Ultra Electronics Employee Reviews

Temp To Perm Culture
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 10, 2019
Most positions are contracted out through a temp agency. Difficult to build relationships within the accounting department mainly because of the turnover.
I do not recommend.
Electronics Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 27, 2019
If you are a young, recent graduate of Kansas State University, and you do not start working in production, then you might like this job. If you are anyone else, and you are applying for full time in production, you will probably not last very long just like the countless former employees.
Pros
Medical insurance day 1.
Cons
Pay, Management, promotional opportunities, working hours, short staffed (just to name a few).
Good management and good work-life balance
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2019
This was the first job I had coming out of college, and I'm very glad to have it. Everyone here is friendly (not just the people I worked with), management deals fairly well with the workload so that the employees aren't overworked, and we work itself is pretty rewarding.
Pros
Everyone is friendly, good healthcare benefits
Cons
Semi-open concept (rooms of 5-10 people)
Good brand.
Vice President, The Americas (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2018
Good branding, but loss of focus on commercial aviation space. Strengths seems to be in defense-related hardware. Distributed work force and good internal systems.
Pros
Good brand within defense industry.
Cons
Loss of focus on commercial aviation.
Government Contractor
Manager of SCM, Ops & Quality (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCOctober 6, 2018
Design and built navy warfare products. Learned FAR. Very smart people, all of whom were Engineers of various disciplines.

I had responsibility for the entire back end of the business
Pros
Held various Pie events - 3pi
Cons
Dependent on winning government business
Productive and fast paced environment filled with a plethora of intelligent individuals.
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INOctober 4, 2018
Working at Ultra was extremely helpful in bettering my design career and ability to work well with a product team. The management team was extremely helpful in certain parts of the company and very self centered in others.
If you are an Engineer you are highly valued
Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Engineers are well respected, the other teams get little to no recognition and are frequently overlooked. No cross sharing of ideas or interaction among the teams.
Pros
There is always fruit, free drinks and speciality coffee; frequently lunch leftovers from company meetings.
Cons
Management is not open to new ideas.
Good Hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 26, 2018
Good hours and a short drive to work. There is poor overall communication from direct supervisor on how you are performing. Always shorthanded and there is a zero chance of being promoted to a supervisor position for internal candidates. Huge discrepancy in hourly and salary employees and how they are treated. Much better off to get hired in here as a salary employee.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Little meaningful promotional opportunity
Ultra Electronics
Office/Commercial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INJuly 23, 2018
Overall Ultra Electronics is a very good place to work, paid time off, 401K, Health Insurance and sick days.
I enjoy working at Ultra Electronics, I have been fortunate to have been to many many training courses in ITAR, EAR, OSHA, EXCEL, Outlook & Government Contracting all paid by Ultra Electronics.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Poor management communication
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2018
No Agile development in place. No real way to track progress other than word of management buddies. Tight club of good old boys. New comers beware. Seems like the company is in a tight spot for future business and folks are pointing fingers rather than employing good teamwork.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Communication
It was exciting and fun place to work.
Facility Security Officer (FSO) (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 23, 2018
The people at this company were amazing to work with. I learned a lot about the roles of an FSO at this company. This was my first job in the IT work force.
Ultra may not be adept at innovation
Portfolio manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford County, CTJune 5, 2018
Not a disruptive technology leader.
Nice people - yet holding onto "mature" product lines.
Canadian senior bosses seem to be risk-averse.
Seems to be in retrench mode in defense communications sector.
Cleaning
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYMay 14, 2018
I would get there at six am and would clean. I would do monthly inventory and used company vehicle to buy product. I would do a yearly stripping ans waxing of the floors.
Pros
Pay was great, picnic and Christmas party
Cons
cleaning a mens room
Work environment
Senior Machinist/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 19, 2018
It was a great place to work that is why I was there for the last 30 years. It was long hours, stressful but productive. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
good atmosphere
Terrible place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 24, 2018
Very political, no career advancement , cut throat, they don't care about your concerns , prefer contractors than full time people. The environment is cut throat and they look for ways to cut you
Pros
Cons
Many, no career advancement, political, cut throat environment
Fun place to work at with basketball court
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Testing software through front end GUI and back-end database. Hands on experience with server and software testing. Great team and colleagues a fun place to work at.
Very Poor Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 4, 2017
Lack of leadership, vision or accountability is common within upper management. Solid work is produced by staff and the products developed by engineers & manufacturing are innovative and tip of the spear. Standard offices and cubes.
fun place to work
Material Supply Management/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INAugust 31, 2017
even tho you work 10 hour days a week and on your feet the whole time, its a very fun and relaxed placed to work even tho its fast paced. having 3 day weekends was a bonus!
Pros
3 day weekends and decent benefits
Cons
standing on your feet for 10 hours
Lots and lots of work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INAugust 27, 2017
In general, I love my job. I never have "boring" days because things are very fast paced and constantly changing.

Many of the upper management under-value and under appreciate the people that are the life blood of the organization.
Pros
Not boring
Cons
Under-valued compensation
Interesting Engineering Work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 20, 2017
Overall interesting work environment. Been allowed to expand my engineering knowledge and experience into other areas. Interacting will fellow employees due to multiple locations is a challenge. All in all a positive place to work with good people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultra Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.