UniFirst
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

UniFirst Employee Reviews

Found 1,435 reviews matching the search
Featured review
UniFirst selected this as a representative review
Having worked multiple positions and worked at multiple locations during my 16 years with Unifirst, two terms that would describe this company would be family and processes. The systems are set in place and trying to do it your own way only complicates things. That's not to say your input isn't valued and applied though. When you work in Service or Sales what you put in is what you get back in terms of compensation. You can go along doing the minimum and be comfortably paid, or you can get out there and hustle for the big checks. The choice is yours. As far as the family atmosphere, that's what it is. There will always be members within a family that disagree with each other or do not get along. At the end of the day, if you are in need, this place will band together and take care of it's own! The proof is in the fact that we have generations of families working here. Would you tell your children to work somewhere awful? I know I would be proud if my sons ended up working here! The major con is working with multiple companies at multiple sites means things out of your control can have a big impact on your day.
Pros
Family Atmosphere, Monday-Friday 1st shift work weeks, benefits
Cons
Things out of your control have an effect on your day
March 6, 2020
Thank you so much for your continued dedication and commitment to UniFirst. Our Team Partners (also known as our UniFirst Family) are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your hard work.
Muy buena empresa se trabaja bien la recomiendo desde el punto de mi puesto de trabajo
Pros
Muy buenos beneficios hasta la fecha que trabaje
Cons
En mi opinión no tengo nada en contra
I'll start by saying I have been at jobs before that don't show appreciation to those who consistently perform if you are not part of the "elite" percentage. UniFirst shows they care about every employee, even when you are having a down week/month. Over the years, the sales side seems to be strengthening into a unified process and the numbers are showing. The schedule is great, the people are great and the job is incredibly fun. The only down side is the low salary and no real relief pay during COVID.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Only shortcoming is the salary for sales representatives, It is at least $10k/year below what it should be, Commissions make up for it, but not every month/quarter is going to be good.
June 7, 2021
Smoke and mirrors and complete 180 flip. Company does not compensate well enough for all the demands and responsibilities put on route sales reps. They want you to do your job ontop of the outside sales rep guys job and be back and off the clock by 5pm daily. After your 10-12 hour work day you come back to have to do another hour of a daily meeting which is just explaining why you credited something or added something to an order. They track everything down to a penny which is concerning on the companies scarcity of losing even a penny. Their stock prices should show how little they have for growth and that they can't offer you the fictional salary they list on their job postings.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes during meetings
Cons
Salary, work loads, management
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
Excellent company but for my body the work took its toll. Management is awesome and the work is very independent yet still very organized. If you are young this would be a great job.
June 7, 2021
Hi there, thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Consistently work as a brand ambassador/territory sales rep to produce high quality consumer relationships and residual growth across a variety of product lines and safety materials consumed on contractual terms and agreements.
Pros
Excellent Training and Management
Cons
Travel
May 18, 2021
Thank you so much for your dedication and commitment to UniFirst. Our Team Partners (also known as our UniFirst Family) are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your hard work.
Don’t let the decent salary fool you,you’re gonna work a lot of hours to earn that money! Start at 5am get off work at 7pm more often than not. Very physical work too so you better have some stamina!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Hours worked
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
This is a good place to work. Everyone is nice and very easy to get along with. And the have good benefits and weekends off and you can get off early. They just don’t pay much and they don’t give raises to often or not at all. And they want you to learn a lot of different stations for the same rate of pay.
Pros
Set schedule and weekends off
Cons
Low rate of pay
May 11, 2021
Hi there, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with us, the feeling is mutual.
Some management had their issues, but most were great as well as everyone who worked in the plant. Micromanagement from the plant manager was really the only main issue. We got a lot more done without him around lol.
May 11, 2021
It pays the bills. The job itself isn't bad, but it's very monotonous after a while and requires a lot of stress to the mind and more so, the body.
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
I don't recommend anyone working here unless you like to be in the midst of drama and arguing having a employee in the same positions as you tell you what your job is supposed to be like she's management being confrontational with everyone that comes into the company...
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
when there not trying to force you to stay over
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
As a route supervisor I was paid a salary for 40 hours. I consistently ended up with 70 hour weeks. Getting up at 4 am and working until 11 pm 5 days a week was just too much
Pros
Cons
management was tone deaf to any complaints about long hours.
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
Too much work, not enough pay. They say you need to add to your route to make more money. Which is understandable but, you have to increase your workload by a ton to even see a small difference. More work with very minimal pay. It's not worth all the extra bull they have you do after route too.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Workload
May 11, 2021
Worked my way up from warehouse to be a route sales representative. You can climb up the ladder if you're motivated. But beware of favoritism and nepotism
Pros
Leaving warehouse, performing your route and meeting people
Cons
Management, work life balance, pay
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
UniFirst is the best company I've worked for. Benefits, paid holidays, sick and vacation time. Flexible. Management is great. I am moving and I'm sad to leave.
Pros
Pto, benefits, culture
Cons
Not very lenient if you run out of PTO.
May 11, 2021
Good company to work for, decent hours depending on Route. Good management, sometimes customers get angry over unclear charges and contract renewals. Overall good job.
May 11, 2021
Corporate really needs to do a surprise visit to the Watervliet plant employees disappearing for hours and so called management turns a blind eye it really is bringing down the moral for the rest that watch this day in and day then to boot they have the same employees working 10 to 15 hours in OT
Pros
Work week
Cons
Read review
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
Unifirst is a great company as a whole, there are some issues with how sales is precieved and what is actually possible. Service does everything they can for the customer but sometimes upper management gets in the way of getting the job done. Overall great staff and everyone works hard for the customers
Pros
Free lunches, advancement, culture
Cons
Unreal expectations, favortism
April 5, 2021
Delivered material to multiple companies. Went to a few different states. Put in a lot of road time. Fast paced. Had to load and unload you own trucks
April 5, 2021
Your either in or out and if you out they fire you and hire a new employees, one of the upper management guys told me they will hire 15 people at once and maybe keep two. They are taking people out of perfectly good employment and kicking them to the curb.
Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
You work minimum 12 hour days, on a good day. Usual work 14 or more. Management makes constant false promises. Not enough training in which you will definitely need. A huge turnover rate in which you can get terminated for anything. They set you up for failure by not properly giving you sufficient training. And put you on a route with extremely unhappy customers that hold up your day constantly.
Pros
Decent pay, weekends off
Cons
Long hours, terrible training, false promises.
March 17, 2021