Ulta Beauty - Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 21, 2019
Fun place to work if you like make up . No problems , management was cool, the people were cool and friendly. But the store wasn’t getting customers .
Pros
Gratitudes, play with make up, get products first
Cons
Management drama
Very upbeat ,fast paced environment
MSC manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 18, 2019
I loved working for Ulta , the best thing about the job is that your opinion matters to the whole company and the team . Everyone listens to your stories and ideas to make the company better. Were always don to try new things with the store. fun ,bubbly employees , everyone showed up to their shifts on time all the time .
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Decent income able to save money
Arch Expert/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJApril 1, 2019
Management is flakey and offers claims to support you in your role but when it comes down to it, it is consistently every man for himself. Condescending or just plain incompetent management, you can make decent money if you aren’t living alone or have a second income but there is not much growth opportunity beyond this. Management is very too faced will say one thing to you but another later on. The only way to get by is to work hard and focus on yourself and your position.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
People
Great training and support
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 15, 2019
Always a new beauty product coming in on a daily basis. In stock most of the time. Great training on all new products as well as excellent customer teaching of product. Excellent management, promotions come easily with hard work and dedication.
Pros
great staff and manager
Cons
pay
great company not for artist
Salon Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2019
company as a whole has goals and growth opportunities, but does not allow for artist growth for stylists without a corporate approval.
Typical work day looks like caring for clients while stocking shelves on the slow time and assisting clients needs on the sales floor.
Wonderful place to work
Premier Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCMarch 7, 2019
I was holiday seasonal worker..loved this job.Very supportive Management and opportunities to learn..over 58,000 products.Wonderful setting.Great Employee Discount.
Pros
Product promotions
Fun work place
Brow Bar Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 2, 2019
Great place to work and meet awesome customers. Love having the opportunity to play and learn about the different cosmetic lines. I work with a great group of people as well.
workplace culture
Eyebrow Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 3, 2019
High turn over rate, felt as if my position was in jeopardy everyday. I enjoyed the clientele. Management did not work with school schedule due to be number one performer 16 months straight.
Pros
my clients
Cons
working for ulta and not necessarily benefit
Great place to work but when it slows down the hrs get cut
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2018
It's a slow environment but when it picks up the hours pick up but when it slows so does the hours. But great people to be around. Great supervisors they are all really nice no attitudes..
Pros
Breaks were four hours in
Cons
Two 30 min breaks
Ulta is a fun job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Superior, CODecember 11, 2018
I like working at Ulta, you work with lots of females but most days are fun i really enjoy the discount I get on anything in the store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good for anyone who loves customers, cleaning, and stocking!
Truck Team Member (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNNovember 25, 2018
The hardest part of this job, only because I was apart of truck team , was probably getting used to being at work by 6 AM on weekends. The best part was probably how much teamwork was included, and I love organization so that was a plus part of the job. Management was very helpful. They always tried their best to keep your best interest at heart 24/7.
Pros
Great job to have through out school!
Cons
No health insurance plan.
Fun
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 22, 2018
It was fun learning about the different makeup lines and helping the customers. The training was good too. It always helped us with the trends during each season.
Love Benefit
Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXNovember 12, 2018
Benefit cosmetics is such a fun brand to work with, Ulta is a little frustrating though. Sone days are great and busy but other days you feel like you're wasting your time.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Bad pay
Recommend to any cosmetology or esthetician
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 24, 2018
Loved my job. Everyone was super friendly and the management was amazing. There wasn’t hardly anything that we couldn’t work out as a team. It’s a sisterhood and family environment
Fun if you love hair and make up
Master Stylist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 18, 2018
Work good with kids schedule.
Hair and make up pluse.
Drive sales
Lots of rules some dont apply to everyone !!!!
Worked here 17 years
Hairdressing hard on your body
Pros
Make up hair
Cons
Press really hard to make sales.seasonal clients crazy in winter
Was great
Designer (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 16, 2018
Pervious manager was absolutely amazing, new manager is not trustworthy. Other than that I loved everything about Ulta! Great feel, but high turnover.
Good start, but looking for more
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 3, 2018
Loved working for Ulta, but mostly for the discounts. Was offered full time but with no pay raise, which did not make it worth it for me. I’ve worked there for 2 years and I’m just looking for something new, fresh and exciting. As much as I love all my coworkers & managers, I need to expand my horizons and look into other jobs with better opportunities.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of benefits
I was a salon manager for Ulta in Texas for 3 years at 2 different locations and love it.
Salon Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 29, 2018
I loved working with Ulta, we are like a family, every one is treated fairly, all get along well, we are a "Team" i just moved to California and transferred my license and going back to work at Ulta Beauty in california and looking forward to it and hope to relocate to management one day to a opening soon store. Come join us!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Dental
A good job to learn about makeup
Prestige Make up Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Working at Ulta is a great starting point for those who are passionate about the makeup industry. But it is still a retail job, and I feel if you're someone who's looking to specialize in just makeup, you will be a little left out. I enjoyed working at Ulta, but was uncomfortable with how competitive it was when it came to sales--it came to the point where sales reps from varying makeup brands would take offense if a customer didn't choose their product. As a Prestige Makeup adviser, I just worked for Ulta and no specific brand, so I felt pressured when telling a customer which brand to go to, versus just giving my honest opinion, based on my years of training and experience. Besides that, I did enjoy working there.
Pros
working with makeup, doing makeovers and seeing smiles on customers face when I taught them about makeup
Cons
competitive sales reps, long hours even after shift was scheduled to end
Familiar
Asistente de Oficina (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 14, 2018
Se trabaja muy cómodo y con muy buen trato es un ambiente familiar

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta Beauty - Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ulta Beauty - Benefit Cosmetics Reviews by Location