Ulster BOCES Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
NETWORK SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYDecember 3, 2017
A Great Organization with professional staff working within a four County school district region. Management is professional, workforce is skilled and prepared. The work is supporting school districts in a four county region
Fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYJuly 20, 2017
Ulster Boces is a fun relaxing place to work the people there are like family and they treat you like one of their own, they give you the time you need to do the things you need to do.
Great job, but no room to advance.
Adult Literacy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYJuly 6, 2017
The job and the company are both great, but there is little room for advancement. Once you are in the system and start teaching it is wonderful to be able to help people, but you are essentially stuck where you are.
Pros
Superb work life balance and team environment
Cons
No "promotions."
Learning Experience
Culinary Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYAugust 29, 2016
BOCES is where it all began, I learned so much about the basic of Culinary and Baking. It was a lot of fun and helped me realize what I really wanted as in a career path, even though when I was at BOCES I wanted to go into art decorating and even though I was actually good at it. I fell in love with plating desserts and the fast pace of the restaurant atmosphere.
Summer School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Paltz, NYApril 20, 2014
This was an over crowded, poorly organized program that did little to help students who really needed it
fun workplace
painter (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 4, 2014
it was a very good job ,it was fun and interacting with others where cool, the staff were cool and especially my instructor
Pros
pizza on fridays
Cons
nothing bad really
Slow paced enviorment
Security and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYDecember 27, 2013
I was in charge of a low volume phone bank and expected to maintain site security. This included making sure that rules were enforced and if their was an emergency the appropriate actions were taken.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Too few hours
Most Rewarding Experience of my life
Film Class Instructor/Artist in Residence (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2013
This was one of if not the most challenging yet rewarding opportunities of my life. I was working with a student population that were faced with many challenges, however, together we used those challenges to create a film that truly represented their collective experience.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
was only for one semester
Inconsistencies
Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJanuary 20, 2012
The work culture at the organization varies greatly depending on the manager. One department can be supportive and nuturing of their employees and another is brutally cold.

The pay gap between certificated staffers (teachers, administrators) and non-certificated staffers is cavernous.
Pros
health benefits are stellar
Cons
upper management is not responsive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulster BOCES. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3