Unical Aviation Employee Reviews

Job experience
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJuly 5, 2018
Its a great job. You get trained by your leaders & you get a chance to move up. They offer overtime to those that work hard for it. All departments are fast-paced & easy to learn
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It was okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Work culture is kinda crazy, its more reactive than proactive. Management needs to definitely work on this. Place looks nice but they're restrictive in what you can touch and stuff too
productive and educational work enviorment
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAOctober 31, 2017
i liked working for unical aviation i work for them under an agency but im trying my best to return to the company. great enviorment. I approved of this company of being great and knowing how to take care of their workers.
Middle Management is a detriment to this company
QA Inspector / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 19, 2017
There is obvious favoritism and unsafe work practices. The ownership attempts to make the work environment great is often thwarted by middle management.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Pay and Management is below Industry standards
Fun place to work
Salesforce Administrator/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAMarch 21, 2017
It is a good place to work, friendly co-worker, stable company, each group has their own style, my group are very close knit and has superb support to each other. If someone make a mistake we tend not to try to blame but help each other. Learn a lot of aspect of business in this company. Direct compensation might not be on high side, but secondary compensation make it good.
Pros
Good benefit, awesome team, amenity are top notch
Cons
hard to control you body weight
An interesting place to work at.
hydraulic technician (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAMarch 3, 2017
A day here consisted of one having 3 different bosses and neither of them knowing what the other one stated or told you to do. So for this specific job I would have to give 2 thumbs down due to the lack of competence.
Get people to work with. Management can step it up a bit.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAAugust 10, 2016
Co-workers are great but management could step up to their job duties. Hardly any advancement unless you like to kiss someone's butt. They expect you to come in early and stay late around the holidays and you have to work Christmas eve and the day after Christmas. Most companies give you the time off on those days.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Management doesn't appreciate the hard workers.
warehouse duties
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 29, 2015
Working at Unical taught me how to do inventory work well as a team and how to operate machinery such as different types of forklifts
Pros
work environment
Cons
bias
productive and a fun place to work.
Inventory Associate/Inspection (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 2, 2015
it is a job that was good for a while i would do it again if i needed to they provided training and they were willing to give you what you needed to get your personal matters handled
benefits
Cons
OK company to start out in Aviation industry
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  City of industry, CaMay 4, 2015
This company is ok to start out in the aviation industry. They do not know which way they want to go as in if they still want to be a family owned company or a full blown corporation. The management does not take care of their employees unless you have been there forever and will cut any little benefits that they do give out over something very minor. They will move you when ever they feel like it with out reason, and make panic moves from management instead of training employees. Just because one thing is done a certain way on one side of the building doesn't mean it is done the same way on the opposite side of the building.
Pros
Nice lunch area, gym, benefits
Cons
Management decisions, favortisim
Fast-paced work environment with friendly, professional co-workers
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day starts with a brief review of the day's tasks.
Tools are grabbed, and work begins.
Two breaks, one in the morning, one in the afternoon.
Half hour lunch.
Co-workers are friendly, professional and knowledgeable
The hardest part of the job was working in the desert heat just after lunch.
The rest is enjoyable, you learn a lot about the innards of airliners.
Management is excellent and do their best to accommodate the workers' needs as quickly as possible.
Pros
Two breaks during the day, lots of equipment available, little paperwork for mechanics
Cons
It gets hot
worst place ever
Parts inspector (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CADecember 16, 2013
management doesn't appreciate it once hard word. No advancement
awesome
Part Inspector / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  walnutJuly 26, 2013
easy place to work at, very fun and hands on.
staff and co workers were always friendly.
Productive workers in warehouse industries and company provides game room.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 3, 2012
A day by day at work, Its a fast pace working environment that keep us moving and learning as we go. But we also have are regular work duties that are the same on a daily basis.I am a very hard working employee and is willing to learn new things as we go. I'm willing to help out the company and grow further. We are grateful to have a management in our company. They offer employees health benefits pay holidays and pay time off. I really enjoy working with my co-workers, they're friendly, very helpful, and hard working. The hardest part of our job was we did not have one standard rules.. Things usually changes very often. The most enjoying part of working is getting to work with all the wonderful aircraft products.
Pros
health benifits, holiday's pay, and pto(personal time off)
Cons
unprofessionalism, rules change more frequently.