Unishippers Global Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews

I wouldn’t recommend, very poor management and can be very stressful.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 14, 2018
I worked there for a few months and it did not work out well. Job has very little management and if you are left as a lead, job will be very stressful and unorganized. Needs training which they did not provide.
Pros
It’s a Monday - Friday Only
Cons
lack of management, is not a friendly working space, very stressful.
Ethical
formerly happy employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2018
Unishippers executive team makes decisions based upon what is the right thing to do rather than what will make the most money. The recent merger with Worldwide Express has changed the company significantly and is no longer an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Executives
Cons
Merger
I wish I was still working for this employer
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 27, 2018
It was an exceptional experience working for Unishippers. They showed employee appreciation every day and I felt like what I did really mattered. I've never worked somewhere that gave me the same positive experience.
Pros
free snacks, coffee, tea, soda
Depends on the Position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2018
Sales teams and the corporate team (4th and 2nd floor) are treated well, the 3rd was great prior to their corporate merge, but now is very stressful with little advancement opportunities, micro managing managers, and a very overwhelming environment. Poor communication skills on managements end. friendly people, good benefits, great if you're sales.
Relaxing and fun place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2018
They offer a close knit community of people you work with, and feel close to. Helpful environment, highly recommended. Management works with most schedules. Good full time and part time opportunities.
Pros
Good people, flexible schedules
Cons
Mostly part time positions
Low key- fast paced at the same time
Logistics OPS Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Unishippers Launch logistics, My Manager was laid back as far as my hours and times I worked. I could adjust my hours to accommodate school car pool times or working earlier to avoid traffic in my commute. They provided snacks and drinks every day. Coffee and soda crackers chips fruit and granola bars. There are casual places to have a break couches and chairs in out of the way areas. I wasn't made to feel guilty if I had to go to the doctor or dentist. I would make up any time I missed for appointments. The work is very fast paced and busy all the time. I liked that.
Pros
snacks and drinks provided. flexible coverage hours.
Software Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2018
Working at the Corporate Unishippers office is often rewarding. They are very understanding about maintaining a healthy work/life balance, and truly care about their employees.
Cut throat -poor management
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 5, 2018
Worked for a manager that wanted to use her employees only for her own gain and when she was unethical-sabotaged.
Would not recommend this company for any reason.
Pros
Great pay if you don't mind stepping on people
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2018
The culture is great! The most enjoyable part of the job is with the people I work with. Everyone is nice and sociable. Overall atmosphere is great.
Great People
OPERATIONS SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTDecember 14, 2017
I work here currently and I do love the people I work with; there is a great sense of friendship and collaboration here that is not to be missed out on.
Pros
Friends; Support
Cons
High turn-over; On the phones a lot
It's a great company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 20, 2017
It's a great company to work for. Good benefits, competitive wages. My employment with Unishippers helped me gain a great experience. I would totally recommend to work for Unishippers.
Each office is different
Freight Consultant (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIOctober 19, 2017
Unishippers is a franchised operation primarily offering Third-party LTL logistics brokerage services.

As such, management varies from office to office. I worked for two different offices/owners.
At the first, the owners did not offer full time opportunites or benefits. They went out of their way to avoid any responsibility to their employees.
At the second franchise, the office manager was outright abusive on a daily basis. I quit after he threatened to "kick my a**". The owner did nothing about this.

Be careful and critical when considering this employer.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low pay (for the industry), high stress, no benefits
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 28, 2017
Unishippers is a good entry level sales job. They have a great corporate training program for sales. The management is great and always willing to assist you in reaching your goals.
Laid Back Atmosphere
Part-time Freight Desk Assistant - work from home (Former Employee) –  Evans, GASeptember 23, 2017
It was a very laid back kind of atmosphere. Dogs were allowed to come to work with you. Just a nice environment. I could always count on my co workers to helpers to be there for me.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Last minute flight reservations, hotel, car........
Average Job - Hard Sell
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
Its almost impossible to sell truckload as they have no base to cover or get good rates/service. LTL Freight is almost equally as hard because the rates aren't as low as so many other competitors...you must be able to sell yourself, the software and back office or you will lose on price every time. The UPS part is a simple sell - but you can't make any money selling it. Owners expect higher than realistic results. The top sellers are backselling other reps, selling out of territory, and have non-typical setups where they are paying out to appointment setters, lead generators, etc. Once you calculate all of the cost that the top sellers are incurring - they aren't making any more money than the average sellers....just working even harder. It's a hard sell if you are looking to actually make commission. You can rank in the upper top10-25% of sellers and not actually make any commission.
Pros
work from home - freedom in scheduling daily life
Cons
unrealistic and/or no commission, franchise owners get all profits.
Fast Paced little benefits
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  VermontJuly 27, 2017
While somewhat flexible there are no benefits and the job is fast paced and stressful. Training is minimal with not a lot of support from the corporate office.
Interesting Place
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 14, 2017
Disorganized and overworked, its not a horrible place to work but not great either. Just alot of old people and alot of turnover. Wished the culture was little better
Pros
Company is growing
Cons
everything else
Great place to work, excellent environment
Certified Shipping Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2017
This is a very good full-time job in sales that teaches a person how to excel and improve. The pay is great and fair, people who work here earn their paychecks more so than other jobs. the work Environment is strong, encouraging and very friendly. Management is done correctly and well. Another great thing is their is no room for slacking off. You need to do your work well and effectively.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Excellent place to work, great environment and very friendly leadership team and family based. This is a fun place to work for all involved and anyone would love it
Terrible Work Experience
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 1, 2017
Most offices are franchises and run according to the individual owners business model. My franchise suffered from unrealistic expectations from management/ownership. Management/ownership created a hostile and segmented environment. There were unexpected compensation changes and 99% turnover in the sales department.
Pros
Logistics is a good field to work in
Cons
Too many to name

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unishippers Global Logistics, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.