Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2018
Gained a wealth of knowledge: duties included physicians order in Kardex. Maintaining patient chart.(admission, in house and discharge) Resident schedule monitoring. Everyone worked together as a team.
The work at Union Memorial was fun exciting career driven exceptional people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  1240 University ParkwayJanuary 31, 2018
Working at Union Memorial was a pleasure professional people professional atmosphere team driven schedule was flexible allotted personal days off with pay it was just a well-rounded experience
Pros
The people the atmosphere the pay
Cons
The psych ward could get challenging at times
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2018
I never had no problems with working at Union it’s a great place to work.Everyone was nice and peaceful.They had no problem with helping you if you needed help. I would recommend anyone to work or to come to Union for any care.
Pros
Nice hospital
Cons
Nice hospital
best job ever
Operations Manager - House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2018
This was my favorite place to work
friendly, helpful staff , greet place for advancement
there is a employee break room for the entire hospital staff
the cafe' is a greet place to meet up with friends
Pros
everyone kept a smile on their face
Cons
work overloaded at times
fun, productive work environment
OR tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2017
There were 5-7 xray techs staffed daily which took a lot of pressure from or off.
Learned various fluroscopic and or procedures.
Management was very flexible with staff.
Employees were always willing to help one another.
Hardest part of job was being on call.
Most enjoyable part of job was management showing appreciation for efforts staff made.
Pros
Celebrating xray tech week and showing appreciation during holiday season.
umh
Phlebotomist Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2017
I worked in the clinic and phlebotomy lab. I worked with adults and pediatrics enjoyed working with my co-workers and patients. Sometimes when the children did not keep still to get there blood drawn
Pros
learning experience and not far from residence
Cons
overall a fun you can get to know people they are good advocates for my needs and some were there to help support me while working if a had any issue
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 26, 2017
Union Memorial is an overall good place to work people are nice i knew everyone my coworkers were helpful if i didnt understand job duties or i needed somone to talk to are help getting done some task that i moved slow in it was difficult to multi task due to cereabal palsy but i hung in there and did what i could do for a year
Pros
good pay something, to look forward to when getting up in the morning, and saying this is fun im proud to work here
Cons
short break too fast paced some nosy coworkers
Hospital now Cmc
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCDecember 16, 2017
My main job was to register patients. I learn data entry and patient billing. The hardest part of this job was seeing patients die.This hospital is no longer in existence it is now Carolina healthcare
Pros
Great doctors and nurses
Cons
Upper Management
positive experience and work enviorment
Environmental Sanitation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2017
fast paced enviorment with good co-workers sometimes a little stressful due to fast pace but overall enjoyable.this was difficult job to leave but had to relocate. would return if opportunity presented itself.
Pros
health care
Cons
30 min. lunches
growing rehab department
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2017
I started there as a new graduate and had many opportunities offered. Work caseload was unevenly distributed - management was inconsistent and not supportive (unable to vs unwilling to). Other opportunities came my way. Would recommend as a great place for a slightly more experienced therapist.
Pros
many specialties in one medical center
Cons
many therapists and little tech support
The people I worked with were great
Director of Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 13, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. I would have never left except my wife got a job too far away for me to drive so I went to work for First Health. I truly loved this job. It was the best.
Pros
The kind people
Cons
The CEO at the time was kind of hard but fair.
most of the time over worked and under paid
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2017
I enjoy taking care people. The level of care required needs more time than we you can offer. Something has to give in order for the care needed versus amount to offer can be balanced. Less documentation or lesser patient load.
Productive and fun
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Union Memorial Hospital is one of the best places I have worked in my life. My colleagues and my bosses are awesome to work with - my departmental members work as if we are members of the same family.
Good work atmosphere
Surgical Technologist/ Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2017
Excellent place to work. Family culture and everybody looks out for each other. Management team for the most part are transparent. Good benefits and everyone for the most part are very approachable.
Pros
Professional and friendly employees
Cons
Small community hospital, no variety in cases
You get a chance to meet different people
Multi Functional Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed the I care status that they abide by. This was something that helped me to grow in the company. It was a great thing to know that all of got caring acts never went unnoticed.
Pros
Great workplace.
Cons
There were none
na
Clerical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2017
its a very nice place to work staff is friendly and welcoming.. the food is ok but I love the gift shop they have its very nice and clean and if you d
Nurses suck
Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2017
The hospital cares only about the nurses whether they are right or wrong. All the new nurses coming out of school dont know how to do anything but pass meds. They expect the techs to do everything while the nurses sit around and chart all shift. If a nurse complains about you to management, they take the word of tje nurse no matter what. The techs do most all the work and get treated the worst. There is no respect given. You end up having to teach nurses how to do things and they still feel the need to disrespect you and the years you have been on the medical field.
Pros
There were no pros when i worked there
Cons
Just lack of respect and lack of pay for back breaking labor
Productive & Care free
Medical Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2017
Great place to work at, I only volunteered but for the short amount of time I was there I met people from janitors to ceos everyone is there to help you or atleast help the volunteers.
Pros
Free lunches & lengthy breaks
Cons
Environmental Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
Do your work and mind your business and watch the company that you keep.go there and do the work that you are paid to do and don't get caught up in other people business
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Its average
Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
I want work diffrent medstar.cause i want to see about change and i want grow some more.But i do love taking care of patitents and meeting new people.