Unilever Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
52.4K
41.8K
Found 1,004 reviews matching the search See all 5,170 reviews
summer days were longer ,we had to make more product to sell
Senior Accounting Specialist, Purchasing/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 15, 2018
The hardest part of the job were the long days in the summer.A typical day at work was from early morning to sometimes 6 pm at night.The most enjoyable part of the job,was testing the new ice cream flavors.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
long days
Company Store, Charitable Giving
HR Ops Specialist (Backup HRBP) (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 7, 2018
The company store boosts morale of all workers. It is something everyone is missing.

The charitable giving is also another great perk for the community. It is missed today.

Overall Unilever is very good in boosting morale around them. This is wonderful.
This is a big learning ground for me.
Facility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Engineering, Supply ChainJuly 4, 2018
a typical day at work was refreshing cause I always learn something new, I learnt how maintain a boiler house, how to maintain and repair of ac, basic on wielding, pumps, valve, air receiver's, how to care for your environment , culture of the work place is so inspiring, cause I learnt about safety and maintenance culture well, which I thought we have lost in this part of the world, this inspired me to go get my certification in Health, Safety and Equipment and Project Management Profession, the hardest part is that demands is very high which brings me to enjoying the job and pushing me to bring to best out of me, making me think on my feet.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long break, housing and transport allowances, average medical insurance for me and my family
Easy going day
Basic operator (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 28, 2018
My day at work is very easy going. It’s a slow steady pace nothing is really hard time seems to just fly by a lot of nights this is a very great place to work
money not worth the drama
Hand Packer (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJune 25, 2018
stay away far away. they teach about integrity but not one of them have it. very few good ppl out there and lots of frauds who will stab you in the back at any moment.
Pros
money
Cons
the other 99%
Nice place to work
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJune 25, 2018
Unilever is and has been a great experience for me. I do believe that every business has their way of running things to the best of their ability. Unilever is a nice place to work.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Long hours and weekends
Great Place to Work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 20, 2018
Overall Unilever is a great place to work with great benefits. Unilever is focused on sustainable initiatives. There are many opportunities to advance if you are willing to relocate.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity if you are not able to relocate
good place to work
Supply Chain Line Planner (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 20, 2018
This is a good place to work. Promotions are had if you really work hard and try to learn all you can.

They give you opportunity to go to school, they will help with tuition, that is a plus.
Great Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 19, 2018
I had the honor of working at Unilever as an Intern enlisted by The Workplace. Overall, the ambiance is very relaxed and easy-going. Not sure if this how the workflow is normally conducted, but I will take it. I was able to help assist working on the company SharePoint site. This was a huge honor for me because I had never heard of SharePoint or how it was operated. Thanks to a dedicated staff, we are able to cover the basics and overall design for how it will look. I had a supervisor who I am very close with who I also had the privilege working with. My favorite part, was the deeply discounted prices for Unilever products. There is this little store located inside the building. Once stepping inside there, I never wanted to leave!! Products they manufacture such as; Dove, Axe St. Ives, etc were extremely affordable than they would be at local retailers. I would recommend this internship to anyone who is willing to spend the summer learning about management or customer service while having a good time. I truly enjoyed my time here as everyone was so welcoming and humble.
Pros
Discounts, Creative atmosphere, Flexible hours, Extremely friendly staff
Willing to support training and good compensation
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Century, KSJune 16, 2018
Anytime I asked for training I was supported in my interests. Compensation and benefits are very good. The company is more focused on relationships and developing team atmosphere than results.
Very demanding but hopefully rewarding
Associate CMI Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJune 14, 2018
Worked in different departments....remote/agile work a plus...can login from anywhere. Management makes or breaks your experience...many micro managers that only want things done their way
Equipment Operator
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 12, 2018
Long hours but good benefits. The job itself isn't too difficult, decent training. Company store is an added benefit. The production area is climate controlled so it's not too hot.
Great place to start out
Procurement Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJune 10, 2018
Unilever's US corporate offices are a phenomenal starting point to grow and establish a career base.

The Pros: Medical Benefits, tuition reimbursement with minimal loyalty period (some restrictions apply), parental leave for newborns, and flexible work arrangement, modern facility, internal company store, competitive starting salary,

The cons: work life balance, lack of vertical movement, minimal salary increases, salary capped movement, retaining of employees with 5+ years of experience.
The best job I’ve had! It’s cold, but it’s maintainable.
Ice Cream Maker (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJune 10, 2018
Unilever is the most easiest relaxed job ever! All you have to do is follow the rules. Everything is easy! It’s very interesting how things work there.
N/a
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJune 8, 2018
Poor Management is probably the worst part of this job. Employee opinions matter very little even though the employees are the ones who does the job everyday.
My opinion of Jonesboro Plant.
Technical Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed Unilever. I liked the pace of work and environment. I would like to be working there now, but I attend school in a different state. I was working at the Jonesboro, Arkansas plant. I didn't feel stressed and was pretty much at ease.
No longer
Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 1, 2018
This position is no longer available. I enjoyed my time working for them. I worked with spices, We actually had to close our division and they were quite fair when compensating.
Flexible work hours/management easy to talk to
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed working from home. Loved the flexible hours. Upper management was inconsistent and did not convey proper expectations. My direct manager was fantastic. Easy to talk to, and walked me through any questions that I had.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Upper management
The best place I have worked ever.
Manufacturing Excellence Specialist. (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaMay 30, 2018
Unilever is a high motivation company that care about yourself. You have a great work/balance. Some time have a lot of meeting but it is part of the strategy. You can work remote.
Pros
Work remote. Good leadership. Great culture.
Cons
Meetings.
overall i liked the job itself
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 29, 2018
super easy job if you like really fast pace
my shift was 7a-3p
I worked what ever line I was assigned
the culture was diverse
I learned how to move quickly
the hardest part is the heat
the most enjoyable is always busy that time flies by fast