Unclaimed Baggage Center Employee Reviews

Worst Place I Have Ever Worked
E-Commerce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALApril 22, 2019
Do NOT apply here. Poor management with no sense of direction when it comes to the future of the company as well as playing favorites with employees. If I had to do it over again, I would have never taken this job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor Culture and Management
Favorite Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALApril 19, 2019
Unclaimed Baggage is one of the best (starter) jobs in the area that you can have. They are very flexible with your hours if you are part time and in school and are a family-oriented company. You will most likely never be surprised about your shift when the schedule is posted- so you will most likely never be called in last minute.
The work is tough because Saturdays and holidays are busy (and required) so it's not for the faint of heart but Unclaimed offers so many job benefits with working there.
Pros
Work events, 15 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch, flexible hours (part time)
Cons
Busy, Saturdays and holidays required
Easy job but
Floater (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALNovember 30, 2018
Easy job. But they dont fill you in on things during training that they tell you later. You have to get emails from all guest you have to be willing to pick up others slack. You will work holiday except Thanksgiving day and Christmas. You park a mile or two away at the old Marvin's place and get taken to the building in a van on sat. You will get in trouble if you dont get enough emails from guest. If you are on a register it's old and outdated. Very slow and it's not connected to the card reader so you have to enter the info twice. Management has their favorites.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Outdated computers and cash resgisters, low pay
Fun place to work
Unclaimed Baggage Center (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALSeptember 9, 2018
It is always a good day when going into work. The best part was meeting new guest from all across the world. I Learned a lot more with time and managent
Pros
Discount on some
Cons
Have 2 15 minuet breaks and a 30 minuet lunch break
Great environment. Friendly staff. Fun place to be.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJuly 11, 2018
I have loved my time at the Unclaimed Baggage Center. Every staff member is kind and understanding. Supervisors are easy to work with and understand that family and health always come first. Guests are hardly ever rude. And the “southern hospitality” they are known for is accurate through and through.
Pros
Great staff. Great guests. Always busy. Always doing something new.
Cons
Breaks could be better scheduled.
Good company to work for, not a lot of advancement!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJanuary 2, 2018
Easy and fun work environment, you get to meet a ton of guests and get to interact with them. But there's not a lot of opportunity to grow within the company. I loved most the people and at the same time the people were the worst part. Management does play favorites amongst the employees so that is a downside, especially when you have to pick up the slack of those favorites. But all in all I would still recommend this as a starter job or for people still in school.
Pros
3 breaks, Free lunches at least once a month, people
Cons
Low pay, favortism, no room to grow within company
Fast paced enviroment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALDecember 13, 2017
I love the challenge of a fast paced environment and dealing with the public on a regular basis. I am looking for something to challenge my intellect and further my knowledge.
Fast Paced and Stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALOctober 23, 2017
Very great place to work, if it is your first job. You will meet so many new people and make so many friends. It is a very fast paced environment and never fails to amaze me what youll find in the store, there are so many treasures inside.
Pros
two breaks and a lunch
Cons
lunch could be longer
Friendly Management and Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALAugust 28, 2017
I was always well pleased with how friendly the staff and management were at UBC. They expected you to work and do your duties well. They seemed appreciative of employees.
Great Development of Employees
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALAugust 19, 2017
This company does a great job of developing their employees and preparing them to be great workers and leaders no matter where they are or who they work for.
A good enviorment to work in, pleasent
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Scootsboro, AlApril 25, 2017
Opening of the store and checking your area for cleanliness of the floor, the clothing racks, neat and organized for a great appearance and experience for customers whom may be traveling a long distance or touring the area. running the registars if needed when the store became busy for sales events or tourist. good customer service skills
Pros
discounts
Cons
long periods on feet
I'm looking for a part time job no income coming in
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro,AL 35768May 20, 2016
I give it 5 stars I always liked coming in there to look around bout merchandise in electronics dept I worked for Wal-Mart retired last July 1st
worked there 22 years as greeter & cashier
Great Place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, AlAugust 13, 2015
Wonderful place to start a career in business. A big plus is how much they cared about their employees. Management was also really great.
High energy and fun environment to spend your work week
Cups Café Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALApril 2, 2015
There is never a dull moment at UBC. Guests visit from all over the world to see this tourist attraction, and as an employee it is our responsibility to make them feel welcome and comfortable. This company is extremely guest oriented.

UBC has a background built on faith and hard work which has brought the company as far as it has in the last 45 years and will continue to carry it through many more years.

Management is great; very family oriented.

The hardest part of working at UBC is always focusing on the guest experience. It is easy to get caught up in technicalities of working retail, but we always need to remember to turn our attention to the guests first.

My favorite part of working for Unclaimed Baggage is meeting all the new people. I've met several people from Germany, France, Italy, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and even Australia as well as people from all over our own country. You never know who (or what) you'll find at Unclaimed Baggage.
Pros
Family and faith focused
Cons
Mediocre, expensive health insurance
Interesting place to work.
SALES ASSOCAITE (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMay 20, 2014
Exciting place to meet people from all over the world. All employes. are really nice. You get a 15% discount for working their.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
short breaks and lunches
christian company
Hospitatility Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMay 25, 2013
Good balance of life/work. However, unprofessionally run company. Stab you in the back and play favorites.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
deceitful
A memorable experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALApril 29, 2013
Working at Unclaimed Baggage was both fun and exciting. Our store featured diverse clientele and it was always a pleasure to interact with them.
Pros
great customers, co-workers
Cons
minimal hours