UMass Medical School Employee Reviews

Ambiente de trabajo fuerte sin breaks
Cleaning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 15, 2019
Muy buena no dan mucho complain despu├ęs que uno mismo haga un buen trabajo y quede satisfecho
Pros
MassHealth
Cons
No tenemos breik ni hora de comida
Great Place to Intern
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 23, 2019
If you're looking for a research internship in Worcester as part of an undergraduate degree. there really isn't too much better that you could do than Umass Medical.
Good experience as an intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 31, 2018
It was a very good experience for me to work in UMASS as an intern. I learned a lot, I received a lot of training and I was collaborating with several groups which was new to me.
Good Place to start a career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 21, 2018
Many of the people i work with now once worked at UMASS. It was a great place to get your feet wet with science and learn alot. The pay was low but it was a fun place to work.
Professional and welcoming
Volunteer Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01655December 8, 2018
I absolutely loved this internship and I wish it had been longer. I learned a lot of computer skills, I organized, filed, and did research for my supervisor which was then put into a spread sheet. I mostly enjoyed how helpful everyone was and how organized everything was which left very little room for mistakes.
Summer Intern Student
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2018
I had a great experience interning in one of the labs for the summer. Learned so much from everyone and got to run a few experiments. would have preferred to have been compensated for some of my efforts though.
Very professional
Pharmacy Associate (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAOctober 8, 2018
Love having the option to work from home, reliable team great communication between staff and leadership. Great state benefits along with paid holidays
Great organization to work for
Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAAugust 20, 2018
I worked for about a year as a contractor. I really enjoyed working at UMASS Medical School. The training and ability to learn was of great ease and the Supervisor made really comfortable for me to understand the process of coding and analysis. It's unfortunate that I no longer work for them due to being a contractor.
Cons
Contracting Position
great job educational fun to work
Disability Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAAugust 10, 2018
most enjoyable,educational learned many options and programs to utilize for future openings at UMASS Memorial.
also learned many SSI,Mass Health laws to better suit the clients needs to advance to recieve the best services UMASS can offer a exisisting and future clients
Pros
breaks able to walk for excersice
Cons
insurance benefits
Wonderful
Administrative Asst Transitions, Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 17, 2018
I learned plenty at umass medical school...Wonderful place to work...Very comfortable collaborative. Free to work at my pace and use my abilities to get the job done...Was appreciated
Pros
Work at my pace
Cons
Summary
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJuly 5, 2018
UMass is not a fun place to work. The do not know how to treat there employees. The pay is decent for being a medical school but other than that the environment is negative.
nice working env
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 13, 2018
Really nice working environment. The main building is new and fancy. People are nice there. Convenient food court. Always have many inspiring seminar hosted by different departments
Laid back environment
Interviewer II (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MA 01545June 7, 2018
I made great friendships here, the pace is laid back. There is very little room for advancement in the department I worked in but at least it was a foot in the door.
Productive and fun working place.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 6, 2018
The atmosphere is friendly. Team works together in a productive manner. I learned genotyping, western blotting, PCR, RNA purification, cell culture and various life skills there.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 27, 2018
I am very happy with UMASS medical school research environment, work culture and management. This is a wonderful place for high quality basic and translational research.
Interesting work with many different people in the medical community.
STANDARDIZED PATIENT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2018
Very engaging work that helps to teach the coming classes of medical professionals. I find this very satisfying. There is also the opportunity to be part of a collaborative atmosphere to improve the instruction that we provide.
Very laid back and relaxing environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 2, 2018
I learned how to use new machines that was only 3 in nation. Workplace culture was mixed and had great time learning their cultures. The hardest part of the job was when I had to go in early everyday to help our animal technician person.
great benefits
Administrative Coordinator II - (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 14, 2018
UMass can be a great place to work in depending on what department you are working in. Most departments and people are very pleasant and hard working.
Worked as part of a grant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 26, 2018
Mostly asked patients to take a survey and get written consent. Inputted information into their system. I was there as a research assistant, so there was a lot of UMass I did not work in.
Incredible staff and faculty who only want to see you and the institution succeed.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJanuary 22, 2018
This job has been invaluable to me. My director is supportive, yet has given me room to grow. I have been guided, but not smothered or overtly managed. UMass Medical School cares for its employees. I've personally witnessed what its leaders have done for workers such as myself, who are just starting out and in need of guidance, trust, and a competitive salary to keep themselves going.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMass Medical School. Our community is ready to answer.