Unified Physician Management Employee Reviews

Very stressful to work for-Not worth it.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 28, 2018
I hated going to work everyday because of the people I worked with and worked for. The residents were nice (most of them) but.if you don't mind being yelled at for what your co-worker trained you on and make you look like a fool, then go for it. You'll be leaving soon too.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
The pay and the front staff.
Very happy here
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 19, 2018
I've been working for UPM for upwards of a year now and this is one of the best jobs I've held in my career. Management actively encourages us to innovate and improve how we do our jobs, automating where possible, and work to grow their people. I've been especially pleased that we aren't expected to handle the work of 3 people apiece on a shoestring budget. The work is interesting and the company itself shows promise.
Pros
Competence, innovation, and improvement all actively encouraged and rewarded.
Cons
Health insurance is a little expensive vs. other companies, but apparently decreasing this year.
Great Culture!
Sr. HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 19, 2018
-Management truly listens and cares
-Competitive salary and benefits package
-Collaborative, team-oriented work environment
-Great location (Addison, TX)
-Beautiful office building with lots of amenities
Wonderful Management Team
Accounting Director (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 12, 2018
Members of senior leadership in this organization are very knowledgeable, and the leadership team is good about sharing their knowledge. I've been with the company for over one year, and it has been one of the best experiences in my career of twenty plus years.

The work is challenging, interesting and fun. We have a great team dynamic in our office. Going to work is fun most every day!
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Unhealthy Working Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 11, 2018
Overall the physicians & midwives were all friendly and would teach us different things, which I was a big fan of! However, the Mgmt, Supervisors have no control over their staff members whom create an unhealthy work environment for others and allows it to infere with your work ethic and for you to be at your best everyday! This is not right and should NOT be tolerated.. as an employee to not be able to feel comfortable enough to ask a question to a coworker that is a huge problem!!
Pros
Great Doctors, Midwives, great if you love to learn new things!
Cons
Management, unhealthy work environment
Only the stupid stay
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 27, 2018
Worst working environment I have ever been in. High turnover in the company for good reasons. Some nice people there but not enough to stay. Extremely toxic hostile environment in certain departments. More or less a sweat shop with some bad actors.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Lousy management
Do not
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 15, 2018
Horrible place to work GYN office in titusville is a joke, no management, false accusations, stressful, loved patients but the Dr. Was trying to do billing and be a office manager.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Titusville GYN office is not managed. You dont do what your hired to do
Money oriented at any cost
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 14, 2018
Worked at office where money was the main focus with no concern of the employees opinions or concerns. Unless you were bringing in a profit you do not matter. WE WERE OVER WORKED AND UNDER COMPENSATED.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Good pay but management is terrible
Billing (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Management has no clue of what they’re doing a lot of the time. You will have to pretty much figure it out in our own or make it up on the way. Don’t expect to receive help with anything you need because they will ignore you. The management will cover their own self before they help their team. Even if it means lying on team members. PLEASE HAVE EVERYTHING IN WRITING. It’s not worth the money. I’m currently seeking employment elsewhere. Bonuses are good though. That’s about all I can say.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Relaxed but very unprofessional environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 17, 2017
RCM team is very unprofessional and lack structure that is highly needed. Seems to hire deliquents for the hourly positions. The knowledge of the Claim Coordinators are below entry level and shows in the work. They are continuously loosing care centers due to the misrepresentation of what services are offered. The company should really start over and utilize outside professionals for staffing needs.
Pros
Laxed buisness environment.
Cons
Be prepared to deal with uneducated and ghetto employees
competitive company
Credentialing & Provider Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 1, 2017
UPM's goal was to strive to be the best at providing managed care services to practitioners. They are a new and upcoming company, but if they continue to strive forth the company will continue to be a success financially.
Horrible workplace and management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLOctober 16, 2017
No teamwork what so ever. Management plays favorites and is spiteful. No raises/bonuses staff is petty and rude. I would not work for this company ever again!
Pros
Cons
Pay, management is horrible
Cares more about money instead of patients
RMA (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 19, 2017
Cares more about money then patient care. Skeleton staff, very stressful environment, no compensation for overtime. Never get to sit down on your feet all day not enough time in the day to finish all assigned task.
Pros
Good co- workers
Cons
Skeleton staff no help
Only the strong survive
N/A (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 3, 2017
Not all departments follow that saying...
Although, most will agree that if one lacks knowledge - one may/will be stuck with minimal help. It feels as though management strives on recruiting candidates that have a vast knowledge. On the bright side,UPM does promote within so there are opportunities to advance.
Pros
Currently renting out space with another corporation in which provides - hair salon, medical office, gym, cafeteria, coffee barista, chiropractor & massage spa. UPM provides lunch for the monthly corporate meetings.
Cons
Lack of communication may be experienced. Medical benefits aren't the best.
Unethical managment and poor work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 21, 2016
KEEP LOOKING it's not worth the stress and headache! Management is very unethical and the employees do whatever they want. The office is unorganized and a lot of times people do the job twice or not at all. Doesn't matter how many office meetings are held the office remains the same; full of gossip/drama and everyone constantly on different pages.The doctors are always out or unavailable and the schedules constantly are being cancelled or rescheduled. I'm surprised I didn't leave sooner!
Benefits
Cons
"Management"
Medical Claims
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 28, 2016
Performs a variety of tasks. for billing as a Specialty Servicer who handles problem claims in the health care industry for hospitals, large provider groups that specializes in OBGYN, Pediatrics, Home Health, Hospice, SNF, DME, & Mental Health Substance Abuse for Bethesda Hospital for the data provided by the medical coders and use it to compile and submit claims to insurance companies and then subsequently bill patients. Day-to-day responsibilities vary from location to location, but often include Create Encounter and process up to 100 claims Daily
Pros
Enviroment is a Nice Place
Cons
Very far out
Better then most
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 9, 2016
UPM is better then a couple of larger EMR companies, but Management needs to learn that it's employees are key. That yes we are concerned with making a profit, but not at the lost of solid employees
Sweat SHOP!! Employee cruelty and disrespect!
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 13, 2016
Dont believe it? then live it for yourself!! turnover is high for a reason. Too many levels of Management, all with unreasonable expectations, office politics and spies befriend you right before throwing you under the UPM Bus!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
too many to list
Unorganized and uncooperative
employee (Current Employee) –  BocaJuly 21, 2015
Keep looking.. Inexperienced department heads that do not communicate nor cooperate, no one wants to take responsibility and there is no follow up. Some staff do try and are very knowledgeable but do not get enough support.
Somewhat negative environment.
Fast pace environment
CREDENTIALING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2015
Challenging, must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. A lot of deadlines to juggle. Opportunity to move into other departments as the company is growing.
Pros
Office Amenties. Fast growing company.
Cons
Unrealistice deadlnes, under staffed.