UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Found 660 reviews matching the search See all 1,099 reviews
Fast paced
Sales Associate & Visuals Team (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Everything at Uniqlo needs to be fast paced and efficient. You must know how to do things in the quickest way and pay attention to details in the store layout. Uniqlo needs to keeps the store clean and organized all the time. You need to have a sense of urgency while working there as well and you should be quick on your feet.
Pros
Great coworkers, learn a faster mindset, learn a lot of skills
Cons
Always need to be fast
It was a nice introduction
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 18, 2019
Actually my first job, so I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I perhaps have traits that I want to align with Uniqlo's that's why I worked so hard. It was enjoyable while it lasted, I don't think I could have worked there for more than 2 years
Uniqlo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Best clothing ever and the management is straight forward if you do your job. Easy retail job and give everyone chances to get promoted in the company
Eh. It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2019
I got the most useful retain training from working at uniqlo. I will say however it was a very demanding job with sometimes very unrealistic request from its employees.
Just another retail job
Sales Associate / Cashier / Stock Management (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 13, 2019
there isnt much to say here, you fold clothes and do inventory.

customer service is a given. management is a little bit militant about folding and height and color but not too awful.
I learned a great deal about the retail industry and enjoyed working in such a fast pace environment.
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
My time at UNIQLO was a good experience. It was fast pace, challenging and I was able to grow as sales and stock associate. I would recommend working at UNIQLO.
To strict
Visual Merchandiser / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2019
The environment working at uniqlo is not for everyone, it is very rigorous, requiring you to stay hours after your shift. It is very strict with it employees.
Working at UNIQLO was good but not great.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2019
Working at UNIQLO was very stressful. They would barely give you hours, sometimes only one day a week. Management would never be on the sales floor, they would blame us for not making sales goals, and there was never any common grounds. Also, they would promote you based on a test, instead of experience. There would always be customer complaints because of store casualties. The elevators and escalators would always be broken and this would frustrate customers. Management would never know what to do to fix this situation. With that being said, there were some positive gains form working at UNIQLO. There was plenty of opportunities to build people skills, communication skills, cashier skills, etc. Yet, there were more negative issues than positive resolutions in the work place.
Pros
Pay is good, 1 hour lunch break, build on people skills
Cons
Barely any hours, favoritism, no communication
Do not work here or shop
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJJanuary 30, 2019
Management is completely backwards. Call center just moved to USA the end of 2018 and they don’t know what to do. Everyday there’s a new rule, something broken etc. wants the reps to provide good customer service but the management makes excuses when customers ask for escalations.

There is favoritism, you don’t have to be good at your job just have to kiss butt to be noticed.

Doesn’t pay enough, cuts hours, and when they do offer overtime they don’t pay you for it.

Hides the HR department from staff & store #s from customers ‼️

Lies about raises !!

DONT WASTE your time..
Pros
Sitting down all day
Cons
They’re nice-nasty, not transparent, not enough $$
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2019
the managemt was too strick and didnt know what they were doing they were giving too many responsibilties for one person to handle also their store structue was effiecicnet as well.
Pros
Cons
negative work environment
Unrealistic Expectations, Gossiping, Uncoordinated Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 26, 2019
Pay and hours are nothing to complain about. However, the management is mind-blowingly uncoordinated and is unable to fix the smallest of problems. I've been working here for two months have yet to receive access to direct deposit. Oh, and on top of that? My employee ID isn't even in the system yet, and I can't even get in through the backdoor (which is the ONLY entrance we're allowed to use both on and off the clock for whatever reason?) without ringing the doorbell like a madman until someone happens to hear it.

Little to no training, most of the ins and outs need to be figured out on your own. You will often be berated by supervisors with superiority complexes for failing to understand something that was never taught to you to begin with.
Pros
1-hour lunches, 30% discount, friendly co-workers
Cons
Toxic management, minimal training
Not good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2019
don't work at Uniqlo, because they promote just the ones that are their favorites, and you will not have balance lifestyle working there.
They make you do tasks that are not on your job description.
Cleaning sidewalks etc.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
bad management
Great place to grow with the company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Overall its a good place to start a retail career or work. They have good standards, a lot of initiatives for growing with the company, and management seeks to work with you.
UNIQLO's Employees are great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 21, 2019
The associates working at Uniqlo are wonderful people. The environment is a regular retail store often bland still a great place to be in if you're a person that doesn't require much.
Busy environment, great first job
Sales Team Associate (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  34th streetJanuary 20, 2019
This job was great for me. It was close to my school and easy to get to. Everyone respected each other and many were very friendly and close. What became an issue was my work shift being 2 pm - 10 pm or 3 pm - 11 pm and not leaving or closing the store out till 12 am/ 1 am. This wouldn't have been an issue if my local trains home were running, I lived closer or my classes didn't start at 8 am.
Pros
1 hour lunch, a lot of coworkers for support
Cons
Long hours after closing, always on your feet
Highly organized and fast paced
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
It was quite an experience where you're placed into an environment where you need to act quickly and be productive throughout the day. This job puts quite a lot stress on your feet so you will need to invest on some comfortable shoes in order to endure the long hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, management isn't the best
Unrealistic standards and bad hours
Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2019
New management came through and tried to shake everything up, which completely ruined the company culture. I enjoy my coworkers here. It's the only thing that's keeping me from quitting.
Pros
two 15 min breaks, one paid lunch, good pay and opportunities to advance, autonomy
Cons
unrealistic expectations from management, harassment, bad work hours
This is the worst company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2019
I'm a current employee and I'm so dissatisfied working here, I'm currently looking for a different job where this so called leadership treat there employees better not just a number to the company. Leadership here is a huge joke, they're never on the same page, never follow the plan and the worst of all they're very disrespectful, they never tell you to your face, so they talk behind your back. Did I mention they're rude? They have the most disgusting attitudes I've ever seen. They talk reckless to you like if you were there kid or a friend which we're clearly not. They're not fair with scheduling neither. To move up with this company you have to kiss... need I say more.
Pros
Disney tickets, 30% off, & Co-workers
Cons
Leadership, favoritism, & Disrespect
Fun people but not fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Pay was low, rediculous amount of rules and overly scripted! Like most retail jobs, you work way too much for too little. Most don’t get pay raises because it’s an automated system/test that wants you to fail. Good luck!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Have to wear uniform/ pay out of pocket
Worst JOB ive ever had
Visual Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2019
The people who work there are lovely don't get wrong. but I feel as though the management does not care about their workers. I feel like the meetings are helpful because they do help us keep on tack on the sales floor, but the work environment is too chaotic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers of course. The ability to really personal shop with customers and know that youre not only helping them but helping the company too gives you a good feeling as a worker. The hardest part of the job was closing. You never get out on time, and the way that management schedules you, the try to weasle their way into making you stay. even though youre technically not obligated too. Also, in terms of the work you have to be very focused, and your time management has to be on point. It is key for having a successful work day. As long as youre completing all given tasks, as well as attaining to the customers, you should have a smooth sailing day.
Pros
discount, workers, customers, breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight