coworkers at a staff level
Cons
Lack of management oversight and assistance, fire you when client is upset
Underappreciated, poor direction from management
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to gain experience, so are other firms. They promote work/life balance and an open ear culture, however, when problems arise, you are left to drown. Management does not take accountability when things go wrong and push there work down to associates, but they are quick to take credit when things go great.
Great CPA firm to gain experience!
Staff Auditor (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 21, 2016
Fast paced, challenging work. Busy season is tough due to hours, but the experience you can gain in a short period of time is well worth it. Good culture and great people!

Want to know more about UHY LLP?

Ask a question
Way too much overtime during tax season.
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2016
They promote work/life balance but require way too much time during tax season when other firms are cutting back on tax season hour requirements. Sad and ridiculous,. Otherwise it wouldn't be too bad .
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Old Guard mentality, tax season hours
Easy going, fun workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
• Work as part-time, Administrative Assistant for a project management company.
• Date Entry, paying invoices, scheduling appointments, booking travel arrangements, and answering calls.
• Operated equipment including personal computers, copiers, and fax machines. Proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Great company, great fair management & awesome work life balance!
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Wonderful fair management! Great incentives for advancement and wonderful work life balance! These guys are the absolute best! Supportive family work environment and a job that I truly wish I had never left!
Sourced and recruited and screened senior audit and tax people for publc accounting positions at UHY
Human Resources - Executive Search Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
The HR Management and Partners worked to keep a good working relationship between HR, the partners and its tax and audit people and staff at UHY. In public accounting, there is a need during the busy season to have people work long hours. The management did its best to make the work environment a more desirable place to work. An emphasis was made by HR to work harder on retention and even had alumni parties to keep a good relationship with ex-UHY employees, who were offered referral bonuses. In December, UHY became part of BDO.
Temporary position
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 15, 2014
I worked for UHY during their tax season as a temporary assistant. My normal daily tasks involved covering reception, mail, and filing. It was noted that my position was only temporary and they would not be hiring anyone new.
Temporary
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 23, 2014
I worked here as a temp. It wasn't required for them to keep me on, and they didn't. The needed me during tax season, as it was an accountants agency.
Pros
experience
Cons
job security
Productive place, job compensated very well, fast pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2014
This company is where I learned a lot about the corporate world. I learned new things everyday. I actualy love my job and what was expected of me. Here is where I made the most money.
Pros
job treated workers very well
Cons
long hours, job was not complete until work was finished
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2013
  Assisted office manager with Financial Statement and Proposals-some preparation –backup for copying, binding, and filing typed copies, maintaining report release records. Maintaining file room: (maintained a highly effective organizational and filing system, including quick and thorough indexing, filing and offsite storage, resulting in easy access to critical information and streamlining office function).
 Coordinate and set up high-level conference calls, board and management meetings, special events and travel arrangement for executives.
 Receptionist duties (Answering a high volume of incoming calls and in-person inquiries from clients and colleagues; treat each person with respect and provide information and referrals. Call for messenger drop-offs and pick-ups.
 Created new client profiles and Engagement Master Files using Elite Enterprise 3.5 and AS/400. Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable.
 Conduct extensive Internet research on competitor and potential acquisitions, reporting findings to sales representative as well as maintaining database and compiling PR materials for potential clients.
 Process tax returns and mailing of invoices. Responsible for mail, faxes and Transit check distribution. Time input, maintaining inventory for office supplies and ordering. Support fellow co-workers.
Good benefits but slow advancement
Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2013
There is a steady work flow every day. The company cares about its employees and gives great benefits. Advancement is slow in certain departments and usually calls for company change in order to move up the ladder.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Salary and advancement
Tax and business associates
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2013
I was an administrative assistant, and my job required that I eventually become a full-time staff recruiter. A typical day at work included being a personal assistant to the chief recruiter in my department, as well as maintaining expense reports and paperwork for the contractors we supplied to clients. I became responsible for searching for and placing new talent in job openings for clients. Management was not very involved in my daily operations other than handing over expectations and assignments, and I am more of a team-oriented individual, and I would like to have seen a more team-based environment. My co-workers were very hard-working, driven and helpful. I did feel part of a team with them. The hardest part of the job was convincing people over the phone that I could promise them a better job if they were to switch to our company and join our team. I felt that it was unethical, and ultimately it led to my departure with that part of the company. I found that it was a better fit for me to stay on the administrative side and deal with the clerical needs of my department. The most enjoyable part fo the job was the company picnics and outings.
Pros
free breakfast on fridays, company picnics and learn-at-lunch sessions
Cons
management, no prospect of upward movement, felt pigeon-holed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UHY LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about