UniFirst Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible company
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJOctober 19, 2018
Unifirst is managed poorly. The management team care nothing about employees. Commission employees do the job of hourly employees so they can get free work out of them. You have to sort the clothes,load and unload your truck while the hourly employees watch you. Its a sham,and if you get on the bad side of a manager,as a Route Sales Representative, they will cut your route and give it to someone they like.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 18, 2018
delivery and sales, delivering uniforms, and other products to different companies. Also made sells at companies. the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Cons
If you want to move up, kiss up!!
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2018
I worked at UniFirst for a couple of months. While it was going good, there was too much drama in the work place. If you weren’t the managers favorite, you have to just ignore it up because they will tell you what do you want them to do about it!! If you didn’t kiss up to the managers, your basically stuck doing what your doing and no room for advancement. I wouldn’t recommend this place to any of my close friends, family or anyone who asks.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Kiss up to get to the top
Great company
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 10, 2018
Unifirst Is a great place to work in Odessam Tx. AS a RSR I met many new people and really emjoyed working for company. Only apply for RSR if your confortable driving the big trucks
Company is solid Management is not
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXOctober 9, 2018
UniFirst was a great company to work for. Management was a little difficult - there are favorites and if you have been there long enough you will have the upper hand. Enjoyed the work but the environment was horrible. Very disappointed wish it was different.
Productive and fast pace company
Sorter/Slang Operator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 7, 2018
Descend Job nice uniforms to wear..& kool employee's ...Good atmosphere five day work week never kno weekend's...and they get paid every Thursday different culture friendly..
Pros
Nice Employers
Cons
Need better salary
Ability to run a route as your business
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Watervliet, NYOctober 4, 2018
I get to the plant for work at 4:30 in the morning, run my route and return any where from 9:30am and 1:00pm depending on the day. I do my job and no one bothers me. Can be high stress around the holidays due to shortages in product and management covering the extra routes.
Pros
work schedule is mon-fri ample family time
Cons
product shortages
UniFirst
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 3, 2018
Great inter-office relationships! Everyone supported eachother. CSR duties are pretty standard, but quickly became monotonous at this company. Everything was still done with archaic equipment. Assisted in the transition away from paper.
Pros
Supporting staff
Cons
Out-dated systems
Growing Company with great benefits!
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2018
Very rewarding career if you set your mind on growth and development. The hours worked for management depends on your attention to detail and what you want to accomplish. Management has always supported my goals and ideas even when some are crazy, but we cross the bridge together. The family culture is what keeps me here and I have yet to regret waking up in the morning. It is a very demanding "Customer Service" field and it is a personal commodity we offer, but very rewarding. I have enjoyed my career for the past 20 years and look forward to at least another 20!
Pros
Family culture!
Unsatisfied
Emblem Embroider (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 2, 2018
The job was great at first; then they started to take advantage of people. Benefits are decent whenever they decide to actually help you get them. They move you around place to place, they act like they’re willing to help when in reality they don’t care
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
This is a terrible place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 28, 2018
No! This place doesn't know how to treat ther employees and they have a high turn around because they are to strict on the point system .Family gets away with anything
Pros
they feed you once a month
Cons
there management sucks
Fast pace
Department leader (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 26, 2018
Average place to work kinda fast pace ,very hot and smelling at times do to the soil garments otherwise nice place to work good bonuses great Co workers get along well communicate and work together
Pros
Work hours, no weekends
Cons
Very hot in the summer
Customer Development Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 20, 2018
The company really cares and values their employees and customers. I really enjoy how much the company takes care of their employees and helps them out when needed. Training is very extensive and it is necessary to set you up for success.
Could be great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2018
The company could be great if the pay reflected all support staffs hard work. If the RSM would not get offended because the sale reps know more. If corporate and local management actually listened to support staff and sales staff. Average plant employee makes barely minimum wage. Office staff only makes minimum wage, they handle all complaints from sales and RSR's.
Pros
Great local management
Cons
The RSM good. The RSM gets mad if you know more then them, or have correct information.
Good company to work for!
Business Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Typical day is setting appointments(cold calls), and meeting clients I have scheduled previously. Meet with CEOs and deliver my presentation. Close the sale! Leave them with a smile.
Pros
I work at my own pace.
Cons
I have no complaints with my position. I left due to opportunity with my current position.
Stressful
Production (Former Employee) –  Rocky mountSeptember 13, 2018
This place is a good first job for someone young with no family. The pay is not good at all can't afford benefits unless you are salary. Management is poor and there is alot of favoritism. No overtime and can barely make 40 hours. Not a good place to work if you have a family.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor pay
Great
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 12, 2018
Loved the job. It had its moments like any other place. We were a family close everyone knew your name. I enjoyed my ten years at the company and wish I could do more.
Not a bad gig, depending on what job you get
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 4, 2018
Face-paced, very little training. Better know your GPS and route, your locations, and placement spots. Work days can turn into a very long day quickly. Maintenance on vehicles is a bit frustrating.The plant is mainly operated with day labor from the correctional system.
ok place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Not bad, lots of support from the DM's. Fast paced. Enjoyed doing accounts receivable. Not a bad working environment. Kept you on your toes. Branch Manager was pretty easy to work with.
Working as a team.
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 2, 2018
I really like that job because the people will help you when you need help. They also had employee appreciate day when they would other food for every shift .
Pros
It was in walking distance for me
Cons
It was not permitted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight