Ulta Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,299 reviews matching the search See all 3,305 reviews
Fun place with great people!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIJune 13, 2018
I would go back to this place for my summer job if I could. Everyone was nice and helpful with any questions I had, and no one made me feel dumb for asking. I enjoyed who I worked with and I enjoyed the hours they gave me, and were willing to let me switch my hours for school.
Pros
Occasional gratis, employee recognition.
Cons
Not flexible hours for students
Fun, but It puts you down.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 13, 2018
Loved working here, management is poor and they barely give you hours. You have to sign up people for the rewards program or They will cut more hours. No one ever covers your shift if your sick. The workers were all stuck up and offen put you down or treats you badly, I can't count how many times I came home crying.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Managment, small hours.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 13, 2018
Productive and fun place to work, opportunities for advancement, management team is great in all departments, always willing to help when needed, this position is not really hard it can be very physical but not hard. I enjoy working for Ulta and I would recommend employment at Ulta for anyone looking for employment. Ulta is very dedicated to the employees and customers, they do a lot of volunteer work for the communities also , a very giving company
Pros
Employee appreciation meals, gifts etc, able to keep water bottles on the floor to keep hydrated very nice
Cons
Personally I do dot see any cons with Ulta I would recommend Ulta to anyone
Fun place to work.
Salon Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 12, 2018
I really loved working at ULAT! I adored the people that I got to work with every one was very supportive! I got to learn new things with not only the salon but also with makeup!
Pros
Test products
Simple Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
The workplaces was simple and easy to work for, when you’re on the register and assisting customers from day to day. The management however (at my specific location), was not very organized in my opinion.
Short lived but fun environment
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 12, 2018
It was a temporary position, but I was never trained and when I had questions regarding merchandise or specific questions from customers, management treated me as lesser. It was demoralizing, but when I didn’t have to interact with management, it wasn’t a bad job. Something else that needs further attention: the GWP (gift with purchase) inventory and schedule with correlating products was incredibly disorganised and we were out of stock on most freebies.
Pros
Get to talk about makeup all day, employee discount, easy work
Cons
I never got a break, management lacked scheduling communication
It was a learning experience
cosmetic and skin care sales person (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 12, 2018
If I could put in 40 hours a week and be able to leave by 5:00 pm it would be the perfect job for me.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and also the work I did.
Being able to make others happy and feel well about themselves was rewarding to me.
ulta salon
staff (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 12, 2018
The staff picks on you and management is very rude. Not all Ulta locations are bad but my location at arrowhead sure was. I was given false promises and it feels like high school all over again.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
literally everything else.
Ehhh
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2018
There were some things I really really loved about working at Ulta; I loved learning more about makeup techniques, new products coming out, discounts on makeup and services, helping customers find the one product they're going to love... but it wasn't enough to make me stay. I was told I would advance quickly, and I never did. My pay stayed at $8.50 the whole time, I can't support myself on that and they knew it. They refused to give me more hours but hired new Beauty Advisors all the time. Management made work your life, I was always scheduled for times I couldn't work and they prioritized me working over me being happy and healthy. Once I was behind the register, I started getting dizzy and my vision started spotting, when I told my manager at the SLC location that I was going to sit down for a few minutes I was sworn at and told "just go get a drink of water if you need it so bad and get back here!" I have no respect for work places that value labor over the wellbeing of their employees. If you like a corporate work culture this may be the place for you, but it certainly wasn't for me.
Pros
employee discounts, opportunity to learn
Cons
short breaks, high stress environment, very corporate
Alot of work low pay
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 11, 2018
If the right staff is in charge then it can be an okay to have a part time job. It doesnt pay very much for the work. Long hours in the am and at night
Pros
Free makeup at time
Cons
Bad management. Low pay
fun culture to work life balance is hard
Prestige Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
if u you become a fully committed employee it hard to have a work life balance and theres not a lot of room for growth unless u build good relationships with higher ups i personally love it there my customers are great and i always have a good time with my co workers
High Energy Fast paced
Retail Pick Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 11, 2018
its a good place to work. A typical day consist of a 6am start time going to a startup meeting and getting your work assignment from our supervisor.We get a paid lunch and out the door by 4pm.
Pros
four day work week
Cons
Mandatory overtime starts at 4am
fun and friendly working shifts
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 11, 2018
-surprisingly very friendly staff
-always will to help other worker and costumers
-flexible work hours
-a great learning environment
-able to move up at this work place
Pros
great employee benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Never again as a temp
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2018
If you are a temp they will try to work you to death . No off days really and long hours. Mangement though Randstad is rude . If seeking this job go though the comapany it may be better.
Pros
Free lunch and vto
Ns
Prestige Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2018
The working at alto was different from my previous time before the GM was brand new the staff is brand new so it’s really hard to see where things are going nobody really knew what they were doing so if there was a chance for the team to get trained by those in the area the right way I’m sure that the kick off of the new store would’ve been different and things would’ve been run more smoothly
Fun and flexible hours
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 9, 2018
Working for Ulta is a delight because the typical day work day involves OPs work and stock, sometimes cashier and management helps maintain work-life balance.
Fun workplace
Beauty Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MAJune 9, 2018
I personally love working at ULTA. Sometimes it gets catty but mainly it is not stressful and little drama. Only con is the stress they put on gaining customer loyalty/member sign ups. As long as you know what you are talking about product wise, customers/clientele are great to work with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Loyalty stress
Great training, love the the guru training. Fun enviroment
Salon Manager/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 9, 2018
Great training was provided. Fun environment. There is endless amounts of opportunities to grow and enhance your career field with in the company. Clear and direct expectations.
a good stepping stone
Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 9, 2018
it was an overall good environment. i enjoyed working most days. my location was picky with scheduling so just be mindful of that, the discount was nice.
Pros
discount, learn about newest beauty trends
Cons
lack of flexibility, management wasn't always the most professional
Worst job ever
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 8, 2018
I would never recommend working at ulta. The management is awful. The company is awful. They’ll tell you you’ll be in prestige but you won’t ever be there.
Pros
Discounted makeup
Cons
Everything else