UMC Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great hospital to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 11, 2018
Great work environment, with room to place your input. Lots of room to grow. People use UMC as a stepping stone in their career or a place to stay since the medical benefits they offer are great.
Team work is the culture here at UMC
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 5, 2018
Great place to work as a registered nurse. Everyone is kind and willing to give their all as it relates to patient care. Administration considers the feelings of their frontline workers and includes them in all activities no matter if you work day or night shift.
Pros
employee achknowlegement
Cons
short breaks
Terrible lower management
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 10, 2018
Good thought process with the culture, but you need to make sure lower management is following it otherwise bad management runs good people off. I experience favoritism, harassment and constant threats from my supervisor.
Pros
Good benefits offered
Cons
Terrible lower management
Patient Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2018
Good place to work paid vacation meal deduction from the cafeteria good management take really good care of the patients. I love my job. Parking is on site.
productive
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 9, 2018
CLEAN ATMOSPHERE, good manager, good hours, loved my patients, and nurse prac., it ws a good location for our patients.Hardest part of job was, leaving at 6pm.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
HEALTH Care
Medical Translator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 17, 2018
I only worked here for a short amount of time. It was a pleasant place to work since I worked from home translating. I enjoyed my time here, it was a nice place to work.
It used to be productive and fun
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2018
Fast paced and always something to learn. The hardest part of the day is any death, especially the loss of a child. the most enjoyable part of the day would be patients being so thankful for their care while sometimes knowing the outcome is not very encouraging.
Pros
A little store where we can purchase items using our ID card.
Cons
Cafeteria food is unchanging
UMC- Lack of Nursing administration leadership
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Nursing Administration lacks the required skills needed to lead an organization. They all need to be fired and replaced with leaders who know what they are doing.
productive
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 6, 2018
it was a very good place to work i really enjoyed it it was fun the day would just fly by as we did our job duties and got things done on time also met allot of great people would do it again one day if i could.
all in all a good place to work
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Merged departments and brought in a new manager and did away with duplicate positions . New manager didn't really know what he was doing he was gone within 2 years.
great place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 6, 2017
The environment is fast paced but everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. It is a great place for entry level jobs to gain experience and work your way up within the company.
Healthy choice of fresh foods.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 22, 2017
As a sandwhich artist I learned awesome technique that are only aquired through working there.I really enjoyed making a beautiful sandwhich . I just love it don't you (eat fresh)!
Great Place to work at!
Surgical Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Starts off great and ends great.
I have learned so much from the instrument room. It is a great place to learn if you want to become a surgical tech or a nurse.
Really like the management, they are good people and understand if you are having trouble.
The best thing is the people. They are so patient when you are learning.
The hardest part of the job is learning all the instruments, but after that it is great.
The best thing besides the employees is the food. You get fed all the time and everyone gets along so well while you are always busy with instruments, carts, pans, cameras, people always calling. If you can handle it, they will make you family. These workers deserve way more credit than they get.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No advancement, pay
Can be very fun at times
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I loved working there till our team leads started to act very rude. Its actually a good job just not when you are pregnant. To much sickness around. But other than that it's ok
Fun
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Operating roomSeptember 13, 2017
Cool and fun outgoing people who are always motivated. Treated patients with excellent care and always put them first. Great pay and benefits for everyone
The respiratory department is not a good place. Work load is horrific. Management is horrible also!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 8, 2017
UMC is a good place but not the Respiratory department. Management is horrible. Too top heavy and unfair. Must belong to a cliche or you get shafted, like the worst assignment.
Stability
FNP-C (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 20, 2017
UMC has been a great place to work. Very stable and friendly environment. Minor improvements can be made but as a whole it's been a good place to work at
Pros
Good people
Awesome job
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 19, 2017
I love working for UMC!! They have done everything to keep me a happy employee!! Their insurance is reasonable and affordable. They work with you and your department to make sure all your needs are satisfied
Alot of work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXMay 30, 2017
Great place to work if you don't mind cleaning. Alot of manual labor. Great place if you like being by yourself. Quiet enjoyable work experience. You work by yourself and get your job done and go home. Nice place to work.
Pros
No one hovering over you.
Cons
Alot of rooms to clean.
Some units great, others not so much
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 16, 2017
I understand from other employees some units are great, unfortunately mine is not one of them. Managers have favorites and aren't afraid to show it. Hide behind "UMC culture" but don't live by it.