Unilever Employee Reviews

Found 1,163 reviews matching the search See all 5,773 reviews
Terrible Place to Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 22, 2019
Terrible place to work, long 12 hour shifts, mandatory overtime. People constantly getting written up for which ever reason Management decides that week, or whatever direction the wind happens to be blowing that particular day, people also getting fired for different reasons. Management making threats to employees, HR lady makes threats and uses her "rent a cop" Hubby to follow through on them if she feels necessary.
Pros
Company Store/discounts
Cons
12 hr shifts, no time off, stressful work environment, no job security.
Great benefits
Klondike (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNMarch 21, 2019
I loved working at Unilever. They paid good and you were always guaranteed to work every day except maybe 2 days but that suddenly. They weren't like these other jobs being off a whole week and stuff like that
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Killingworth, CTMarch 21, 2019
This job was fair. Met great ppl in the process. I had to package up the products that came across the belt in a timely fashion. Also I ahd to put pallets together. I left the job because I found another
fast pace and little training
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 21, 2019
the training in tea was extensive but they didn't have any procedures to hep if you had any questions. We made procedures 2 weeks before I was bumped out of this position. The Knorr side was new but the training lacked. The machines ran so fast the at least 30 percent of the product was scrapped, there was product on the floor most of the time. I had to check the expiration dates and there were times that they were wrong for the entire day. Several pallets were put on hold as a result.
Pros
my manager let me work all the overtime that I wanted
Cons
there was no room for advancement
Typical Day
Lead Tech High Altitude Volume Displacement test (Current Employee) –  Hnederson NVMarch 14, 2019
Everyday at the workplace is different. Some people are held at a higher standard than others,resulting in a lack of consistency in the workplace. Yet, i had the passion to thrive in this type of environment.
Pros
Time passes fast while at work
Cons
I was responsible for my workload and others.
TDM (Current Employee) –  MidwestMarch 12, 2019
Unilever is an excellent place to work. They provide supports that are unheard of in the industry and an structure that allows for ownership of your business.
Unilever.
Hand Packager (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNMarch 12, 2019
Work is work, i would never expect to love it. Unilever pays well,and the jobs that they offer arent hard to maintain at all. I like working their but i would like it even more if i was full time.
Pros
Not to hectic
Cons
short breaks
It was a very exciting place to work. I enjoyed working there
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 12, 2019
My typical day at work was good. Everyone there in the LOB did work with you. There wasn't really a hard part of the job. Would I recommend this job? Sure
Productive workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNMarch 11, 2019
Good work environment. I liked the people I was around. My shift leader was very nice to all of use. They should’ve gave use lockers to put our things in but over all loved it.
Pros
We 3 breaks
Cons
It was slow on weekends
productive
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 11, 2019
I worked on a machine line that was at about everybodys pace. we packed different products in boxes and some multiple different products in one box. very good environment to work in and very clean
It was a productive company to work for and they reward you for your accomplishments
Line Tech (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCMarch 11, 2019
I was the main person everyone came to if they had a problem they couldn’t figure out. I would always try to hit past out target for production. I also rarely called a mechanic to the line because I knew how to fix the problems on the line unless something was electrical and something had to be replaced. I would always try to stay busy throughout the night to past time by. I also pulled my teammates together to work as a team.
Pros
Free product giveaways and its great pay
Cons
Long walk to time clock and you have to get dressed upon entering the plant
stressfull place
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMarch 10, 2019
2018 was told by production manager don't shut line even with ice cream bars falling in the floor where the hand packer was working making it very unsafe , that will get you walked out if you don't do what they say but at the same time if you do and a supervisor walks up then its a different story .and when managers are asked they didnt tell you to do that ,go figure they don't want to loose their job too .
other then management its not that bad of a place if you like overtime
Pros
ice cream
Cons
management
Bad workplace morale
QA/ Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNMarch 9, 2019
was subjected to age discrimination at Unilever. Filed complaint the plant manager admitted guilt, yet got by with it. Very poor management. High turnover rate due to poor management and treatment of employees.
Pros
close to home
C depeal material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2019
Retire from Unilever in 2016 great place to work for management have to listen to the employees because they do the job management ask for ideas but don't listen to them if company was smart hired some ex employees to work during vacation time coworkers are the greatest I work for management should do some of jobs for 4 hours
Pros
Paid is good great coworkers
Cons
Lot of OVERTIME if you're not lazy
Machine operator
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNMarch 4, 2019
Overall working at Unilever wasn't do bad other than it was an extremely large facility and required alot of walking..the oay for this area is ok..the manager are not understanding and they like the experience to do tjier jobs..
Pros
To arge
Cons
Pay
Does not value contract employees
Specification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 3, 2019
Probably a decent place to work if you were to come in as a full time employee off the bat but if you're coming in as a contract good luck. The management doesn't do much training, you'll have to learn most of it from the other contract employee's there as they don't have anyone designated to train you.
A good place to work for free ice cream
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNMarch 1, 2019
Unilever is a fast paced work environment. You will need to learn how to work quick with your hands and feet to stay on point with the assembly line. They are very helpful in assisting you if needed.
Unilever (Current Employee) –  CTFebruary 28, 2019
I have enjoyed working at Unilever for a number of years and have worked with several people that have taught me a great deal about the business. It's a place that I would recommend to others.
Pros
company store, benefits, 401k, alternate work arrangements
Summary
Consumer Insights Manager (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 27, 2019
I've worked for Unilever for 30 years and have been very fortunate to work for such a great company. I have worked on many projects and had the ability to shape my career.
Driven by growth and productivity
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 26, 2019
Maintain both internal and external team/customer contact to drive growth and productivity.

Engage and collaborate with internal partners for daily great execution.

Engage with numerous facets of the Unilever Supply Chain to deliver determined metrics.
Pros
Agile workplace, vacation, yearly bonus
Cons
Not a standard 9 to 5, 5 day work week company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.7K
42K

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight