UMB Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice Job to start financial career
Transaction Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MO 64086September 19, 2018
It was a good job to get my feet wet in the banking industry. There were opportunities to grow, but they were sometimes blocked due to management. The companies morals were excellent and meant much, when they were followed.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Management, Willingness to work
UMB: fair to partly sunny
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2018
Treats their employees well; however, leadership is a mixed bag. Day to day good people are trying to do good things. Its a place where if the culture matches your needs an employee can make a career there.
great company, great benefits, poor management
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73102August 5, 2018
the overall mission and values of UMB Bank are ones unmatched in its market. benefits are top quality. advancement in the work place was often overlooked and positions were filled from outside the company. workplace environment was often the most difficult aspect, along with high expectations with little training time of needed skills.
Pros
benefits, companies core values.
Cons
little training with high expectations, potentially a negative workplace enviroment dependent upon your region.
if you're looking for career advancement, this isnt it
Transaction Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 1, 2018
Tax cuts came for all companies and they actually demoted 90% of the staff. Only the few tenured individuals could receive commision bonuses. Dont know how they are still operating.
High paced work environment
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 27, 2018
The first several years were very enjoyable. The company decided to downsize certain branches and I was located at a smaller branch that was being closed so I left because my position was being eliminated.
Pros
Working with public
Cons
Pay was low.
Good Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MOJuly 20, 2018
I didn't have any problems working for UMB Bank, it was a nice place to work. I thought that working at a bank would be scary because of TV but it wasn't bad at all. We did have to try and get people to apply for things and I thought that was hard because we saw the same people over and over, but the job it self was good.
Loan Center
DE Mortgage Underwriter/VA Credit Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2018
They are new to the industry of mortgages so with time they will get better. high turnover in the mortgage division. but it is a great bank overall. Within the next five years they will advance in the mortgage world
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work. Company has a great set of core values and really cares about the employees. Plenty of opportunity to grow withing the company.
OPERATIONS MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here. For the most part I feel they listen to us, the everyday employee. I have been able to advance quickly but yet at my own pace. They give lots of training to ensure success.
Umb bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
My job as a teller was fun and a great learning experience. I just didn't know the rate of pay compared to the cost of living in Denver at the time. I wasn't making enough money to living on my own while I worked there.
Cons
Pay
Banking wasn't a fit for me
Recruiting Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2018
If you enjoy the stiff corporate environment where only acronyms are spoken, then this place is for you. It would be great if they were a little more relaxed and laid back.
Pros
Gives back to the community
Cons
Abundance of holidays
Value Oriented
Credit Card Ops Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2018
UMB is a very value oriented company. They are a family run business that likes to take care of their employees. I had great managers while working at UMB.
Pros
Professional environment, wonderful managers
Cons
Didn't pay enough
Fun and Educational
Card Services Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2018
The training onsite is extensive and you come out of it with a very well rounded elaborate view on banking and credit. The supervisors are very helpful and the positions are flexible and predominately promoted from within.
Pros
flexibility and paid time off
Cons
customers are sometimes experiencing a bad time financially and it can be stressful
Get good at corporate politics
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed my overall experience at UMB. I have many professional friends who still work there and thrive with the new leadership in place. I still see lots of change happening at the company but all for the better!
"Comunity bank feel" but very corporate in reality
CRM (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2018
My experience at UMB left me puzzled with lack of leadership and guidance. If you were not favored by upper management or higher ups you had no chance. They do not care if you want to advance within the company unless you were favored. Very sad ! The products lack and are not competitive to work with, they think their TUCE model will compensate for that and that they have the best customer service in the banking world not. To me this bank is a joke with lack of leadership and lack of technology and what makes it worse is that they are mid size bank (almost as bad as Wells Fargo) that are using technology that Wells use 20 years ago. Beware
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Lack of leadership
it is a wonderful place to work!
Transaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
I learned a lot working at the bank however, I left the company for advancement and hire pay. Its a place where I would love to work again one day! I met a lot of great people!
A working day at UMB
Cashier checks, paying off loans, and more (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2018
I would come in get my register ready for the day, i would assist customer with any cashing needs or financial needs.
I worked the lobby and the drive up constantly at all times.
Pros
A lot of Hispanic customers
Cons
Management and co-workers judge and did not help much
a great place to expand you customer service background
Peronal Banker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 1, 2018
umb is not for the weak, it is for the determined and self starters. you have to be willing to be stretched and pushed. i belive it is a great company to work for.
Amazing employee support
Media Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2018
I felt I worked WITH management not FOR management. I was frequently greeted by name by senior management. They respected what each employee brought to the company.
Pros
Strong support
Cons
Slow to change and poor training opportunities
Great Company
Funds Controller (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2018
They care about their employees. Good work life balance and benefits. many opportunities for growth. Volunteer days are fun. Good people, management tries to help employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMB Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight