Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

Featured review
Ultimate Software selected this as a representative review
Best Possible Career for Me!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  VirtualAugust 20, 2018
I am beyond grateful to be able to work at Ultimate. It has been a fast five years and I have seen this organization grow in leaps and bounds in the past five years. Our senior leadership is just as approachable as they were five years ago when we were less then a third of the size.

I know that my opinion is valued, people are cared for on a personal and professional level and despite being virtual - I feel more connected and satisfied with my position at Ultimate than I was in previous employers prior to coming to Ultimate.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Ulti-Family cannot be beat, opportunity to make a difference
Cons
Not able to see co-workers as much as folks that are not virtual (but cannot have it all :) )
Good place to work for.
Print Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2019
I wish they had more full time opportunities. Most of the people where friendly and professional. They have good benefits. You are given the opportunity to cross train in other areas.
Only completed an internship
Internship Assistant for Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 5, 2019
I only completed an internship at their facility and was very impressed with the company. They offer many benefits for their employees and are concerned about their happiness.
Great Environment
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 31, 2019
The environment was nice, the benefits and accommodations offered were unique, never seen anything similar. got to travel and meet new people while working with them
Women in Leadership
Wellness speaker and coach (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2019
I had the pleasure of being the wellness trainer and speaker of this company. I truly commend the work-life balance culture that is there. For a company to care for its employees mental health and ability to manage stress says a lot about the heart of the company. Great Job!
Pros
Free lunch during training sessions
Cons
Not often enough
Fun Company
Lead architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
The company provided good opportunities to grow technically and professionally. Management seems to be a little closed of from their reports. It is almost like management was a club that should be reviered. Atleast that's what I felt about my manager. I heard good things about other's.
Great Company Culture
Learning Experience Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2018
Very easy to talk and work with people in the company. People make themselves very accessible and approachable. Management from Senior to direct supervisor are all great and truly care about your goals and needs. Grateful to be able to work remotely. If you work in the office there is a masseuse and the company regularly offers birthday and holiday celebrations, professional development events, volunteer events, etc. Ultimate is a great company!
Awesome Place to Work
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2018
Team culture is incredible. The work is pretty cool and the pay is really good. You'll get free food a lot and there are lots of team outings and lots of company events.
The Best Hands Down
Time Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 19, 2018
Best Employer I have ever worked for- hands down. People First culture is not a myth - very good company to work for. Great culture, workplace is fun, management is not overbearing .... CEO is down to earth. I love my co-workers everyone is so helpful
Professional team employees are responsible for the Organizational success
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLDecember 10, 2018
Employees are hardworking who are responsible for the success of the Organization. Long Hard hours are required and that effort is normally appreciated.
Cool Co-Workers Managment Clueless
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLDecember 4, 2018
If you adore re-org almost yearly, and 1 percent raises (Maybe), and very low median salary then Ultimate Software is your place. The culture is great and they really have talented people who DO leave because they do not pay well as other employers in their industry.
Pros
Free high fructose, sugary, unhealthy food
Cons
Too many to mention, lets start with managment
December 18, 2018

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to continuously improving in the future.

I was just a part-time employee
Business Intelligence Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 23, 2018
I love the company, but I am only there as a part time employee. Once you are a full time employee, I think the benefits are fantasitc and it is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
I was only part time
December 18, 2018

Thank you for this review as a BI Professional! We really appreciate it.

Amazing Place to Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 28, 2018
I had heard from friends that Ultimate was a great place to work. However, it was not until I was hired there and worked there for a while that I realized that it is a truly amazing place. There is a lot to do but great people work with. Very collaborative and just a "let's get it done" attitude. The benefits here are the best I have ever seen,

I hope that this is the last place that I work.
Pros
There are many more benefits than even the recruiter tell you about.
Cons
None that I can think of which is pretty amazing.
December 18, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this thoughtful review!

I miss this place
Rapid Response Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2018
Best job I have EVER had! Wonderfully warm and GENUINE leadership and colleagues! The CEO and CPO are just like regular, everyday people. I got termed for poor job performance. I still give this place 5 stars! GREAT CULTURE!
Good Team work within the same office
Tax Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Ultimate Software is different than the competition. There is good teamwork among your peers in same city. Good Benefits. The headquarters is isolated from the field offices which causes rivalries between the different employees in the different cities. Favor is given to certain employees in each city. Enjoyed the employee orientation where you meet the CEO.
Pros
Free breakfast and employee stock is great
Cons
Did not get overtime for a lot of the positions
Over all good
Payment Service Support Coordinator- Temp (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2018
Very good company to work for if you're just starting out on your career. But if you are looking for career advancement chances are slim picking. If you want to get far in this company you have to play politic with the higher ups.
Pros
A lot of over time
Cons
Competitive
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate it!

Company that care
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 30, 2018
Overall Ultimate Software does care about their employees. It can feel that lower management does not. Seems they are willing to replace even if you are a hard and dedicated worker.
Benefits
Cons
Demanding job
Great company culture - below industry pay
System Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualAugust 27, 2018
This company is truly a great company to work for. A lot of the jobs work remotely from home, the benefits are amazing, and team members are very helpful.

A lot of the job is 'learn as you go' so if you require step-by-step instructions, you may struggle a bit.
The salary is below the industry average and there is little to no salary negotiations.

Overall, this is a great company and a great place to work.
Ultimate Software has great benefits
Payroll Coordinator - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 27, 2018
Ultimates employee culture is fantastic. Everyone likes everyone, very little office politics from the employees I've met with.

The Benefits are amazing! FULL COVERED IVF.. no one does that. Simply Amazing.

Advancement opportunities are rare and not truly seen for the employees who work there. Very little help from managers when an employee wants to move up or even a lateral move is hard for them to achieve. I was truly disappointed when I found this out, as the company has a "People First" moto and yet no help was given.
Pros
Health Care
Work life balance is a myth. Unlimtied PTO is quite limited
Time Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  virtualAugust 25, 2018
This company started out being amazing, but after being employed at Ultimate for roughly three and a half years I have realized that the company is directionless. They are trying to catch to the big guys way too quickly and in the process they are forgetting about their employees' needs. We are given too much work, we get assigned clients from all time zones, which requires long work hours. Not good work-life balance whatsoever
Pros
Good people
Cons
Terrible work life balance, no upward mobiity. Too many changes happening too quickly
October 15, 2018

Happy to say 'thanks, but no thanks'
Payroll Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2018
In the past, when recruiters used to reach out to me, if I wasn't interested, I usually wouldn't respond. Now I love to respond to every communication...just so I can tell them, 'thanks for reaching out, but I'm very happy at Ultimate Software.' So proud to say that I'm an Ulti Peep!
Pros
Amazing culture, Unparalleled benefits, Exemplary leaders
Cons
HQ is too far from me!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Software. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

4.6InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

4.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight