UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Found 887 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,627 reviews

UNIQLO insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Its a good job

Great job, Its a good job to work at. Room to advance. Meet great people from al backgrounds. Flexible schedule management os understanding full time comes witb 6 weeks leave and other great benifits.

Endless Opportunities

There is always room for growth. Very clear and thorough expectations and great planning for one's growth in the company. No work life balance. Every 3 months gets an evaluation, a lot of room for learning.

Whatever

Hiring process easy training was ok & they care about perfection so hope your a perfectionist especially in folding clothes which they teach you how they want it anyway. Co workers were cool & barely saw management only in the mornings & some supervisors were really cool & others didn’t deserve the position.

Pros

Grow within business/ quick promotions

Toxic work environment

Could've just been the specific store we worked at but I found the environment to be very toxic. It may have been the change in the company's culture or leadership.

Good work place , Horrible Management

Well, This company is basically a boot camp for any level of unemployment. The pay is great but your work life balance is non existent. If you can work here you can work anywhere. A great stepping stone

Pros

good pay, pto, sick wellness days

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Impossible standards

I have worked in retail since as soon as I was able to start working as a teenager, and my one day at UNIQLO, I saw they had the highest standards. They tell all their employees to “walk with a sense of urgency” while also acknowledging a normal walking pace. I was given 6 sections to clean from top to bottom in 15 minutes. Anything less than perfect or “the UNIQLO way” is unacceptable. The one thing that makes work bearable, talking to your coworkers, is against the rules. The standards they set are not worth minimum wage. Speaking of money, I was not paid the full amount I was entitled to for my final paycheck.

Pros

Long lunch breaks

Cons

Strict work environment, impossible expectations

It’s alright the associates /managers make it worse by their attitude and favoritism

Working at Uniqlo is like being in high school with old people but getting paid . You have to ignore the gossip and be committed to work but some managers / supervisors talk down to us and make us feel bad about ourselves it’s stressful.

Pros

Customers

Cons

Favoritism/Coworkers dating

Awesome place to work for good culture and discipline, but...

I worked at Uniqlo for 3 years. It had its good days and bad days, but there was always coworkers there who helped motivate me even on the bad days. It felt like everyone worked as a team; that everyone picked up the workload and helped when it was needed. We got 1 hour lunches too, which was beyond awesome, because if you had other minor things to do you could take care of those on your break as your food properly digests, or just extra leisure time before you go back on the hectic work floor. However......the management, while most of them i was very cool with, were not the most organized of people, and at times very childish with lower ranked employees as well as each other. Work politics sucks. Not to mention they were suck ups the minute an area manager came around, or even when we had corporate visits. That's besides the point though, I was still pretty cool with the majority of them, even outside of work. My main problem with Uniqlo was when I got promoted to head cashier/register lead...the next few months it became highlighted or very apparent to me that the policies of Uniqlo make the shoppers experience really slow or inconvenient. There's a bunch that I personally feel are a bad fit for places outside of Japan...some that are just too slow, serious, and unnecessary. Let's just put it that way. But maybe it's just me. I feel that if most of them were removed, we could get work done faster, please the customers better and avoid escalations, rather than focus solely on artificial standards and policy that slow the pace of the work down and get BOTH customers and -

Pros

Good environment, 1 hour lunch, ok pay

Cons

bad policies and unorganized, ununified management

Fun but stressful

Working as a Sales Associate, it’s fun but stressful since management has high standards for everyone. You may break a sweat, but your coworkers will make it worth it. Usually.

Work Culture is the worst

Too many kids working here. HR constantly firing workers because workers are filing fake reports on the daily on people that they simply dislike. Easy to get promoted if you're a hard worker though, I was promoted to supervising the entire floor after 6 months. But the money isn't worth it, save yourself the stress and look elsewhere. I liked my managers though, they were all pretty supportive.

Pros

Easy to get promoted if you work hard, breaks everyday, structured daily schedule, work trips if you impress the managers, good benefits including PTO

Cons

Very bad work life balance (you can't finish daily duties without OT), Hr, immature work force, company doesn't hire cleaners (the stores are far too large for associates to clean)

Jobs at UNIQLO

See more jobs

Demanding Work Environment. At Mercy of Customers

The company's culture is great for customers but puts employees through a lot. Long and stressful hours on your feet, even for retail. Supervisors and managers micromanage you every step of the way.

Pros

Hour break. Employee discount. Great clothes and you meet some great people.

Cons

Perfect standards for global photos, Late nights and long hours, Undermined by customer feedback, Impatient and rude customers, Micromanagement, High turn over rate

Your time and efforts will get exploited there but the people you meet are the only reason you stay.

Favoritism based management or how much time you’re willing to give up for the company is the only way you’ll get promoted (most jobs are). Work environment is exhausting and toxic and a lot of employees are frustrated because of the almost near impossible standards they are expected to keep. Compensation is better than most places but still not enough for the amount of work you are expected to do and actual work conditions you’re put in. Most people you meet there are amazing and will likely come out with a few really good friends. The people you work with are really the only reason anyone ever stays longer than 6 months at this place.

Pros

Okay wages

Cons

Toxic work environment

overworked

I think uniqlo is very different from other retail stores because they have a very different culture and expectations. I feel overworked every shift but there is definitely growth potential.

Pros

Growth, good employee discount

Cons

overwork

Fun

Good environment. Very fun. Enjoyed it. Learned so much. Dont really have much to say , just trying to full the character minimum right now. They do work to hard but its cool

It’s retail

The jobs okay. It’s retail, so don’t expect much. You’ll always have those “customers’ always right” customers. Tons of work, sometimes short staffed too. Pay is alright, differently have room for growth. You just basically have to beg and work for it.

Pros

1 hour break, good employee discount

Cons

Team drama, rude customers, short staffed

Good job but upper management is making it go downhill

I used to love this job and have worked for more than 7 years. I used to want to move up in the company but recently (especially during and after covid and most likely due to new CEO) a lot of things changed. It really feels like the company does not support stores at all. They keep implementing new rules that truly shows that they don’t trust employees and meanwhile all stores are struggling to keep up headcount like other retailers. Often even part timers are scheduled to 40 hours and full time employees often do overtime. I think they believe we should just be grateful to still have a job but it’s just too overwhelming. They should at least do a raise to lift spirits.

Terrible workplace

You should work here if you plan to be miserable for the rest of your life. The coworkers are freaking amazing. But management? Management is so bad, they do not care about you. Maybe like one manager does but nobody else will.

Pros

Cool workers, 30% off, flexible days depending

Cons

Terrible management, ONLY 30% off, and must work on weekends and does not pay time and a half for Christmas holidays

Toxic work environment, classism

There’s always something to do, which isn’t a bad thing, but the work environment is toxic. If you’re someone who is well seasoned in the workplace, as in you’ve had a couple jobs and you are aware of the good and bad in them and understand how work environments should be, you will hate working here. 98% of UNIQLO staff are working their first job, to which they’ve had for 2-10 years. This increases the likelihood of workplace toxicity and it feels very high school. Management does not have a good grasp on diversity and are very classist, problematic and prejudice. Every person that walks in that door, from staff to customer, is a potential stealing suspect.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lack of disability services (ie. working elevator), inconsistency in expectations, classism (potential racism), inconsistent training between new staff, lack of schedule flexibility.

Very cliquey and militaristic.

This was my first retail job. The company is very militaristic in the sense that they want everything to be top notch. Everything has to be in an exact order and there’s a lot of detail oriented tasks that will literally tire you out because of how boring they are. Everyone seems to be super serious about the job, which also makes it boring. There are SO MANY policies that you have to follow or you risk being terminated. Managers were pretty nice, but I never really interacted with them as they were almost ALWAYS in the office. Expect random store visits from Japanese executives that will probably critique you and the managers. As for coworkers, most of them were approachable, but they all had their little friend groups and often as new hires we weren’t very welcome to them. I only really got along with one or two, as everyone else seemed to be uptight and walking on eggshells. Not many benefits except PTO and wellness days. The one hour break is pretty neat, but it’s still off the clock. Overall, would not recommend unless you love tidying up all day.

Pros

1 hour break, PTO and wellness days, 30 percent discount

Cons

Tedious, strict, uptight coworkers

Great place to learn

I always had something to do while working for Uniqlo, At any given opportunity I would definitely return! I enjoyed my managers as well as my co-workers.

Benefits

Cons

Upper management pressure

Boring and bad

bad hoursvery mean customersrude managersboring joboverall wouldn’t recommend it. i would get 5 hours a week literally. Nobody got hours only the full time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UNIQLO.
Powered byComparably