Union Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Job movement
Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTNovember 26, 2018
Not interested in moving to another location. Stuck at the same office. Time for a change. No locations near me. I have advanced as far as I can at my current location.
Department is a laid back, easy going
Investor Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2018
A typical day is usually includes a handful of daily deadlines. A lot of the work is thru Excel. Improvement using latest technology could be improved
Pros
Boss works with you regarding making up time for emergencies
Cons
Lack of moving forward with Technology. Noisy department
Challenging positions
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHNovember 20, 2018
Company promotes from within and values long term employees. Company looks for value added ideas and encourages employees to submit and discuss ideas with management.
Great location to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILNovember 12, 2018
Customers are awesome, and the team atmosphere was great to work with. Management at the location was nice to work with, and everyone was very knowledgeable.
Working with family
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILSeptember 25, 2018
The environment at Union Savings Bank was excellent. It's like working with family. The environment is a professional exterior with a warm interior. I formed bonds with the customers and the staff that are long-lasting.
Pros
Friendly, warm
It was good, just not good timing for me right now
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILSeptember 13, 2018
A typical work day was slow with spurts that were a little chaotic but there was always plenty of time to be able to get to know your co-workers and that I really appreciated. The hours are good except for me personally didn't work out due to my circumstances. Good people in Belvidere thats for sure.
Pros
hour lunches, good workers
Cons
not many hours available, upper management isn't the best
no where to go
accounting (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2018
Laid back company, To small which means there is not a ladder to climb. Laid back and relaxed work environment. Is a little old school and doesn't want to update their technology.
Company is very shady
Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2018
worked long hours 12 to 15 hours a day. some weeks 7 days. many times I did everything on a loan and loan officer did nothing. Co-worker taught me a lot.
Pros
great co-workers in my department.
Cons
company hire employes with falony records.
Great Place to work
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at work is everyone helping each other to get the job done. We had meetings every day to go over what program or guideline has changed. The hardest part of the job was working with foreclosed properties.
Pros
Free lunches when goals are meet.
Cons
The management
Horrendous Culture & Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 24, 2018
This organization is full of favoritism, bullying and negativity. I was constantly being chastised for following directions and processes. I was micro-managed by people who had no relevance. Please do not waste your time. I would not wish this culture on anyone.
Pros
Cons
WORST Culture, Negativity, Favoritism, Management doesn’t care
Stressful Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJuly 23, 2018
Most managers are not for career advancement. Sales metrics are unfair. This place is going from a small community bank to a company that focuses on pushing products on customers.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management; unrealistic sales goals
Good work/life balance
Loan Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 4, 2018
Management is respectful of the importance of caring for family.
My supervisor is a very caring individual and treats us to delicious homemade baked goods and a constantly stocked candy jar.
Negative
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 29, 2018
They put people in Mangement who does not care about employees unless they have a good looking body. I saw many things that did not need to be seen at our office when I worked there.
Loan Servicing /Escrow Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2018
Unable to review anything positive about the company. If you have an important role to perform you will be treated well and if you don't and they no longer need you, you will be treated poorly. The hardest part is staying on good terms with upper management for job security
Pros
Cons
unbelievable
Poor management
Title- Teller (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2018
This is a very hostile working environment. I would not suggest working here. The people here only care about themselves and are very rude. Don’t apply.
Lacks Depth and Quality of Senior Management
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 4, 2018
Very flat management structure. Great employees but not a fun place to work. Management tends to forget they have a network outside of Danbury. Not a lot of room for advancement
Great Company
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 19, 2018
USB has been one the best companies that I have worked for. The management and staff are very eager to make sure that the job is complete. Our community involvement also nice to see.
I would recommend to any future employees.
Outstanding Company - Very generous, caring and giving!
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 17, 2018
Great company, very employee and family oriented. Very laid back and extremely customer focused. They make every attempt to "do what is right" for the customers. Some of the best co-workers I have ever had the pleasure to work with in all my 30 years of banking experience.

They take good care of their employee's and truly care about giving back to the community and those in need of assistance, it is a very humbling experience to watch the selfless giving of the owners and employee's who volunteer to help make their communities a better place to live.

Best decision I made to join this company, two thumbs up!
Pros
Employee focused, great location, co-workers
Cons
Need the ability to to E-Sign closings.
Review
Head Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 19, 2018
good work environment, customer service, easy low key job, not considered real banking because of how slow it can be on a regular bank. Mainly mortgage payments and deposits/
Great programs, horrible pay , and difficult/rude coworkers “support staff”
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2018
It’s a good place to get your foot in the door to the mortgage business. Although the training was lackluster. The pay is probably one of the lowest out there. 50 basis points is horrendous and they rarely, if at all, provide you with any leads. You have to pay for leads and create your own mailers out of pocket. They will pay for postage. The technology is from the mid 90s, and you can’t even enter applications online or send stips to processors online. Everything is done manually, thus harder to convince realtors to use you when you’re processing paperwork as if you were Amish.

The good part is that there is flexibility with working from home and in the office as long as you’re hitting your numbers. They have good products, which is why the pay is so low. But realtors don’t care about pricing as much as they care about flexibility in your programs and the ability to follow through in a timely manor. The support staff in which you work with on a daily basis is rude and not very helpful. Everyone I dealt with internally treated me as if I were bothering them. The only person I had to really help me was my manager, and if he was busy, forget it. Probably the rudest internal staff I’ve ever worked with in my entire career. If you lack knowledge, they talk down to you as if you’re supposed to know everything. Even when you’re nice and polite, it doesn’t matter. Especially to some of the higher ups in the processing/underwriting. They make you feel as if Sales, processing, and underwriting are all on different islands. Very unprofessional.

I would seriously recommend passsing
  more... on this if you are looking to get into mortgages or already have your license. The pay alone should turn you away. There are way better options.  less
Pros
Good programs, and low pricing, schedule flexibility
Cons
Coworkers are rude, pay is low, no leads or marketing, turns into commission only after a few months, technology is behind the times, training is short and uninformative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight