Ulta Employee Reviews

Ulta
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 21, 2018
Only Hires part time with minimum wages with the promise of full and does not fallow through with guide lines , Promise more pay yet keeps you at part time pay. Employees are allowed to acquire your clients that you had built and makes harder for that employee to build.
Pros
Very friendly people to work for
Cons
changes in the work ethics
workplace
Lafayette, La - Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 21, 2018
It's an all around great company, management is great, co workers great. hours are flexible, a lot of learning opportunities within different different makeup areas.
Scheduled Hours
PRESTIGE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 20, 2018
Hours were based on sales, so if you are looking for a full time job this is not the place work. In other words, if sales are down and you are scheduled 30 hours that week, they will cut your scheduled hours back at least 5-10 hours that week. But if sales are doing well you will get more hours. Overall, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked with.
Pros
Great employee discounts, on both the sales and salon sides
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Productive and fun work place
Task Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work was quick paced. There were many tasks to do, but that was the most enjoyable part of the job. The workplace environment was fun and productive.
Cons
Short breaks
Easy going jobplace.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  VAMay 19, 2018
Not a very stressful job. Cashiering one minute, but matching a guest with makeup the next. Coworkers and management are friendly. I've worked there long enough to get to know everyone, get to know how the store runs, and it is a good place to work.
Some room for advancement, Poor management
LANCÔME BOUTIQUE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2018
This review is not based on the company as a whole. Plenty of the locations are fabulous. My location unfortunately was not. We had 4-5 managers on and off, and most of them were incredible leaders. With that being said, the direct supervisor of my location was a cold woman who did not care about the wellness of her employees, all she cared about was making her store money. She was very rude and would single certain employees out, resulting in an extremely high turnover rate and a very tense and fearful environment. Working as a Specialty Beauty Adviser means you work for Ulta and another company such as Lancome or MAC, which can cause some serious communication issues with your bosses and the partnering companies. As a whole I just wish that HR would be more cautious of hiring toxic leaders, and listening to the cries of their employees.
Pros
Continued Training
Cons
Not openly given the option to use available PTO or sick time, poor management, lack of proper communication
Servicing guest with their beauty needs
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 18, 2018
Customer servicing guest
Demonstrating the products
Explaining the products
Helping and assisting the guest on choosing the right product
Training the guest on how to use the product
fun place to work
Sales Lead / Salon Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 18, 2018
restocking/ unloading inventory
opening up registers and getting them online for the day
begin answering phone calls when needed
simultaneously keeping a headset on to be able to respond to anyone questions other other have throughout the day.
answering questions for customers about products
helping the salon when needed
booking appointments
calling companies for product information for hair formulas
consulting with clients
Pros
discount on products
Cons
short breaks, not paid adequately
Ulta provides various opportunities for upward mobility
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 18, 2018
Ulta provides" All Things Beauty-all in one place"

. As a company, Ulta invests ongoing training for all level of management. Ulta as the company is supportive through any tragedies.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
na
Fun workplace, poor compensation
Prestige Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 18, 2018
Working for Ulta was a fun environment, with great individuals unfortunately I had to step away from the company due to poor compensation. Was able to network with different vendors and make new connections!
Fun place to work and friendly people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 18, 2018
I loved working at ulta. It was laid back, hours were awesome, pay was good, and everyone was so friendly and caring. Also, the benefits they provide have been the best I’ve ever received.
Fun upbeat but no benefits
Gadsden Al - Merchandise Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 18, 2018
Love love love the company but the pay isnt enough and no benefits are given to one of the managment positions. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the constant changes within the compay.
Small Company Gone Big
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 17, 2018
WOnderful company... as they grew more politics became apparent in promotion. I do not wish to write this review and am really annoyed that it making this field mandatory to move on. Enjoyed my time with the company was looking for a change and less work pressure and more balalnce
Fun to work with other girls that have similar personalities
Salon Stylist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 17, 2018
Typical day at work was checking in with the manager as soon as you get there and go over your goals for the day. I had a great time doing hair and meeting new people. I needed more financial consistency.
enjoyable atmosphere with all around quality
Lead Beauty Associate (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX; Hagerstown, MDMay 17, 2018
Ulta is a very relaxed and enjoyable place of work. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is never a time in which you are not doing anything as there is always something that needs to be done. Ulta is also a company that loves to hire within and award promotions to those deserving.
Great place, small stressors
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 17, 2018
I love working here, the customers are usually pleasant and the management teams are great. One big con is only having your schedule a week prior, it makes it difficult to make any plans tat far ahead of time. It's also difficult when some guests are rude and act out, but that's with any job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fair treatment, kind guests
Cons
Inconsistency, short notice on schedule
The Hardest Part of the Job
SALON GUEST COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2018
The hardest part of the job is being able to multi-task different things at one time. I love the job, but I am just ready to move on and find something new.
District turnover was high due to upper management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 17, 2018
Loved the people I worked with. Upper management was not supportive and very unprofessional. Had many GM's and other employees leave because of DM. Never experienced this in my 14 years of retail.
Pros
GMC was inspiring. Supportive peers and I loved my team.
Cons
upper management
Fun place to work with awesome managers
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
I loved working at Ulta . They were always willing to work with my schedule and all the employees I got along with well. the location was a great place right outside the mall.
Pros
great store hours
Productive company to work for and learn
Retail Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
Many operations to be performed. great benefits. Weekly merchandising execution. Receing and stockroom tasks performed on a daily basis. Can be a bit chaotic at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight