UNC Rex Healthcare
Information from UNC Rex Healthcare:

UNC Rex Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States135 reviews
N/a
I am not interested in completing this section, this is a mandatory field that has a minimum of 150 characters. I do not wish to complete this section
Growing
During my employment I was excited to learn with employees and share techniques. Managenent was out of touch with the employees. Scheduling and paid time off became an issue if you do not follow it.
Heath issues they didn’t care!!
Worked on my feet 10 to 12 hour shifts had a Knee replacement and they fired me hope for the people or person that made that Choice Karma slaps them down, they keep Bad employees because they are afraid of being sued? Hope that works out for you👍 Just a note good luck with that!!
fun work place
poor management too many "teachers pets",,,,, my team leader is too childish and is allowed to get away with it,,,,,would be better workplace if management supported you
Be loyal, honest, and open minded you will succeed. There are many self innovations to improve self worthiness at Rex. Take time to improve health and education and a world of opportunities await you here.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
N/a
REX labor and delivery don’t care about ur home life. And u are always on call. No time with ur family at all. It’s a lot of issues that need to be addressed with management. ASAP.
good place to work
overall good place to work. management is good throughout the hospital. always helps if you have a foot in the door already through connections to speed up the process
Rex/unc rex/nc health
Company is becoming a conglomerate but it’s still one of the best hospitals around. Protocols are followed carefully, co-workers on my unit work cohesively and management tries to help you balance life-work. As all hospitals, short-staffing is an issue and there is far to much constant change. A great place to learn a lot as a nurse and lots of mobility if you want it.
The call in policy is very strict
Its very hard to move up if you are in housekeeping. Once you are you are stuck there. Nursing staff is nice to work with. I lived working with the patients and their families.
Great place to work 👍
No job is perfect, but UNC Rex hits high marks all around! Great people, great work environment and great compensation! I'm very thankful to work at Rex ❤️.
Short staffed all the time
The CNA's make the same as the kitchen staff and cleaning staff. Moreover, everyone is over worked and it was always short staffed. Management was terrible and not friendly at all. They really didn't care about the staff.
Excellent system
UNC is a forward thinking healthcare system who is focused on patient care, and maintaining an inclusive culture. Executive management is well liked and respected.
Use to be the best UNC around the east
So many things have changed in the new NC Health Rex, no consistency, a lot more micro managing, understaffed, high acuity pt/staff ratios, unaware of float to other units, not enough voice. The pay is comparable to other markets, but the desperation and workload makes you wonder if the burnout is worth that. I use to think highly of them, until I actually became a part of the them. On another note, the quality care as a patient is still unmatched.
Nice work environment
I like my job here, but I feel I do not have much of a work life balance. What I do is enjoyable and I like helping patients but management is very by the book and this can be frustrating to work with.
Patient care
UNC Rex healthcare is a wonderful place to work. If you are going there with the mind setout to help patients and family. And it could be a fun place to work.
For a PCT it is a great opportunity to be paid well
Rex is a great place to work. It is diverse and fair to all employees. It is located in an easy to find location in Raleigh, and they give bonuses bases on your performance which is quite considerable. The only thing I dislike is the 12 hour shifts (36), I would prefer 8 hours, (40). But overall it is a great place to work
Pros
Sometimes free meals, bonuses every year, memorabilia with their logo, celebration of nurses week etc
Cons
No 8 hour shifts
Hostile culture
Bad company to work for. Poor management in the cath lab especially. The hostile environment in the cath lab was permitted with little to no consequences. The victims of the evil culture are the only ones who face consequences.
fun and productive place to work
great atmosphere, management is great. I think compensation is competitive with other markets if not better. There is opportunity for growth and advancement.
Ok place to work but not much advancement opportunities available
Ok place to work but not much advancement opportunities available. Youll be lucky if you get a 10cent raise at the end of the year. Health insurance packages are really bad and expensive.
A typical day at work
Understaffed, 5 patients every shift sometimes 6. However, my coworkers or wonderful and helpful. Differential is great. A lot of changes are about to happen that are unnecessary such as mandatory 30 minute lunch breaks.
Its a great first time phlebotomy job.
Pros: It's a good 1st time phlebotomy job. You learn alot on the job far as getting blood and finding veins. The pay and benefits is awesome. Cons: there's no opportunity to grow, they don't promote growth.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNC Rex Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.