Ultrasabers

Ultrasabers Employee Reviews

United States9 reviews
Worked here for 2 years from 8/hr to 12/hr. They started hiring new hires at 11/hr. Knew the job ins and outs and was working as hard or harder than the supervisors only to be surpassed for a new hire. Doesn't give time off they expect you to work 12 hrs a day every day and not take any days. Loves to pick and choose employees even though you can be the best one there.
Management sucks. You have to clock out to use restroom. Your breaks have to be off the clock. Don’t even think about having your phone on you. Wrote up for every little thing. When the owner gets there prepare to get yelled at as a group that the other shift has done. It good for quick money but be prepared to spend every hour there. You are warned.
Nothing good to say about this company. Owner talks down to his employees and his wife that works there as well. Will work up to 3 months without a day off and if you complain about it your pay can get reduced. Forced to travel even if you say you cant and when you do travel you dont get per dm and you drive every and the only people getting paied are the drivers. Government needs to step in
When the owner gets mad he hold meeting telling everyone how badly they are doing and says we need to stop acting like we have lives and work 60-80hrs a week. His sister runs the shop when hes not there and she feels the need to verbally abuse you in front of everyone all the time no matter if it your fault or not you have no argument and if you do your gone. No per dm when outta state . Bad pay.
Unending threats towards his subordinates, paycheck docking, the infamous and silly clock-out bathroom ridiculousness, exploitation of Texas and Federal law and the overall horrific treatment and obvious profiteering of his employees is absolutely relentless. From my own observations, it was obvious that his intended targets were those ignorant to the law, questionable backgrounds, and having below average intelligence. The silent and enabling nature business partner and spouse is even more appalling, though not surprising. And considering the owner is from one of the most oppressed places on earth, you would think his goal would be to positively embrace the fact that he was able to break free and be better than his peers. And to maybe create a company that can actually contribute to employee happiness, minus the manipulation.

In the beginning, among other things, from what I understood and verified, the creation of the company began with the exploitation of family members and progressed from there. Management tactics typically consisted of empty promises, crafty micromanaging, various punishments, and written and verbal threats. Lowering your salary without warning and "backdating" the lowering of your rate during employment or upon termination was the norm. Moreover, encouraging an almost completely uncommunicative work environment by mandating all employees to clock out at the sound of one word was policy and absolutely ridiculous. Although federal law requires all employers to pay their employees for breaks that are 20 minutes or less, and despite even larger corporations
 - more...
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Company greed, OSHA issues, federal and state law issues
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I really like working there! Management rocks, the owner is a freaking beast and the rest of the employees are weird and chill! Didn't get to go to any conventions that sucks.
Pros
Chill
Cons
Eight bucks an hour
The previous reviews are correct. Do not work at this company no matter how cool you may think it is. The pay is utter garbage, the work environment is awful, there is practically no management at this place. All supervisors here not leaders. There is no passion about the product at this job. I was really let down to see how the company actually operates if you can actually call it a company. Everyone getting warnings or write ups for small things. The cell phone rule is ridiculous. There’s no drive or charisma to be found here. I would say it’s a sweatshop since it’s air conditioned but it’s pretty close. The paperwork they give you on the first day is almost laughable. If it is a company it doesn’t function like one. The facility is horrid. Old and experiencing electrical issues that haven’t been resolved. The building is ancient and needs to be torn down. I don’t understand why they can’t invest in a new building for their employees or better equipment but rather they invest money in a ridiculous clock in/clock out system and nice security cameras to watch you all day. What’s even more disappointing is that I own their products and have been a fan of theirs but now I regret ever supporting their company. The wording in their “policies” is so outrageous that I laughed at it. I’m pretty some of the practices they use to punish employees are illegal and the better business bureau would have some things to say about some the things there. OSHA might too. Also the paperwork I filled out was so unprofessional I didn’t believe the job was real. I don’t know how the company has lasted - more...
Pros
Lightsabers
Cons
Everything about the job
Zero stars in all categories except Compensation which is one star. Why? Reasons are outlined below. Absolutely would not recommend this employer to anyone. Overall immature leadership behaviors which appear to be reflective of financial instability with the company. Basis for conclusion, justification and tangible examples noted below.

Hiring practices targets employees who are vulnerable and most likely to tolerate low pay, sub-par working conditions, and unfair treatment within the workplace.

Owner and employed family members of owner (hello nepotism) feel it is appropriate to verbally and mentally abuse employees. Examples of this include, but are not limited to swearing at employees, losing their tempers and making unfounded derogatory personal comments about employees outside of scope of work applicability, publicly embarrassing employees in front of coworkers instead of private reprimands that are formed as constructive criticism, and intimidation tactics intended to force submission from employees.

Owner makes false accusations against employees regarding failure to clock out for breaks, refuses to provide evidence to substantiate claims against employees, then attempts to force employees to sign agreement to hours worked being deducted from paycheck. If employee doesn't agree to payroll deduction they will be fired. This is blackmail, intimidation and bulling. Failure to pay employees for full amount of time worked is illegal under local, state, and federal law.

Owner offers housing arrangements to some employees, but will evict without cause, without
 - more...
Basically I sat in one place all day, I couldn’t talk to any coworkers, because I was once told that it’s looked down upon to talk while working by a manager. I had to clock out every time I went to the restroom, which is very close to illegal if not completely illegal, also no paid breaks. Minimum 8 hours a day, with weekends mandatory if they went to conventions. I wouldn’t of had a day off for close to two months. Once seeing what the boss and his wife drove (Ferrari and a Lamborghini sedan) I easily knew that I was just a worker, he didn’t care about his employees all he wanted was money, he’s a penny pusher, the application posted on here looks unprofessional. I did enjoy one coworker and one of the managers although.
Pros
Unlimited breaks.
Cons
No paid breaks, couldn’t talk
Official response from Ultrasabers
July 9, 2019
No you can't sit and talk while you are clocked in to work.

No it is not anywhere near illegal to mandate that you clock out for all breaks including bathroom breaks. This was fully explained during the interview process.

Yes, if you are a fulltime employee you have to work 8 hours 5 days a week. This was also explained during the interview.

Yes, you can take as many breaks as you want and whenever you want. You just have to clock out.

No, you don't have to sit on one place all day because you can get up and take a break anytime you want. You just have to clock out for the break.

Yes, the owners are successful. Very successful. Because the company is successful. Very successful.

How does any of this merit giving one star?

How does this make a job a sweat shop?

It's fully air conditioned. You get to make your own schedule. You get to work as many hours as you want. You get to take breaks whenever you want.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultrasabers. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4