Play YouTube video button

Ultimate Medical Academy Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work but very cut throat
ONLINE ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2018
This place pays their employees well. They provide a fun atmosphere with a very relaxed vibe. They provide provide benefits and offer some flexibility with scheduling. However, this job is known for its high turnover rate. They will leave you alone as long as you hit your numbers on a consistent basis. If you do not hit your number than they begin the process of booting you out and bringing in the next group of people. Because of this there is a hiring class almost every week to ensure seats are filled.
Pros
relaxed, fun, benefits
Cons
high turnover, little to no coaching, no growth opportunities

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for the work you did in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We know that positions at Ultimate Medical Academy can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. UMA is committed to supporting our students not only in completing their education, but also in obtaining employment in the healthcare field.

As you know, a core value at UMA is to Act with Integrity. Our values also include Commit to Employee Success and Pursue Results with Purpose.
We would appreciate it if you could contact HR or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu to give us more specifics. If you would like to share confidentially, please call our HR Cares hotline at 844-858-1420. As an institution committed to continuous improvement, we recognize that feedback from our students, employees, and former employees is critical for our ongoing development.

Dear Former Employee,

It’s okay but not much room for advancement
Learner Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2018
The company is rewarding because you will help students finish their program and embark in their healthcare career path. The negatives are that you’re constantly micromanaged by multiple managers a day and they grade calls, it’s as though you’re under a microscope all the time.
Pros
Pto, benefits, holidays off
Cons
Micromanagement

Dear Employee,

Thank you for the work you do every day in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. Your outreach and support as a Learner Services Advisor at Ultimate Medical Academy are essential to ensuring that our students complete their programs and achieve their goals to excel in healthcare careers.

As an institution committed to continuous improvement, we would like to learn more about your concerns and also help you create a career advancement plan as part of our value to Commit to Employee Success. Please reach out to your supervisor, HR or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu. If you would like to share confidentially, please call our HR Cares hotline at 844-858-1420.

Dear Employee,

Fast paced, ever evolving and creative environment
Senior Manager, Faculty Affairs (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
Stress levels are high due to demanding workloads and evolving requirements. Growing enrollment and ever-changing processes.
Culture is nurturing and collaborative. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaborative and supportive culture from management through to department operations. A typical day at work involves a load of paperwork that needs to be cataloged, recorded and filed in accordance with accreditor's guidelines.
Pros
Excellent benefits, especially for time off
Cons
High stress due to evolving work requirements and processes.
September 15, 2018

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our values to Champion Student Outcomes and to Pursue Results with Purpose. We are proud of the work we do to make a difference in people’s lives as they pursue higher education and careers in healthcare.

Not worth the stress
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2018
High productivity goals each month. In order to be successful, reps need to work a lot of over time which leads to 7 day work weeks. Reps will be fired if they fail to meet goals. You must maintain a certain number of Enrollments and Starts (students that start class) each quarter or you will be fired. Despite being labeled as "non-profit" this is a FOR PROFIT PRIVATE SCHOOL. The programs are over priced and the credits typically DO NOT transfer to other schools. Meaning students cannot transfer to another school to continue their education for a higher degree. You will be trained to be dishonest with students about this. NOT WORTH THE STRESS AND LACK OF MORALS. They pay well because no one would do the job otherwise.
Cons
No Work/Life Balance, Stressful, Unrealistic Goals, No Job Security, Deceptive Recruiting practices, Dishonest Programs.
Never ever would recommend this scamming caniving establishment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2018
Job is an entire scam all across the board. Falsely misrepresenting what they stand for and what they put out there as the "job requirements" job IS ENTIRELY A SALES JOB but company fails to legally provide that information as the entire backbone of the job! You will be fired if you do not meet criteria of getting students to start class within a metric of 10 or more students in a 90 day temporary probationary period! If this was a "real sales job" where is the bonus or commission compensation? Oh wait this is a non profit education institution serving the "needs" of ignorant low income students ripping them off while having zero regard to actually value who keeps this place in business which is the employees! That actually are the people who make the school 26-28 THOUSAND dollars if a student starts and finishes classes. The cost is completely scamming and ripping people off by also charging a RIDICULOUS amount of money for "room and board" to take classes at home online?????!!!! $8,000+ dollars for that. Now, the employee sees zero reward for it except continuing to have an insecure month to month job after being "permanent" job is beyond stressful and deserves -1 star if I could due to the insane,preposterous, outrageous turnover rate there is as well as the cutthroat,caniving, money hungry sharks of bosses who would rather waste money to rehire and retrain more people than actually allow people to have a legitimate fair shot to grow.
Pros
Good pay but TEMPORARY
Cons
Terrible management, favoritism, misrepresentation, zero employee value, Insane job turnover rate

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your contributions to our Admissions department. We appreciate your feedback and are concerned about your comments reflecting your dissatisfaction with your experience working at UMA.

We would like to learn more about your concerns. Please reach out to someone in HR or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu. If you would like to share confidentially, please call our HR Cares hotline at 844-858-1420.

Keep your mind in the game and you’ll succeed
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2018
A position for those who are self-motivated and driven to succeed. If you are lazy or don’t enjoy talking to people, this is not the job for you. It’s challenging and competitive, but fun if you make it that way.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
High turnover rate
Excellent place to work that lives it's mission
Interview Specialist/ Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2018
You will work hard but the rewards of the mission are good. It's culture of students first is lived out every day. No other place I have worked supports it's students from admissions to career services and all points in between like UMA does

Dear Employee,

Thank you for your review. As you noted, we have a wonderful mission to equip and empower students to excel in healthcare careers. And we live that mission by providing our students with experience that includes individualized student services throughout all phases of the student journey, from admissions to the job search. UMA students have access to academic advising, one-on-one or group tutoring, resume and interview coaching, job search assistance, technical support, and more. We also support alumni in finding new jobs, progressing in their current positions, and enhancing their skills to remain competitive in the job market.

Horrible place to work !!! DO NOT WASTE your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2018
I worked at Uma for 1 year ...hitting my 35 enrollments plus stars every month ....the 19.23$hr is fake due to the fact that your job is on the line everyday day you work there ..if your not a top performer like I was you were immediately thrown to the wolf’s ...if you don’t hit your “budget” you get written up and eventually terminated ....your on a team with 25 people all competing for the top spot ...and then when you reach that top spot making this company thousands on your starts all you get is chic- fil-A ! This job is a joke and most of the managers training you never got an enrollment in there life !!!! You gotta suck up to get some where !!! VERY HIGH TURN OVER RATE no job security
Pros
Money while it last
Cons
Everything else !! Super stressful don’t waste your time

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for the work you did in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We know that your position at Ultimate Medical Academy can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. UMA is committed to supporting our students not only in completing their education, but also in obtaining employment in the healthcare field.

Dear Former Employee,

Productive and fun work place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2018
Productive but fun environment, not micromanaged which I feel a combination of the two allows for a more enjoyable experience. The hardest part of the job is not losing focus on the work because of the environment.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Monthly Quota
August 19, 2018

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. Happy to hear you also liked our culture which embraces Having Fun and Building Energy.

Nothing much to say
Associate Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2019
I leave the past in the past, the experience had a bad ending and I'll leave it at that. I would never recommend anyone for employment. Management was horrible, no room for advancement and the place is driven by politics.
Terrible place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2018
This place is a complete joke. When looking at the job description they don’t tell you that this is basically a temp job with a 90 probationary period. The training is only 2 weeks and very unnecessary as you basically learn new things once you get on the floor. During the interview you chose between two different schedules in which it means nothing because once you land on the floor you are on the same schedule as the rest of your team. During your 90 days you don’t get any benefits and your basically battling your training class to see whose the top 4-5 that’s going to have a job at the end of the 90 days. Plus, you don’t even accrue PTO during your first 90 days. There’s a lot of favoritism, and management doesn’t care about anything but the money. If your looking for a in-between job I would recommend as they have a new hire orientation every 2 weeks and interviews are basically every week. On the other hand if your looking for a serious career stay away from this place.
Pros
Fun, party-like environment
Cons
90 day probation period, No benefits. Management is cut-throat and will fire you if they don’t like you or due to favoritism.
March 10, 2018

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for recommending Ultimate Medical Academy as a place to work if you are looking for an in-between job. It is our hope, that candidates will look at UMA as a place to grow their careers for many years.

Like many employers, UMA has a 90-day probationary period for new employees. That is part of living our value to PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE: We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable.

During the job posting and interview process, we make it very clear that our student support center jobs are full-time temporary to full time and that they are metrics driven. We’ve found that this probationary period and our performance goals help us achieve our vision to be a leader in providing successful career outcomes for our students though a culture of innovation, commitment, and service.

In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UMA are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, UMA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Any employees with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their immediate manager, the Campus Director or Director,  more... or the Human Resources department. Employees can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.  less

Good Job
Re-Entry Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2018
good place to work people looked out for each other, but with most business it was politics included. The management was good most of them i worked with, my supervisor was great nothing but kudos to him
Pros
Pay, Benefits, perks
Cons
Healthcare was a bit pricey
August 19, 2018

Dear Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. Our employees are proud to support our students and our alumni across the country.

Upbeat workplace with intense training.
Alumni Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Very motivating atmosphere. Starts out with very detailed training to help prepare you for the position. Management does give you support to assist in your recruiting. Downside is there is no job security, four out of five employees are terminated at the end of 90 day probation.
Favoritism is the only way you will keep this job
CSA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE! This job is a JOKE. You train for three weeks, and they will amp you up and promise you the world, but when you enter into your position, you're working with the most illiterate and ignorant graduates on the planet. Most of them do not even speak proper English ( slang ), do not know how to properly dress themselves, and the majority of them do not have transportation. UMA does not care about their students, they only care about their "placements" which is when a graduate gets a job and stays for 15 days. After that, they can care less about their future or career. These poor students think they're going to college and getting a degree, but these positions rarely pay over minimum wage. So sad. If your manager does not like you, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR JOB regardless of your work performance. At my time of employment there, we had a guy removed from the building by law enforcement, and was offered his position back after that. What kind of standards does a company have if they're willing to take back an employee that was physically removed from the property? WOW. Complete disaster in every single aspect.
Pros
Cons
Management, Trainers, staff, Hr, no values.
November 6, 2018

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your hard work on behalf of our students. We know that your position as a Career Services Advisor can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. UMA is committed to supporting our students not only in completing their education, but also in obtaining employment in the healthcare field.

As you know, a core value at UMA is to Act with Integrity. This guides our day-to-day decision making and behavior. As an institution, we are committed to operating in an honest, ethical, and industry-compliant fashion. As such, our leaders and employees are fair, trustworthy, and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. This includes having our Compliance Department verify all placements.

At UMA, we also strive to live our value to Commit to Employee Success. Training, professional development, and career pathing are important components of this commitment.

Online Admissions Representative
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2018
First off I am a very professional person with over 23 years of experience of working in an customer service environment including a call center and I have never been asked to leave a job in all my years of working experience. Good hard working people are not given a chance to succeed and improve. It is unfortnuate they do not value that in an employee. At UMA a typical day consists of trying to convince people to get them to enroll in their overly-expensive, "medical academy." I felt horrible every day, and guilty for enrolling these people that you know will NEVER make enough money to pay their student loans or qualify for financial aid. The call center floor is a gossip hub. Even if you stay to yourself, you will still deal with petty drama. People are promoted based on FAVORITISM with no educational background. Anyone can be hired here. Must meet quotas to enroll students. The management gossips more than anyone. Good leads are given to agents based on favoritism. Supervisors are called "Directors" to make the school sound professional, but believe they are anything but Directors, just people who once worked as an advisor. Must be close to one of the female director's, and listen to her gossip, having an unprofessional attitude and lack of trust. There is no job security.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No management support/Lack of trust

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your contributions to our Admissions department. We know that positions at Ultimate Medical Academy can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. We appreciate your feedback and are concerned about your comments reflecting your dissatisfaction with your experience working at UMA.

Dear Former Employee,

A high school, even the managers are childish
Alumni Career Specialist/ Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2018
The culture of the company is great, they have nice events for holidays, nice community things they do that you can participate in. Nice free lunches and pot lucks with teams. You meet some really great people. The pay is as it should be considered the stress associated with the job, that goes for every department of the entire building! The managers are... (I’m just going to leave that there).
Change is inevitable but there is sooooo much change here constantly. Overalll it’s a nice place to work IF you can handle yourself, mind your business and stay focused. Remember, it’s basically a high school it can be a little too much at times as in things that have nothing to do with your work and you can’t avoid it in this place.
Pros
Free lunches, extra pay scale options depending on department
Cons
ill intentions & pettiness from managers of all people

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your work in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We know that your position as a Career Services Advisor can be rewarding as well as challenging at times.

As an institution committed to continuous improvement, we would like to learn more about your concerns. Please reach out to someone in HR or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu. If you would like to share confidentially, please call our HR Cares hotline at 844-858-1420.

A lot of Pressure
Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2018
The advisors have tons of pressure to meet metrics. You have to have get at least 2 interviews a day for graduates. Setting the interviews are easy, its getting the graduates to go to the interviews. When you call them for the interviews, they don't answer the phone. When they do answer, they always have excuses. However the advisor are responsible for the graduates to go. If not you get warnings and eventually termination. Not fair.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Bad Management

Dear Former Employee,

As an institution committed to continuous improvement, we would like to learn more about your concerns. Please reach out to HR or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu. If you would like to share confidentially, please call our HR Cares hotline at 844-858-1420.

UMA Review
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
It was very stressful to work at UMA. You had 2 separate quotas that you had to meet to remain employed. It was a very cutthroat and competitive environment.
Pros
1$ red bull machine
Cons
a lot of infidelity and a lot of politics. no room for advancement

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for the work you did in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We know that positions at Ultimate Medical Academy can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. We appreciate your feedback and are concerned about your comments reflecting your dissatisfaction with your experience working at UMA.

Dear Former Employee,

Good for entry level positions Good pay
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2019
It was a good stepping stone for a career change and I can only speak for myself. It is not a comfortable enough work environment, due to the fact there is no job security.
Do NOT apply
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2018
I am currently working at this company as a LSA and I absolutely DISLIKE coming to work! Every single day. It’s sad that I feel like this due to the stress levels this job causes. I am held accountable for another person LACK of motivation to go to school and bettering their life. When in training this really needs to be advised that is you lose students you will be fired. Simple! So a person can know if this is a job for them. I have a family that I am providing for and walking in everyday PRAYING so and so got into class and did something is not they type of job I want. My kids livelihood is on the line because they don’t care about their education. Then, you have management who completely just don’t care. They don’t care what you do or did or how well the conversation was that you had with them if they are a high LDA they better get into class or you look like you didn’t did your job. I’m sick of it it’s ridiculous every day I’m looking for a new job. I thought I could work this while I finish up nursing school but I cannot! This place is a JOKE and I feel this school it self really needs to be shut down completely! Putting students in debt and the type of lives theyare living they will NEVER be able to pay this type of money back. But who am I? NSA also need to STOP advising new students to login to a new set of classes when the student advise them MULTIPLE times that they want to stop school. Just to not get hit with budget! It’s all a big numbers game here and I need out. I take school very seriously and this school is WASTING EDUCATION FUNDS!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else you can think of

Dear Employee,

Thank you for the work you do every day in support of our value to Champion Student Outcomes. We know that positions at Ultimate Medical Academy can be rewarding as well as challenging at times. Outreach and support by the Learner Services team is essential to ensuring that our students complete their programs and achieve their goals to excel in healthcare careers.

As an institution committed to continuous improvement, we would like to learn more about your concerns. Please reach out to your supervisor, HR or me at social@ultimatemedical.edu. If you would like to share confidentially, please call our HR Cares hotline at 844-858-1420 or submit an HR Cares online report via the HR page on our Scoop intranet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Medical Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight