UMass Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 11, 2018
Love my job love my supervisor. All staff very helpful, yes there are a few nurses that need to smile more, but they have a super stressful job, just would like to make it easier for them sometimes.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Younger coworkers lack of work ethic
Busy, a lot to know and learn. fun moments, satisfying helping out patients....
SECRETARY, MEDICAL SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 6, 2018
answer telephones, send/receive faxes, incoming mail.
I resolved as many questions, requests as possible. Otherwise
these would be sent to appropriate physician, staff. I learned various software, sending medical records, electronic prescription requests -these
were sent to physicians, how to do on call schedules. The hardest part
was completing some tasks that involved particular staff, paperwork.
It was busy and we needed to get some tasks done asap. I learned
some prior authorization, some basic scheduling. It was difficult to always
cover phones and if gone for any length of time, there had to be coverage.

The most enjoyable. Working with the staff, the patients. Completing
work. We had light, fun moments and there were a lot of interesting people.
Our supervisor was in an office next to us.
Pros
I felt we were appreciated and acknowledged, Christmas gifts. Some get togethers. Friendly atmosphere for the most part.
Cons
we did not do too many lunch times or breaks, but we could have.
Ok
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 6, 2018
Just an ok place to work. Staff was very set in their ways and not alwaysd willing to help. Hospital recewntly went thru some changes and was not the best atmosphere to be working in
Stressful but great pay
Patient Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 5, 2018
Your experience depends very much on the department you work in and your manager. I have had great experiences and not so great experiences, BUT the pay and the benefits can't be beat.
Pros
Room for growth, pay, benefits, healthcare
I was an intern here
Pharmacy Intern (APPE) (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 29, 2018
I was an advanced rotations pharmacy intern here for an Infectious Diseases elective. This was a really nice place to intern at, as they provided us with opportunities to research on medication therapies, attend a P&T meeting, and even prepare a formulary addition request for Stribild
A difficult environment to work in
Management (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 27, 2018
The organization is more concerned about appearances than actual service. The mission and Value statements were stated to be about patient care when in reality the drivers were status and self importance. Physicians were more focused on gaining grants to support personal agendas and executives were more concerned with improving their personal positions rather than following the mission and value statements concerning the effective and timely treatment of patients.
Pros
Excellent care givers at the bedside.
Cons
Disconnected executive leadership
Big org that is run like a mom-n-pop shop
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2018
Big organization with vast opportunities for IT professionals, but lots of red tape. The org is run like a small company still and does not listen to the opinions of the engineers who support the products and solutions for the organization.
good work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 25, 2018
Good place to work., Busy place. clean, environment of the hospital , competitive good benefits, union, taking good care of patient in the hospital .
Well managed workplace with good safety record
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 18, 2018
UMassMemorial is a teaching hospital affiliated with University of Massachusetts Medical School. located in central Massachusetts.. The work culture is proactive for patient safety. Nurses are well compensated and quality nurses are recruited, preference given to BSN nurses. Employment benefits are good (medical, dental, etc) Overall a good place to work.
Stressful environment - don't recommend
Software Applications Trainer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 16, 2018
Difficult place to work. Always under pressure, always a fire. Patient care did not suffer, but work done to ensure that was very challenging. Worked within a call center environment and was constantly exposed to anxious and upset people
Pros
good benefits, close to home
Cons
challenging environment and management
Great Place..High Stress...But, Expected (Level 1 Trauma)
PCA II.....Graduate Nurse (Current Employee) –  University CampusJuly 1, 2018
Been employed for 14+ years at Umass. I'm a lifer! Great pay, Great benefits & Great people! I recently graduated from Nursing school and plan on staying with them for the long run!
Accounts Receivable
Workman's Compensation Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 26, 2018
Learned a lot from the department manager and coworkers
CPT coding/ reading workman compensations notes/ review doctors notes/
Learned a lot about insurances
working there was great/busy/up beat/new faces
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 26, 2018
Enjoyed working here. Supervisors were down to earth. Great staff /great nurses. The Atmosphere was upbeat. New faces everyday. Rotation between working areas
Pros
raises
Cons
Parking
Challenging HealthCare
Director, (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 25, 2018
As is with most all healthcare environments, there are many challenges that impact organizations. I good place, Good people, but many challenges overall.
Standard challenges in Healthcare
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MAJune 25, 2018
A decent place to work, Standard issues in working in healthcare. Finances and cost are always challenges in the current world environment. Many very good and talented people to work alongside.
Very fast pace and team work
Pca 2 (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2018
I can just say that I have been at UMass for 12 yrs and I love my job . I am not planning on leaving I just want to get something part time at night for extra money
Fine people, fast paced.
Patient Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2018
A call center is to be expected to be busy. However there are times that the calls seem to not stop. There is supposed to be a brief period after a call is ended where a rep can finish/review a note or whatever the patient had needed. This period is often cut short leaving the rep to scramble to pick up the next call. This is one of the things that has been pointed out to the correct staff that could be adjusted to avoid errors. Often patients/callers get upset with staff because of changing processes which can be challenging to handle at times.
Typical Health Care System
Executive Administrative Secretary, Administration (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 21, 2018
Fast paced doctor's office and department with a variety of tasks from greeting patients to physician billing to preparation of licensing materials. Training readily available.
summary
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MAJune 18, 2018
I currently work at umass and am very happy in my job. It is close to home and benefits are great. I like the people I work with .Always learning something new
Serving a good purpose.
Dietary & Nutrition Consultant & Server (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 14, 2018
What I enjoyed most about working in my position is the fulfilling satisfaction you get from not only helping a person, but at times 30 or more patients a day.
Pros
Fast-paced, decent compensation
Cons
Too long of hours. 12+

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMass Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight