UMB Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Umb
Input Processor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2018
Very laid back atmosphere..Good benefits. good place to work for, would recommend it, the benefits and the upper management do a good job to show employees they are appreciated
Pros
Cons
Compensation could improve
good company
PERFORM TRANSFER AGENT ACCOUNTING FUNCTIONS (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2018
This Company is a good Company. This company is in the process of improving the Technology. My job was eliminated because of the need for better and quicker technology. I participated in this testing and had suggestion that improved the procedures.
Pros
Honest and caring company
Cons
Wants and attracts college grads experience is not viewed as a big plus.
Great
Lockbox Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 28, 2018
I really liked working for them. There were a lot of incentives. It was my favorite. It was great team work. By far my favorite job. It was temporary.
handlng monies or customers in a timely an accruate manner.
teller1 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 23, 2018
depositing and withdrawing of monies into and out of customers accounts, helping customers with questions regarding their accounts. Making sure that the customers were helped quickly and accurately with their accounts,
Good place to work. Fund environment.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 20, 2018
Good place to work. Managers are great to work with. I've always been encouraged to work on my self and my education and management has been very nice to work with my school schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Corporate
Nice Job to start financial career
Transaction Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MO 64086September 19, 2018
It was a good job to get my feet wet in the banking industry. There were opportunities to grow, but they were sometimes blocked due to management. The companies morals were excellent and meant much, when they were followed.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Management, Willingness to work
UMB: fair to partly sunny
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2018
Treats their employees well; however, leadership is a mixed bag. Day to day good people are trying to do good things. Its a place where if the culture matches your needs an employee can make a career there.
great company, great benefits, poor management
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73102August 5, 2018
the overall mission and values of UMB Bank are ones unmatched in its market. benefits are top quality. advancement in the work place was often overlooked and positions were filled from outside the company. workplace environment was often the most difficult aspect, along with high expectations with little training time of needed skills.
Pros
benefits, companies core values.
Cons
little training with high expectations, potentially a negative workplace enviroment dependent upon your region.
if you're looking for career advancement, this isnt it
Transaction Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 1, 2018
Tax cuts came for all companies and they actually demoted 90% of the staff. Only the few tenured individuals could receive commision bonuses. Dont know how they are still operating.
High paced work environment
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 27, 2018
The first several years were very enjoyable. The company decided to downsize certain branches and I was located at a smaller branch that was being closed so I left because my position was being eliminated.
Pros
Working with public
Cons
Pay was low.
Good Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MOJuly 20, 2018
I didn't have any problems working for UMB Bank, it was a nice place to work. I thought that working at a bank would be scary because of TV but it wasn't bad at all. We did have to try and get people to apply for things and I thought that was hard because we saw the same people over and over, but the job it self was good.
Loan Center
DE Mortgage Underwriter/VA Credit Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2018
They are new to the industry of mortgages so with time they will get better. high turnover in the mortgage division. but it is a great bank overall. Within the next five years they will advance in the mortgage world
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work. Company has a great set of core values and really cares about the employees. Plenty of opportunity to grow withing the company.
OPERATIONS MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here. For the most part I feel they listen to us, the everyday employee. I have been able to advance quickly but yet at my own pace. They give lots of training to ensure success.
Umb bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
My job as a teller was fun and a great learning experience. I just didn't know the rate of pay compared to the cost of living in Denver at the time. I wasn't making enough money to living on my own while I worked there.
Cons
Pay
Banking wasn't a fit for me
Recruiting Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2018
If you enjoy the stiff corporate environment where only acronyms are spoken, then this place is for you. It would be great if they were a little more relaxed and laid back.
Pros
Gives back to the community
Cons
Abundance of holidays
Value Oriented
Credit Card Ops Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2018
UMB is a very value oriented company. They are a family run business that likes to take care of their employees. I had great managers while working at UMB.
Pros
Professional environment, wonderful managers
Cons
Didn't pay enough
Fun and Educational
Card Services Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2018
The training onsite is extensive and you come out of it with a very well rounded elaborate view on banking and credit. The supervisors are very helpful and the positions are flexible and predominately promoted from within.
Pros
flexibility and paid time off
Cons
customers are sometimes experiencing a bad time financially and it can be stressful
Get good at corporate politics
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed my overall experience at UMB. I have many professional friends who still work there and thrive with the new leadership in place. I still see lots of change happening at the company but all for the better!
"Comunity bank feel" but very corporate in reality
CRM (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2018
My experience at UMB left me puzzled with lack of leadership and guidance. If you were not favored by upper management or higher ups you had no chance. They do not care if you want to advance within the company unless you were favored. Very sad ! The products lack and are not competitive to work with, they think their TUCE model will compensate for that and that they have the best customer service in the banking world not. To me this bank is a joke with lack of leadership and lack of technology and what makes it worse is that they are mid size bank (almost as bad as Wells Fargo) that are using technology that Wells use 20 years ago. Beware
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Lack of leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMB Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight