UIP Companies Employee Review

View all UIP Companies reviews

Growing organization with strong culture of quality and fun
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
The UIP Companies combines 3 different companies - asset management, general contracting, and property management. This vertical integration gives employees the chance to see the entire process from the time we identify a property we want to acquire, the acquisitions process, how we plan to develop it, the actual development and management of construction, all the way through to leasing the property up and managing it on a day-to-day basis. This provides excellent learning opportunities as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a bunch of great people from across the business.

The three Principals have an open door policy, and are extremely knowledgeable in their field. They genuinely care about each and every one of the people that work here. We celebrate regularly with company events, long service awards, and other opportunities to thank our people for all that they do.

As a growing organization, we are currently building in a bit more structure (but not too much) - examples are the updating of our employee handbook, the recent introduction of an employee engagement survey, etc. We are agile, flexible, and focused on continuous improvement.

This environment is best-suited to creative and adaptable individuals who want to be part of UIP's growth and positive change - if you prefer to have a standard operating procedure for everything you do, then it's probably not for you. On the other hand, if you want to learn, grow, and you're the type of person who works hard and puts their hand up when they see an opportunity, you'll thrive at UIP.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities, a great team, regular company events, comprehensive benefits package
Cons
Less well suited to someone who needs a lot of structure

Other UIP Companies Employee Reviews

Great Company
Concierge (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2018
Great managers and they are very accomodating when they can be. The downfall is no paid leave or holiday for part-time employees. Ok communication. Great
Highly Rewarding & Results Driven
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 19, 2017
This company is filled with highly motivated, energetic, results driven people. There are three business units and all three are dependent on the other two which makes collaboration a must. I have found that I am the most successful here when I work with those in the other companies and learn from their experiences as well as from my past mistakes.

Working here is highly rewarding and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a career in construction.
Pros
Rewarding projects
Cons
Growing pains

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UIP Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4