UNC Health Care Employee Reviews

typical day at work depending upon whom I was under was stressful and non compliant with guidelines as stated within the employee handbook.
Production Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 7, 2018
My over summary of my employ with UNC is a bad experience because of the department I was employed under and certain things that happened on the job in which I was forced into resignation.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, possible retirement options.
Cons
Treatment by people in the position of authority over others
Great Job to get my foot in the door with the establishment.
Hospital Aide/Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 5, 2018
Patient transport was a great job that worked with your schedule. They provide the opportunity to grow within the department. Very team oriented. Great management.
Productive and busy ED
Staff/Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 3, 2018
I was introduced to the ED here and fell in love with it. We worked together as a team and everyone pitched in. I learned so much about emergency nursing and loved learning and growing
Pros
Teamwork
Great Place to Work
Promotion - Equipment/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Management was awesome and work/life balance was good. Also had good benefits and pay was fair. They are good about promoting from within.
Workplace
RN (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 28, 2018
UNC Hospitals is a teaching hospital and definitely a hospital for a new nurse to learn everything he or she needs to know to advance their career. UNC offers every type of situation a nurse will need and gives nurses the opportunity to decide which field will be the perfect fit.
Pros
Culture / Variety of opportunities
Cons
Work / life balance can become overwhelming to new nurses
Unc
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 27, 2018
Love working for UNC. Great Job. Would love to continue working for the company. But had to transfer over to Wake Forest. The company works well with the employees
Fun enviorment
Population Health Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisille NCNovember 27, 2018
I enjoy working for UNCPN. The people are fun to work with and I have an opportunity to work in the INR Clinics. I don't have a normal 9-5, the flexibility is awesome.
Pros
Flexable schedule and hours
Cons
no overtime
Productive work environment, plenty of opportunity to learn something new.
Information Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 27, 2018
The typical day consists of completing costumer submitted tickets consisting of item adds/changes and price changes. Morning huddles discussing issues currently or those to come. Management have an open door policy that allows your opinion to be heard.
Pros
Learning opportunities and open door policy
Cons
Opportunity to grow within the company
Stepping Stone
Professional Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 26, 2018
This is an ideal place to work to utilize this as a stepping stone in your career development. There are resources within the training and development department that can enhance your skill sets such as diversity leadership training.
Awesome
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 22, 2018
Great place to work, outstanding management team, great hours, awesome pay, and staff is great. Overtime if you chose, paid time off. Discounts available for various activities.
Good benefits but not a good management on some departments
IMAGING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  2460 Curtis Ellis Dr Rocky Mount,NC 27804November 17, 2018
Everyday we have to way for our duties to be email by our supervisor, the job is not difficult at all but the environment is very tense due to micromanagement.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Micromanagement
Great place to work.
Assessment Counselor / Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 6, 2018
This was a great organization to work for. Management was always approachable and supportive of staff. There was a good variety of clinical experiences and working in multiple areas.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Schedule at times
Productivew work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 6, 2018
I worked here as an intern and was very pleased with the workplace. I was paid fairly and was able to learn a lot. With my ultimate career goal being nursing it was a great stepping stone.
You Better Be a Liberal To Work Here
Human Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 5, 2018
Or you betteer be ready to stuff your beliefs. This is definitely a left wing culture. Don't know if non-liberals get a fair shake, but I do know I had to lay low and even then had a hard time.
Pros
Good superficial reputation
Cons
Red tape, hard left wing cultural expectations
Needs improvements
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 4, 2018
There’s room for improvement left because 12hr shifts was a bit too much for food Service and then they started cutting hours but still hiring more people it turned out to be a mess
Pros
Cons
Charging for everything and overpriced
Satisfaction because of interacting with and helping people
Safety/Security Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 31, 2018
A typical day at work is answering incoming phone calls helping people and interacting with co-workers, overhead paging doctors and making sure on-call scheduling reports are correct. These are the hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job.
over all the compay is a good place to work
EKG Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 27, 2018
it is very good company, very safe and friendly work place. the job load is bearable. it is really fun to work with the cardiovascular department team.
very disappointing
LPN (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 23, 2018
this was not the right fit for me as I believe that when I go above and beyond it should be acknowledged and remembered. It was obvious that much was expected in the give department and none in the take.
it was all productive, must be calm and focus on details. sometime you will miss lunch due to priorities.
Supply Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 21, 2018
The overall work within the team was excellent, I left because there was no advancement opportunity.
The job was very demanding but the remuneration was below the expectation
I loved working there
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 17, 2018
Fun place to work, with excellent benefits and a chance to grow and move up in your field of expertise. I would recommend to anyone its a great place to work
Pros
discount plans, Pto, off weekeneds
Cons
short lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNC Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight