Unilever Employee Reviews

Found 1,139 reviews matching the search See all 5,600 reviews
Hostile Work Environment
Great Worker (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCJanuary 16, 2019
You ever get that feeling you are being watched??At Unilever you are!!!Supervisors watch your every move like a prison warden.Even though i honestly think prisoners get treated better.Pay is great,as well as benefits..Management NOOOO! Work environment NOOO! They preach safety safety safety,but that isnt true keep the lines running LOTO..What a joke! Dont work in warehouse its a bald headed preacher that talks to you like your a toddler as well as some of his peers.Makes you want to go on your lunch break and get a 6 pack to drink...Id rather clean up horse manure with my hand the rest of my life for 2 dollars a day than work at Unilever Raeford. Thank God I got blessed with a great career elsewhere or I would have been in a sych ward or worse...Again Worse Company to work for UNILEVER RAEFORD!
Pros
Pay Benefits
Cons
Management(ALL)
Competetive and Socially Conscious Company
Print Services Management (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 3, 2018
Unilever is a global giant in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry. Unilever is in 190 countries with approximately 172,000 employees worldwide (2012 figure).

The company's values exude care for the environment with sustainable sourcing of raw materials, inclusion of many minority groups, diversity in hiring practices, agile working and emphasis on work life balance. Their are some terrific benefits inclusive of tuition assistance, career development, secondments, 401k match of 5%, etc.

Overall this company is fast moving and competitive with a keen eye for business. They are socially aware and care about the environment which shows in sustainable sourcing practices.
Pros
Fitness center in many headquater locations, work life balance, compet
Cons
Global red tape, Commoditization of IT, Lack of organizational consistency
Excellent company with great people
Supply/ Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJanuary 3, 2019
Unilever was a good company as well as a company which provided great support and assistance when it came to educational
However due to internal policies if you were not part of the graduate programmer you were not considered for promotional opportunities
As a worker we had to teach graduates how and what our jobs entail
every year a new batch of graduates would com into the department and we were required to teach/show them Supply Chain works within Unilever
SAP Operation and implementation
Production Planning and inventory management
Master Planned
Demand Planning
Inventory Management
Distribution planning
Buyer
Working with people who supported through difficult days and made going to work enjoyably
Great work environment, culture, and benefits
Trade Marketing Analyst, Business Development Team (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 17, 2018
Unilever has great people to work with, and is very competitive in terms of compensation, benefits, bonuses, 401k match, HSA contribution, and yearly merit raise opportunities.
Pros
Reimbursement for gym membership if not working on campus, 6% 401k match
Cons
Business restructuring so layoffs can occur like anywhere else
Challenging Plant Life and Systems
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
Unilever has a challenging plant life with head count reductions and increased work loads to compensate leading to poorer work/life balance and loss of overall process sustainability within the plants.
Unilever's system's themselves are very compartmentalized and a heavy reliance on subcontractors and consultants has led to significant gaps in knowledge and support when individuals leave or contracts run out. The "help" systems themselves seem set up to discourage and misdirect employees. This pair of problems has created an environment where problem resolution is a challenge and ownership is sparse.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Systems
Great Company to work for.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2018
Overall Unilever is a great company to work for. The Upper Management Team has no problems getting their hands dirty and helping however they can. Does provide great work/life balance. Benefits aren't so great. Health Insurance Premiums are costly and not that great for out of pocket expenses.
Terrible Management
Manufacturing Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 11, 2018
As a production/manufacturing supervisor you will work 14 - 17 hours a day, coming in on off days to keep up with your workload.
Management is poor and erratic, one day the team is perfect and the next day everything is terrible. High supervisor turnover, multiple supervisors have been suspended for operator rumors without any proof. There is no job security at Unilever Independence.

The money is good, but it's not worth the work life balance.
Great place to start out
Procurement Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJune 10, 2018
Unilever's US corporate offices are a phenomenal starting point to grow and establish a career base.

The Pros: Medical Benefits, tuition reimbursement with minimal loyalty period (some restrictions apply), parental leave for newborns, and flexible work arrangement, modern facility, internal company store, competitive starting salary,

The cons: work life balance, lack of vertical movement, minimal salary increases, salary capped movement, retaining of employees with 5+ years of experience.
Great company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 28, 2018
Great advancement opportunities. Worked a lot of hours. Leadership was phenomenal. Great culture. Must love competitive environment in order to succeed.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Long work hours
This is a big learning ground for me.
Facility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Engineering, Supply ChainJuly 4, 2018
a typical day at work was refreshing cause I always learn something new, I learnt how maintain a boiler house, how to maintain and repair of ac, basic on wielding, pumps, valve, air receiver's, how to care for your environment , culture of the work place is so inspiring, cause I learnt about safety and maintenance culture well, which I thought we have lost in this part of the world, this inspired me to go get my certification in Health, Safety and Equipment and Project Management Profession, the hardest part is that demands is very high which brings me to enjoying the job and pushing me to bring to best out of me, making me think on my feet.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long break, housing and transport allowances, average medical insurance for me and my family
Great place to work. Global company and very environmentally responsible
Supply Chain Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 8, 2019
Unilever had up to date systems, very professional atmosphere, and an environment for employees to advance in their careers.Mangers fostered learning and held people accountable for their actions.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Nothing to conplain about
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Gather consumers contact information to document every call and send out coupons. Answering incoming calls for complains, inquiries, suggestions, and praises about our products. Processing fulfillments to send out coupons and letters to the consumer.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Short breaks
Good paying job. Overtime opportunities
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 12, 2018
Good company with a huge stress on site safety. Management was good as well but appeared to change quickly through promotions and staff moving. I enjoyed my job and the crew I worked with.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Getting used to night schedule and being off every other weekend
Stressful . Upper mngmt in it for themselves
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 2, 2019
The positive reviews I have read were posted by people other than production personnel so yes they will say positive words. The company has been spiraling down for the last 2 years. Equipment that won't stay running coupled with management that will threaten you with your job and destroy what trust the employees have in them by promising a bonus for 11 months and recanting in the eleventh hour for a host of reasons yet manage to get a hefty bonus for themselves; even though they did not produce one single product that made money for the company. I won't work for a company like that.

As far as the CEO I don't think they have a clue how this plant is being run. If he does you already have my opinion.
Pros
Good pay if you can stand the B.S.
Cons
Current management and the B.S.
Don’t appreciate good help.
Line supply Operator (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCNovember 8, 2018
I came to work everyday did my job, work overtime if I had to. I felt that wasn’t enough. You know when you learn a job it takes some getting used to something your not familiar with. Oh NO not there, you get wrote up and after 3 write ups your gone. People makes mistakes I can see if it’s 3 or 4 in one month yes something should be done, then again if the product doesn’t leave the building where the mistake is made why are you firing the individual. The rules are mess up, the people some are friendly and some are not, it’s like that everywhere. A lot of stress put on an individual, if the rules wasn’t so strict yes but until then I wouldn’t recommend. They don’t give people chances was only there for 7 months drove a forklift never hit nothing made 3 mistakes and never late never called out and fired you be the judge.
Pros
Discount store
Cons
Too strict, loose good workers, bad turnover rate
Poor Management, no work-life balance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Century, KSJanuary 4, 2019
long hours and massive OT. yes the pay was great but they expect you to be this modern day slave. no life balance only work work due to poor management. there is no game plan or supervision.
Pros
great pay
Cons
modern day slavery
Great place to learn, advance and have fun while doing it.
Senior Management Positions (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMay 16, 2018
Unilever provides an incredible career opportunity and benefits for those who are dedicated, have strong work and personal ethics and can adapt in an eve changing world.
Pros
Career development via opportunity to work with multiple business functions, enables growth across all areas of IT, International Opportunities
Cons
Competitive Environment - A Motivator if you don't like being challenged!

Comment – May 18, 2018

Should read - "Competitive Environment - A Motivator if you don't MIND being challenged!". Could not find a way to edit in indeed without deleting and completely re-entering.

great place to work wish it hadn't closed
Shipper/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 6, 2018
was a great place to work .would probably still be there if it hadn't closed.had decent management good benefits good insurance and reasonable vacation time.
Pros
was a great job
Cons
local location closed in 2009
great benefits
Coach-World Class Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 4, 2018
Worked in Personal Care Mfg. Good place to work. Safe and clean. Jobs were not extremely hard and working conditions were good. Strong safety culture.
Pros
Regular hours and good benefits
Cons
Tough to move up without transfer
my thoughts
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNNovember 12, 2018
basically a decent place to work. standard requirements to do job. no stability need better management. stressful and favoritism showed. decent benefits and pay
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no ability to progress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.6K
41.9K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss