UIP Companies Employee Reviews

Highly Rewarding & Results Driven
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 19, 2017
This company is filled with highly motivated, energetic, results driven people. There are three business units and all three are dependent on the other two which makes collaboration a must. I have found that I am the most successful here when I work with those in the other companies and learn from their experiences as well as from my past mistakes.

Working here is highly rewarding and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a career in construction.
Pros
Rewarding projects
Cons
Growing pains
Value = (Knowledge + Skills) x Attitude
Sr. VP (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 1, 2017
UIPeople at all levels of the company are great - everyone is supportive of each other and have been developing a team view of the mission.

The Principals and Management team are highly Motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team. We are the definition of what a team should be.

I have never come across such company that has all the great qualities of Culture, Management, Career Advancement …

We work hard and play hard!
Pros
Well structured, great for cross training, fair and balanced work place, very dynamic and positive in its approach to growth
Cons
Not so much a Con but a challenge, we are fast paced growing!
A Fun and Growing Real Estate Company
VP (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2017
UIP strikes a great balance between an informal and a "get it done" environment. Lots of mutual respect between co-workers. Wide variety of experiences and exposure to acquisitions, development, construction and property management. A growing company with well connected partners who create a comfortable work environment.
Pros
Random free lunches, company outings on work time, work life balance and flexibility, lunch and learns and other training, casual and trendy dress environment, property tours
Cons
Working on collaboration between groups, they are growing, and it's just growing pains.
Fast-paced, collaborative environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2017
UIP is a great place to work if you want to be part of a growing company and learn a lot about real estate. The culture is fast-paced - there's always a lot going on and the opportunities to learn and grow are endless.
The environment is highly collaborative - the company is continually working to ensure asset management, property management and general contracting are working closely together. There is a lot of knowledge to be shared across the companies.
There are regular company events - from free lunches to boating trips, holiday parties and happy hours. UIP gives its employees the opportunity to tour several of its properties every couple of months as well.
This is a great environment if you are a hard worker who wants to be part of shaping a company. Being flexible is key - there isn't a policy for every little thing.
Overall, a great place to work with a competitive benefits package.
Pros
Regular company events, competitive benefits package, great people
Cons
Not well-suited to people who need a huge amount of structure
Give it a Shot
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 11, 2017
Depends on what you are actually hired to do. Various roles, various duties. There are good days and there are so me really bad days. If you enjoy working somewhere that has you flip flopping around different work sites then this is the place for you. Job security is 50/50; depending on experience or if you're just that bad at what you do. At least twice a month there are free lunches. Great outings during the year. The company culture within UIP is very competitive among employees, in a good way. There are different competition during the month and prizes are given out; say a free paid day off, gift cards, free lunch and more.
Growing organization with strong culture of quality and fun
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
The UIP Companies combines 3 different companies - asset management, general contracting, and property management. This vertical integration gives employees the chance to see the entire process from the time we identify a property we want to acquire, the acquisitions process, how we plan to develop it, the actual development and management of construction, all the way through to leasing the property up and managing it on a day-to-day basis. This provides excellent learning opportunities as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a bunch of great people from across the business.

The three Principals have an open door policy, and are extremely knowledgeable in their field. They genuinely care about each and every one of the people that work here. We celebrate regularly with company events, long service awards, and other opportunities to thank our people for all that they do.

As a growing organization, we are currently building in a bit more structure (but not too much) - examples are the updating of our employee handbook, the recent introduction of an employee engagement survey, etc. We are agile, flexible, and focused on continuous improvement.

This environment is best-suited to creative and adaptable individuals who want to be part of UIP's growth and positive change - if you prefer to have a standard operating procedure for everything you do, then it's probably not for you. On the other hand, if you want to learn, grow, and you're the type of person who works hard and puts their hand up when they see an opportunity, you'll thrive at UIP.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities, a great team, regular company events, comprehensive benefits package
Cons
Less well suited to someone who needs a lot of structure
many times the budgets are very low for good quality work
Project Manager/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2015
Many times budget are too low for quality work. Management is young, unfortunately inexperienced.
The hardest part of the job is beeing a Project Manager and a Superintendent at the same time.
Some co-workers are fun, helpful, professional
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we get together for social events
Pros
free dinners or happy hours every now and then
Cons
Not a professional environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UIP Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4