UniFirst Employee Reviews

Good money when busy. Not worth it when slow.
Plant packer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 15, 2018
Incentive based job. When we had work it was fast paced and made a lot of money. During slow times you make about 5 dollars less a hour. Lost my job for missing to many days do to family emergency
Pros
Opportunity to make good money.
Cons
Not enough work to go around.
Opportunity To earn unlimited income
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 10, 2018
Extensive phone & cold canvassing, 2 to 3 set appointments daily. Learned about following Unifirst sales equation works. Strong management. Great work place culture. Traveling to office 2x per week. great freedom.
Pros
Unlimited Income
Cons
to many sales meetings
Productive job
Route Builder (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 10, 2018
This job requires one to always keep moving and always doing your job. You always have to be very accurate and cannot be slow, anyone who works here has a set number they have to hit in their respective area to meet their quota.
Pros
Able to move up in the company at a fast rate, great benefits
Cons
Very tiring job, short breaks
Good
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 9, 2018
A good company with many many places for advancement. Among the industry leaders, this company sets the pace for uniform, flat good rental and sales for many business types.
A decent place to work.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Atkins, VAJuly 8, 2018
Unifirst has some great training programs. I felt like there was time wasted in meetings that could have been spent on our customers. There were no room for advancement.
It was ok
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJuly 2, 2018
This was my first job out of college. I was lied to about benefits and I done all of the office work and never got a promotion. I enjoyed my coworkers however.
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
We are just one big family and all work as a team. When you do what you are suppose to do nobody bothers you. The management is friendly and laid back at times depending on if you do your job. They train you properly and do their best to accommodate your needs. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
You can make as much money as you choose to make if you perform well
Cons
Competition has destroyed the market
Franklin Unifirst
District Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHJune 28, 2018
Every day is different. Not knowing what I would be doing was frustrating. Having concerns fall on deaf ears of management. Management gives the appearance that they don't care.
Wonderful Company
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 27, 2018
I have been working at UniFirst full-time
Pros
I been employed for 2 months and in this short time I have seen and most important felt the support of the entire company, I am getting ready to be send to more training at corporate to take my selling skills to another level, the environment is really upbeat and full of positivism.
The ramp up bonuses really help economically until you start seeing results on your sales (because training takes a while to finish)
Good company. Managers are very overwhelmed.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, OHJune 26, 2018
Unifirst is a good place to work for. There is just not much help because managers are overwhelmed with their daily task. The company needs to take some task off the managers hands.
needs restructured
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJune 26, 2018
Pay is nice but hours suck. i was working from 5 in the morning and didnt get out till 6 at night. most of the time is driving so there is no way to shave off time,
Pros
pay and management does care
Cons
hours
productive
inspector (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 26, 2018
Good place to work fun people to. work with good environment everyone is friendly and hel. pful easy tto. Find your way around the the bulding
non i can think of
Production Assistant/Operator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 25, 2018
stay away management doesn't know what is doing,they hire people who don't speck a word of English,and then work them like dogs 50-60 hours a week including saturdays
Pros
non
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJune 24, 2018
I could not recommend this place less. Completely archaic way of doing business, must wear a suit daily, and for men shave your face every day. You do not have a computer at your desk, there were 3 communal computers for 8 sales reps. Also you were only permitted to use them to input your sales during lunch, or, if the computers were being used, after working hours. Would have meetings every other week in which you had to arrive for work 2 hours early, instead of during a normal working time. Your reward for this was a monster energy drink. When in the office, you’re basically forced to sit at a desk making cold call after cold call with a partner. Inter office communication between employees was discouraged, as was taking too long to go to the bathroom or get a cup of coffee. During days on the road manager is constantly calling and checking on you, and you had to input your sales info and notes into a blackberry— that wasn’t a phone. The stress of working there actually effected my mental and physical health.
Pros
Cons
Unreal expectations, poor working conditions, literally zero job perks, long hours, lack of technology
A disorganized mess
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJune 22, 2018
The company may be okay but the location I worked at was a mess. Upper management had a "good ol' boy" culture, most managers were friends or family. The level of incompetence was cringe-worthy. I couldn't in good conscience work for them so I moved on.
Pros
Hardest I ever physically worked as a manager, got into shape
Cons
employees and managers not in the "club" treated like trash
Productive fast pace work enviroment
Production Employee (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 22, 2018
Working in a warehouse dealing with machinery and garments all throughout the day day. Making sure everything is labeled correctly as well as packaged correctly.
Pros
Being able to learn new things and elevate your position meaning alot of employment growth
Cons
Not knowing how to do job correctly due to being a new employee
Totally unorganized and managers that don't care.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 20, 2018
This is by far the most stressful job I have ever had. The management is no help to you. You are given a route to run before you are done with your training and you are expected to finish your training, which typically takes 3 months they say, after you run your route which is expected to take about 10 hours. If there is a hostile customer the management will do nothing to curb that. You are working with disgusting items such as week old food soiled towels and pants that have been worn for days. A Hepatitus B shot is suggested. The pay is not what they make it out to be. You get no raises. It is up to you to add to your route at 7% commission working with $5 items. Also the more you add to your route the longer your day and the less you make hourly. Not even worth the stress, anxiety, how unorganized the process is, the amount of mistakes others make that you are responsible to cover and the lack of help or interest from management.
Pros
on your own for the day
Cons
The company is an unorganized wreck.
Pays well if you don’t mind working
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Croydon, PAJune 19, 2018
Demands are high and the rules of engagement are rigid. I learned more here than any job I’ve ever had. The training is very in depth and while boring, extremely useful. The access is also key as you will meet with CEO’s, owners and presidents.
Too many hours
Shirt presser (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJune 13, 2018
If YOu like working 10 to 12 hours a day on YOur feet, then this is the place FOR YOU. You only get two breaks that are only twelve minutes long each, and a thirty minute unpaid lunch break.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
2 12min breaks
Run Away!!!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 13, 2018
The worst company I’ve ever been employed with. Management treated employees like they were ingrates. Talk down to and belittled on a daily basis. No communication . Very sexist and unhealthy environment.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, toxic environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight