Uniontown Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productivec
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 17, 2018
I’ve been an employee of Uniontown Hospital for 17 years now. I’ve been working as a social worker for 5 years. It’s a great place to work and enhance your career
Pros
Benefits paid time off
Cons
Hourly pay
Terrible company to work for
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 13, 2018
The management is completely terrible. People who don't work gt away with everything, and those who actually work are penalized for every little thing they do. They either give you 40 hours or 0 there is no in between. Do not apply here. You don't get a paid lunch, if you take a lunch you are expected to stay 30 minutes after your shift or else you get docked that half hour. Ridiculous.
The hospital's been a good place to work over the years, with lot of changes going on right now ...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAFebruary 7, 2018
It's been a pleasure working at this Hospital all these years, but there's a lot of changes going on right now. Some for the better, some not so much. It's been a very steady job over the years, sometimes to study. But overall, it's a very good hospital to work for ,,
Pros cons and overall
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 13, 2018
Pros-
This is a small community hospital with supportive coworkers and management.

Cons-
The pay rate could be slightly higher

Overall-
I would recommend this hospital for employment.
Hopefully a Bright Future
Staff (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 7, 2018
While the organization does try to show appreciation to employees in various ways, it lacks the capability of personalized recognition. Employees do not want free apple dumplings and popcorn.. they want their troubles to be recognized and for the staffing ratios to become reasonable. Staffing is a daily battle, and the decrease in beds (due to the transition to all private rooms) has taken a toll on the abilities of the hospital. Holding patients in the Emergency Department because there are not available beds is unacceptable after so long.. When an ICU patient spends 18 hours waiting for a bed, perhaps some bigger decisions need to be made. Management acts as though they are concerned with issues, but best believe they are running out of the door early on Friday, leaving those who have to follow a time clock with figuring out the problems (such as staffing, patient placement/flow) on their own. Damned if you do, damned if you don't in this organization.

Perhaps when the current exec/directors retire, a fresh set of minds can help revamp the way things work in this hospital. For now, however, I don't see real change occurring anytime soon.
Pros
Great opportunity, pay is resonable, local, clean
Cons
Managment needs cleaned up, all of the directors are related to each other, and they hire who they want to hire... not who may be more qualified
Worst place ever
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 20, 2017
This was the worst hospital I ever worked for. So many two faced individuals and cranky people. Very stressful working there. So much so they caused me to have a heart attack at 47 years old. While recovering never received a card or anything from management there. Just horrible horrible people there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Clerk/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 3, 2017
Collect blood,venipuncture,capillary puncture ,other specialized
Procedures,stats,routine rounds to all parts of the hospital, performs various computer
-Related duties such as orders entry, specimen receipt, collections list printing, and
Maintaining printers and terminals. Obtains and records required information necessary
For the proper evaluation of all materials obtained. Answer phones, call stats.
staffing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 27, 2017
Grew as a new nurse in a fast paced environment and remained on same unit for 8 years until the stress of working understaffed consistently and an inconsistent schedule switching between nights and days took a toll on my mental and physical health
Ok place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 10, 2017
Long hours with little family/job balance. High turn over rates and loss of employees. Excess responsibility with times of unsafe enviroment. No room for advancement.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Short or no breaks, too much responsibility
Too many cons
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 21, 2017
Cons- First things first is that the Lab is full of drama. The phlebotomist are worked like a bunch of dogs, even if you are hired as part time employee you are worked full time and overtime without any benefits. Patients are extremely grumpy and often refuse to get lab work done. Your schedule is done not displaying the time you work but with a letter, it’s very confusing. Also morning rounds are for the birds, you have to wake people up at 4am and need to draw blood on all hospital patients. You often have to draw more than you should because other phlebs slack off. Also there’s something in the lab called a bullet, everyone was required to answer it if you were in lab. The one MT ( a male) was extremely ignorant and put headphones in so he didn’t have to hear bullet going off. Lab director was extremely rude and didn’t care about employees, she would stick her nose up when she walked through the lab.. That isn’t right. She did nothing to help us at all whatsoever. At the cafeteria you got absolutely no discount even though you were a hospital employee. It’s also very pricey for everything. Nurses treated you like a speck of dirt and were very rude when you asked them to draw blood from a port. I was miserable here & didn’t even make it 90 days. I went elsewhere.
productive place to work
Diagnostic Imaging Clerk/ Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 11, 2017
Nice place to work. Very good working conditions. Good play, benefits. PTO. Would recommend.Break rooms, room for advancement, pay raises. uniforms supplied.
Mediocre Healthcare
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 25, 2017
It is not a place to work if you want to feel like part of a team. There is little to no room for advancement as well. The CEO is interested in promoting the growth of his management staff, not the entire staff.
Pros
The patients are loving and need quality healthcare
Cons
Management and no room to advance.
Employment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  IcuAugust 22, 2017
The management treats employees with many years of service terrible they make you feel like you are just a number. I worked there for 38 years until my husband was stricken cancer . I had family medical leave to be off when he needed me to be home and I was disciplined for using it . So I would never recommend this place to work for anyone
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor benefits
Review of Uniontown Hospital
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 13, 2017
I worked at Uniontown for 18 years and loved the people who work here and they hospital. There is a sense of family at this hospital and I still remain friends with many people there, even after 20 years gone.
Great community
Charge nurse on unit (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJune 9, 2017
It has been a long time since I have worked here. Only left related to relocation to Indiana. I loved working at Uniontown Hospital. I learned how to be an excellent nurse from this organization. We did a lot with very little.
Pros
Great people
Cons
small hospital
convenient and local place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 15, 2017
Okay place to work overall. It is local so makes an easy transport to work. My director is ideal to work with. Culture is improving. Most enjoyable part of job is caring for those that appreciate nurses. Hardest part to deal with is those that do not appreciate nurses.
Positive
Volunteer Work, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 12, 2017
This Hospital varies in departments so I may not speak for all. I volunteered in a general department which was close to the main entrance. This Hospital is very diverse and is easy to get lost in but there are a lot of workers who will point you are even escort you to your destination. I enjoyed this Hospital not only because it was local to me but because the environment was friendly and warming.
Pros
Politeness
Cons
Structure
Really loved this job!
ICU Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 14, 2017
I really loved working with the staff and the patients. It was unfortunate that they had to changed the shifts from 4 and 8 to 12 hours. I was able to work as much while attending college.
I learned something new everyday. I loved the fast work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 4, 2017
I worked hard in a fast pace environment. I enjoy learning new things and having challenges come to me. Coworker's are helpful of one another
Very productive
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 1, 2017
The typical day was good. I learned something new about the job everyday. The staff members were very helpful if I had any questions. The parking was interesting but otherwise it was really good and I would do it again.