UNICEF Employee Reviews

Very Productive
Help Desk Analyst (MAC) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2019
The interaction with people from all over the globe, is a priceless experience that is very beneficial in understanding how to be a better team player.
Pros
Parties
Cons
Assemblies
any way they have funs but not have the plans to work into thier organization
IT ( APPRENTICES ) (Former Employee) –  UNICEF HEAD QUARTER FREE TOWN SIERRA LEONEMarch 6, 2019
Any way they have funs but not have the plans to work into their organization
But I thank god I learn a lot from them even the former hr by the name of mr donald peters told them to give me / make for me a ta
Pros
no free lunch i can't lie
Cons
here is Africa i was not part of that facilities they have
Best Organization to Work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2019
If you are seeking a post with UNICEF in one of our duty stations around the world, please visit UNICEF’s global website. There you will find information about required qualifications and the benefits of working with UNICEF.

UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
Working With UNICEF was the most enjoyable, fruitful time for me
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aden YRNovember 29, 2018
- Daily work in UNICEF is mainly , planning communicating with head office if needed, dealing with partner problems, comments ...etc
- In Education UNICEF work through government partners , which makes work productivity ups, and downs , and some places security situation would not allow us to visit , which means we have to depend on e-mail information , with out having the mean of verification
- Management was always a big help when facing any problem
- It was an enjoyable workplace as all staff work hand in hand, and team work was common culture .
- Through my work with UNICEF I did learn that if you are not independent innovative, non of your work will be accomplished
UNICEF is a great company.
PR & Entertainment Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
I'm very inspired by the people I work with. They're dedicated, driven, and compassionate to the company's cause. I'm motivated to go above and beyond my work because I believe in what the company does.
Volunteer Project Coordinator - Not Employed
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 4, 2018
UNICEF was slow getting back to emails and never seemed to answer the question directly. It took weeks of daily emails to coordinate a speaker for an event. Even after they confirmed, days before the event, they cancelled and made us re-do our entire project.
Once it was figured out, they sent a fellow instead of an expert... even though we repeatedly asked for an expert.
Overall the project succeeded, but not because of UNICEF.
They are, however, a great company that does great things around the world.
Productive Place
C4D Officer (Former Employee) –  Juba - Bentiu, South SudanOctober 15, 2018
Busy productive day, improved patience, good listening skill, coordination and teamwork. Good flexible, concerned management, friendly work place culture. Hard part is emergency contexts making work difficult sometimes. the most enjoyable part is supportive colleagues and teamwork.
Pros
Free 2 tickets a year.
Cons
Struggle to take supplies to the needy populations.
Unicef
Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2018
This was a great experience. I had the opportunity to interact with staff around the world and implementation of the change management for global assets
Pros
work environment
Cons
term limits
Friendly environment with most people very dedicated to UNICEF's cause.
Officer, Donor Relations (Former Employee) –  125 Maiden LaneSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at UNICEF but was not able to grow with the organization. Management could work on being more open to the rest of the staff. I also think that many employees would greatly benefit from some further training opportunities.
Disburse Earnings Tax Statements to staff members (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Always learning new things. Management fully supportive of employees taking all kinds of training sessions. You will learn something everyday. Once a month birthday parties for employees
Great learning experience
Customer Service Supervisro (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
You learn not only about the organization itself but also how it operates. Opportunity to interact with supporters and venture out to meet supporters.
Pros
Ability to be part of a team who cares about not only the recipients but also the donors
Cons
No room for growth
Good experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAJuly 19, 2018
I only did UNICEF as a volunteer so I did not receive anything back except for a learning experience. I enjoyed helping my community at the time. I would definitely do it again.
Culture de compétence
CONSULTANTE POUR LA COMMUNICATION DE DEVELOPPEMENT (Former Employee) –  Mongo, INJune 27, 2018
Cette agence encourage et initie toujours ses employés pour la culture de l'excellence et du travail bien fait
congolese by nationality. hard working and good networking
Administration job (Former Employee) –  bukavuJune 22, 2018
I am applying for a vacancy in this company when the opportinity is available. I never work in this company but I will be responsible and hard working when the oportinity is given to me.
Pros
free launchees
Cons
health care
good experience
independent worker (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2018
independent working experience fundraising money. responsible for own accounts, stating independent responsibilities. Good company to work with, provide materials and knowledge needed to complete personal goals.
Job outsourced
Unicef shipping department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 6, 2018
UNICEF was great, didnt plan to leave, they out sourced my position to another country.
The Bosses were AWESOME, they were very caring, it was like family.
Pros
Too much to list
Cons
ReportShare Rife with corrupt management and a culture of silence
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2018
It's a very corrupt organization that exists outside of United States civil and legal protections for employees. As a result, corrupt manager can literally get away with any crime and workers have no recourse to report misconduct or sue for damages. The U.S. constitution and rights mean nothing here.

Even if you report wrongdoing, management look the other way or sweet talk you to forget it. As a result, corruption is rampant. The middle management and staff are so accustomed to corruption that they look the other way rather than report it. Other workers and managers see terrible, illegal activities and stay silent. what sort of environment is this?

Stay far away.
Cons
corruption, nepotism, harassment
Filing
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2018
File work loads in a alphabetical numerical system. Must complete work load on a timely manner or be penalized and posibly lose some work hours do to performance.
Pros
Early breaks
Cons
Short lunch
A long-term temp job many years passed
Estate & Major Gifts Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2018
I loved having this temp assignment! UNICEF totally meshed with my personal beliefs in the humanities and the work they do was right up my alley! The amount that they accomplish world-wide is astounding to me and the staff was so nice.
Expérience humainement enrichissante
Hôtesse d'accueil (Former Employee) –  Kinshasa, CONGO R.D.C.February 14, 2018
La possibilité d'échanger avec des personnes de cultures et langue différente a fait de cette mission une expérience intellectuellement et humainement riche.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNICEF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight