Play YouTube video button

Ultimate Medical Academy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced, ever evolving and creative environment
Senior Manager, Faculty Affairs (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
Stress levels are high due to demanding workloads and evolving requirements. Growing enrollment and ever-changing processes.
Culture is nurturing and collaborative. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaborative and supportive culture from management through to department operations. A typical day at work involves a load of paperwork that needs to be cataloged, recorded and filed in accordance with accreditor's guidelines.
Pros
Excellent benefits, especially for time off
Cons
High stress due to evolving work requirements and processes.
Productive and fun work place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2018
Productive but fun environment, not micromanaged which I feel a combination of the two allows for a more enjoyable experience. The hardest part of the job is not losing focus on the work because of the environment.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Monthly Quota
Very Organized
Online Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
This organizatrion was very organization and used a cut and paste model for the learning material. Great work life balance. There was always more than enough support.
Operations related (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2018
Great company in many ways, ask questions during the interview and learn learn learn. As in all companies, every department can be different and all offer a unique opportunities.
Great place to get your foot in the door teaching online
Online Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2018
Lots of resources for new instructors, good training program. Lots of rotating management so hard to keep track of that and not sure if you will get assigned a class the next start but otherwise good place to teach.
Fun and fast pace
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2018
I love working here. The environment, the diversity, and the way they treat their employees is unmatched. Never had a fun where I get to excel and have fun doing it.
Good School
Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2018
This was a learning experience to complete my Medical Assistant degree. I had to work with patience with various illness. This was a great place to learn with many opportunities.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No pay
Better Management
ADMISSIONS REP (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2018
Could've done better with the DOA selection, picking favorites and chooses who has more freedom, the harassment issue is sometime unbelievable and there not privacy when talking to management about other managers or issues.
Busy place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2018
UMA was a good company and they loved all their employees. Always had fun food everyone and made sure we were taken care of. We had fun team meetings and huddles and always were positive
Has perks to ease you from typical quota based call center
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2018
Essentially you are told up front what it takes to do the job, they are real however your integrity is one to put on hold at the door. where as the purpose is helping each and every student that might not necessarily be the case, the company has to thrive, right? well yes it does, if youre ready to be told what to do and have no self autonomy. If you can meet the demands and quota that are just set in place for numbers purposes then you got this
A very fun place
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I met a lot of really fun people to be around and they were very pro-family. They wanted you to feel comfortable being there
Pros
Very fun
Cons
Very loud
Most unprofessional and worst place I have ever worked
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2018
Managers were unprofessional. Morning meetings were supposed to be inspirational, instead, threaten us if we did not meet out metrics that there were 60 people training that are ready to take our place. Wrote me up because I went to the bathroom. Constantly moved us from team to team.
favoritism. the people that got promoted were friends with upper management. While you were on the phone with a doctor I had someone come by and bang his cane on my desk in the middle of a phone call for no reason at all.
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the classless people and management team which had no business being a manager of people.
Pros
Cons
horrible mananagement in all levels they treat you like you are less than human
Stressful
Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2018
Their expectations were unreasonable. They didn't set their employees up for success. Their time frames made no sense. They have you make promises to students about getting them employed as soon as they graduate. Not an easy task but they expected you to place them immediately.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Expectations
Terrible place to work
Admissions Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
this loction is virtually impossible to work How quotas that are very impossible to reach. People go in like a revoving door. They have a new orientation class of 20 or more to replace those they let go the week before
Great stepping stone but turnover is ridiculous
Alumni Career Specialist/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2018
Large company so you gain experience with exposure to people in masses
Turnover was absolutely insane and they did not make the employee feel valued or worthy
Management was like a clique; it was very hard to break in
Do not promote from within; you're better off quitting and reapplying to obtain a promotion
You were micromanaged the entire time.
Good Job
Re-Entry Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2018
good place to work people looked out for each other, but with most business it was politics included. The management was good most of them i worked with, my supervisor was great nothing but kudos to him
Pros
Pay, Benefits, perks
Cons
Healthcare was a bit pricey
Good if you're looking for something short term
Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2018
Working here was actually pretty cool. They gave you 2 weeks of training but I think they should improve that. The one problem that I had with this job is the amount of stress and pressure it takes to secure a permanent position here. In order to stay permanent, you have to get 15 students to enroll and participate in their classes. I had 8 but they still didn't want to work with me. I even asked is there a way I can get help to improve my skills but to no avail. The pay is really good and they have a game room with arcade games.
Pros
Food trucks, pay, schedule
Cons
Enrollment quota that you have to meet within 3 months.
Productive, competitive and FUN place to work
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2018
I absolutely love it here! This is the best company that I have ever worked for. The people are great, management is great and working daily to help people get in school and make a change in their life was gratifying. I would recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Just a great fun place to work
Cons
Can be stressful at times but that's just how admissions is.
Good for entry level
Associate Project Manager - Virtual (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2018
For many of the roles available, education or previous work experience is not relevant. Most of the positions are for sales (or 'student enrollment'). If you are able to find something outside of this realm, this may be a great opportunity for someone.
The WORSE place to work!
Career Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2018
The ONLY thing good is the pay!
Management is terrible... they aren't satisfied unless you're bleeding! The stress isn't worth the money you make!
Pros
Pay
Cons
No compassion, Heartless, & cold
Official response from Ultimate Medical Academy
May 14, 2018

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We are an institution that is committed to continuous improvement and consider feedback from our more than 2,000 employees essential to continue to grow and develop.

We work hard to live our value to Commit to Employee Success by building long term professional relationships with those who work in Career Services by being transparent in the expectations of all new and existing team members. We understand the environment is not for everyone, so we reiterate those expectations throughout Career Service Advisor (CSA) interviews, onboarding, training, and daily work in the student support center.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Medical Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight