UMD

Working at UMD: 33 Reviews

Great benefits

Enjoy working here — great benefits and a great place to learn new information and skills. Would recommend joint campus groups and finding ways to connect outside of individual office

Productive most daysgood coworkers

it's a Busy place to work inHardest part is lifting patients from stretcher to treatment table and back againgreat coworkers which I most appreciate

UMD insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

The work itself is varied and interesting.

Clients are surprisingly acute and there are limited local resources for step up treatment. The best part of the work is the variety of presenting issues. There is limited in-house consultation, presenting difficulties in addressing complex treatment protocols. Because of the under-market compensation scheme, there is a challenge in recruiting experienced therapists and an issue with wage compression for current employees. Additionally, there is an expectation of CEU acquisition with a very limited stipend for employees. The tuition remission benefit of employment only applies to undergraduate studies, not professional education.

family owned not easy to work with.

did learn a lot about the rubber and tire machine building part and how much work it takes. not an easy job in any department there you have to roll up sleeves put on your work boots and sweat to earn a pay check also lots of over time will be needed

Pros

good pay

Cons

family owned

Mediocre Job

Working at UMD was a simple job, not very fulfilling but not too bad either. It ranked about the same as working at Walmart as far as experience and routine.

Good place to work.

Great place to work for and they have a great apprenticeship program it a four year program. Once you get use to your way around on campus and the guys your working with all I can say it's a great place to work.

Cons

working at umd wasn't easy for me but it pay me well enough for my hours

working at umd wasn't easy for me but it pay me well enough for my hours. My position at umd was not for everyone, because not everybody can handle that type of heat at the grill.

Lots of fun with something different every day

Was wonderful to be outside all summer growing produce. Every day was different and the manager was great to work with. The coworkers were great and always kept work fun.

Volunteer position

This was a complete volunteer position. I was rewarded with experience in helping people make changes to better their financial life. Also, college credit.

Pros

The people

very friendly and encouraging

working as a Research Assistant is challenging, however, if you are passionate about learning, people there will never save any effort to help you shoot your Academic and professional level. On the personal level the researchers there are friendly and very helpful. As for the labs and the facilities there, almost every thing is up to date and the laboratories are well equipped with the latest devices needed for scientific Research. To sum Up, the UMD can be considered the place of your choice to pursue your career!

Pros

friendly colleagues and warm working atmosphere

Cons

low stipend rate

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UMD?

They went out of business

Out of business. Poorly managed and went out of business years ago. It was stressful and most could see we wouldn't make it and they left earlier than I did.

Pros

Cons

Everything else

University of Maryland is a great place to work and learn

University of Maryland is a great place to work and learn. I didn't have much fun in the area, it was a tad depressing. With Washington D.C 30 minutes there are other places to go though.

Easy going and fun workplace

Typical day at work was enjoyable. I learned a lot about leadership and how to communicate between students, coworkers, staff, and management. The major issue of the job was the high turnover rate of supervisors.

Pros

Free usage of facilities

Cons

Few in-services

Good platform to improvise and learn new things

Good Company to learn new things, open to ideas, individuality booster, Good customers to meet, very good working environment, Good for freshers,

UMD 24 shop

A typical day at work would be greeting the customer's and cleaning the areas. Restocking the drinks and food. Counting all the money I made for that day.

Very flexible hours provided for students

I loved my experience working here. It was a flexible schedule that allowed me to work, attend class, and then go back to work. Coworkers were very friendly and made the experience better. Management worked very hard to accommodate employees' schedules and other concerns.

Pros

Warm environment, flexible schedule

Cons

Returning to school earlier than everyone else; low pay

It's such a wonderful place

I just love this place. The professors are very supportive and my colleagues are very kind and helpful too. It's been a great experience this far and I am learning new things almost everyday. So much to learn and grow. You just can't ask for more.

ambiente laboral agradable

es un lugar pequeño con un ambiente agradable de trabjo, os compañeros son un gran apoyo laboral, lo que me gusta es que los jefes son comprensivos, lo que no me gusta es q no puedo subir de nivel y percibir un mejor salario.

Pros

buen ambiente de trabajo

Cons

no hay hora de comida y no hay puestos para escalar

exploring india

provide good service and good environmental and also giving good services to the patients.and providing more facility.i have alot facilities in umd .but they giving low salary

Pros

health benifits

Cons

time managment

Fun learning enviornment, hands on experience

Being a part of the Marketing Analytics program has been the highlight of college for me. I get the chance to work with real life sales data and develop my teamwork and presentation skills. I have met many people who will be friends for life.

Productive and fun place to work

I enjoyed my time at Capstone Corporation/UMD Housing. I learned something knew everyday and enjoyed working with a teriffic group of people

Pros

social interaction

Cons

the drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about UMD in popular locations

UMD reviews by popular job title

• UMD