UnCruise Adventures Employee Reviews

Fav Job
Lead Steward/Assistant Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJuly 19, 2018
Great company, gave me tons of knowledge, amazing friends, tons of time to travel and great memories. Itineraries are great, over all mostly good stuff !!! :)
Pros
everything
Cons
everything
Its an adventure thats worth trying but hard to sustain in the long run
Steward (Former Employee) –  Alaska and PacificJuly 10, 2018
There are some great things about working for this company you can meet amazing people from all over the world and have a chance to experience some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet. For someone with no family ties/expenses at home it is a good way to make money as all room and board are provided while you are working and there is almost no opportunity to spend what you are making as you rarely have any off ship shopping opportunity. The difficult part of that is rooms are shared with as many as 8 other crew members which can make it challenging to have any privacy or get quality rest/sleep when off shift. Days are normally at least 12 hours with a mid day break. Work is 7 days a week for about 6 weeks at a time with no days off so yes, your paycheck looks pretty good as you work over 80 hours per week but the per hour rate is quite low considering the work load. Most crew members are in a shared tip pool but those amounts vary from trip to trip and in my time with the company I saw those numbers trending downward. Every ship has it's own on board management team and in my opinion it's a roll of the dice in regard to which ship you are assigned to and how an employee can expect to be treated depends on where you are placed as in I had managers I would gladly sail with again and others that I would not. The company has a high expectation of delivery of top notch guest service and does try to teach great customer service skills which is a good thing and the skills learned can translate to other opportunities out in the work force back on dry land. The Captains are  more... highly skilled and work hard to prepare all crew to respond safely in any situation that can happen at sea through drills for fire, flood and man overboard to name a few. Every crew member has an important role to play in any sort of emergency that might occur. The vast majority of the guests are fun and interesting people. I found the 2 hardest parts of the job were the long periods away from friends and family, oftentimes you are totally off the grid for most of each 7 day trip so there is very little communication with home and the other challenge is living where you work 24/7. There is zero privacy on a ship which can wear on you if you like any alone time. That said, if you can make that adjustment and keep your head in a positive place you may forge some really great friendships with the rest of the crew. The best part is experiencing the great outdoors in a way that few people ever get to. Crew does get a chance to participate in the activities from time to time which include kayaking, paddleboarding, hiking and snorkeling. So if you like adventure and aren't afraid of long hours and hard work and smiling even when you're not feeling your best then it's worth a try.  less
Pros
Beautiful destinations
Cons
Long hours, low pay, inability to stay in touch with family for long periods of time
Great employees with old-fashioned management
SALESFORCE PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2018
UnCruise Adventures' product is super and they employ a great team. Unfortunately they are bogged down with old-fashioned management that does not take advantage of new technologies and is too adherent to top-down structure.
Small Yacht that sailed on the west coast
Steward Uncruise Adventures (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 5, 2018
As a steward I would start my day setting the dining room for breakfast. After breakfast we would go into our assigned cabins for the week to begin cabin services (making beds, removing dirty linen, etc). Once that was finished we moved on to our side work for maintaining the cleanliness of the vessel and then jump into lunch service. After Lunch we had a 2-3 hour break and then would come back for happy hour and dinner service. Throughout my time with the company I learned a lot about wine and food knowledge as well as everything in the hotel area of the hospitality industry. My managers were like family and were always open to teaching me new things and pushing me to be the best employee I could be. The culture of the workplace was beautiful. From the different backgrounds of each person I worked with, as well as served, it was truly a wonderful environment. The hardest part of the job was being away at sea for weeks at a time with only a few weeks off in between. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel and experience places a lot of people do not get to see.
Pros
Traveling, Pay, Meeting people from around the world
Cons
Long weeks on, Tight living quarters
Fun job with great views
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 7, 2018
This is a great job get to travel an see some great places. The work days are long but you have a good bit of time off between rotations and money, people and wildlife are worth it.
Fun place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work. Everybody works here enjoys their job and want to be here. The pay is low but the job is fun. Get to participate in great adventures.
Pros
Great crew. Get to see and participate in great adventures
Cons
Low pay scale
hard work with big pay off
Steward (Former Employee) –  costa rica, seattle, colombia river, panamaNovember 22, 2017
stewards at this job work long days (10-12 hrs / day) with 6 - 8 week rotations. Lots of customer service and high stress situations but in a fun atmosphere with a great crew.
productaive and fun work environment
Steward (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 14, 2017
Wake up eat breakfast then clean up and serve breakfast to the guests, clean up then continue on to cleaning cabin rooms for the guests. After finishing with cleaning then moving on to special projects to help keep our vessel nice and clean, eat lunch and then clean up and serve lunch to the guests. After cleaning up from lunch we set up for dinner and then go on break, change and get ready for dinner service. Come up to eat dinner clean up and then serve dinner to our guests, clean up after dinner and have a debrief then once everything is done we are done with our day.
Awesome Adventures!
Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work! UnCruise cares about their employees and therefore creates an excellent work atmosphere. I have some of the best co-workers. Truly a unique company in an interesting industry.
Cruise ship life
Second Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2017
Loved Working For this Company. Challenged everyday, Long Hours but the view and experiences more than made up for long periods away from home
Great place. Fun. Good product.
Guide (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKDecember 12, 2016
Great trips with some great people in spectacular geographies. Energetic and passionate owner. Some good clients and the ability to facilitate some incredible and amazing experiences for people.