Umpqua Bank Employee Reviews

Life at Umpqua
VP Private bank credit manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 30, 2018
Excels at telecommuting. Has no issues with geography. Excellent community support for team members that are generally active and engaged. Work/life balance can be an issue depending on what function of the bank you work in, but generally an excellent employer.
High Pressure Sale Culture
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 30, 2018
Job originally hired for an operational position which was changed after 45 days of employment to a high pressured sales position. Unreasonable goals and highly micromanaged. Management uses intimidation, humiliation and fear tactics as motivators. 5 of the 6 staff members quit in 9 months. Cold calling is the culture as well as Wells Fargo like sales tactics.
Pros
Incentive Pay
Cons
No scheduled breaks. Salary adjustments
Friendly Local Bank
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 25, 2018
The front lines of the Bank try to exemplify the mission statement of “World’s Greatest Bank” in earnest. Most everyone I interact with tends to be genuinely pleasant and customer focused. Unfortunately, upper management is dominated by old white guys and the boys’ club attitude that comes with that. And the age gap developing leaves a lot to be desired in terms of inter-office discourse.
enjoyed my mananger and co-workers
Universal Associate (Former Employee) –  Riggins, IDOctober 11, 2018
Enjoyed meeting all Umpqua Bank employees, great interaction. Excellent health benefits and 401k plans. paid volunteer hours to help local community.
Pros
paid volunteer hours for community
Great Company
DIGITAL CLIENT ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 3, 2018
For the majority of my experience, this company cares about the employees and continues to do what is best for the employees and their customers. There is always room for improvement though.
Pros
Work/life Balance
Cons
Promotes Volunteering although it is difficult to get time off to do so!
Nice people
Branch Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WASeptember 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working with all the people in the office, they were always willing to help with any questions I had. The one on one training could be a little longer especially for a person new to the industry.
productive very quiet place
CEA-Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Arbuckle, CASeptember 19, 2018
I learned a lot of new things working here, meet lots of wonderful customers. Management wasn't too great, a lot of racism going on that made me feel really uncomfortable. Overall everything else was great!
Pros
Great people & benefits
Cons
Bad management
Small friendly bank
Universal Associate I (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CASeptember 10, 2018
Their motto is worlds greatest bank, and try to teach all the employees to think that way and provide the best service they can to customers in every aspect of the company.
Strong Culture Under Attack
Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2018
Umpqua Bank has a strong brand with a withering culture. There is a great group of individuals who are holding this company together. The Bank has some great inspirational leaders looking at how to bring it around from an old school "Relationship in Person" bank to a modern digital enabled experience.

I truly support the vision and hope they thrive and are not picked up in an acquisition.
Pros
culture, commitment to community
Cons
stressful change of leadership
Typically understaffed with stressful goals pushed out
Treasury Management Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 23, 2018
Work demand highly outweighs staff abilities without causing high stressful environments and creates a sense of need to work additional hours or cut breaks short for free as management doesn't understand the staff can't complete all duties assigned in a standard work day.
Poor Management
Deposit Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 22, 2018
Management was out of the loop on day to day operations. Management not know how to solve problems when they came up. Unsupportive Manager with terrible time management skills.
summary
LOAN ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORAugust 22, 2018
Very cut throat and everyone is trying to beat the other person to a management position. The management in the Roseburg area is terrible and leadership is less than desirable.
Company Review
Loan Closing Associate for Multifamily Division (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 20, 2018
This company is an up and growing bank with some great management team in the multi family division however the company has communication issue between departments.
Pros
They have momo which is a teams motivations moment every morning
Cons
Lack of communication within departments and many system issues
Day at umpqua
Universal associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97239August 16, 2018
It is really nice, the culture is nice, i feel like the pay can be a bit better, overrall pretty good company i do enojy working here, it is si much better than the bigger banks
Mixed emotions
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 15, 2018
Many cultural items are discussed for treating all with kindness and thoughtfulness. However, there is a major disconnect with this mode of company interaction from the senior level management to front line employees.
Love working here
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2018
Umpqua Bank is a great company to work for, the culture here is amazing. We focus on customers and build a relationship with them, we get to know who they are.
loved this company
Proofer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 1, 2018
The work was fast but easy. We learned multiple functions in our area and it was great. It was one of those jobs that, even-though the tasks were the same everyday, it was a different job everyday.
Working for Umpqua
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 26, 2018
I cant rave about this bank enough. I love our culture, and our hand in the communities we serve. I love that Umpqua pays its employees to help out in the community through volunteer work.
Wonderful Bank
Universal Associate (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 24, 2018
Umpqua Bank is a wonderful bank to work for, I have worked for other banks and Umpqua really stands out. Takes time to give back to the community, really emphasizes great work ethic. Everyone was always cheerful and happy and extremely helpful!
World's greatest bank?
Universal Associate III (Former Employee) –  Copperopolis, CAJuly 23, 2018
If the first half of my employment there, It was amazing. After the second merger, culture was lost and never found. During my time there, I went thru three mergers. My favorite thing was the culture, I loved my job, once they lost sight of community, customers got frustrated. It was hard on the customers, it's STILL very frustrating going into the bank today.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unrealistic monetary and sales goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Umpqua Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight