Unishippers Global Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Logistics Specialist, and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 29, 2019
Fun and exciting day to day work.
Answering phone calls can be a challenge, but it is not hard once you get the hang of it.
Great training program.
Unishippers
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 2, 2019
We started the mornings off with a review of the call list we would call upon as it was largely inside sales. Once this review was completed we would call on new customers offering our value added service. We were required to maintain an active sales projection plan and were expected to follow it closely.
Pros
The company had good sales commissions and incentives
Cons
The corporate partners were large hurdles that often ruined hard work in the sales process.
Fun Culture Great Sales Training
Shipping Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Unishippers. Unfortunately I had to relocate due to family. I really enjoy the culture of the sales team. They are a great group. I liked the weekly lunch and learns on Friday and the fun sales contests every quarter. Great management, fun atmosphere, fast paced, challenging work.
Pros
Sales training, free lunch on friday, nice office
Customer Service Representative Experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CANovember 15, 2018
Unishippers was a pleasant place to work for however it did not provide enough for the cost of living situation and I was forced to seek other employment.
Great time / great management
Billing Specialist & FTL Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 19, 2018
Working there was awesome. Management was supporitve, team building excercises where done every quarter. Evaluations were done on time every year, pay increases where based on your performance. Being on call 24/7 365 was the only drawback because we werent compensated for time worked away from the office.
Horrible management
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJOctober 16, 2018
This job is simple but the office environment is very hostile. Management does nothing to try to ease the tension in the office. There is no HR department or office manager. Work place bullying was reported to the owner of the franchise and it goes in one ear and out the other.
Entry level sales atmosphere with strict processes.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2018
Serves as a stepping stone into the industry and is an opportunity for experience.Organization itself pushes their processes and methods heavily with little compensation.
Pros
Entry level sales experience.
Cons
No room for professional development and growth.
Management isn't fair to all employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 4, 2018
I was killer at this sales job, becoming their number one sales rep in the nation within 7 months of being there. It was hard work dealing with customers who's shipments didn't get picked up but it was well worth the money. The main reason I left is because they would hand accounts off to their favorites rather than having everyone work equally as hard for their accounts.
Excellent
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 9, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. The owners a very good person and great to learn from. As long as you're working and hitting your goals you're given a lot of freedom.
I wouldn’t recommend, very poor management and can be very stressful.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 14, 2018
I worked there for a few months and it did not work out well. Job has very little management and if you are left as a lead, job will be very stressful and unorganized. Needs training which they did not provide.
Pros
It’s a Monday - Friday Only
Cons
lack of management, is not a friendly working space, very stressful.
Busy work - time goes by quickly
Customer Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  work from homeJune 4, 2018
Have enjoyed customer support and the fellowship of my other employees that I have worked with - my interaction with StoryGroup and carriers and customers. The hardest part of the job, of course, is the loss of freight or damages incurred by the carriers.
Ethical
formerly happy employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2018
Unishippers executive team makes decisions based upon what is the right thing to do rather than what will make the most money. The recent merger with Worldwide Express has changed the company significantly and is no longer an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Executives
Cons
Merger
I wish I was still working for this employer
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 27, 2018
It was an exceptional experience working for Unishippers. They showed employee appreciation every day and I felt like what I did really mattered. I've never worked somewhere that gave me the same positive experience.
Pros
free snacks, coffee, tea, soda
Depends on the Position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2018
Sales teams and the corporate team (4th and 2nd floor) are treated well, the 3rd was great prior to their corporate merge, but now is very stressful with little advancement opportunities, micro managing managers, and a very overwhelming environment. Poor communication skills on managements end. friendly people, good benefits, great if you're sales.
Relaxing and fun place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2018
They offer a close knit community of people you work with, and feel close to. Helpful environment, highly recommended. Management works with most schedules. Good full time and part time opportunities.
Pros
Good people, flexible schedules
Cons
Mostly part time positions
Low key- fast paced at the same time
Logistics OPS Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Unishippers Launch logistics, My Manager was laid back as far as my hours and times I worked. I could adjust my hours to accommodate school car pool times or working earlier to avoid traffic in my commute. They provided snacks and drinks every day. Coffee and soda crackers chips fruit and granola bars. There are casual places to have a break couches and chairs in out of the way areas. I wasn't made to feel guilty if I had to go to the doctor or dentist. I would make up any time I missed for appointments. The work is very fast paced and busy all the time. I liked that.
Pros
snacks and drinks provided. flexible coverage hours.
Software Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2018
Working at the Corporate Unishippers office is often rewarding. They are very understanding about maintaining a healthy work/life balance, and truly care about their employees.
Cut throat -poor management
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 5, 2018
Worked for a manager that wanted to use her employees only for her own gain and when she was unethical-sabotaged.
Would not recommend this company for any reason.
Pros
Great pay if you don't mind stepping on people
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2018
The culture is great! The most enjoyable part of the job is with the people I work with. Everyone is nice and sociable. Overall atmosphere is great.
Great People
OPERATIONS SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTDecember 14, 2017
I work here currently and I do love the people I work with; there is a great sense of friendship and collaboration here that is not to be missed out on.
Pros
Friends; Support
Cons
High turn-over; On the phones a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unishippers Global Logistics, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.