UNC Health Care Employee Reviews

A typical day
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at work consist of cleaning common areas, nurses station, bathrooms and discharges as needed. Emptying trash and mopping walkways upstairs and in the dining rooms.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
hours
Patient Services Manager III (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 13, 2018
Challenging and full of collaboration among multidisciplinary teams. Currently the manager of the Rapid Response Team, ICU Transport Team, and the Venous Access Team and have diversity in patient care with nurse driven teams.
Great place to work for ! Great benefits and great leaders that help and support the employees and train for employees to accomplish any task
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 11, 2018
Love working for UNC Healthcare ! Great company to work for , great leaders , manages and supervisors to work with and for !!!! Love to work one on one with supervisors and managers in King and working with providers and nurses , love going an extra mile assisting patients and ensuring that every patient is treated with love care and respect, love to assist patients and creen patients for Medicaid assistance fas well as financial assistance, love working Obtaining authorization s for patients ya to have medical imaging exams and advising patients ya of out f pocket expenses for upcoming services such as surgeries , imaging , injection or any medical visit, etc.-
Great Culture
HCS-IT Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 11, 2018
I work with and support great people. I don't think the pay is fair given experience and the pay can vary from person to person performing the same job, with or without experience. The pay ranges are too broad and overlapping.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
A lot of the IT work performed can be done from home.
Phenomenal place to work
RN CLINICAL NURSE II (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 2, 2018
This company upholds its employees to a high standard and expect exceptional care to be provided to all patients and their loved ones. This is a wonderful organization to work for.
UNC is a comfortable work enviornment.
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 1, 2018
Staff is overall friendly makes UNC a pleasure to work for. UNC offers a opportunities for advancement and learning. A typical day can be very busy but co worker are very helpful if you begin to feel overwhelmed.
Good health system
Staff Nurse, full time (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 29, 2018
My experience was very long ago but UNC health system continues to be a comprehensive and charitable hospital for the people of NC. It sees a lot of residents of NC and is a key health player in our state.
Internship review
ISD SECURITY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 23, 2018
I was working under the PRIME internship which also took people who weren't in college. A relaxed place to work with lots of help when needed. Another intern and I were tasked to implement a better security measure for people who have work emails on non work phones.
Sterile Processing
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 21, 2018
High volume work place, fast paced, fun, you will learn a lot fast here because they ask you to work all over the department and cross train you to make sure you can fulfill any job task for that day.
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work, I've learned how to develop great customer service, UNC culture is very diverse and makes sure that everyone is treated the same, not being able to find a resource to help the patient with a high balance is hard, and being able to help a patient have a enjoyable visit is the most enjoyable.
UNC Health Care
Administrative Associate, UNC Healthlink (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 16, 2018
The biggest problem that I see working at UNC over the last 10 years is that. Too many people in Management that do not belong in it. They are not qualified and do not know how to treat the employees. And UNC underpays in comparison to other hospitals.
Great Opportunity
Certified Personal Trainer, Wellness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 15, 2018
Thank you to the team at UNC (REX) Health Care. Start of my career out of college. I started as an intern through East Carolina University and was hired on after graduated.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Surgical TechnologistSeptember 14, 2018
The hospital is a good place to work. This is a teaching hospital so you come in contact with residents/fellows, etc. Have a great attitude and you can go far.
Fthsdfg
NC-Special Procedures/CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 12, 2018
I like working here. its a great placer and i was paid fairly. I learned a lot working here and would recommend this job to anyone looking for a carrer in the north carolina area.
Pros
Fgh
Cons
Sdfh
UNC Hospitals was a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers when I worked at UNC. Even though the medical field ended up not being for me, the environment was always good and they only hired people who truly cared about providing excellent care for patients.
Great Learning Experience in healthcare
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 7, 2018
A productive learning experience with one on one patient interactions great dependable coworkers from all backgrounds and nationalities which makes it a great working environment.
Pros
life/work balance
Cons
patient/staff ratio
job review
LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Siler City, NCSeptember 7, 2018
I love my job. we are a great team, we work well together and we love our patients. coming to work is not a chore and the pay is pretty decent. the hardest part is waking up early.
Productive and fun workplace
CCMA (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 5, 2018
I have been with UNC Rex has an MA for almost 3 years now and plan to never leave! This is a great company to work for. They really care about staff.
Pros
Great group of people, pay is good
Cons
Not much clinical work mostly admin for MAs, no room for promotion unless you become a nurse
Stable work place
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 4, 2018
No problems. I know things can be better but, I think it's going in the right direction.Maybe I am one of those who rarely complain. I try to look at things in a positive manner.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Teamwork with co-workers
great job
Manager, Financial Assistance Unit (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 4, 2018
good environment and people to work with were very pleasant and enjoyable and sense of community. Decent pay and time off and vacation. Positive experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNC Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight