Uline

Uline Employee Reviews

United States470 reviews

Fun and positive work environment

Featured review

Uline selected this as a representative review
This company is an awesome place to work. The people truly do care about one another and it's my family away from home. There is constant support, trainings, and opportunities for advancement. They put you through the ringer when getting hired, but I believe that they do it to make sure they find the best people for the job.

Official response from Uline

March 2, 2020
We are excited to hear that you have enjoyed your time at Uline! We are very proud of the people we hire and the opportunities we offer our employees. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Terrible Life balance

If you are looking for money and employee appreciation this is the company for you, overtime on the other hand are insane. Also the shifts day have will restrict you from doing anything productive outside work

Uline insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

It was alright.

Contracted by a temp company as a loader and honestly for the level of work I put in every day the pay was not enough. I was making just over $500/week, and I worked my butt off filling their trailers, organizing them as well as possible and doing anything else they asked and it was not worth it. Attendance policy is very strict, management seems to care more about you being there every day even if you don't feel well.

Good Pay

It is a job. Like anywhere else you have your good parts and your bad parts. My coworkers are great. Your experience will depend largely on your manager.

Good Culture/Perks.

Pros:-Amazing Food-4 day paid training of the company-Advances available lateral and forward movement-On site fitness training/gyms-Great culture/friendly-Intense training -Walking trailsCons:-Professional Dress-In person everyday-Extensive Interview Process/Long

No sense of urgency. It gets done when it gets done mentality

Training could be improved. They move you around too much so you never really get acclimated to a certain department. When in role finally, they tell you immediately not to come on too strong with the team so they take the air out from under you as soon as you step in the door.

alot of OT but all about metrics

really good pay for a warehouse job but you'll never be good enough in managements eyes. All they care about are metrics. The company as a whole tries their best to satisfy their employees which is good but you do the SAME thing EVERYDAY

Great for money everything else is terrible

They lie about what shifts are available( currently stuck on third)Management only helps the ones who complain but never the hard workers Constantly giving new hires more money than the people with more experience or length of service Time off is a joke No work life balance

Much is required yet much is given

Hard work is noted and rewarded. Management style is micromanaging everything. Compensation is strong (somewhat negotiable). They are traditional/formal in dress code. People are very professional, polished and detail-oriented. They only hire top-tier talent and promote strong candidates. This is a great company if you are loyal to them; great job security for sure. They are growing and are financially strong. If you like doing things your way (without being open to feedback, typically cut corners or have a lazy work ethic) don't apply. If you are reliable, diligent, and embody common sense, apply at Uline.jobs!

Toxic culture and no growth opportunities

There's a total lack of good management and recognition for achievement. The work environment is stressful, lacks any flexibility, and the managers are more concerned about how they look with their managers than the employees that work for them.

Pros

Facility, lunch, pay

Cons

Lack of holidays, PTO is light, Culture is toxic.

Good place to work, great co workers, awesome managers, fun environment, one hour lunches, lots of overtime, room for advancement, great benefits, and lots of perks.

Pros

Tacos

Cons

No tacos

Great Pay for Internship

This internship is intense and looks great on a resume. You really learn a lot and it helps to prepare for a full-time sales role. Be prepared to do a lot of calling to schedule appointments. My only complaint is that the internship was very micromanaging but for good reason. Great company.

Pros

Free lunches, Skill building

Cons

micromanaging, strict dress code

An excellent company to build a strong career.

Working at Uline has allowed me to be part of a growing company who focuses on constant improvement. We keep the basics in mind..get back to the customer quickly and get their order shipped the same day. We make a difference by helping other companies meet their promises to their customers. The best thin about working a Uline is that people can grow and thrive at Uline when they focus on the customer. I work hard and am rewarded for that work. You can have a rewarding career at Uline..

Not happy

No work/life balance. Under constant stress, even my kids can see I'm overstressed and wish I had a different job. Leads only provide negative feedback. Some leads are great, but are overshadowed by the bad. Only positive is the pay/bonuses.

Fun workplace

Fun leadership Creative great opportunity educational activities good pay flexible hours professional experience and work hours l, good people biweekly

Horrible Employer / Steer Clear

Poor management all around. They hire people just to brainwash them with the high pay rate and bonuses. (ONLY good thing about working for the “U”). Modern day version of a slavecamp,consistently overworking their employees and treating them like animals. They actually call their staff “bodies”and constantly berate them and write them up for trivial reasons. Seniority and experience mean nothing, you are replaceable at the drop of a hat. “Family” run business driven by corporate greed.

Good benefits and great bonus at the end of the year

Uline is one of the cleanest Warehouses you will ever work for. Good pay, benefits, and bonuses. Employees are very friendly and fun to work with. Managers were fairly young with barley any experience. Most of them would just be coming out of college. It sometimes would feel like they were your buddies and not your Boss. When asking them about basic information a lot times they didn't know the answers. The Leads/Mangers would always bring up about that there isn't enough communication with other coworkers. But sadly I disagree it generally was the other way around. The Managers/Leads generally were clueless or with held information until the day of an event or with updated information. A lot of times I would have to ask around to get updates. A lot of people would say Uline is to demanding and everything has to be done Uline's way. I was the few that actually was okay with it. Sometimes, it would be annoying but it did help me on becoming a better worker. And I will defiantly take the knowledge I learned at Uline and apply it to future jobs. Uline isn't a bad place to work. Just be ready for a lot of rules, procedures, and long hours. Sometimes, it's worth it because the employees get a nice Bonus at the end of the year. Thank you Uline for the knowledge, experience, benefits, and giving me the chance to work for you.

Good pay for hard work

Fast pace environment, expect to be moving all day. Growth can be slow but starting pay is well above average but the opportunity is there. Appreciation for the employees is well documented as long as you want to be there.

Pros

Compensation; pay and benefits

Cons

OT hours/days can become mandatory due to outside issues.

Great company culture

I enjoyed working at Uline. When they say the customer is always right, they mean it. They do their best to keep a positive work environment.The only con I have is that you are micromanaged to the core. Is all about metrics, but I guess that’s why they run a successful business

Great pay and benefits, inflexible scheduling

Pros: Competitive Pay Profit sharing bonus Benefits Great coworkers and team leads Provides excellent customer service Cons: No sick days, have to use PTO for everything Marked unexcused if you call out sick for 2 or more consecutive days Only gives you 3 paid days off for Covid Strict dress code, women have to wear pantyhose half the year and all tattoos must be covered No work from home allowed Impossible to get hired into non customer service related departments

Good money but it can be stressful.

Good money but it is stressful. The benefits are amazing and the end of year bonus is probably enough motivation to want to stay, great pay and benefits but really stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight