UMN Employee Reviews

Educator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 7, 2019
Attentive and effective management. Management is readily available and easy to work with.

Reasonable hours and compensation. The staff works with you to accommodate your schedule.
Cons
Challenging workplace culture.
Diversity / Inclusive
Finance and Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
Working with EFS (Peoplesoft) finance system and support purchasing cycles of the department/team working with finance professionals at the University of Minnesota.
Supportive environment
Capital Planning and Project Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 29, 2016
A good supportive environment for students and professionals alike to exercise skills surrounding the maintenance and design process of infrastructure at a big 10 campus.
Great learning environment
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2015
The University of Minnesota is a great place to work. Friendly stuff and professors, helpful and nice people all around. I really enjoy the people and working environment here at the U.
Challenging and fun Chemistry
Directed Research, Carr Research Group (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNOctober 6, 2012
Members in this group are dedicated to address some most challenging problems in the field of analytical chemistry. Very co-operative and helpful. I have learned so such about several techniques that are not related to what I was doing as part of my research. Chemical synthesis, testing columns on modern 2D-HPLC equipment, analyzing data, trouble shooting the instrumentation problems, are some interesting work I do on regular basis.
Pros
analytical chemistry skills, trouble shooting instrumentation problem skills
Cons
have to work with very hazardous chemicals