Uniontown Hospital Employee Reviews

Well rounded facility
Financial Access Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 13, 2019
I loved working here, it had prepared me for my future career as an LPN. When my school in finished in the next year I will be applying for a position as an ER nurse. I loved the atmosphere & all of the things you see and do.
Like working in front line battle zone
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 29, 2018
over worked understaffed non caring management nonadhesive co-workers, management favorites. New graduates lack proper skills and mentoring. Many are sent into the work lacking very basic skills. I myself was a patient with bilateral pneumonia, admitted to critical care unit. Later I developed respiratory distress and until I had a respiratory arrest had to direct them on proper procedure
Pros
Cons
a large % of days you got no break
stressful
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 20, 2018
Hard place to fit in and it's union....people were not very welcoming to a new person …...lots of back stabbing , training was fast and orientation was a week long that took you from training .
Pros
no hours
Cons
lots stress
friendly staff
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 18, 2018
Loved my coworker but we were always short handed. pay scale was fair. The hospital was in a nice location and there was free parking, Management needed to be more involved,
Pros
good vacation time and pay
Cons
always understaffed
No where to go
Clinical Lab Scientist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PA 15401December 12, 2018
A typical day was unorganized and sometime overwhelming. The lab is not set up correctly for the work flow. The people were running back and forward like there was a race in lab. There should be a person in each area. I learned that some instrument was outdated and did not work as well. Procedures outdated, doing to much unnecessary work. Management was controlling, hard, and intense. Workplace culture was intense, people were afraid of losing their jobs. Some stress levels were up dealing with fear. There were no other job there, other hospitals were 30 minutes to an hour away. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the work flow, analyzers, and how the lab was set up. The most enjoyable part was leaving that place.
good place to work if you don't mind working weekends and holidays
Nursing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 4, 2018
Was able to change job positions due to on the job training on the floor I was assigned to. Overall decent place to work with good benefits. Many times high stress level due to understaffing.
No teamwork anymore
IR Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 29, 2018
This hospital used to be run as a family oriented facility but now it feels like it's being run to see how much profit can be made. I used to enjoy working in the radiology department but there's no teamwork or accountability for some individuals. Working for this department I have acquired a lot of new knowledge that I didn't have.
Pros
Busy facility
Cons
Raises do not happen every year
Good and bad
Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 30, 2018
The hospital was a decent place to work i guess, the supervisors had their picks of who can and cant do as they pleased as any job, the CEO was a great guy always trying to do more maybe sometimes to much, the insurance was horrible though,i loved my job though caring for others in need, you had some employees that definitely shouldn't be there as they were just rude and mean towards the patients but seemed to always get away with it. but i will say i enjoyed being there with most of the employees i guess everywhere you go you'll get a bad seed ,one thing that i didn't understand was they made it a rule not to be on your cell phones but then you would see management up right at the nursing stations playing on facebook or taking pictures and showing the other workers but everyone else would get into trouble and sometimes even written up for something management was doing right in front of them,how was that fair?

you had workers who abused FMLA and never got told about it they just let it slide because of the yrs they worked there!

but money is money and a job is a job atleast there anyways,

they would fire people for no reasons or dumb ones!! never giving second chances and forget collecting unemployment they'll fight you to the end to make sure they save money to put towards all the things they are in dept for!
A good job to work at
Financial Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PA 15401August 28, 2018
Uniontown Hospital is a good job to work at if you do not have children. I work an average of 130 hours every two weeks which is the only down fall of this job. Everything else about it I love.
Good employees
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 26, 2018
Awesome nurses who care about their patients. Everyone is willing to help one another with any issues that may arise. People are friendly. There is plenty of opportunities to work overtime.
Stressful management ran organization
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 24, 2018
Uniontown Hospital is only interested in how the appearance of the hospital pleases the public. They do not care about long term employees and finds ways to fire them. The job is very stressful and turn overs are extremly large. The laboratory is operating with a staff that is not certified.
Cons
No lunches on Weekends because of lack of staff.
Productivec
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 17, 2018
I’ve been an employee of Uniontown Hospital for 17 years now. I’ve been working as a social worker for 5 years. It’s a great place to work and enhance your career
Pros
Benefits paid time off
Cons
Hourly pay
alot of great people work there
EVS Associate (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 27, 2018
enjoyed helping people and making a clean and safe environment for patients, family and staff. employees don't get enough recognition for their hard work....the ones who do their job and then some aren't respected enough
Terrible company to work for
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 13, 2018
The management is completely terrible. People who don't work gt away with everything, and those who actually work are penalized for every little thing they do. They either give you 40 hours or 0 there is no in between. Do not apply here. You don't get a paid lunch, if you take a lunch you are expected to stay 30 minutes after your shift or else you get docked that half hour. Ridiculous.
The hospital's been a good place to work over the years, with lot of changes going on right now ...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAFebruary 7, 2018
It's been a pleasure working at this Hospital all these years, but there's a lot of changes going on right now. Some for the better, some not so much. It's been a very steady job over the years, sometimes to study. But overall, it's a very good hospital to work for ,,
Pros cons and overall
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 13, 2018
Pros-
This is a small community hospital with supportive coworkers and management.

Cons-
The pay rate could be slightly higher

Overall-
I would recommend this hospital for employment.
Hopefully a Bright Future
Staff (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 7, 2018
While the organization does try to show appreciation to employees in various ways, it lacks the capability of personalized recognition. Employees do not want free apple dumplings and popcorn.. they want their troubles to be recognized and for the staffing ratios to become reasonable. Staffing is a daily battle, and the decrease in beds (due to the transition to all private rooms) has taken a toll on the abilities of the hospital. Holding patients in the Emergency Department because there are not available beds is unacceptable after so long.. When an ICU patient spends 18 hours waiting for a bed, perhaps some bigger decisions need to be made. Management acts as though they are concerned with issues, but best believe they are running out of the door early on Friday, leaving those who have to follow a time clock with figuring out the problems (such as staffing, patient placement/flow) on their own. Damned if you do, damned if you don't in this organization.

Perhaps when the current exec/directors retire, a fresh set of minds can help revamp the way things work in this hospital. For now, however, I don't see real change occurring anytime soon.
Pros
Great opportunity, pay is resonable, local, clean
Cons
Managment needs cleaned up, all of the directors are related to each other, and they hire who they want to hire... not who may be more qualified
Worst place ever
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 20, 2017
This was the worst hospital I ever worked for. So many two faced individuals and cranky people. Very stressful working there. So much so they caused me to have a heart attack at 47 years old. While recovering never received a card or anything from management there. Just horrible horrible people there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Clerk/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 3, 2017
Collect blood,venipuncture,capillary puncture ,other specialized
Procedures,stats,routine rounds to all parts of the hospital, performs various computer
-Related duties such as orders entry, specimen receipt, collections list printing, and
Maintaining printers and terminals. Obtains and records required information necessary
For the proper evaluation of all materials obtained. Answer phones, call stats.
staffing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 27, 2017
Grew as a new nurse in a fast paced environment and remained on same unit for 8 years until the stress of working understaffed consistently and an inconsistent schedule switching between nights and days took a toll on my mental and physical health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uniontown Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Uniontown Hospital Reviews by Location