UNFI Employee Reviews

Productive, fun hard working
Assistant Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day was waking up early going in to work and make these hours, heading to Long Island,Queens,Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx, management pretty good
Great workplace
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working here, the set schedule was perfect because there were no weekends. I have to say that there is no leniency with regard to your personal life however, so that can be difficult if you are a single parent.
Pros
Healthy food discounts
Just wasn't for me
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 18, 2018
The schedule that was advertised on their add was not the actual one I worked the picked it for me. The have a high turn over rate. There were times I would get off at 12 or 1 in the morning. It's a VERY physical job. You have a percentage to maintain which is based on how fast you can complete your order and not by the pieces you pick. It was very frustrating at times. Was very cold at times, didn't provide work gloves.
Pros
Some of the employees were nice.
Cons
High turnover, long hours, quotas
A good place to work but its not
Oder Selector (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Poorly managed, long hours, poorly staffed. Supervisors are disrespectful and poorly trained. Equipment is scarce. Human resources is very rude and mean
Was a fae pae and accurate place to work.
Driver/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  RdigefieldSeptember 15, 2018
Was very fast paced and always kept you busy. Is willing to help you learn anything you need with proper training and courses.Although you can grow in the company there is not many places to grow. This does not mean you cannot succeed, They are commited to helping you succeed at your position.
Pros
High Pay
no work / life balance
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 12, 2018
no work or life balance. No support from supervisors when things got hectic. Supervisors rarely answered phone calls. Very difficult to get approved time off
UNFI review
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 11, 2018
It was a good place to work but HR isn't fair with the people, but the money wise is great, but I enjoyed working their when it lasted, the supervisors are great and nice I never had a issue with them
Pros
the pay
Cons
Hr
face paced work
Dry Grocery Selector (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 7, 2018
UNFI was a company that offered union coverage and great benefits and required a lot of time and energy but enabled you to learn warehousing and supply and demand very properly
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard labor
Negative work enviornment
Director (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 6, 2018
Not a place i recommend working due to the executive team's expectation and compensation. The salary positions are expected to work until the job is done which will never happen due to the nature of the business so employees work over 50 hours a week.
Pros
Fellow Associates
Cons
Management, Work/Life balance, Pay
freindly
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 5, 2018
this was amazing place to work, people are nice, there are several ongoing training opportunities, pay is fairly. this was a career, more than a paycheck job.
Team Development
Account Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 5, 2018
Once a week we have a team development meeting. This allows the entire team to interact with one other and voice everyone's opinion and updates any information regarding the work place.
Pros
productive and interactive
Cons
only happens once a week
Fast paced customer service center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, NHSeptember 4, 2018
Typical day was answering customer phone calls and keying in orders in the computer, helping customers resolve problems with orders, or shipping issues
Pros
We got great discounts on products, and every month we got to have all the new products to try out for free
Cons
All day sit down job
Couldn't Believe It
Outbound Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I couldn't believe the things I saw at this place. An extremely dysfunctional management team. The hours are crazy. I had an employees work 45 in 2 days. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Cool place
ORDER PICKER (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 3, 2018
Cool place, favoriteism, not for me. Maybe someone else would enjoy not having a life. But I need one. Enjoy your day I need a few more character s to finish up.
Poor place to work
Supervisor, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Poor place to work. No structure. Managers and HR were all cut throat. The demand to service the customer the correct way is hardly ever met. Managers don't have anyones best interest at heart, Extremely long hours.
Good management,
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Was happy with always keeping busy and being able to have a hands on management style while working closely with supervisors and floor associates. Enjoyed working each and every day.
Pros
company structure, profit sharing
Cons
hr department
stocker (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, WAAugust 28, 2018
The work load keeps growing making it difficult for many of the employees to complete what was expected in a typical work day, therefore many of us were expected to stay hours after our normal work shift. There was also no way to move up, and after 5 years I needed to move on.
If your company gets bought, start looking for a new job
Merchandising Team Leader/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 27, 2018
I worked with Gourmet Guru when they were purchased by UNFI. I was optimistic of the future with them since I have always worked with large companies prior to Gourmet Guru. We were a small company of 80 people. Systematically, UNFI has laid off all but 4 of the former Gourmet Guru employees. Some of those have been some of the best sales people I have ever met. Furthermore, UNFI is so compartmentalized that you will never interact or meet people who work with you unless you stumble into them somewhere by chance.
average place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 25, 2018
self motivating job
sometimes stressful
not sufficient amount of merchandisers to help sales reps
with job over load
freedom to change schedule
no micro managing from supervisor
UNFI is a good place to work and offers advancement to qualified associates.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 25, 2018
A typical day at work is usually not typical. You have to go with the expectations that every day can be different. The demands of customer orders, associate call offs, etc.
The workplace is a typical warehouse setting. They do have safety procedures in place.
I personally have had the opportunity to learn both sides of the work environment. I worked in the office and in the warehouse.
I think this was a great opportunity to explore the structure of the organization.
Pros
good benefits including 401k, good pay
Cons
not many paid holidays due to the type of business, can be long hours occasionally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNFI. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight