UNC Health Care
Information from UNC Health Care:

UNC Health Care Employee Reviews

United States1,125 reviews
Found 1,125 reviews matching the search
A typical day at work is making sure that the job is done right and satisfaction....... It also provides everyone with the opportunity to initiate change and to grow on a professional and personal aspect. It also promotes openness and encourages your employees to voice their opinions and chase after the values they believe in. – It creates satisfied employees and increases productivity. Collaboration. “I love my job because everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission. Work-Life Balance. I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. .. I like the autonomy I have because my bosses allow me to innovate. ... Sometimes my job can be Challenging because of patients being sick but that is what were here for to help our sick patients and that is what I love about my job, being able to communicate and understand where there coming from and hearing about there illness, but it is also sad, but I still try to make them happy and smile and the look forward to seeing me again on there next appointment.
Pros
We get time off whenever needed, when able to be a PRN Employee
Cons
Breaks are sometimes short but enough of time to eat
There is potential for improvement as a facility but it is hampered by micromanaging of administrators and impotent executive leadership. The staff are always searching for jobs elsewhere, there is little consistency, and the leadership is reactionary rather than anticipatory. The staff love to care for their patients but they feel that they lack the tools or support to do so. A pizza party does not replace needed PPE in a high risk department.
Pros
High level of support among clinical peers
Cons
Leadership is locked in a perpetual state of micromanagement/“good old boy” system
Learned a lot from the team! Excellent organization and high standards for excellence! Dedicated to the patient and the staff having an excellent experience.
Pros
Education
Cons
Siloed in some jobs
Muy buen lugar para trabajar, muchos beneficios, un lugar muy profesional y buenísimo para pacientes con cualquier enfermedad se lo recomiendo a todo aquel que se quiere tratar cualquier padecimiento, y como en todo trabajo hay muy buenos compañeros pero también hay de los que te ven trabajar como burro y no les importa , los supervisores apoyan al que no hace Nada nada
Pros
Muy buen lugar con buenos beneficios
Cons
Los supervisores no te apoyan, no te escuchan
Pro-Lots of things to learn, fair pay. Pharmacy department is a mess. There is no management. Cliqueness among pharmacists, worse among techs. Scheduling is based on favoritism. Department is unprofessional. I wouldn't let a friend work here. Tech's will lie in order to make you look bad. Toxic environment, I give management zero stars.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Working for a company, putting your all in, working extra hours to help out and then being treated like you don’t matter. They look at how long you’ve been there, not what kind of work you do. I suggest if you do get a job here, you do the bare minimum to get you by so you can earn your years of employment because hard work gets you no where! You get passed up for so many things just because you’re “new”. You can be there for 3-5 years and still be considered new. So when you see the ones who have been there for 10 plus years looking “lazy”, just know that they got the right idea because you don’t get far by doing work, you get far by longevity!
Pros
Insurance is basically free
Cons
Poor management, poor human resource department, poor everything.
I have been with UNCPN going on 4 years and I must say I enjoy working here . They have many opportunities for growth and an open door policy without any prejudice . Great pay and offers flexibility
Great to work for related to benefits, job satisfaction, honesty and salary. Very flexible with work life and home life. The organization is willing to listen to staff and be flexible when ever possible.
Pros
Trust worthy
Cons
Parking
I go in a 0645 and I receive my assignment for the day. Before the day gets busy, I stock up all the rooms and then I assist the nurses and doctors with whatever is needed to provide optimal care to the patients
Pros
Very positive atmosphere
Cons
Some patients aren’t the nicest
Managers play favoritism. Everyone talks about you. Ghetto. They dont follow the rule book for anything. Some people dont follow the schedule and get away with it while others suffer when they dont show up. Dont call out of work because u wont have coverage to cover you. You will pick up everyone else slack while they get on you whenever they feel your job isnt done.
Pros
Bonus, Employee loan, Credit union building
Cons
No room to succeed favoritism dont follow rules
Flexible hours, job security, allows to further your education, comes with benefits, pay for parking, work with a diverse group of people, paid every 2 weeks
There are continuing opportunities to enhance the patient care experiences with skill building sessions, workshops, webinars, and e-learning. It’s Satisfying!
Management has recently underwent reorganization and appears to be more in tune with one another which makes the office an easier place to be though there is a lot of jealousy among their administrative support and it causes a lot of tension.
Great benefits, great work environment
I spend most of my work days supervising the salad unit in the main kitchen. Most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and co-workers.
I love the way that UNC HEALTHCARE also is a University as well as an healthcare facility. It allows for research studies; diversity location are growing in North Carolina.
As a volunteer, you will help whoever you are assigned to and will be in contact with a variety of patients. Be sure you have good people skills and can carry a conversation.
UNC hospitals at Chapel Hill is the State hospital. The benefits are great! The pay is wonderful! You can pick up as much over time as you'd like up to 60 hours. They let you pick up on other units as long as it is within your scope.
With the exception of 8 bedtower; UNC strives for greatness! AVOID 8 BEDTOWER.

If you work day shift you have to park at an offsite location, PAY to park at the offsite location and then get on a crowded bus to get to work.

If you work night shift you can park on campus but have to PAY to park.

Minimum wage at UNC is $15 an hour. Anyone who works there is making at least $15 an hour! That is AMAZING! They value their employees and show it. The diversity is great too! I've worked with people from all types of backgrounds! It amazes me how diverse 1 location can be!
Nothing to add ever horrible place to work. Dont consider working there. Horible mgmt prejudice against minorities. Sneaky liars try to trap employees and set them up too fail
It is not a good place to work don't give a dam about co workers. It suppose to be do your own schedule will change your schedule won't tell you don't care if you have something to do cause you don't know what going on with someone if they have a love one to take care of just change your schedule cause they want to also they post jobs that they never will hire you they are not fair at all
This company was a company that hired only the qualified and expected exceptional service. That I loved the most because that is what I am. I enjoy working for this company and I will look forward to new endeavors as well.
You get to work with different people everyday, building relationships with many co-workers and easy to have a good time while working! Accommodating with schedules as well!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNC Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UNC Health Care.