UNFI Employee Reviews

Minimal commuication, no employee rapport.
Sales Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 17, 2018
At first hours were crazy and the work was extremely over barring. It took company approximately 3 Months to make some changes to my unbearable schedule. Finally company made some changes and we lost the contract. Very unfortunate they UNFI only gave us a 2 week notice of loss of employment and a lousy 2 week severance package.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unpredictable delivery cycle
Hard work looonnng hours
Loader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Your day starts at 11am till done no set hours the turn over is hiiiiggghhhhh tooo mannnyy hours but if u need some quick money come and swing cases they dont mind paying ot
Pros
They buy food
Cons
No life work balance at all
work in a freezer
Inventory control Associate (Former Employee) –  Prescott, WIJuly 9, 2018
Overall it was a ok place to work tons of things to do everyday great people to work with. The management was good most of the time . the plant manager was great
No work life balance
N/A (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 6, 2018
There is no consideration given and everything is expected. Leadership is unprofessional and unethical. Co-workers are great and there is a great employee store. Benefits are messed up.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long days
Lawson Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 29, 2018
Typical day was to support daily job failures, support user community when issue or questions arose. Work with our DBA. Develop custom programs and interfaces.

Had opportunity to learn Lawson administrative skills and security skills.

Management was fair and supportive.

Culture was interesting because this was an opportunity to work with a natural food distribution center and was able to learn a little about certifications and the type of customers in the natural food industry.

Hardest part of job was daily failures of certain interfaces, some caused by technical glitches and some caused by user double submission of jobs at the same time. Data file recover and
job reruns were needed often.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships created with IT staff and our User community who always appreciated my assistance as issues arose.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
productive/fun coworkers and good team work
ORDER SELECTOR/ FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 27, 2018
good work place loved my coworkers. some of the supervisors and managers were disrespectful and mean. because they have the power of authority they think they can just treat workers the way they want to. but overall it was a fun work environment because of the workers.
Good Company
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 26, 2018
It is a great place to learn basics of Supply Chain. It is a food and natural product distribution company with sites throughout the United States and Canada.
very competive to the point of being cut throat
ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 26, 2018
uncomfortable place to work forced to work overtime managers will blame maintenace for anything that makes them look good on paper.its very easy to be thrown under the bus by coworkers and production.
Pros
good pay
Cons
people very paranoid unwilling to work together
I loveed unfi
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 26, 2018
Enjoyable hands on friendly problem solving. A melting pot of culture who enjoyed working with each other and helping each other and politeness and respect as well as concern for each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. From the customers I delivered to to the warehouse to the office people all great.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Hardworking
Reserves Network (Former Employee) –  Yadkinville, NCJune 23, 2018
while I was there I was able to get into work and work hard like everything there and kept a great pace. the work place is a great company to work for.
Great company.
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 21, 2018
I felt like UNFI was fair and management good. The upper management team that I had were easy to talk to and request any concerns i had. I felt I was listened to in my concerns.
Very productive and awesome people
Service Desk Contractor Tier (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 19, 2018
I absolutely loved working for unfi i would definitely work there again if i could fine one local. the Job was great the pay was great and the management and people were also great. the only downfall I would say was scheduling. at the time i was a student so I was only able to work a first shift. But every Three weeks everyone's schedule would rotate and for myself, residing in Providence, RI did not help with the commute to Dayville, CT as the result my car ended up breaking down and I was unable to continue my contract with UNFI and JVT advisers
Pros
Great work environment great Pay
Cons
rotating scheduling
Great Work Environment
Stock Picker (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 19, 2018
I loved working at UNFI. Starting pay was great and training was straightforward. They give you 6 weeks to practice and get used to working orders and start making your rates. Its very fast paced and it can be a lot of physical labor but if you don't ind the work out then i would recommend this job.
Fun place to work
Account Manager - National Sales Channel (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 19, 2018
Good company to work for, Excellent self help training tools, Teamwork is great, Return of information is a bit slow but overall is good. Love working
Pros
Flexible wok schedule
It depends on the department and the manager
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 18, 2018
For me this was a terrible place to work although I have heard it is better in some departments. Overall working environment was worse than being in junior high. Lots of drama. Management was terrible and pointed out your mistakes all the time. Also thought we needed to be babysat all the time. Company doesn't know what they are doing anymore and nobody really likes to work there unless your upper management than it's great. Most people are very sarcastic and negative and unhappy. It was the most stressful job I ever had. Plus, they are a multibillion dollar company yet they pay pretty low for the amount of money they make and for the area we live in. Probably the reason why they move some of the departments to the east coast, it's cheaper.
Pros
Decent benefits and paid time off
Cons
Everything especially management
great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, NHJune 14, 2018
a typical day at work learn fast easy going great culture make new friends making sure produce dont break open all over the floor. The right number per pallet
Avoid if you don’t like repetitive work
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 13, 2018
Great place to work if you don’t have a life or have a family to go home to. Very long hours when I say long I don’t mean 12 hour days I’m talking about 16. Work is very repetitive. Repeating the same process over and over. I don’t recommend working here. Save your joints and back for another job.
Pros
Discount, benefits, Overtime
Cons
Very long days
I loved working here.
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, NHJune 8, 2018
I absolutely loved working at unfi. It is a great company to work for. It just sucked that i had to move to Florida with my grandfather. I would love the chance to work there again
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
I didnt really have any
No home life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 8, 2018
Long Hours if on 2nd shift. 9 to 15 hour days with split shift.
management is clueless. Position is not set in stone company will move you without hesitation. (department to department) It is going though a UNION problem at the moment. (2018)
Pros
discount on food, paid time off is great
Cons
long hours, poor pay, management
Workforce to slow
Black Vest for QC selector (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 6, 2018
Working long hours , employees taking longer breaks and lunches! Still hand picking orders off of paper labels, very behind on the technology. Grocery is always last to leave and working us 20hrs a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNFI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight