Unidine Employee Reviews

Care more about profits than employees
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 20, 2018
Bottom line is you are dispensable. They are so focused on keeping client happy, they'll bend over backwards away the expense of the employee. They promote via Peter principle and if you're actually competent, good luck. Management communication is horrible. The idea behind fresh food is great but not true in many accounts, clients don't want to pay.
Cafeteria in a Coorporate Office Building
Deli Clerk, Food Prep, Barista, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJDecember 20, 2018
Was a great place with good people to work with and to serve. We made great healthier food for the workers in the building and it was a great family to be a part of but as the building underwent a big construction modification they couldn't afford us anymore and didn't renew our contract.
Nice place if you're a student
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 12, 2018
Working for Unidine is a pretty nice place to work at as a first time job or as a student. The hours as a diet aide are kind of bad (Either 7 to 3, or 4 to 8). Some of the cooks are good but some of the are unsanitary. Management team is alright, but could do better.
Highly poor management in the account
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 9, 2018
The account that I worked for in Norwalk had to be the absolute worst management I’ve ever had. Spent most of the day on the computer on Facebook or browsing the web totally unrelated to the job. Not to mention slightly racist, accused me of stealing $16 while I worked there for 2 years, not to mention still harasses former employees myself included.
I was not happy.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 30, 2018
Just wasn't the right fit for me. The company ended up losing the contact with the school and was replaced with another. My immediate supervisor was great.
Great
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Redford, MINovember 20, 2018
I loved working with the people that I was around so when I went to work it was like going home it was great times and sad time line a family. I love that jib
Pros
Peoole
Cons
Money
Horrible Management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
Mangers are lazy. They sit in the office all day and blame kitchen staff for their mistakes. Over paid managers who cant even get a truck order correct to save their jobs.
Maybe if you’re hourly..
Manager (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 25, 2018
Insane management turnover.
Due to upper management needing to report a profit and low food cost to their direct superiors by ANY MEANS.
End of week reports read the unit is a smashing success and congrats are in order!!, but in reality employees are walking and management is spread completely thin. Taking on way too much too soon and loading people’s plates so the account can look good on the surface.
Not sustainable whatsoever.
Trying so hard to be the anti-Sodexo and yet here we are..
They’re all the same.
People come for the quality of life and that’s the first to go.
Not to mention some of the most shady backhanded moves by upper management to dispose of employees (management and hourly) I have seen, once said employee isn’t in their good graces for whatever reason.

As with most situations, I’m sure it’s all location specific, so do your research before considering. If you’re an hourly employee then go for it, keep your head down and clock in clock out and you’ll be fine. Or don’t, because you’ll likely be able to get away with anything before getting let go. Because finding another warm body is too much of an inconvenience.
Pros
Decent salary, corporate schedule is M-Fri
Cons
See review
Unidine
Cook/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2018
Depending on your situation I wouldn't apply for any position there. You maybe treated unfairly. ..........
...................
...................
I was happy with my position there the first four months was cool but now it's wearing me out. The new change over i don't like it's very stressful.
Pantry Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 21, 2018
I love the residents and my job position i like also but it's a little to much now since there's a change over.a little to much work not payed enough for all the things you got to do. I don't like the change over i like the old way before the change.
Fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 16, 2018
It was a joy to work with Unidine. The entire staff plus management was very fun, professional and kind. When the weather was bad, they would let us leave early
Pros
Breaks, free food etc
Unidine at Clark
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 9, 2018
Needs better schedule managers. Hours were very inconistent and I could never recieve the days off I requested weeks in advance. If hours were better managed things would be much better.
Very nice place to work and everyone was friendly and knowledgeable
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2018
The staff and management were friendly and knowlledgeable and the patients were great to work with and very cooperative in their treatment plan and stay at the residence.
large facility
Chef / Manager, Sanctuary at Fraser Villa (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 31, 2018
9 satellite kitchens, lots of walking
lots of paperwork
did very little cooking
Wanted to do more cooking!
Less Paperwork!
9 kitchens, with 9 fridge temp logs,
9 food temp logs, and a dietary staff
that just want to get their time in and
cares less abou the people they serve!
Pros
wonderful dietary staff
Cons
Poor healthcare staff support
Very long days
Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNAugust 30, 2018
Lots of good employees trying their best, but the upper Management did not notice, nor did they acknowledge the dedicated and hard working employees. Management (out of state) had no clue what was really happening, only cared about the $$ numbers of expenses and labor hours. Management (out of state) ideas or new policy did not relate to what was actually happening out in the field.
Have great staff
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 29, 2018
We have a great staff at our location, but most of corporate seems disconnected from the daily operations at the unit level. This seems to be improving.
Pros
great team members and competitive salary
Cons
corporate culture disconnected
Not the best
Caisher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 24, 2018
Management talks a big game about if you learn new things you’ll get a pay advance, not true. The more you learn the more they take advantage of you.
They will call it “helping out”.
So if your a cashier and you are asked to work in prep for kitchen it’s to be a “team player.”
You get shipped from one to place to another with no compensation for gas money or anything.
Are expected to work no matter what.
Was out of work for medical reasons and they tried firing me for it because it wasn’t any andvance time given.
Overall a horrible place.
You have no job advancement and pick and chose who they like.
A good manager goes a long way.
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2018
I really enjoyed my job there. I wasn't looking to leave but when my hours were being illegally changed and no one fixed it I had to leave. I would like to do that job again but maybe in a different location.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCAugust 17, 2018
My shift would consist of running the cash register and some days I would have to prep the salad bar. Sometimes I would work in the dish room. And always keep a clean work environment.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short breaks
Solid young Company in the Food & Beverage industry
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2018
Growing small company with a solid future. Benefits are not great, but the management team is working on that. Great group of people to work with. I loved working here.
Pros
Felixiblity and results driven. Lots of potential to be a disrupter in the industry.
Cons
none that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unidine. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9