Play YouTube video button

Ultimate Medical Academy Employee Reviews

Favoritism is the only way you will keep this job
CSA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE! This job is a JOKE. You train for three weeks, and they will amp you up and promise you the world, but when you enter into your position, you're working with the most illiterate and ignorant graduates on the planet. Most of them do not even speak proper English ( slang ), do not know how to properly dress themselves, and the majority of them do not have transportation. UMA does not care about their students, they only care about their "placements" which is when a graduate gets a job and stays for 15 days. After that, they can care less about their future or career. These poor students think they're going to college and getting a degree, but these positions rarely pay over minimum wage. So sad. If your manager does not like you, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR JOB regardless of your work performance. At my time of employment there, we had a guy removed from the building by law enforcement, and was offered his position back after that. What kind of standards does a company have if they're willing to take back an employee that was physically removed from the property? WOW. Complete disaster in every single aspect.
Pros
Cons
Management, Trainers, staff, Hr, no values.
Fun place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
The environment was a fun place to work with lots of opportunities to advance. Every holiday was fun and the teams were great to work with cross departmentally!
Fast paced environment focused on providing a high level of student support
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2018
Not a job for everyone. This is a fast paced culture that rewards hard work and performance. Employees live the company mission. Feels very much like a start-up.
Pros
Opportunity to be well compensated for hard work
Cons
Nothing different than any other call center
It was just a job...
Career Services/Placement Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2018
Very competitive work environment. Almost like a slave shop for productivity but they recognize you for your efforts. Pay should definitely be better.
Pros
free food to keep you sugar high
Cons
pay was super low
not ran ethically or fair by any means
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2018
Personally, I feel this company could definitely benefit from setting more realistic expectations, especially when initially taking the job and going through on-boarding!
Laid-back environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Olney, ILAugust 14, 2018
This school is great. It provides a relaxed atmosphere that is also challenging. The professors are also always there to provide assistance when needed.
Decent pay with fun company culture
CAREER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
UMA pays its employees well but can be a revolving door if you are in the production side of things. The managers were great for the most part and the strong emphasis on being a part of their company culture was fun and made the job a bit more exciting.
Pros
Connected with your team, Decent pay
Cons
Micromanaged, Call Center Environment
Horrible
Learner Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2018
Avoid this job. It's not worth the stress. it's not worth the pay. It's not worth your time. It is disorganized and the turnover rate is so high, it's crazy.
Pros
nothing good about it
Cons
everything

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We know that your position as a Learner Services Advisor can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. UMA is committed to supporting our students in overcoming barriers to complete their education and to pursue careers in healthcare.

All about profit
Not Revealed (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2018
More concerned with making money than educating students. Admit students who are not prepared and collect tuition when there is little chance of students completing program and/or finding employment using their degree.
Pros
Provide opportunities for students who struggled academically. Lots of support.
Cons
Admit students who have little chance of success even with support.
August 8, 2018

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We are committed to achieving our mission to equip and empower students to excel in healthcare careers. As our Executive Chair and Former Governor of Massachusetts Jane Swift said in a news release this week, “Our country is facing a critical challenge providing practical post-secondary education to students who have not previously experienced success in our traditional higher education system. UMA is committed to meeting the needs of these students with innovative online education and wrap-around support services to complete their education and start their careers in healthcare. In doing so, we are also helping to fill the healthcare skills gap.”

My manger was never around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2018
I was interviewed by someone that was supposed to my intial manager. After completing the long 3 week training I get to meet the team I was to work with but she had been missing in action for days.
Pros
Great pay was able to keep up with cost of leaving in my area
Cons
mangment

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We know that your position supporting students can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. We were disappointed to read that your experience fell short of our value to Commit to Employee Success and would like to learn more. Please contact Human Resources or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu.

Productive and fun working environment
Compliance Manager/Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Staff is very energetic and friendly. there are a lot of activities to motivate employees and they do a lot to give back to the community. The only critique is there is a lack of organization. Sometimes overtime hours are required for things that have been done before but were just not documented properly.

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our mission to equip and empower students to excel in healthcare careers. At UMA we strive to live our values to Commit to Employee Success and Have Fun and Build Energy. We are also committed to being good community partners and continuous improvement.

Best wishes for your future.

High turnover rates
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
If you have a bad month enrolling and getting students to start school, you will be terminated. It doesn't matter if you try your hardest. UMA cares about enrolling and starting. You MUST get ADULTS to log in online and do their school work. If they don't or avoid your calls, then UMA will terminate you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
High turnover rate

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. At UMA, we also strive to live our value to Commit to Employee Success. Training, professional development, and career pathing are important components of this commitment.

We encourage you to contact Human Resources or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu. We are an institution that is committed to continuous improvement and consider feedback from our employees essential to our ongoing growth and development. Thank you again for all of your efforts at UMA on behalf of our students.

Dont work here
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2018
If you are an instructor don't work here. They don't care you, only about the students passing the courses and finishing. They don't care if a student has learned the material, just get them passing. They have changed the content in the course to make it easier for students to not submit most work or score low and easily pass the course. You are also required to consistently call/ text/ email them to get them to submit, even though so does their advisor, academic services, and financial aid. I don't know about you but if I got that many calls I would get annoyed. Also not everyone is on the same page, advisers and academic coaching tell the one thing but you as an instructor know that's wrong and work double to help student because of it. Also the instructor pay went down, making all this work not adequently getting paid fairly.
Pros
I don't know of any
Cons
Not organized, low pay, more work, no respect

Dear Employee,

One of our core values is to Act with Integrity. This guides our day-to-day decision making and behavior. As an institution, we are committed to operating in an honest, ethical, and industry-compliant fashion. We are disappointed to read that your experience working at UMA is falling short of our ideals.

We work intentionally to coordinate student communication across departments, as well as to gather information regularly from students and faculty with respect to satisfaction and general feedback. And we regularly act on the input to adjust content, systems, and priorities to respond to and enhance the student and instructor experiences. We would like to learn more about your concerns and encourage you to talk to your supervisor, Human Resources, or to contact me at social@ultimatemedical.edu

UMA takes great pride in providing access to a wide range of post-secondary students interested in pursuing careers in the growing healthcare field. At UMA, we believe in Championing Student Outcomes by providing not just access but relevant curriculum, qualified faculty, and a large array of student services matched to student needs.

Not a bad place to work
Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
It's a good place for a person that is straight out of college. It's more of a young life environment. It helps you get on your feet but that is it not something to make long term at all.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
No growth within

Dear Former Employee,

We would like to learn more about your experience at UMA and encourage you contact Human Resources or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu. Thank you again for all of your efforts at UMA on behalf of our students.

Fast paced, ever evolving and creative environment
Senior Manager, Faculty Affairs (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
Stress levels are high due to demanding workloads and evolving requirements. Growing enrollment and ever-changing processes.
Culture is nurturing and collaborative. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaborative and supportive culture from management through to department operations. A typical day at work involves a load of paperwork that needs to be cataloged, recorded and filed in accordance with accreditor's guidelines.
Pros
Excellent benefits, especially for time off
Cons
High stress due to evolving work requirements and processes.

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our values to Champion Student Outcomes and to Pursue Results with Purpose. We are proud of the work we do to make a difference in people’s lives as they pursue higher education and careers in healthcare.

Productive and fun work place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2018
Productive but fun environment, not micromanaged which I feel a combination of the two allows for a more enjoyable experience. The hardest part of the job is not losing focus on the work because of the environment.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Monthly Quota

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. Happy to hear you also liked our culture which embraces Having Fun and Building Energy.

Very Organized
Online Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
This organizatrion was very organization and used a cut and paste model for the learning material. Great work life balance. There was always more than enough support.

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We are proud of the work we do in support of our students, faculty and staff and we live our mission to equip and empower students to excel in healthcare careers.

Operations related (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2018
Great company in many ways, ask questions during the interview and learn learn learn. As in all companies, every department can be different and all offer a unique opportunities.
August 8, 2018

Dear Employee,

Thank you for your advice and encouragement to explore the many opportunities Ultimate Medical Academy provides to our employees. We are proud of more than 2,000 faculty and staff who support our students.
As an institution committed to continuous improvement, we agree, ask questions and share your ideas. That helps us to all learn and grow.

Great place to get your foot in the door teaching online
Online Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2018
Lots of resources for new instructors, good training program. Lots of rotating management so hard to keep track of that and not sure if you will get assigned a class the next start but otherwise good place to teach.

Dear Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We value our instructors and the work they do to help our students complete their programs to prepare them for careers in healthcare.

Fun and fast pace
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2018
I love working here. The environment, the diversity, and the way they treat their employees is unmatched. Never had a fun where I get to excel and have fun doing it.

Dear Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. Happy to hear you are enjoying our culture which embraces Having Fun and Building Energy. Our employees are proud to join you in supporting our students and our alumni across the country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Medical Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight