UMOM New Day Centers Employee Reviews

Very satisfying to work for
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
I loved being able to bring in clothes from outside resources, hang them and be able to give someone that boost of confidence with their outfit. The people were friendly and humble.
Poor and Unqualified Management
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2018
This company has very good intentions, however, management within different parts of this company are not qualified members. They tend to not be leaders themselves and want to try to lead other people. Those two do not go together. Employees are all for themselves and are not team players. It tend to be cut throat.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Healthcare, management leadership and income
The company is a good company
Resident Services Liaison (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2017
The mission for this company is amazing. The things and opportunities for the families is great. My department was very unorganized and ultimately i lost my job and i truly believe they did not know what they wanted from me so i was terminated.
Great learning experiece
Shelter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 25, 2017
learned a lot. it was a great experience. the first time i truly realized i wanted to become a social worker and help people on a greater scale. i met some extrodinary women and families there.
Caring agency dedicated to ending homelessness.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85008November 21, 2017
Agency constantly assessing the needs of the community and how to better serve those experiencing homelessness. Not afraid to make huge decisions that affect the agency and the people served. Willing to take risks to improve the lives of women, children, families, and youth. Striving daily to keep a positive and happy work culture. Appreciation shown in many ways to the staff. Saw a trend for transparency keeping staff in the know of changes to come and why.
Great people, supportive atmosphere, interested in personal and professional development of staff. Lots of efforts to match staff to their gifts.
Pros
Dedicated staff with clear mission
Cons
Wearing lots of hats to get the job done
Ok
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2017
Great organization that provides so much for the community, but very low pay for the quality and amount of work individuals do. After they took over new programs they slowly began transitioning the employees and replacing them with lower quality employees that accepted less pay.
Overall i would give this company a 2.5 star average if i could.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2017
Overall i would give this company a 2.5 star average if i could. I only been with umom for less than a year and i have seen 60% cons and 40% pros. Don't get me wrong I love the population who I serve and work for but it's hard to work for a company who doesn't acknowledge nor defends their employees.
In recent timing they have shut down two or three different facilities because of funding issues so that means that leaves staff without jobs pretty much so.

Pros:
-You have a reason to work for the population you serve.
-HR responds in adequate time
-(somewhat)flexible with schedule

Cons:
- management does not defend their staff
-pay is not good
-no room for advancement, all favouritism thats your only way to move up
-benefits ok to a certain extent
-UNDER STAFF and staff is blamed for the programs mishaps/down falls
-overall a mess cant keep staff to save their lives(3 programs shut down in 2-3 months leaving a good amount of people unemployed im sure, another program had 5 people quit in 2weeks time frame, losing a contract with one of the biggest vendors to help staff them, etc) All this in 2-3months and less time frame.
the work is rewarding
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2017
I am grateful to have experienced the rewarding job of caring for toddlers at this location. The work was beyond rewarding. The management was inexperienced to say the least.
not a great place to work
Lead Cook/Catering (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Unfortunately there is no room for growth or advancement. they have a huge turnover rate currently there are 40+ openings , I feel they do not care about there employees.. they as soon show you the door .than try n resolve issues.
Pros
great paid holidays
Cons
not employee oriented
Great training
Barista Training/Customer Service/Food Handling (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2017
Great training , I am a resident who received job training. Umom has three job training specialties, barista, chef, retail. Nothing more to add here.
Fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
Management was always willing to accommodate my needs. I was able to apply my skills on a daily bases and learn new techniques. The hardest part of the job was the getting accustomed to the new work environment on the first week, but the staff team was great at making me feel welcomed.
Pros
Staff team involvement and management flexibility
Cons
Short breaks
Very positive work environment
Housing Stability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
Positive work environment and intersects with multiple aspects of social work. Management makes great efforts to show appreciation to staff. The only cons are the pay could be higher and lack of opportunity for promotion in certain fields.
Pros
staff appreciation, no micro managing, positive environment
Cons
pay, building needs upgrades, little opportunity for promotion
Respected & Compassionate Company Doing Great Work in the Community
Resident Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
I have truly enjoyed my time at UMOM. We are working with extremely vulnerable populations and doing our best to end their homelessness every day. The staff at UMOM are caring, compassionate and hard working. It's a tough job but we work together & even find time to laugh along the way!
An Unorganized Organization
Resident Advisor & Assistant (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZJune 13, 2017
Very Flexible, as far as schedules come, theres usually 3 shifts spanning across the day. The administration looks down on lower positions (you). There is a lot risk of danger with the type of clients you work with. But besides being dangerous it can be fun & "chill" at times. High Turn over rate & Bed Bugs. Night Night, Beware of awful bed bug bites.
Pros
flexible schedules & new people to meet
Cons
pay, endangerment & Bed Bugs
Great productive healthcare
Shelter Supervisor/ Crisis (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
Scheduling patients for chemotherapy throughout hospice care.
, setting up appointments in meeting with family going over patients
. Entering patients information into a log preparing the patient for hospice care
Best place I've ever worked
Family Support Liaison (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
This agency was awesome. The people I worked with were good people, From Case Manager to Administration to Maintenance, This agency is here to end homelessness. Great Benefits as well. If you want to be a part of something special, join UMOM
Pros
awesome people, great benefits
Cons
location
Wouldn't know?
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2017
I worked for tumbleweed, as the maintenance manager for 9 months umoms is taking over now and promised me my position was safe. Now I'm unemployed with no explanation.
Pros
Nice to your face
Cons
Company could be so much better
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2017
Terribly run non-profit. A 20 million dollar budget, with horrible facilities (think roaches, rat, and mice crawling around your office), unqualified management that holds grudges and attacks employees, and people leaving after their first day because the experience is so negative.
Pros
Pretty good benefit plan
Cons
Micromanged with no support, disgusting working conditions, no technology
Great start.
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2017
Great place where I gained so much training and essentially learned to be the teacher that I am today. The company as a whole underwent many changes as my time there progressed that made it at times challenging.
Productive place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at UMOM, I gained great experience working here and it is a great work environment and great co workers. It's a challenging place.
Pros
Good Co workers
Cons
Pay could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMOM New Day Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

UMOM New Day Centers Reviews by Location