Ultimate Software
72Above average

Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

United States258 reviews
Working at Ultimate truly is a family experience. They care for their employees and this in turn helps us provide the best service to our customers. Ultimate trusts their employees. I can't think of any other company I would be happy to call "my job", Ultimate is a home and we are treated like family. The benefits are like none I have ever seen at any other company. Upper Management encourages everyone to reach out to them with their concerns anytime and they take your feedback seriously!
This company is an amazing place to work at. Our culture is absolutely priceless, we are a family, we care about each other, our communities and give back every chance we get. My role allows me to work remotely and that gives me the flexibility I need to have a balance between work and my personal life.
Ultimate Software makes it very known that YOU are a part of something special, you are valued and respected for who you are and your opinions as well as ideas matter. I feel inspired and encouraged to be the best version of myself every day, from my peers to leadership, with a constant opportunity to grow and develop professionally and personally.

And who said you can't have fun at work? Not this company, that's for sure! We are encouraged to make sure and take the necessary breaks, touch base with our peers and leadership, we are offered anything from yoga, games to meditation, because this company knows that if the employees feel great, they will do great (if you're in the office, you can play ping pong, Foosball etc). We also have many communities of interest and sports teams you can join.

Did I mention the benefits? 100% employer paid health insurance for you and your family, 401k at a 45% employer match...? No, really! This company takes great care of you and your family and these are just the two benefits I mention from the top of my head...

All in all, I feel very fortunate and proud to work at Ultimate Software and if you get the chance to work here, you will know exactly what I mean and how incredible this company is.

Good luck to all new applicants and
 - more...
I look forward to working with them again. One of the greatest places to work. They had great work atmosphere. They feed you lunch. Which is excellent by the way. Great place to work.
Founders are no longer at the company. They were instrumental in creating a phenomenal environment, which I doubt can be duplicated. Some managers have confidential agendas, undermining ones confidence in their purpose. Significant amount of nepotism exists here so one has to be careful of who you express criticism to.
April 23, 2020
Culture will always remain our top priority. Can you please share more about your experience at feedback@ultimatesoftware.com? Thank you!
Ability to work directly with many different departments and employees across the organization. Challenging environment at times but the company overall is very generous.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I don't think you are going to find benefits as good as what Ultimate offers. I imagine that with the new ownership there will be benefits changes, but I have not seeing any drastic changes yet. The health insurance is paid by the company 100% for me and for my dependents. We have 45% 401K match. Great benefits for parents; Monthly Cell phone stipident. They also invest a lot in employee training. Last year I had two certifications paid in full by Ultimate.
40% of the company works remotely. My immediate team is great, but I don't feel the same about my leadership. They really don't do much for me. It's difficult to move up once you reach a mid-level. A lot of new executives with a different culture. The company is changing since it went private.
Please everyone be aware of a fraud/scam that is using the information from Ultimate Software. The send you a text saying they found you on one of the job searching sites. Don't fall for this job offer. It is not real. they say they will send you check for all materials to work from home. This check does not clear right away so they ask if you can come up with funds and they will reimburse you. They try to get into your bank account.
April 13, 2020
Beware of phishing or suspicious messages that appear to come from a trusted or known source and that asks for personal information, account information or requests that you send money to cover expenses associated with a job or otherwise. Ultimate Software does not ask for this information from our job applicants or candidates and never asks for any applicant or candidate to send money. Thank you for reaching out!
Ultimate Software is a People First Organization! They treat their employees like family. I love working at Ultimate Software for over 9 years before I retired. Thanks Ultimate Software for many great memories!
Pros
Work Life Balance and Working Remote!
Cons
I can't think of any!
great place to work, supportive environment, great amenities, challenging workload. People first, merger, acquisitions. tax, payroll, human resources.
I can confidently say that I work at the best company. It's rare to trust that your company has your back no matter what, and I feel that way every day. It's an honor and a privilege to work at Ultimate Software. We really do have the best employee and customers! People First all day every day!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ultimate Software?
Working at Ultimate was great. However the company is really about who you know. Kiss some butt and you’ll get where you need. Explain to your manager possible fixes for problems, get ignored. Have a manager that doesn’t care if you move forward (not my manager). The peeps are great, can be cliquey. The company does waste a good amount of money of things that are not needed.
March 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing your review. Please email us at feedback@ultimatesoftware.com if you would like to share additional details. Our goal is to continually improve. Thank you
The people there are very nice and willing to help you with anything. The workplace is very nice and clean, everyone has their own desk with a 2 monitor set up.
Pros
free lunches, nice environment, play room
Great place to work and they were very supportive with regards to learning new technologies and the people that I work with are top notch professionals and live "PeopleFirst".
Awesome job culture, you feel really listened by the management team. Very in tune with their employees, the job itself is overwhelming, however they do their best to keep up with how you're doing.
Pros
Free lunches
Awful and horrible experience. Once they turn on you LOOK OUT. Worse experience of my life. No work/life balance whatsoever. Awful place. Glad I am no longer in there.
Takes care of employee benefits and has a great pto policy. Account managers are just over worked and have Too many accounts. Not given the proper resources at times to succeed
Company was bought out. I have no experience with this new company. Before this Management I was treated fairly and was very valued and appreciated. ALMOST everyone new of me and my work ethics.
Pros: Outstanding culture, great people, awesome work environment. Very flexible and understanding of work/life balance.

Cons: advancement opportunities are FAR and FEW between. I hope you really like what your doing, because you will be doing it a LONG time. As much as they are growing, there is not as much internal advancement as you would think.
Job security isn’t what this company offer. Supervisor will only save themselves before trying to save and help employee. Company doesn’t train and under pay employees
January 13, 2020
We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to continuously improving in the future.
This is an excellent company as far as the work life balance. The company pays 100% of medical, vision and dental for the employees and the employees dependents. Generous 401K match that is unheard of with other companies. The company offers numerous training programs for all of the employees that encourage growth.
January 13, 2020
So happy to hear that you enjoy our benefits and training opportunities! Thank you for your review.
Your experience here will vary greatly, depending on your role. Business people and the software engineers will likely rave about the company, but the support technicians, engineers and analysts will tell a different story.

The escalation and support departments in particular are poorly managed, regularly scrambled, and there is rampant favoritism. Managers seem to struggle to obtain work-life balance themselves and there are often unspoken expectations and guilt-trips if you do not eat, live and breathe the company product, even off-hours.
January 13, 2020
Our people are our top priority. Thank you so much for providing us with feedback. We will send this to our leadership team.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Software. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
4.5
Ratings from women
4.8
InHerSight Score
4.7Personal Development
4.7Career Opportunities
4.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight