UMR

UMR Reviews with Jobs

United States100 reviews

UMR insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Good reliable place to work

The company is good to work for. They provide the training that you need to be successful at your job. The industry itself is stressful and ever changing.

If you’re a minority, just stay away

Very little recognition in this company. They will over capacitate you and expect all of the work to be done in 8 hours. If not, they’re gonna send you all sorts of angry emails. Leadership doesn’t care.

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

Lack of support/ lack of resources/ overwork employees with unequal pay

Strong executive leadership group

Enjoyed my near 20 years there. Promotions and advancements my entire career. Retired leading a department of the company. The current and prior CEO have/had a great interest in me as a person not just another employee

Pros

Pay and benefits

no weekend work

I worked nights and no weekends which was great work life balance. There was no overtime in my department for most of us. There was one person who worked ot every day. the on going training was done by wether or not the person doing the training liked you. I often did not get reviews because of time constraints same with training.

Pros

great work life balance

Cons

no overtime

Management was horrible

Raises at this company were a joke 30 cents a year....benefits were weak and management used and abused people constantly. Managers constantly piled other people's work on you and would punish you if you needed to take a day off.

Pros

Cons

No sick pay, promotions were few, management was horrible and careless, compensation waa way less then all the work you do there and constant harrassment

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Claims/Customer Service

This job requires a lot of patience due to a high stress environment. You are expected to to answer incoming calls from angry customers about one or more claims that got denied or didn’t get paid. Remote work and flexible scheduling is a bonus.

Pros

Remote work, flexible schedule

Cons

Excessive OT, too much work, not enough time

Great leadership

Leadership really cares about their employees and support their happiness and development. They hire people based on skills and experience, and they will even inconvenience themselves to get you to where you want to go in your career.

Pros

Innovative company

Cons

Not a lot of field exposure due to Covid-19

Fast pace, good place to work.

Management is pretty good. Have to love your job to keep up with all the constantly changing information needed to perform your job. Management is good at making sure that the information is where you need it and is willing to help with anything that is needed to succeed in the position. Your biggest criticizer at this job, is yourself.

Pros

willing to work with you for any needs that is needed to perform accurately in my position.

Cons

A lot of knowledge that is constantly changing to obtain.

Just don't

I have never been to prison but I feel it would be much like working at UMR. After 6 weeks of classroom training you are put on the floor. You are to "check/clock" in and you are on the clock until your day is done. Everything is timed, even restroom breaks. I was told by my supervisor that I was in the restroom too long at one point..... I asked the same supervisor a work related question and she had no idea, asked me to ask one of the leads. I was a nervous wreck the entire time I worked there. Same supervisor came in late almost daily and left early or "worked from home" and was unavailable most of the day. Bad experience all around.

Pros

Job Advancement is possible

Cons

Low pay, terrible hours, stressful, benefits are awful, you work Holidays, you are just a number to them

A great place to work

Excellent benefits package including healthcare and stock options. Local management are excellent and do whatever they can to help me reach my immediate and long-term goals. If I could do one thing to improve the company, it would be to make the job function policy guidelines clearer. Overall, UMR is a great place to work and I would recommend it as a career path.

Great Advancement

UMR has great advancement opportunities and training to help you succeed. Several job opportunities to work remote and offer a family friendly environment.

Great place to work, advancement opportunity.

Great place to work, advancement opportunity. The training programs are thorough and incentives for good work are nice. The ability to work from home is very attractive.

Was nice working from home

The people I worked within the office were great and they made it fun. From the day I started, I was trying to learn so many things and over the course of a year my quality was not up there(97.0) as I was always under by half a point or a point. I was put on disciplinary action so many times and as a result, had the manager threaten me with firing so many times. She finally did today after 2 years(I let out a sigh of relief). There is no help or sense of being in a team environment. I received no pay increase for 2 years either. You could give your right arm for this company and they wouldn't care as it was about the quality(which is way too high) and the numbers. Just when you got used to something, they changed it again. A very stressful job indeed.

Great benefits and opportunities for advancement

I truly enjoyed my job at UMR. My position was suddenly eliminated and I am no unemployed, or I would never have left. I worked from home and had a flexible schedule. I had wonderful PTO benefits, as well as great health, dental, and vision insurance. The employee assistance program was wonderful and offered mental health benefits as well as fertility benefits, both of which I took advantage of. I was very disappointed to lose my job with this company.

Not enough training

They do not provide enough training to do the adjustments that you are expected to do between calls. They do not give enough time to get your work done correctly. They don't care if adjustments or claims are paid on time or ever.

Production

No time off in January and a lot of phone calls need to be there and not be late. there is different hrs every day as a CFR until you are a hybrid. Do not miss any time in the first 90 days. you can make bonus money for making the incentive #

Stable and supportive work environment

Stable and supportive work environment. Opportunity to grow. Flexibility to work from home. Management that is supportive. This company has been growing and continues to grow quite a bit.

Cfr

Received 7 weeks of training then you were sent down to a cubicle. Your work day was mostly coding unless there was a meeting. I do not feel that my training was complete and got frustrated because it seemed every time I turned around I was meeting with my supervisor over some of the strangest things.

Always busy. full-time hours and good pay.They do offer benefits.The most enjoyable part of the job is i am able to work from home which is a benefit.

Worse company I have ever worked for

Training was horrible trainer did not have control of class, she had no patience when you would ask a question. Once you are on the floor the support is not there. My supervisor and lead act as if they do not want to be bothered. Speak to you like you are stupid. I was actually told I cannot dummy it down for you and you have 3 choices get it quit or we fire you.... not the way to speak to people. Feel as if set you up for failure. My first week of speaking to coworkers 98% had been there less than a year. I now know why. Huge turn over. I don’t suggest this company at all!!! Benefits are very expensive.

Do not recommend

If you love the corporate world then this is the place for you. However, this was not the case for me. Management did not handle internal situations properly or in a timely manner.

Common questions about UMR

Answered by current and former employees at UMR

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UMR
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?