UNC Rex Healthcare Employee Reviews

UNC Rex Healthcare
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2018
UNC Rex Healthcare is a great hospital. I love my co-workers and what I do, but it really depends on the department you work in. I have worked in 2 departments of the operating room and the team leaders in both departments are not the greatest to work for. They care more about themselves and the Drs than they care about how overworked and exhausted their staff is. It shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately sometimes it is.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and beautiful new Heart Hospital
Cons
Don't always get appropriate breaks, staff gets overworked often
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2018
Great teamwork. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. plenty of overtime available. Great manager. Cafeteria is the worst part. Not open for night shift and very expensive food.
Fast paced
Coder (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 10, 2018
Manager discourages time off and the use of FMLA rights as governed by the federal government. Will talk you out of doctor appointments for life threatening chronic illness. Smiles in your face and talks behind your back
Has finally upgraded data collection program.
Polysomnography Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2018
Being a polysomnography technician my "Days" were actually 12 hour night shifts from 7pm -7am. Sleep study patients were typical OSA symptomatic people but over the the past couple of years patients have presented more co-morbidities, have been complex and also less likely to adhere to treatment . There has been expansion and recently a data collection program change which has been a challenge. The hardest part of of working there was keeping up with frequent changes to policy and procedure and exceptions to policy based on reading physician and patient's insurance coverage. Also, flexing off due to low census has often been an issue.
Productive, Great work morale
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 1, 2018
A typical day at work is executing 40+ patient accounts, getting claims paid, and accounts ultimately at a zero balance. I've learned time management.
Productive Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2018
Most enjoyable place to work very great culture! The overall job satisfaction is great and the staff is very friendly and workers professional. The atmosphere is very professional.
Excellent environment
Functional System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27610June 18, 2018
This is where I transitioned from RN to an IT type role and I loved working here. The people are great and the culture is wonderful. I would love to recommend this place for work.
Productive and fun place to work with.
Assisting patients (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2018
It has a teaching environment since I went for my clinicals the staff where accommodating, nice and friendly, they taught well and that advanced my knowledge.
Pros
Environmental friendly
Cons
Short breaks
Great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2018
Rex is a great place to work. The people who work there are focused on making sure that the patient has a positive experience and receives top-notch health care.
Very clean and nice people
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2018
A typical day at was is okay, I feel like it could be a lot better. Management needs some improvement. The hardest part of my job is management because we don't have enough support from them and it is a lot of favoritism which I think is unfair. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to communicate with patients and uplifting them at such a hard time!
Pros
Communicating with patients and doing what I love which is cleaning
Cons
Rapid Discharges that have to be done in a certain time frame
Great place to work!
Practice Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 26, 2018
Rex Healthcare is a wonderful place to work. It was by far the best culture and atmosphere I have ever worked in. I recommend the company to anyone that is lucky enough to get an opportunity to work there.
High quality hospital. Low pay and benefits.
Cardiovascular Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2018
Great place to gain experience as a new grad nurse. I'd advise any new grad nurse to leverage your experience for a higher paying position at another hospital, after two years. Gain as many certifications as possible, then go make more money at another hospital. Ask for 40% more than your current rate at Rex (or any starting hospital), and settle for now less than 25% more.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay
UNC Rexhealthcare
ISD IT Asset Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 11, 2018
It was a busy pace with multiple job responsibilities in IT Asset Management. I was able to absorb and acquire all aspects of IT Asset Management and some Hardware.
Management needs to work on a better understanding and equal opportunity for staff. A lot of irons in the fire and many directions to the position on a daily basis.
Enjoyed the comradory with my peers and staff.
Food Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2018
A good place to work i have a great manager. He is very fair to everyone.This company has good benefits and good insurance and bonus. The food here is great there is also a gym here
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hrs
Great Heathcare organization that continues to grow
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2018
UNC Rex Heathcare is a gret organization with opportunities for growth and career development. The pharmacy department, specifically, is valued by the organization and is well managed.
Good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2018
My school team sports, hobbies and travels have all given me a level of confidence in people interaction, and I’m often described as someone with excellent people skills and care for others.
Fun and great place to work
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2018
I started at Rex Hospital in 2014, I love my job, I wished I would had applied here much earlier in my life. UNC Rex is excellence. I plan of staying until retirement
Pros
Great company
Cons
none for me
I dont want to answer this
Worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 4, 2018
I don 't want to answer this. I really don 't want to answer this. not sure why this is required. they are struggling with cultgyure and have some issues.
Work is rewarding but the pay and work life balance is not so great
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 18, 2017
Work is rewarding but the pay and work life balance is not so great. It depends on which group and manager you report to. Some managers are easy going and others are not so much.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2017
Rex is a great place to work with encouraging staff that always push you to do your best. The offer many opportunities for advancement like tuition reimbursement and paying for extra certifications. Also great self scheduling and benefits.