Union Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

No information to share
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 22, 2019
I do not have any additional information to add. Union is a great bank and I learned a tremendous amount. Thanks for the opportunitiy to leave a comment
Professional, focused work place
Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exmore, VAApril 1, 2019
Union bank and trust is an excellent place to work. The employees are helpful focused and interested. The company is broad, involved and sincere. Wonderful professional experience.
Pros
Pto, Heath insurance, retirement option
Cons
Rigid, large, very corporate
Used to love, now I dread going into work
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 1, 2019
At first I loved the job and I loved being Lead Teller. Then they changed the goals in their effort to be a bigger bank and thats when things got ridiculous. I was expected to be an expert in policy and MCP, coach the tellers, manage the vault and ATM, and then they wanted me to perform and achieve the SAME goals as a regular teller, who doesn’t have near as much extra to do.
Add to that my hateful and hypocritical manager, who would rather satisfy the needs of cry-baby, spoiled customers than DEFEND HER TEAM for UPHOLDING POLICY, I’m ready to leave.
While the pay is good and the benefits and PTO are great, its not worth the mental torment and berading from a manager who is 10 years past her expiration date.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Pto
Cons
Management.
Do your job and go home.
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VANovember 18, 2018
As the bank grows the environment is changing. Politics are present more than ever before. Union tends to want to hire externally instead of developing teammates from within for the next level of advancement.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Favoritism
High energy position
Teller (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 24, 2018
High energy position yet enjoyable customer interaction. Lots of camaraderie among the employees. Understanding management with personal matters. Also comfortable business dress code.
Creepy old and crook, harassing coworker hitting on male customers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 23, 2018
Union bank untrust is a good company, but the coworkers act like partners in crime. One of the coworker made a commercial cash deposit of $2400 into her personal account and she did not scan the deposit ticket, when the customer called back she withdrew it from her account and deposited into the customer’s account with the knowledge of assistant manager. Not fired instantly. On a surprise Mcp audit, she was short $150, but again not instantly fired. She physically rubs her body on coworkers. It was all covered up.
Pros
Good training at HQ Ruthersglen office
Cons
Creepy old, crooked, harassing coworker; unprofessional work environment
Wouldn't tell my worst enemy to work here
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  VaOctober 8, 2018
NO communication from upper management what so ever. This company has made anyone that was great at their jobs leave and the ones of us that are still there are actively looking for a new job. The almighty dollar is all this company cares about. If you are looking to work for a community bank please don't be fooled into thinking this is it. They try to promote the culture of a small town bank feel but it is FAR from that!! They are busy gobbling up all the small hometown banks and stripping that culture from them.
Pros
PTO is good, but you need it to work here!
Cons
Terrible upper management, no room for advancement as they hire from outside
Nice place to work
Financial Services Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 5, 2018
Union is mostly a great place to work. They push you to continue to learn. They offer assistance with college. They pay for any travel and dining fees while traveling. They will take care of their employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some branches have poor leadership
It's a job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAAugust 6, 2018
The work itself is not too bad but the goals they expect you to meet are a little ridiculous. They say they don't allow overtime but then if somebody is sick or calls out you are expected to work regardless of what you have planned and they frown upon you if you do not stay. The management is different depending on the location you work but it seems they only care about the job and what you're doing for them and they do not care about your well being at all. The biggest plus for the job is the PTO policy. You start with 15 days and you can use them for sick days or vacation days, however you need them.
No regrets
Financial Service Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time here but I am done. Great place to get started, low key and not overly stressful. Feed back is light, but consistent. There is a lot of flexibility in policy (for people with good accounts) and exceptions are the norm. It's great when your trying to help a regular, not so great when the same customer goes to a different branch and is treated differently.

Different branch managers will give the job/company a very different feel. I love my manager, your results may vary.
Pros
Low stress, Work/Life balance
Cons
Pay, technology is outdated/slow
Would not recommend
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 30, 2018
Upper management doesn't care about its day-to-day employees, they don't care about your tenure or loyalty to the bank or customers. There's no room for growth within the company, and even though your branch managers are amazing they have little to no pull on the monarchy of their district manager(s).
Your concerns go unheard and un-cared for because it's not part of the "bigger picture". The only thing that's important to them is their sales goals.
They fee the customers to death, and if a company seemingly doesn't care about their customers, what makes you think they care about their employees?
Cons
management, upper management, moral
good place to work
Bank teller duties (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 23, 2018
Good place to work, great people and the customers are great. If you need help with something, the company comes through. Have been there for a few years and havent had any issues.
Limited to no advancement
FSA (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 22, 2018
Union loves to hire from the outside while not promoting their employees from within. Employee turn around in the branches is rampant. Everyday someone is leaving the company. Rather pay to train new employees who don't know the system than to promote employees who do.
Cons
No advancement
PMO Project Manager needs help
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAJune 14, 2018
The Program Manager is cold and lacks the personality to bond with anyone. Daily verbal abuse and a condescending attitude based on this person's knowledge base is unacceptable. Learning from this person is impossible and daily work life is toxic at best.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
PMO Program Manager
IMAGE AND PRODUCTION SERVICES SPECIALIST I (Current Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAJune 6, 2018
The part that I love most about working here is that they are very people focused. Our customers are viewed as our family and friends and the same applies to co-workers. This is a work environment where people really do care and that is irreplaceable.
Great growing bank
Financial Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAJune 4, 2018
Union is great place to start your career in banking. They have some great locations and hours. Very strong leadership from the top down. They have very solid mid management in place.
Very interactive work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 30, 2018
Very interactive work environment everyone is very welcoming. Every one is always willing to help and answer your questions. I will recommend anyone to work here.
Small bank that is now shifting to big bank
Operations (Current Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAMay 30, 2018
Union is a good place to work. Growing into becoming a mid sized mid atlantic bank. Efficiency ratio is driving force at this point and any area that isn't factoring into that ratio is going to be eliminated. People are great and overall a good company.
Pros
Great people, good atmosphere
Cons
Still trying to break out of the small bank mentality
Learned a lot
Financial Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 24, 2018
When I began this job I was just getting out of college and did not have a lot of in depth knowledge of finances. Working for Union has taught me a lot about things like how loans work, credit, and financial planning. I can now take these skills and not only help my customers improve their financial situations but improve my own as well.
Productive and fun place to work
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMay 13, 2018
Able to connect with customers to provide excellent customer service. Great benefits allowed to employees to have to use. The paid holidays are a great bonus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Bank & Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight