UNC Rex Healthcare Culture reviews

Excellent environment
Functional System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27610June 18, 2018
This is where I transitioned from RN to an IT type role and I loved working here. The people are great and the culture is wonderful. I would love to recommend this place for work.
Very clean and nice people
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2018
A typical day at was is okay, I feel like it could be a lot better. Management needs some improvement. The hardest part of my job is management because we don't have enough support from them and it is a lot of favoritism which I think is unfair. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to communicate with patients and uplifting them at such a hard time!
Pros
Communicating with patients and doing what I love which is cleaning
Cons
Rapid Discharges that have to be done in a certain time frame
Great place to work!
Practice Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 26, 2018
Rex Healthcare is a wonderful place to work. It was by far the best culture and atmosphere I have ever worked in. I recommend the company to anyone that is lucky enough to get an opportunity to work there.
I love rex!
Senior Technician Biomedical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2017
I Love UNC REX!
UNC REX is a wonderful Hospital in all regards,Serving at UNC REX has been the highlight of my career.
The work environment was excellent. I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Management and co-workers were the best in the business in all regards.
Pros
All pros
Cons
No Cons
People really do leave bad managers
Patient Care Technician - Staffing Response Team (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 13, 2017
Honestly, the hospital is great. The people are great. But management has gotten worse and worse since UNC started micromanaging things about a year ago. Since then, the culture is less friendly than it once was to its employees.
Pros
Cafeteria discounts, job security, great co-workers
Cons
Staffing department disorganization, low pay, poor benefit packages for single parents, bad float pool management
Departments vary... overall a great company
Wellness Coach & Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2017
The hospital is very well run, fiscally sound, and the people there seem bought-in to keeping it that way. A decent culture and compensation, with good benefits.
Supportive environment
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2017
Department administration is very supportive and interested in continued growth of employees. The work culture is very positive, with almost everyone you pass in the hallway greeting you with a smile and friendly word.
Pros
Super supportive team
Cons
24 hour shifts are tough when they bump up against a regular 8-hour day.
Rex
Perinatal Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2017
Rex is a great place to work. The staff is well rounded and practice exceptional teamwork. I love working at rex and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a job!
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2017
Enjoy the work and the people. Great food in the cafeteria. I like helping people who are calling in to get information about loved ones. Most people appreciate your kindness. Its a rewarding job and not to physically demanding.
Excellent education and diverse workplace
Critical Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 17, 2017
I have only been employed with UNC Rex for a few months, but so far it has been a very positive experience. No job is perfect, and you will have the occasional complainer, or the occasional mandatory this/that, but for the most part, it's an excellent employer, with excellent pay and benefits. The educational opportunities are endless, and it has a great culture and atmosphere of inclusion and learning.
Pros
Education, compensation, benefits
Cons
None to date
great place to work
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2016
When i came on board to UNC Rex Health care i felt like i was apart of a great company and the culture of the company was very organized and professional which is something that i enjoy being around .
Poor Compensation/ Benefits, Lack of vertical mobility, Don't expect any type of issue to get resolved in a reasonable amount of time
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2016
Heavy on Politics (Corporate Culture), Poor Compensation, Benefits have changed and lack of vertical mobility within the company can be a crushing blow. (Possibly because Rex just had their credit rating downgraded by Moody's or possibly because they have $250M in debt on the books from the new H&V Hospital wing). Middle Management will lead you on about "Your Career Path Forward" until they meet their Bonus Benchmarks.
HR could care less. This was made obvious during the salary negotiations or lack thereof. Unresponsive to concerns/ emails literally from day one of the hiring process. This continues if you decide to take a position here.
The one positive I will give is if you get your hours done, you can maintain a decent work-life balance.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
POOR Compensation, Poor Benefits, Lack of Vertical Mobility, Lack of clarity from Middle Management, Poor HR Dept, Annual PMGs thrown aside, Poor Merit increases, UNC ownership gets in way of day to day operations, Lack of response from UNC RE anything esp Supply Chain Management
awesome
Epic Consultant Support Ambulatory Phase (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 10, 2014
They was great, they were very organized . I love the manager she was awesome.