Uline Employee Reviews

good place to work
SHIPPING SUPPLY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 9, 2019
Its a great place to work and grow. What u learn depends on u n how hard u willing to work. Many ways to move around, busy fast paced environment. not really any hard jobs and most of the time management helps get the jobs done. the most enjoyable part of the day is payday lol.
Pros
bonuses and personal growth
Cons
favoritism
Outstanding Company and Culture
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Uline is by far the best company I have worked for in my career. The culture, work environment, strong leadership, developmental opportunities and benefits are just a few things that will keep me at Uline for many years to come.

I am very happy at Uline. The only thing I would change is that I wish I came to Uline right after college.
Fun and always growing
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 30, 2019
Uline had awful hours to work and when it was time to have a job opening to grow they already knew who the next person was to fill in that spot. I moved up quickly but made me feel like I was never good enough.
Pros
Hitting bonus for $100
Cons
Hours that they offered
Nightshift Mgmt Poor but overall good company
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 30, 2019
During my time at Uline I found that I had little to no time spent with family and friends. Although the pay is good and they provide good benefits, I was not happy there. I felt as though management did not really care about anything beside what was in front of a computer. There was no real room for advancement even though I was told there was. 90% of the associates I came into contact with did not enjoy working there but were there for the paycheck. It wasn't an ideal working situation but it provided financial stability.
Pros
Good benefits, annual bonuses
Cons
inconsistent hours, poor management
Terrible Management, No Feedback, Turns a Blind Eye When Issues are Brought to Their Attention
Designer (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 21, 2019
Managers only care about themselves, not interested in resolving conflicts or growing their teams. Only care about work being done quickly, instead of correctly. They don't listen to feedback.
Job with good pay thats about it
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 20, 2019
Workplace is extremely competitive
Bonuses are nice
Managers treat subordinates like monkeys
Hours and overtime are mandatory
Bottom of the Barrel workers are treated as such and constantly put down by managent
Opportunities for growth are non existent and management will promote friends rather than qualified individuals
Pros
Money, Bonuses thats about it
Cons
No breaks other than Lunch, managment
Stressfull and poor management
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 10, 2019
Management does not have any interest in helping you solve work problems. Very stressful environment. Even with great pay and benefits I would never go back.
Pros
Bonuses and high pay
Cons
Stressful, poor management, no room to inprove
Lack of opportunity.. They don’t allow you to progress ..
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2019
No matter what your work ethic is. They don’t allow you to progress . They have steady consistent workers but offer the better paying positions to new temps off the streets.. foaming is the hardest position there but the pay is equivalent to the easiest position there.. and even if there’s a smoother position open, they don’t allow you to switch... It stay where you are or quit.. sad.. I’ve even trained my supervisor and lead man on certain projects and still no recognition
Pros
Cons
Dirty. Short breaks. No leadership. Hot.
Very fast pace and heavy lifting majority of the day
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Work hours prevent family time with spouse or children if you have any. Can become overwhelming at times but with great coworkers the job will get done.
Productive and fast pace environment.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 29, 2018
Typical day was very fast paced and challenging with different things happening each day which made it interesting and opportunities to learn and develop.

Want to know more about Uline?

Ask a question
Not a long career like you would think
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 26, 2018
This job is temporary most of the people their 75% have only been their for 2 years. Very high turnover rate. When I started 2 years later most of the people had either quit or had been fired that seems to be the cycle. You work long days and 1 break, back breaking work till you are gassed out and replace you for a fresh new employee. Yes the benefits and pay is great but not worth it in my opinion. Alot of people injured their back working their, if the company really cared about its employees it would work with them to stay long term and not give up on them for "lack of performance" glad i Ieft and started and actual trade career and never looked back. If you like the pay and work like a robot and 25 managers watching your every move and judging you knock yourself out.
Pros
Pay, pto
Cons
1 lunch break, schedule, managers, boring
Great Job
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GADecember 25, 2018
Uline likes to take care of their employees and they show it by giving away lots of bonuses, Its structured almost like the Military so they like to keep everything fast paced and precise. as long as you can keep up its filled with opportunities
Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 17, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits
You work Monday through Friday
Great company to grow in with plenty of advancement opportunities
Very competitive environment
eh
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 7, 2018
horrible management, impossible work/home life with hours, overall horrible place to work for. don't get paid enough for the tough environment and lack of leadership
benefits
Cons
everything
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 3, 2018
Know the operations well. Enjoyed working with leadership in my career development. Made sure I was being challenged in my role. Provided everything I needed to excel.
Benefits to Compensate for Elitist & Archaic Culture
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 27, 2018
The information provided in this review pertains primarily to the Customer Service Department at the Kenosha, WI (formerly Waukegan, IL) branch; while the overarching themes are the same throughout the company, other branches or departments may have different offerings and policies.

BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
• Optional 401(k) with up to 5% match; immediately vested
• Diverse healthcare options for medical, dental, and vision insurance (including HMO and PPO, and multiple plan offerings); stipend if medical insurance through the company is waived
• Voluntary Accident Insurance
• Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
• Optional FSA
• Employee Assistance Program
• Basic AD&D Insurance (at employer's cost) and optional Additional AD&D Insurance (at employee's cost)
• Annual Performance Bonus
• Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus
• Annual Holiday Gift
• Tuition Assistance Program for employees and college scholarship opportunities for children of employees
• 128 hours of Paid Time Off; additional days earned with tenure
• Optional overtime
• 8 Paid Holidays (including New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas)

CULTURE
• Uline harbors an archaic dress code in which women are required to wear dresses or skirts throughout the year and pantyhose for 6 of those months; slacks are only permitted on Fridays (aka "Fancy Pants Friday") and weekends, or if being worn as a pantsuit during weekdays (i.e., slacks with matching blazer). Men are required to wear slacks, dress shirts, and ties on weekdays; on Fridays
  more... and weekends they may wear polo-shirts or no tie.
• Employees are heavily micromanaged, even when they are tenured or extremely skilled within their role.
• Advancement opportunities are minimal, and are often subject to "who you know" rather than your capabilities and qualifications.
• Vocalization of opinions - even when requested - is frowned upon; employees are expected to assimilate or risk being reprimanded and/or ostracized.

SCHEDULING
• Most shifts are 8.5 hours (i.e., 8:30am - 5:00pm) and include a 1-hour lunch period (30 minutes paid, 30 minutes unpaid).
• Full-time employees are required to work a minimum of 38 hours per week; at least 5 hours must be worked per shift unless using PTO.
• Employees are not permitted to trade shifts with one another unless approved by management.
• Employees are assigned predetermined schedules (including their lunch hour) which vary day-to-day.
Pros
401(k), Healthcare, Fsa, Eap, Ad&d, Bonuses, Ot, Pto, Paid Holidays, Tuition Assistance
Cons
Dress Code, Culture
Professional and high quality
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2018
I love working here. I come to work happily because it is not just a job, it is career. I enjoy working for uline, I cant be any happier and I wish the best to the company so we all can keep our jobs.
micromanaged
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 27, 2018
too much focus on metrics and follow ups always had inconsistent feedback. less of a culture but more of a cult. "feedback" on other reps is encouraged but that creates a negative environment.
Great family owned company.
Will Call Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 14, 2018
If you work hard, Uline will take care of you. Great year end bonus programs. The company does a great job of taking care of its employees. Tough hours for families though.
Great People, Terrible Managers
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 10, 2018
This company is absolutely wonderful to their employees. They have events year round for them, including a turkey fry, holiday party, six flags, etc. They offer discounts on their merchandise (at cost), discounted tickets/season passes to six flags, they give out gift cards for solid performance, profit sharing bonuses, performance bonuses, everything. They treat them very well.

Management however, does not. For example, management follows employees into restrooms to ensure that "they don't take too long" even though when approached by them they will only tell you that they just wanted to make sure everything was ok...Like I'm fine but can I just go #2? The management here will also drive around on golf carts telling everyone that they need to work harder and keep at it but they will RARELY hop onto equipment and help out. Take it for what it is I suppose.
Pros
Bonus structures, Perks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight