UMC Hospital
Happiness rating is 74 out of 100

UMC Hospital Employee Reviews

United States113 reviews

Variety of duties.

Although I didn't belong to the Union, I was protected by the Union Contract.Pension was similar to School teacher/Fire/Police Depts. Great benefits.

Consistent policies Strict work ethicsHoliday closures are not paid

Consistent policies ,strict work ethics Request are easily granted for off daysHoliday closures are not paid Covid rules are CDC recommendations Closely monitored by management

UMC Hospital insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Messy

This was a horrible company to work for there were many clicks and management was very unprofessional. My manager was best friends with my coworker and I got pegged for office gossip which Ultimately resulted in me getting fired even though I was not the one who gossiped.

They are not a good place to work due to them having poor management

Working at UMC was not pleasurable management has poor sense of service to their employees their pay rate is very poor and underrating for people who works hard

Wouldn't recommend

I was treated unfairly, wouldn't recommend this place. You have to decide for yourself what is best for you and your family. Do your research and understand you can be let go at any moment. I truly regret leaving my previous job to work for this company. I actually thought I was going somewhere better and it was worse.

Out patient

Easy job don’t pay well only good if you wanna retire. Low stress job if you just want coast and retire besides that I suggest get a job with more money

Management missed managed

Employes leaving monthly due to unnecessary management action. They like to down play their employees. Instead of properly fixing issues the y believe writing someone up is the answer. I have lost several coworkers due to this. This is not the way to help those that may be over worked and stressed out by unruly patients.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Walking on pins and needles. Being written up for a missed punch which is usually their system issue

Good people

Great company but during transition people panic because jobs was being loss due to company change over.The company changed and I just had a baby postpartum had me gone.

Pros

Great hospital

Cons

During change over, bosses and certain supervisor was only concern for themselves and no one else.

Great place

Pay and benefits amazing. Management is lacking. Patients are terrible. But it’s a county hospital. All in all love the job. Very little turn around so that says something. I would recommend applying to this hospital.

Protocols

Was very misleading. The management time was very rude & nasty to me. Sad one thing in the beginning then changed once I started working. Really felt like they treated me like trash during covid.

Good pay

You get set up to fail. No proper training and when you mess up they question your ability to work. You work countless hours for them and it’s alway you scratching their back but when you need a favor it’s most likely not gonna happen

Communication

Lack of communication. Right hand doesn't talk to the left hand. Management really doesn't care unless it concerns them. I learn depending on who you are will depend on what you can do or not do.

Benefits

Cons

Management only care about themselves, You are mandated to take out 9% of salary for PERS/ retirement

Good county job

The dept was small, about 9 of us. Great crew on every shift and got along with everyone! The management team was ok, just as long as you do your job and come to work!!

Pros

Great crew and cafeteria

Cons

Handing out OT we all should be able to give some.

benefits are great

the retirement benefits are amazing, management not so much, When they do not like you they will come after you. no room for advancement does not go by your knowledge but if they like you or not. The union has gone down hill they are for management.

Pros

excellent benefits

Cons

management and union

It’s a hard job and management doesn’t appreciate the hard working people they have

The job itself is task..But as long as you keep a good work ethic..It can be done successfully.. The problems come in dealing with management.. They will over work you & then turn on you regardless of how much work you put in the company.. If they will get the right management team and get things in order.. The work format will be a much better environment.. But until that gets in order apply at your own risk.. Do your job duties in a timely fashion..& make sure you keep records of your work.. You will do fine just don’t go in head first.. Watch and learn the flow of your management & co-workers.. & if you’re not the kind to leave work on others.. Then you should be able to make a check and go home to your family.. But I can’t promise that others work will not be left on you.. So it’s a win/lose situation with this company

Pros

Cons

It’s every man for themselves

great enviorment

bad part would be covid -19 and the good part is u just wake up everyday and be apart of a working great atmosphere where uu can enjoy your every day life

Excellent leadership and opportunity to advance

I've worked in many different industries and never expected to be in a hospital setting under my current capacity. My co-workers and leaders are of the highest quality in humanities and personal excellence.

Pros

plenty of overtime to be had

Cons

I’ve been here for 12 years and I have gotten along with everyone and saw a lot of people come and go but it has improved

It’s an better place to work now and I personally get along with everyone and the management has improved on the workplace here and the patients did say to me that it’s a better place now

Great place to work and friendly coworkers and employees you meet

Working here is a great place to work for. I enjoy the training and the specialists that take the time to teach and help you learn. Everyone at UMC are very friendly and helpful. Good pay and benefits.

Pros

Helpful staff and coworkers are friendly and helpful

Lots of room for growth and training

UMC is a great place to work. The opportunity to learn new skills and apply for other positions as a nurse is amazing and keeps nursing fresh. This is a teaching hospital and the potential for growth professionally and personally is unmatched.

Pros

The benefits are great

Cons

As the County hospital, there is a high volume of patients

Opportunity for advancement

I don't work here anylonger.When I did work at umc I very much enjoyed my job in the er department. Umc paid for my education while I was working there. From lpn to rn. Gave a supervisor position. Also offered to pay for bsn and even nurse practioner. I decided to leave because they pay male employees that worked as regular staff rn, under my supervision, more than my supervisor salary. This was only unfair thing they did. Hope that has changed in past 20 years.

Pros

Higher education assistance

Cons

Unfair salary for women in same or higher position than men.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMC Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare UMC Hospital with

• UMC Hospital
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?