UniFirst

Found 1,647 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,771 reviews
routesaleuniformplantreptrucktrainingdriver

Family culture

Featured review

UniFirst selected this as a representative review
Having worked multiple positions and worked at multiple locations during my 16 years with Unifirst, two terms that would describe this company would be family and processes. The systems are set in place and trying to do it your own way only complicates things. That's not to say your input isn't valued and applied though. When you work in Service or Sales what you put in is what you get back in terms of compensation. You can go along doing the minimum and be comfortably paid, or you can get out there and hustle for the big checks. The choice is yours. As far as the family atmosphere, that's what it is. There will always be members within a family that disagree with each other or do not get along. At the end of the day, if you are in need, this place will band together and take care of it's own! The proof is in the fact that we have generations of families working here. Would you tell your children to work somewhere awful? I know I would be proud if my sons ended up working here! The major con is working with multiple companies at multiple sites means things out of your control can have a big impact on your day.

Pros

Family Atmosphere, Monday-Friday 1st shift work weeks, benefits

Cons

Things out of your control have an effect on your day

Official response from UniFirst

March 6, 2020
Thank you so much for your continued dedication and commitment to UniFirst. Our Team Partners (also known as our UniFirst Family) are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your hard work.

Busy

Stay busy all day and if you get done early you get to leave. Thirty minute lunch. You get breaks. Different jobs available. Health benefits. Get raises often.

Pros

Professional staff

Cons

On feet all day

UniFirst insights

Based on 1,049 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Bad management.

You work like a dog at own job then they move you every where else.. management just watches you struggle instead of jumping in to help..pay is good..they are flexible with hours ..but how they treat you makes u wanna quit.Aurora plant at least..when I was there so many people just quit..

Poor staff / no help

No help with dishwashing , the servers won’t grab silverware to help move space Makes it hard through out the night to put clean dishes that one mistakes makes dishwasher’s job the worst . Good pay but your working double for that $15

What is the best part of working at the company?UNIFIRST IS A GREAT STRONG COMPANY EVERYONE THERE IS LIKE FAMILY What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working hard for our customers striving to make them happy is all we at UNIFIRST Strive to doWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?FAMILY is who we are we help each other together we meet the demands that makes us the great company that it isWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Fast busy and very productive

Outdated - One star says it all

Outdated uniformsOutdated computer systemOutdated pay scale (2.0-2.5% less commission than other uniform rental companies)Poor managementOut of touch managementLying managementEmployees have no pride in company (filthy trucks inside and out, short cuts used as the norm, no skills for handling upset customers...)

Pros

Work on your own all day

Cons

Work on your own all day

Great plsce

Great place to gsin sales experience. Good training program. Good place for a recent college grad. Compensation is fair for hours worked. Highly recommended

Tough

Was hard to win business when other companies were much cheaper on the front end. Service department is a well oiled machine, and that does win some people over.

Good funny and loyal people to work with.

Hard working easy it can also be dangerous. Keeping the inside and outside of the property clean fixing the other objects and machines if need operated.

Toxic workplace

Training is subpar and asking questions to learn industry is looked at as an inconvenience. Management is haphazard. No direction, no motivation, no support, no work-life balance. This is a toxic place to work, as well as demoralizing. Not worth the small paycheck.

What is the best part of working at the company?The office personnel What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Your routes and the no communication What is the work environment and culture like at the company?UnorganizedWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Boring and unprofessional

Fine work place

Not the most thrilling thing to sell floor mats and uniforms, but it is nice being a customer facing position everyday. Find own leads is not to much fun

Pay don’t line up with demanding task, Toxic work environment.

I worked with the First Aid & Safety side area 225, I took the job to keep busy, during interview I was told I would be home no later than 3 o’clock everyday to fit my schedule, was told job is laid back etc. They sold me a dream job that didn’t exist, Managers lack proper training but expect you to be knowledgeable and if you have any questions or concerns you might as well talk to a brick wall. You are a rockstar as long as you’re figuring things out by yourself and making them money but be expected to service, sale and attend meetings that will become overwhelming and soon as your sales slow down they will no longer be on your side, you will be overworked and underpaid.

Pros

Drive van home

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, poor communication, toxic work environment.

What is the best part of working at the company?Getting free clothes, thar may have been damaged What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The coworkersWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hectic and stressful at timesWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Unloading and loading of trucks for next day delivery

Horrible place to work

Don’t even try to work there,everything is a lie and pay it’s not worth it.It’s not an hourly job,just a nasty salary and long hours,after you are done with your route you spend another hour in the office,prepare to work 12 hours shift and get paid for 8

Good people, not so good work environment

My coworkers were nice, however after I had worked for a couple of weeks, I was asked to work in areas of the plant that didn't have enough workers and were not what I applied for, which annoyed me. There was no ac and during the summer, it felt as if I was on the verge of passing out from a heat stroke. They do provide special lunches on holidays but otherwise, it didn't feel like the pay was worth it.

Pros

Holiday lunches, Holidays off

Cons

No Air conditioning, low pay

It was a fun productive work place and we was a big working family

Great company to work. If they didn't move from the Titusville location i still would be working with them today we had holidays off had time to spend with our families

A lot of work

CSR job goes way beyond the job description. You basically do everything. You respond to cust ok mer complaints,accounts receivable,Lias with sales, make/design logos,....the job is definitely more than what an average CSR should be doing

work /life balance

currently hybrid so more work gets done with less interruptions. great team mates and when hiring for the group skill is important yes, but team chemistry is even more so. we all help each other complete all task and learn the process so we all can just jump in and get it done.

Great Culture, Strong Values, Great money.

I’ve worked at UniFirst for 2 Years. Started off in the Warehouse making 13/hr, was promoted to route jumper and, now make over 100k with a route. Management is supportive and friendly but not always responsive as there are around 1500 accounts that are managed by 2 RSM’s. The company generally promotes and hires within so a lot of friends and family work there. Potential for growth in UniFirst is very good. The potential for growth is there but UniFirst will demand it’s pound of flesh before a position becomes available. You’ll most likely be salary of about 43000 working 60-70 hour weeks jumping on route’s you have never seen. When you’re not jumping routes you’ll be in the warehouse organizing product, Cleaning, deciphering what can be sent back to the plant. As a driver with their own route your pay with be much better so long as your route is past the commission mark. If not, you’ll still be making 43k but, at least you’ll have consistency. Occasionally the branches have a hard time getting the right product sent down from the plant. Tenure is important at UniFirst so the longer you stay the more you’re taken care of. Doing the right thing is encouraged while you’re on route, I have have never been told to rip off an account. Treating customers like individuals as opposed to whole accounts is paramount. Good behavior is praised bad behavior is not condoned. Nice company events. Anytime you’re there outside of your normal workdays you are nicely compensated for. Drivers only work 4 days a week. Lots of vacation. Amazing benefits.

It’s a job..

Decent, feel like the pay rate could be way more than what it is, but if you need a job and have no other choices it’ll do. Very chill environment, people do have staring problems though

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight