UniFirst

UniFirst Employee Reviews

United States1,331 reviews
Found 1,331 reviews matching the search
Featured review
UniFirst selected this as a representative review
Family culture
Having worked multiple positions and worked at multiple locations during my 16 years with Unifirst, two terms that would describe this company would be family and processes. The systems are set in place and trying to do it your own way only complicates things. That's not to say your input isn't valued and applied though. When you work in Service or Sales what you put in is what you get back in terms of compensation. You can go along doing the minimum and be comfortably paid, or you can get out there and hustle for the big checks. The choice is yours.
As far as the family atmosphere, that's what it is. There will always be members within a family that disagree with each other or do not get along. At the end of the day, if you are in need, this place will band together and take care of it's own! The proof is in the fact that we have generations of families working here. Would you tell your children to work somewhere awful? I know I would be proud if my sons ended up working here!

The major con is working with multiple companies at multiple sites means things out of your control can have a big impact on your day.
Pros
Family Atmosphere, Monday-Friday 1st shift work weeks, benefits
Cons
Things out of your control have an effect on your day
March 6, 2020
Thank you so much for your continued dedication and commitment to UniFirst. Our Team Partners (also known as our UniFirst Family) are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your hard work.
Good cafeteria
The machines are sometimes hard to run, you had to work on them quite often, it is easy to load and unload hampers, as long as you keep it moving, and the clothes dont pile up on you
June 5, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us, the feeling is mutual.
Turncoat
It started out good.i thought when I put time in and doing more work faster I was going to rise in position and pay. They never gave me what I worked for. 6 years and I was still at 12 dollars a hours. Thanks Unifirst I
June 5, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.
Good place to work management sucks
It was a really good place to work at first. Once you get your own route as a rsr you have to keep accounts from quitting service while the office tells them lies and you have to be the bad guy and tell them the truth... management says they have your back and turn around and put you under the bus to save there own job
June 1, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.
Ton's of career growth and opportunity!
This company is awesome if you are looking to maximize your potential as an outside sales rep! The work environment allows you to take responsibility and run your territory like it is your own business. The training is spectacular and the commission and bonus structure are great.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with us, the feeling is mutual.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great Company for Professional Growth
- Competitive Pay. If your are willing to put in the time and effort then commission can be great.
- This company provides great options for career mobility and room for growth

- 2-3 days a week are spent out of the "office" which provides freedom and creates an environment to test and grow your individual professional capabilities

- Training program is thorough and gives you the tools you need to succeed, as well as tools you can use in other professions or companies.

- Can learn a lot from tenured staff

- Management's success is based on the teams success, so often they are motivational and driven.

- If you cannot handle cold calling 2 days a week, this is not the job for you

- NUMBERS MATTER

- If you are willing to put the time, effort, and drive into this position you will find success, professionally and financially.

- Sometimes the management is overworked/overwhelmed which makes it difficult for lower-tier employees to find 100% success. More often than not, they are there for you as much as they can be.

- Personally, for outside sales reps, this is a position that you find a lot of "young blood" in and I think the company could do slightly better in integrating a "younger" context for this job field. That being said, you can definitely learn a lot from an "older" approach to business as well - hard nosed.
Poor management
The managers not good at there job very disrespectful good place to work if it had the right management good job to work at with the right management.
Route Driver
Starting pay is 43k for a driver. Good thing is that it is completely random and a guy off the street could get a route that pays more then somebody who has years in, it’s all about what route is open when your hired. Bad is long hours Loading and unloading your own truck having to pick your load shorts daily. It’s like Driving customer service sales and manual labor. Pretty stressful is u want success
Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.
Productive and exciting place to work
Great Company, great benefits. I enjoy my day to day work and experience. I am often asked for my input and feel valued as an employee. The training is excellent and thorough. Management involvement in areas is good, not overbearing. Technology might be a little behind. good people. I enjoy working for this family minded Company!
Not inclusive
Not very diverse and if you dont know Spanish you will be bored during most meetings. 1st shift runs smoother because of management but 2nd shift is a mess.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, unorganized, stressful environment
Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.
agrresive environment that allows for limited growth
Office culture is centered around a few of the partners while others seem to be treated "outside of the circle". Many days maagement is disconnected and non responsive to day to day activies.
May 14, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review. We appreciate your contributions to UniFirst.
Use to be a good company
I work at the Nashua nh plant my supervisor who's retiring is the only good manager in the building. The upper management in the building have created a work environment where certain managers are not held accountable for their actions which drives morale of every down. Not one of the upper management should be in the positions they currently are in. First time ive ever seen management let a hole department quit for a new completely inexperienced clueless supervisor!
Pros
Cons
To many to count
Nothing was actually good
I started work at 2:45 am once I loaded my truck did my stops I would be back at 9am mgmt didn’t like that even tho all my work was 100% completed they told me you need to stay out til 10:30 11am mgmt hated that when they came in I was leaving not my fault I finished my route quick but they still didn’t like it
Poorly managed company
Manager gets recruits to come in so he doesn't have to work alone with no intentions of a hire and gets them to do his days work. Its against rules to.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Management is horrid
May 11, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.
New employees get bad routes & you works 60hrs weeks no overtime pay , they give you flat rate pay & you make money according to your route that your assigned there als alot of physical labor inv
Pros
Constant work
Cons
No over time pay for 12+ hrs a day
May 11, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.
Big company small minds in management
They have an open door policy,if you don’t like it the doors open,several of us have complained to corporate and they just don’t care.the only people giving this place more than one star is in management,take the job,but in a month you’ll be on here writing the same review,the only thing that’s going to help this place is a union
May 8, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.
It’s a great company to work for. Lots of hours easy work.
Good long term job. Nice co workers an managers. The hours were good not to late for people who have family’s. You stay busy there is always something to do. Managers am willing to help you out a much as possible.
May 7, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review, we're glad to hear that you enjoy working with us! Thank you for your hard work and contributions to UniFirst.
Pump gas instead
this company is horrible,don’t expect anything but treating like garbage,being lied to.I can’t believe the incompetence in management I don’t know how to run a business but this place is pathetic,the only maintenance you’ll do is clean there is no maintenance and no Human Resources to complain to they’ll tell you if you don’t like it go somewhere else
N/a
My time with UniFirst was stressful, I was in a very negative area with negative managers and coworkers. My first month saw many HR issues which compounded and grew into large issues.
Micro management, lack of trust, aggressive speech, expectations unattainable.
May 4, 2020
It always saddens us whenever any UniFirst Team Partners feels their experience in our organization is a negative one. Moving forward, we hope you’ve found a much better fit for yourself.
Gm and rvp
The upper management is horrible at the Springfield Ma location; zero trust and zero encouragement. I would not recommend this location. I respect corporate vision, but it is not reinforced at lower level, especially at this location.
May 4, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Moving forward, we hope you’ve found a much better fit for yourself – one that meets each and every one of your expectations. .
The family atmosphere
The family atmosphere is what really stands out from other companies. They really care about you as a person, not just as a number or a name on a page.
May 4, 2020
Thank you for submitting a review! We appreciate your contributions to UniFirst.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UniFirst.