Ukiah Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Always learning something new
Adventist Health - Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAApril 15, 2018
A good day of work for me is that I've learned something new. In order to understand what the speaker has said, I've had to do research of some type or another. Quite typically, my shift is split. Afternoons, I do the diagnosis and microscopic description for the grossing of the day before. I either do gross reports in the evening or first thing in the morning, just as long as they're in by the time the pathologist gets into the lab in the morning. The hardest part is we all have to remember I live 3 hours ahead. On the other hand, that's also one of the best parts of the job. It does give me more flexibility. The most challenging, and enjoyable for me, is switching between two different pathologists. It keeps me on my toes (fingers).
Pros
Good crew with which to work, mostly a team effort.
Cons
One of my pathologists refuses to dictate diagnoses and microscopic descriptions.
n/a
Lead Nurse Urology (Former Employee) –  ukiahMarch 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the urology office at Ukiah valley medical center when i was working there. The doctor was amazing and really cared for his patients and staff
Nursing Management
Director of Emergency Medical Services (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 20, 2017
Middle management with the usual stresses. Enjoyed the work environment, which was a hospital department. Workplace culture was supportive. Hardest part of the job was having the responsibility of discipline of direct reports. The best part was the people both colleagues and patients.
Pros
Helping people succeed
Cons
Responsibilty termination of employees
Not what it used to be
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CA 95482September 14, 2017
New leadership came in that pits staff against each other. Uses comments by one employee to write up other employees and holds grudges that he will act on. As best anyone can tell upper management is fine with it. Went from one of the best places to work to the worst,
Amazing Place to Work
Director of Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAJune 5, 2017
Amazing place to learn and a lot of emphasis is placed on developing leaders. There are too many hospitals who would hire a non-RN to run a surgery department. I am forever grateful for the opportunity I received.
Kind environment
Executive Chef/Manager (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAMay 3, 2017
Nice people that make me feel appreciated. Good balance with work and home life. The community really appreciates my classes and really turn out for hospital related events pertaining to wellness.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Maybe a little too rural for some.
Conflicts all over, resource challenged
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 27, 2017
Inconsistent management between hospital and corporate as they burn through top notch Directors leaving Managers with unresolved conflicts and difficulty obtaining needed resources to support operations. Problems with boom and bust cycles with hospital affecting ambulatory setting. Broken billing systems and grossly inconsistent metrics. Poor training of staff. Substandard pay for region. Should anyone say more?
Pros
few
Cons
Management at VP and CEO levels
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CADecember 15, 2014
When arriving at work I would look at the surgery schedule and try to see what needed to be done for the day. I learned a whole new way to do things and different processes. I didn't feel I could talk to management. As for co-workers the main language that was spoken in the department was Spanish. I don't know Spanish and I felt left out most of the time. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication in the department I was working in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits.
I am praying that these comments don't hurt me in any way.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
language barrier
friendly evironment
Intensive Care Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAMay 26, 2014
Small town hospital with rural ICU - friendly staff and doctors
Pros
slow pace friendly staff and doctors
Cons
slow pace
Professional, teamwork atmosphere
Staff Nurse Per Diem ICU (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CADecember 7, 2012
It has been such a long time since I worked at this hospital, I don't remember many specifics except that it was a very pleasant, small community, professional place to work.
Family oriented workplace
Tech Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 19, 2012
Come to work sign in to my computer. Work time sensitive reports, ck emails. Love working with my coworkers, like a big family working with them. Management empowers us to get our work done and gives us the tools we need to complete tasks in a timely manner. The hardest part of my job is not finishing things up before the end of my shift and I have to finish up the next day. I love challenges, especially the ones I can learn from. I also love helping others. I have others come to me when the supervisor is not available. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I finish a task in which was very challenging and I finished it quicker than I anticipated and my supervisor acknowledges my work.
benefits
Cons
having to reapply for our jobs as we are being centralized, in a different town.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ukiah Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ukiah Valley Medical Center Reviews by Location