Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

Featured review
Ultimate Software selected this as a representative review
Best Possible Career for Me!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  VirtualAugust 20, 2018
I am beyond grateful to be able to work at Ultimate. It has been a fast five years and I have seen this organization grow in leaps and bounds in the past five years. Our senior leadership is just as approachable as they were five years ago when we were less then a third of the size.

I know that my opinion is valued, people are cared for on a personal and professional level and despite being virtual - I feel more connected and satisfied with my position at Ultimate than I was in previous employers prior to coming to Ultimate.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Ulti-Family cannot be beat, opportunity to make a difference
Cons
Not able to see co-workers as much as folks that are not virtual (but cannot have it all :) )
Amazing Place to Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 28, 2018
I had heard from friends that Ultimate was a great place to work. However, it was not until I was hired there and worked there for a while that I realized that it is a truly amazing place. There is a lot to do but great people work with. Very collaborative and just a "let's get it done" attitude. The benefits here are the best I have ever seen,

I hope that this is the last place that I work.
Pros
There are many more benefits than even the recruiter tell you about.
Cons
None that I can think of which is pretty amazing.
I miss this place
Rapid Response Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2018
Best job I have EVER had! Wonderfully warm and GENUINE leadership and colleagues! The CEO and CPO are just like regular, everyday people. I got termed for poor job performance. I still give this place 5 stars! GREAT CULTURE!
Great Place to Work with Some Pockets of Questionable Leadership
Manager PS Launch (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 28, 2018
Ultimate Software is the best place where I have ever worked. The culture, opportunities, and people truly made this a dream job. However, some pockets within some areas of the tax filing division have shifted focus where the individual contributions by employees is no longer as important. The culture the founders have worked hard to establish is not maintained consistently in some small areas.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life banace
Good Team work within the same office
Tax Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Ultimate Software is different than the competition. There is good teamwork among your peers in same city. Good Benefits. The headquarters is isolated from the field offices which causes rivalries between the different employees in the different cities. Favor is given to certain employees in each city. Enjoyed the employee orientation where you meet the CEO.
Pros
Free breakfast and employee stock is great
Cons
Did not get overtime for a lot of the positions
Over all good
Payment Service Support Coordinator- Temp (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2018
Very good company to work for if you're just starting out on your career. But if you are looking for career advancement chances are slim picking. If you want to get far in this company you have to play politic with the higher ups.
Pros
A lot of over time
Cons
Competitive
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate it!

Company that care
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 30, 2018
Overall Ultimate Software does care about their employees. It can feel that lower management does not. Seems they are willing to replace even if you are a hard and dedicated worker.
Benefits
Cons
Demanding job
Great company culture - below industry pay
System Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualAugust 27, 2018
This company is truly a great company to work for. A lot of the jobs work remotely from home, the benefits are amazing, and team members are very helpful.

A lot of the job is 'learn as you go' so if you require step-by-step instructions, you may struggle a bit.
The salary is below the industry average and there is little to no salary negotiations.

Overall, this is a great company and a great place to work.
Ultimate Software has great benefits
Payroll Coordinator - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 27, 2018
Ultimates employee culture is fantastic. Everyone likes everyone, very little office politics from the employees I've met with.

The Benefits are amazing! FULL COVERED IVF.. no one does that. Simply Amazing.

Advancement opportunities are rare and not truly seen for the employees who work there. Very little help from managers when an employee wants to move up or even a lateral move is hard for them to achieve. I was truly disappointed when I found this out, as the company has a "People First" moto and yet no help was given.
Pros
Health Care
Work life balance is a myth. Unlimtied PTO is quite limited
Time Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  virtualAugust 25, 2018
This company started out being amazing, but after being employed at Ultimate for roughly three and a half years I have realized that the company is directionless. They are trying to catch to the big guys way too quickly and in the process they are forgetting about their employees' needs. We are given too much work, we get assigned clients from all time zones, which requires long work hours. Not good work-life balance whatsoever
Pros
Good people
Cons
Terrible work life balance, no upward mobiity. Too many changes happening too quickly
October 15, 2018

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to continuously improving in the future.

Happy to say 'thanks, but no thanks'
Payroll Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2018
In the past, when recruiters used to reach out to me, if I wasn't interested, I usually wouldn't respond. Now I love to respond to every communication...just so I can tell them, 'thanks for reaching out, but I'm very happy at Ultimate Software.' So proud to say that I'm an Ulti Peep!
Pros
Amazing culture, Unparalleled benefits, Exemplary leaders
Cons
HQ is too far from me!
Truly One of the Greatest Places to Work For
Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 13, 2018
Ultimate Software is truly one of the greatest companies to work for. The company provides great benefits (100% paid medical/dental, 40% match on 401K contributions, life insurance) and there is a lot of opportunities if you work hard and stay focused. The People First culture truly sets US apart from other companies. I feel and know that employees truly care about each other. If you don't have a manager that is helping you grow, then there are ways to bring it up and help both yourself, that manager, and the company as a whole to continue to have great leaders. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to be challenged and succeed, while being compensated appropriately to have a great life.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Compensation, Opportunities
Cons
Some unexperience or unprepared managers
August 17, 2018

Glad to hear you enjoy our culture and benefits! Thank you for this review :)

Only Millenials need apply
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 10, 2018
Not enough time to complete work, too many events and activities that are mandatory attendance leaving little time to do you work that is still expected to be completed. Nepotism abound, cliques and favortism runs rampant. Very prejudice to certain people within the organization, no structure salary ranges for positions---if they like you then you will succeed.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Culture is silly
August 17, 2018

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for your feedback; we value it and look forward to continuously improving in the future.

Very professional and great company to work for.
Tax Form Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 5, 2018
I woulld love to have had a permanent postion at Ulitmate Software, however, the pay was not enough with this cost of living in Florida. It would be difficult to maintain long enough to work towards a raise.
Pros
Awesome company. The best managers I've ever had.
Cons
Not enough pay
Unresponsive management
Customer Success Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2018
I believed the hype of the company during orientation but when it was time to deliver, the company lacked. The management was unresponsive and I was not trained properly.
Pros
free lunches at times, no micromanagement, relaxed, nice office
Cons
no help, poor training.
July 2, 2018

Our people are our top priority. Thank you so much for providing us with feedback. We will send this to our leadership team.

Best of Intentions.....Lost
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 8, 2018
Promised company culture (the greatest workplace ever) is being lost (ignored? avoided?) as the company grows. If you like to drink the kool-aid, theirs is artificially sweetened.
Pros
Company provided health benefits
Cons
No corporate focus; awful line management

Great Place
Temp (Core Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
I had a great experience here. Was able to get several references, get a lot of great hands on experience, and there was always help when ever you needed it.
Pros
Free food, great culture
Cons
None.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing this review of US! We greatly appreciate it.

Productive and fun workplace with inexpensive massages available
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with inexpensive massages available. My manager was awesome and didn't micromanage. I learned many new skills I didn't previously have.
October 15, 2018

thank you for this review! So happy to hear that you enjoy the massage benefit we offer, and that your manager was awesome.

The Ultiway
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 10, 2018
They really abide by the People First culture. The care about their employees and customers. They allow employees to easily share and execute their ideas. Rather that colleagues or coworkers, we are all a big family.
Pros
Going to work.
Cons
Not going to work.
Best company to work for!
Strategic Planning Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualApril 10, 2018
Amazing place to work! Ultimate values it’s employees. The environment is collaborative and supportive. The tangible and intangible rewards are AMAZING!
Pros
Culture and People
human resource software sales
Sales Consultant- HR Software (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2018
Human resource software sales to corporate medium-sized companies. It had a very competitive environment consisting of business to business sales. Worked out of Orange County office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Software. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.8Fairygodboss Score

96%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss