Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

Featured review
Ultimate Software selected this as a representative review
Productive and fun workplace with inexpensive massages available
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with inexpensive massages available. My manager was awesome and didn't micromanage. I learned many new skills I didn't previously have.
Truly One of the Greatest Places to Work For
Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 13, 2018
Ultimate Software is truly one of the greatest companies to work for. The company provides great benefits (100% paid medical/dental, 40% match on 401K contributions, life insurance) and there is a lot of opportunities if you work hard and stay focused. The People First culture truly sets US apart from other companies. I feel and know that employees truly care about each other. If you don't have a manager that is helping you grow, then there are ways to bring it up and help both yourself, that manager, and the company as a whole to continue to have great leaders. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to be challenged and succeed, while being compensated appropriately to have a great life.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Compensation, Opportunities
Cons
Some unexperience or unprepared managers
Only Millenials need apply
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 10, 2018
Not enough time to complete work, too many events and activities that are mandatory attendance leaving little time to do you work that is still expected to be completed. Nepotism abound, cliques and favortism runs rampant. Very prejudice to certain people within the organization, no structure salary ranges for positions---if they like you then you will succeed.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Culture is silly
Very professional and great company to work for.
Tax Form Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 5, 2018
I woulld love to have had a permanent postion at Ulitmate Software, however, the pay was not enough with this cost of living in Florida. It would be difficult to maintain long enough to work towards a raise.
Pros
Awesome company. The best managers I've ever had.
Cons
Not enough pay
Unresponsive management
Customer Success Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2018
I believed the hype of the company during orientation but when it was time to deliver, the company lacked. The management was unresponsive and I was not trained properly.
Pros
free lunches at times, no micromanagement, relaxed, nice office
Cons
no help, poor training.
July 2, 2018

Our people are our top priority. Thank you so much for providing us with feedback. We will send this to our leadership team.

Best of Intentions.....Lost
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 8, 2018
Promised company culture (the greatest workplace ever) is being lost (ignored? avoided?) as the company grows. If you like to drink the kool-aid, theirs is artificially sweetened.
Pros
Company provided health benefits
Cons
No corporate focus; awful line management
July 2, 2018

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to continuously improving in the future.

Great Place
Temp (Core Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
I had a great experience here. Was able to get several references, get a lot of great hands on experience, and there was always help when ever you needed it.
Pros
Free food, great culture
Cons
None.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing this review of US! We greatly appreciate it.

The Ultiway
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 10, 2018
They really abide by the People First culture. The care about their employees and customers. They allow employees to easily share and execute their ideas. Rather that colleagues or coworkers, we are all a big family.
Pros
Going to work.
Cons
Not going to work.
Best company to work for!
Strategic Planning Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualApril 10, 2018
Amazing place to work! Ultimate values it’s employees. The environment is collaborative and supportive. The tangible and intangible rewards are AMAZING!
Pros
Culture and People
human resource software sales
Sales Consultant- HR Software (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2018
Human resource software sales to corporate medium-sized companies. It had a very competitive environment consisting of business to business sales. Worked out of Orange County office.
Great culture
Rapid Response Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2018
Ultimate Software's philosophy was "people first" and I believe they really stuck by that. We were always told - take care of your family, take care of our customers, and the rest will fall into place. It was a collaborative environment and resources were readily available. The company is continuing to grow and opportunities for advancement are available if you work hard and put in the time.
March 14, 2018

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback with this review. We're happy to hear you enjoy our "People First" culture!

Software Engineer (Full stack) (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 3, 2018
Bad managers in general or i had bad lucky with them. You will find very smart and nice people. Low salaries more if you are young. Experience for them is more important than talent and problem solving skills. In general my experience was good.
Pros
Free lunches, huge benefits, smart and nice people
Cons
Low salaries, bad managers
Fun place to work
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Employees are well taken care. Management ensures that hard work is paid off with many incentives such as activities with prizes and a lot of employee recognition. They are also fed well with good food and not all sugar!
Pros
Room for growth, additional training is provided, education reimbursement
Cons
N/a
March 14, 2018

So happy to hear that you felt well taken care of! Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it.

The Ultimate job
Rapid Response Professional (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 22, 2018
No doubt one of the greatest companies in the USA. Incredible culture and they truly care and take care of their employees. Hated that I had to resign, but my daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia. Would love to work there again one day.
Poor Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2018
management sucks. this company practices Nepotism.You will never soar to higher heights unless you are a Yes sir/ma'am employee. Too many emotions and feelings. Organized chaos.
Pros
free food, benefits and swag
February 19, 2018

We're really sorry to hear this. If you would like to speak with someone about your experience, please email socialmedia@ultimatesoftware.com. We look forward to improving in the future.

Great company
Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2018
The company it’s self is wonderful. The CEO is an amazing person. This company has so much room for you to grow. The company cultural is out of the world. Best job ever in my book
Great culture
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Ultimate Software is the best company I've worked for. While there are some improvements needed in my particular department, the company itself is head and shoulders above anyone. They're consistently on Fortune's Top 100 Best Companies To Work For. The hardest part of the job in my field is just pleasing the client with a perfect payroll but it gets done. I enjoy the people, the atmosphere, the events, the everything. Management is some of the best. A typical day involves payroll checklists, processing procedures, peer reviews, SSAE compliance checks, and learning.
Pros
free benefits, web training
Cons
was just switched to hourly
I Loved Working At Ultimate
Cloud Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Best place to Work Ever, I would Go Back in a Heart Beat . Their motto is people first and they truly adhere to that when I was hospitalized toward the end of my employment with them my manager came to visit me he even went as far as to send me a get-well basket which indicated all type of heart healthy items to lift my spirits and let me know that they cared.
Relaxed and very productive place to work!
QE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2018
I would recommend anyone to be apart of the US family! The CEO has some of the best moral standings I have heard of (paid maternity/paternity leave) and he encourages work to be fun (but productive) and not a pain in the .. The work is not hard and the staff is very friendly and most importantly, COMPETENT!
Pros
Free lunches, Pay is terrific, Hours (40+), Staff is friendly, Room for growth, You can return as a temp if you are a good worker
February 1, 2018

Thanks so much for the review! Your feedback is really valuable :)

Good Company
ACCOUNT MANAGER 2 (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Ultimate was a good company when I first started. In the beginning it really felt like family, and they truly believed and embodied their culture, but as time went on, and they got bigger, they started to lose the family feeling, and is now more of a corporate company.
Love it!
Customer Success Associate Temp (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2018
I love working at Ultimate Software. It is a great place to work! Awesome Managers! The only downside is that I am temporary Employee at this time. Hope to be made perm soon!
February 1, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your insights on working at Ultimate Software! We agree that it is a great place to work :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Software. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Diversity score

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ultimate Software.

Powered by Comparably