Uline
Information from Uline:

Uline Employee Reviews

United States347 reviews
Featured review
Uline selected this as a representative review
Fun and positive work environment
This company is an awesome place to work. The people truly do care about one another and it's my family away from home. There is constant support, trainings, and opportunities for advancement. They put you through the ringer when getting hired, but I believe that they do it to make sure they find the best people for the job.
March 2, 2020
We are excited to hear that you have enjoyed your time at Uline! We are very proud of the people we hire and the opportunities we offer our employees. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
Best company
This is the best company I've ever worked. I left the job because I had to move out of the state, but if it was up to me I would work there for life. The benefits are the best. The annual bonus you get is base on the annual sales, my last year the bonus was more than $5000 per employee, obviously without taxes, but the company keeps growing every year so you can expect higher bonuses every year. Management is the best and safesty is priority number one.
Bad
Just another warehouse acting like the best and better than the rest, management trainees are all hired from outside source rarely current employees. And they have an image type most hires are fresh out of college white guys with the same hair style of not from college still mostly white guys
Pros
Pay and bonus
Stay away if you can
Liz Uline and top management are the worst management team I have worked with.
She is obsessed and overly controlling and not trusting anybody.

She built a big company, but at the expense of the people who work for her.

I left only after 11 months because I could not stand this culture.

If you can, apply somewhere else.
Poor and Lying Management
After a few months working in the warehouse at Uline, I worked as hard as I could while showing up everyday on time. Coworkers were grestat and always backed me. However, I had very poor management. I was constantly lied to about my forklift training. I was told it would occur after one month, but almost three months later it still hadn't happened, with little care of answers from management. I wanted to work and work hard, i was tired of standing around. They never saw my value and I realized it was time to quit. Worked with great people and made good money, but would rather work hard and make less somewhere else. Lying Management is not a good thing to work for.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Productive and daily goal oriented, great pay
The pay is excellent compared to most companies and the job being basic. You’re just either picking or packing orders. Emphasis is placed on speed and accuracy so you have to have initiative and be competitive. Not to overlook safety which is put above what was previously said. Management is both great and unresponsive. Sadly some don’t care about anyone else but themselves. Fortunately the majority are great to work with and easy to deal with when issues come up.

Overall, a great place to work if you’re goal oriented and work hard. You’ll definitely be rewarded in pay and promotions.
cool bonuses that's it
other than the bonuses in december this is not a place for growth.
Qualified employees do not get hired for in house positions even though they meet the criteria, management usually hires who they are best friends with. Overtime is usually mandatory or they will tell you to check in before your shift is over.
Friendly staff
The workplace culture was the most difficult to adapt to, if you can adjust to that you will be fine. Precise work is a must when turning items in. A lot of departments are doing the same work but in a different format.
Why hire someone you have to micromanage? That's POOR MANAGEMENT
(Couldnt see below a certain line, so there's 2 or 3 typos at the end, i.e. "100%" instead of 10p%, obviously. I could not properly edit..anyway)...
I have 15 years of outside sales experience. Trained by reputable,billion dollar companies, that TRAIN HEAVILY from day 1, with classroom style training, including daily, morning quizzes. THAT is how you get someone to learn a new company's WAY.... Yet not trusted to do my job,as a 40+yr old family/home supporter. Work/Life balance is a REAL thing these days, DEAL WITH IT. 99.9% of outside sales reps take that career because of the control they have over their schedule. The most effective reps can/do start their day between 8-10am&finish b/w 3-4pm,with no "lunch break." Daily activity reports are just busy work, created by uncertainanagers who hire poorly. Weekly activity reports can achieve the same thing as daily ones. When you squeeze and micromanage EXPERIENCED reps, you get the worst results, 100% of the time. However, if mgmt invests in training from the get go, and gets out of an experienced rep's way, then they will see results, again, 10p% of the time. Adapt to today's workforce, or slowly die.
Structured and Micromanaging atmosphere
The atmosphere was overly structured and micromanaged from the top of the management level down to the department managers. There was no room for individuality or "out of the box" ideas. Advancement was only acquired by moving into another department. Movement within departments is fairly non-existent. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to clock out at the end of the shift.
Very easy and you get a hour break for lunch. It’s a good place to work and they are very flexible with hours and you pretty much work at your own pace depending on what building your in and the staff is very nice
False sense of purpose
Rough environment with negative reinforcements and often sloppy management. Not something I would like to do after the age of 40. Good benefits and good pay
I would never work for a company like this ever again, regardless of the pay known for racism and lack of listening to employees thoughts and concerns
Uline could be a great company to work for with the hours of operations days and pay work. However the productivity goal is outrageous and unfair. They don’t hire a lot of minority’s, just enough not to be put on the spot. Politics should not be in the work place, it feels force and discriminatory when you are already known for being against any culture not white. They are known Trump supporters. hang his pictures every where around the company during elections time
Cult like mentality
Original thought is not appreciated. Just want people who think inside there box.
Managers treated everyone same. Very impersonal. Work was often mundane. Very hard to achieve numbers and accuracy. As well as safety in a crazy busy environment
We serve the external customers well.
I have worked at Uline for almost fifteen years. Their philosophy is simple. Employees are required to worry about the details so our customers do not have to. If you work hard, accept that the customer is always right, and embrace the culture, you will have a successful and fulfilling career.
Pros
Job security, bonuses, top-level industry pay, and a clean work environment.
Cons
Can't think of any at the moment!
Pet or trash
If you like to be treated like a pet this is the job for you . The management is trash they have their favorites. No time to do anything on the weekdays but uline .The environment there is dog eat dog ,people turn into robots.
March 2, 2020
We believe that our company runs best when our employees are satisfied. Part of that commitment to our employees means that we take time to train our managers to ensure that they are effective leaders. We are disappointed to hear that you did not feel supported; we’re always working to do better. Thank you for sharing your experience.
poor management
one one care what your skill are, hard fast pace job, no management support, you get one injury, you are terminated. Because I was a temp worker, I had to do more cleaning then others. everything is more push push push, no respect.
Sales Representative
Very structured company. A big brother/ micro managing type atmosphere. You will be audited on EVERYTHING you do. Expect to work long hours.. 50-60 hours a week. Yes, they pay well but in perspective, the hours you put in on salary don’t make it that much of a difference.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, Long hours
March 2, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to be the best and offer exceptional service, which is why we make sure to continually audit and improve our processes.
Overall 3-star rating
Uline has a great need of management improvement the people that have in place of authority has very poor people skills and don't know how to talk to there co-workers
Productive place with great benefits
Uline is a very fast paced company with great benefits and job security. The hours are the downfall with most employees not getting out until 7 or 8 PM.
March 2, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and are happy you have enjoyed your time at Uline!
Great company if you "look the part"
I was recently laid off as a temp to hire position. The place lacks diversity and most of the temp associates are of color. They have hard working temp associates that they use and let go. Favoring the red polo associates, temps get treated as slaves when it comes down to the way we are talked to and the dynamics of the place. We even have to sit in the cold and wait for an associate to open (in passing) because most associates feel as though we're peasants.
March 2, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer a work environment where all employees feel safe and respected, regardless of their status as a temp to hire or a full-time employee. Uline does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex or any other non-merit factor.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uline.