Uline Employee Reviews

Just ok
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 5, 2018
U-Line in Milwaukee located at 8900 N.55TH has nothing to do with ULINE they are two different companies. Now onto ULINE. This company seems to always be hiring but yet they are specific in the type of people they want to hire. I have a cousin who was well qualified for the job and yet didnt get it.Seems the company in Kenosha wants to keep the place a certain color
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
poor diversity
Demanding job with excellent compensation
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 12, 2018
I have the pleasure of working with some of the most driven, intelligent, and passionate people here at Uline. There is no shortage of work but compensation and benefits are top tier. It is a very professional corporate environment and that is reflected in everything that we do here in the warehouse and HQ in our dress code, acumen, communication, and facilities.
Pros
Great people, Compensation and fringe benefits
Cons
Hours can be long if you let them
cut throat
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PASeptember 8, 2018
company environment not great to work in. training is very laxed or non-existent. upper management non approachable. human resources not available to handle issues
Family run friendly business where everyone knows each other.
Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2018
A medium sized company where everyone knows each other, the owner knows everyone and his door is always open.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working here and will be sorry to leave but I want to come off the road and be with my wife and our 2 dogs. I would definitely recommend this company for someone looking to make good money in a decent truck with new trailers.
Just upgraded all the trucks to brand new Volvo condo trucks.
Fully equipped with PeopleNet, fridge, 3,000 watt inverter, TriPak and much more. Trailers are refrigerated and either new or just a few years old and always well maintained, trucks are Volvo dealership serviced.
Pros
Family run, friendly, new vehicles and trailers.
Cons
None.
Loved working at Uline!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
Uline is the best company I have ever worked for. I would still be there if there was a position available in my area.

Management is excellent and wants employees to succeed.

Employees are responsible for maintaining or exceeding their job metrics.

I loved working with like-minded individuals! We worked hard and we played hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team mentality and the common bond of wanting to be the best.
Pros
Pristine work environment, Advancement Opportunities, Ongoing training, Fantastic people to work with, Everyone works hard
Great place for interns!
UX Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my internship at Uline. I learned a lot and was able to see the ways that they invest in their interns. You can tell that many of the staff pride themselves for having worked at such a company. It's very top heavy culture and must dress in professional attire at all times. There are many "not usual" requirements and rules but many of the good can outweigh the unusual if you enjoy the work you do.
Pros
invest in their interns, possible FT offer afterwards, my mentor was awesome
Cons
top heavy culture and set in ways of doing certain things
Fast paced environment with a unique work culture.
Mailroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 13, 2018
Uline is a great place to work! The workplace is clean, organized and fast paced. Co-workers and benefits/bonuses are a huge plus as well. As an employee, you truly feel valued and appreciated.
Pros
So many amenities: fitness center, executive chefs in the cafe, massages, salon, walking trails.
Cons
The "Uline way" requires training and patience but it is worth it.
It's a job not a career
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 8, 2018
I am currently a freight stock picker. The job is great if you are able to keep to yourself and keep and smile on in front of management. The pay, for what the job entails, is very good. If you enjoy being able to keep interactions to a minimum and focus on your work, then it is a great job.

You are merely. Not your employee number, but your productivity and accuracy for that day. It does not matter if you are able to exceed numbers on a daily basis. If you have one bad day, or one error outside of your control, then that is all you become to your management. The old adage of "what have you done for me lately," is very apt here. Any sense of identity and individuality is thrown out of the window here. You must conform to their set of standards otherwise you are seen as a problem.

Lack of career advancement is non-existent, unless you assimilate. From my experience, you have to excel above and beyond all goals in place to be even considered. Only then THEY will place you where they like. If you request to learn other responsibilities, then it becomes a constant barrage of misleading or leading on. There were many empty promises made that lead to nowhere.

It is a good job if you are able to fit their mold, but disagree or speak your voice on any issue, you become a nuisance.

All that is required of you is to keep your head down and focus on the task at hand and you can excel here. It could be an excellent career if not for the management. Otherwise, it's just a decent job that brings home the paychecks.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
propaganda
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 2, 2018
There is nothing especial about Uline. Uline is owned and run by people with low morals. If all you need is money, then Uline is for you. They pay higher wages. There is virtually no advancement. Those few promotions are given to those that stay up late playing video games with management and go out drinking with them. Hard work is not valued at Uline. Don't bother going to their job fairs. They only hire one or two people at time. Management also makes fun of the people that show up to the job fairs. You would think that a billion dollar company would be more professional. Uline's biggest problem now can be summed up in one word, MICROMAGEMENT. If you like to use your brain, be treated as an adult and with respect, don't come to Uline. There is an epidemic of stress at Uline. Ask yourselves one question, "why is Uline always hiring? You will see the same job posting time and time again. Well that's because Uline can't keep employees. Why does a company that pays well be always hiring? Uline's job culture is not in tune with todays workforce. Unfortunately ignorance runs rampant at Uline.
Pros
pay
Cons
Micromanagement
Run if you can!
Receiving/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 30, 2018
Worked for the company for seven years out of the Coppell, TX Branch. Wanted to leave this place so bad that I was offered a service pay package to leave. I accepted the package so quickly and haven't looked back every since. Stressful atmosphere that is run almost like a military camp. This company doesn't even like for the men to have facial hair. Too many rules to abide by. Poor leadership, if you don t agree how things are being run, then you are considered a troubled employee.
Pros
Wages, bonus
Cons
Too much micro managing, Way too many managers.
Micro managed
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 19, 2018
Employers are expected to live up to unreasonable standards. The company has values and beliefs that i do not agree with. They have great benefits but pay could be a bit better
Great temp jobs
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 14, 2018
Anytime i needed work they had something for me. Never had any issues with anyone there and everyone was kind and finding work was always a very simple process.
Pros
Reliable work
Cons
Could use more advancement options
Great company but can make many changes to be the best
Off-Site Projects/ Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 5, 2018
Management micromanages every action that is done. If someone wants to go above and beyond, they are looked down upon since everything has to be approved by a manager. People complain if your not doing work, but some times no work is available.
Pros
Good benefits, great food on location
Cons
Poor Management
Great Benefits, but Limited Advancement
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJune 29, 2018
The job is demanding, but not difficult. Managers have trouble communicating with employees effectively. They make empty promises all of the time. Benefits are the best I've ever seen or had. I want to further my career through promotion, but the company has a small number of advancement opportunities. If you want a job that pays well and guarantees a 40-hour workweek, this is the place for you. If you want to work, learn, and hope for advancement, then look elsewhere.
Pros
Health insurance, 401K, bonuses, pay and overtime
Cons
Advancement, professional management
Good Company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, IL 60085June 26, 2018
Very fast paced and hard working envroment. Pay and benefits are great but there seems to be no room for advancement or shift change. I have been here for almost 4 years, have earned employee of the week numerous times as well as employee of the month. I just wish they were consider promoting from within. We have lost so many good people because of this.
Pros
Pay, benefits, Pto
Cons
Advancement, able to change shifts when there is an opening
very uninviting culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAJune 26, 2018
not a very pleasant environment. Very unwelcoming and serious. I would not recommend any of my friends and family to work here. Everyone so serious and they seem not to like each other.
Pros
new building
Cons
bad environment, unfriendly culture
Don't waste your time!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 25, 2018
Hated it here, could not wait to leave and find something new! Over worked and too much micromanagement. The company has a knack for playing favorites when it comes to promotions and raises. It might be an ok job for someone with no advanced schooling, but if you have a degree and are looking for career advancement and somewhere to grow steer clear of this place.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 10, 2018
- Unethical dept management style
- Decent Compensation
- Biased environment
- Backward mentality
- Out of touch with reality (Lower management)
- Great Executives
- Great President
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Awesome
Custodian, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 31, 2018
I worked as a custodian here and when i tell you it was one of the best jobs i ever had. Free food from time to time. Friendly people and interesting characters too.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Job Security
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 28, 2018
I was temporal there, which means my job was not going to be permanent. However, they did not give me enough time to find another job once my time was up. I work on a Monday and when I finished working they told me I was a good employee, never missed work, but they did not need any more temporal employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight