UMass Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Upper management lacks leadership
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 13, 2019
Managers, Administrators need to be reviewed fairly. Managers cannot manage employees “working at home” while caring for babies and small children. Upper management is unaware or doesnt care that morale remains low.
Pros
decent pay and benefits for strong union backed employees
Cons
lower level employees do not receive decent livable wage therefore no incentive to do a good job.
Amazing Workplace
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 12, 2019
There is so much room for growth and so many opportunities for one to experience all different types of medical training. The pay is wonderful and management is grateful for hard workers.
former RN (Former Employee) –  umass memorial medical centerJune 11, 2019
favoritism by manager
Manager targeted individuals not personally liked
had a good relationship with HR and will malign your character to get rid of you or to force resign
lack of loyalty by company and by colleagues
not valued
also informed of criticism, not constructive
manager did not want some people to grow and likes to control everything and be the bearer of all knowledge and receive all the praise
manage lacked compassion and humility-felt was free of faults
Pros
providing the best care to patients; working with some colleagues
Cons
management; targeting; lack of HR support; lack of value of the employee
Large Company
Patient Care Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 30, 2019
UMass is a large company with a lot of room for personal growth and advancement. It has been many years since I have worked her though so I do not have input how the company currently works.
Nice place
Volunteer Greeter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 18, 2019
It was a nice place to work and that everyone I worked with was nice and professional. I would love to go back and work there even if it was only temporary
Good benefits, environment could be better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 10, 2019
UMass is heading in the right direction. Leadership still needs to better understand their impact on organizational culture. Benefits and Compensation is excellent though.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, location
Cons
culture, engagement
It was a nice place to work.
Sterile Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2019
This hospital cares for their patients. The staff tries hard to get the mission done. The people I worked with were very nice and easy to work with. I enjoyed working there just moved on for other opportunities.
Unorganized
Principal Trainer - Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2019
The environment was fast paced and extremely unorganized from day to day operations through strategic planning. My time was spent coordinating and collaborating to make sure classes were delivered in a comprehensive fashion and on time.
Umass Memorial.
Medi-tech (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2019
a typical day at work is busy. work place culture is diverse. management wasn't open to new ideas. I learned your creative ideas is not for everyone. workplace culture was getting better.
great place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 14, 2019
management is awesome staff are nice to be around its a good place to work they pay good an all supervisors are understanding they appreciate your hard work
Pros
good pay
Career Growth Limited
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 13, 2019
Recent re-structure because of new President and CEO has his direct reports under pressure, which has created a bit of a hostile, self-serving environment. Most career growth is for newly created senior leadership positions, physicians, etc.
Benefits
Cons
Invasion of personal time by senior leadership
Beneficial to Nursing Students
Unit Aide (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 25, 2019
Working at UMass Memorial was super beneficial while being a nursing student. The nurses that I worked with were always finding opportunities to teach me something! They have always encouraged me in my nursing school career and have always offered any help if needed. I love the environment in East 4 (Labor and Delivery.)
Umass
Per Diem Mental Health Associate II (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 19, 2019
Many decorated professional, working together to provide the best care to the paying community. Job is emphaiszes education and is a requirement for many roles in the business.
Pros
Accruing time is never an issue.
Cons
Advancements or promotions are rare.
Great coworkers, understaffed
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 10, 2019
I enjoy the camaraderie at work. My patients are the reason I go to work everyday. I enjoy knowing that at the end of the day I’ve made a difference. Management is all about maximizing volume so expect overbooking and working short staffed. It can be difficult to get vacation days depending on the size of the department you are in. There is not a lot of room for vertical movement, the hospital is fairly structured and positions are eliminated and restructured often.
Pros
Competive salary
Cons
Breaks are not guaranteed, understaffed, schedules are overbooked
My review
Pediatric Gastroenterologist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 7, 2019
UMass memorial hospital was a bustling place to work for. We had a large number of patients both inpatient and outpatient. However we had the resources to tackle most complicated cases without difficulty.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Nurses in the ambulatory clinic were always unhappy to work there tt
managers are people oriented
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 6, 2019
change of new management within HIM department has made working at UMass a better place.

I have worked a long time within the organization and I would recommend others to work at UMass.

There is a large diversity of culture at UMass which makes working there a good place to work.
Pros
benefits are a plus
Cons
those who work at home may not see their coworkers as often if those who work remotely
Great place to get care and give care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Umass Memorial. I worked in an internal medicine office and the people I worked with were great. The doctors that I worked with were respectful of the staff and it was a pleasure to work there every day!
Very busy and stressful
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2019
at times work is not structured and lack of communication at times. Overall the co-workers are extremely helpful and supportive! Work load gets overwhelmed and not completed on a daily basis. However, management is supported.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay!
Cons
Lack of communications and work is unorganized
Too many years
Third Party Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 3, 2019
The facility was bought out by another hospital and the hospital that bought the other. The staff was let go and many managers that were there had to reapply for their own job,
Rewarding place to work helping people every day
Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with my Clinic Coworkers/Team, we worked together every day to help the patients that came into the Clinic with all of their service support needs.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Emotionally draining

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMass Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight