Unishippers

Unishippers insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Sales Driven Leader

Management will teach you stuff that you take with you for the rest of your life in any given sales job, leadership role or management position. Win Win

Pros

Learning

Cons

Out of business

Great company culture

First company I have worked for that I can say it's a joy to go to work every day. Fun, laid back environment with great management and flexibility. Pay slightly less than industry average but worth it

Unishippers is a great job!

I worked for Unishippers in Melbourne Florida for almost 2 years. My supervisor was beyond awesome. Which is hard to come by these days. The owners were also awesome! After almost 2 years, I left for a better opportunity. Unfortunately, that opportunity did not last very long. However, wish I could go back to Unishippers. It is a great, fun, exciting environment. The sales position is a bit hetic at times. Also they may send you out in the field to meet her people and try to get new customers. Luckily, that wasn’t me! You keep busy from the time you walk in the door until you walk out. You get lunch and breaks. While eating at your desk, still taking calls and emails. But that’s okay! There is some downtime which is nice to have to catch up on other work. You build up your own customers that they give you and you feel a sense of belonging when they call you almost every day for a quote! Makes you feel needed in the company! Which is great! Overall, I loved working at Unishippers! I wouldn’t hesitate to go back!

Pros

Lunch and breaks, Free time, Great Management!

Cons

No benefits, Sales can be a hard position if you not into it.

Great Company but management is a joke

I'm not even sure where to start here. First off, Unishippers is a good company on the whole. The Lehi franchise is like a bad high-school drama reality TV series. There is zero direction from Sales Management, which I'm guessing is because the manager is super young and wasn't in sales. Unless you're right out of college, you're not going to fit in, which will lead to termination for completely fabricated reasons. It was my experience that if you didn't quit first they'll terminate you after you've generate revenue and leads for the Lehi, Utah location. They advertise the position as outside sales but they expect you in the office making calls through their computer dialer.

Pros

Good Coworkers

Cons

No direction. Discrimination if you're over 30

Horrible management

No respect, no communication. No room for advancement and they treat you like a number. Pay increases are unlikely or bare minimum. They don't value their employees

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Only care about there money

Favoritism makes it hard to grow. Owner only cares about salesDays off are hard to come by. Sales manager cares nothing about the employee Sales are you life and nothing more

Work Hard Play Hard

It's sales, intense sales at that. If you produce you make money, if you don't, life gets stressful. It's a great industry to sell in and it's easy to sell the services of a market leader.

Pros

Training, Management, Pricing, Technology

Cons

Experience can vary greatly from franchise to franchise, make sure you work for the right people.

Stressful but could be fun too.

Most of the people are fun to work with most of the time. There's a few instances where gossiping was an issue and hurtful towards other employees. Some of the customers were great. I learned a lot there. However, when shipping goes wrong it usually goes very wrong and some customers get very angry, even if it was not your fault. My manager was understanding and helpful when she had time. She was kept pretty busy though.

Pros

Hour lunch, steady work schedule.

Cons

Angry customers, gossiping co-workers.

Horribly mismanaged

I worked at the Michigan franchise. Extremely poor training from day one, including the corporate training. We were the last class and the instructor didn’t care. Students were teaching the class on the last day, lol. At the office, the training was even worse. My manager had close to zero sales experience. My manager didn’t even train me. My job kept changing. I switched to customer service and was given a directive. I attacked that directive day in and day out. I got a new manager and said manager had their own agenda. An agenda that didn’t correlate with the owner. After following my managers directive, I was in trouble for neglect of my job duties, lol. This place seems like family but people tattle behind others backs, for their own gain. Communication is WEAK! They let people go for “costing them money” when others cost them in excess of $100,000. They pay middle of the pack and think they pay amazing. The broken promises are another huge downside.

Pros

Cons

Management, ownership, communication, broken promises, somebody stop me or I’ll go all day.

Amazing people, amazing workplace.

Unishippers was a great job, management was amazing. I learned so much while being there, and always felt like a family. Overall I would highly recommend Unishippers as a job to anyone who loves the fright industry. Only issue I had was it would jave helped if they offered benefits, such as sick pay/paid vacation time.

Sold on potential

Early mornings of role-playing before a long day of door to door prospecting. Not a lot of opportunity due to saturated market and poor pricing. Good luck meeting your quota

Money earning potential but difficult industry

Workings remote you have a good work life balance. This is an industry that has changed dramatically in the past 10 years. Not for the better. Management varies whether you work for a franchise or corporate office.

It was okay.

It paid the bills. It was not very complicated, but also not very fulfilling. The job is very much telemarketing/soliciting. It is not a great job to work at if you have thin skin due to the amount of people who do not want to speak with you on the phone.

Terrible company!!

I would say that management and the whole company itself is a joke. They don't support or care about there employees whatsoever. If you do go in for an interview you'll notice that the whole place is empty because anyone with a brain would know that this company is trash! they stole the from the sales reps, the customer service dept. is expected to clean up the damage. while mangers come in at 11am / noon and expect a group a 5 people to pull off a miracle everyday. DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING!!

Good for single person

Salary was middle of the road and commission is what supplimented it decently, but ONLY when you hit certain perematers. For example, you can have $30k monthly book of business, but only get paid on it when you activate new accounts that shipped so much volume to become a legit activation. So, management and owners get paid on that book of business, but you aren't. There was no benefits whatsoever. Management was confrontational at times and argumentive on certain aspects; usually left at the usual "I'm your boss, so do it" ending. Would had stayed if there was a future beyond what I already achieved. Advancement was dangled constantly, but never came. If you do your job and produce they will leave you alone.

Pros

Responsible for own growth and goals

Cons

No benefits at all, management is confrontational at times, empty promises on advancement

Work independently

You make as much money as how hard you work. You can work independently by working from your home office. You can manage your territory the way you like. The franchise owner will give you guidance here or there yet I’d flexible. My experience was rewarding. It was probably the best sales job I’ve ever had before. Just got a little worn from the travel and being a road warrior with the cold calling.

Pros

Work from home, manage your territory.

Cons

Travel, wear and tear on car.

Bad office to work for!

Run from the Bath office! Owner does not know how to run the business. Very unprofessional . Leads were old and same customers were called on a daily basis from the other telesales team from the same office. Owner was too cheap to buy new leads.. we used the same recycled leads! Run from that office!

Pros

Off weekends

Cons

Commission sucked!

Don’t waist your time!

The Freight Director is not invested in Unishippers. He has been caught in many lies but wants everyone to be honest with him. The managers try to make the best of the situation while cleaning up the mess the Director has made. You won’t have any issues with the Director if you are a skinny blonde woman!

Pros

Can’t think of anything

Cons

The director

Franchise Life

Worked at a franchise location of unishippers for many years. The franchise owners believed in a well balanced business between operations and sales. It was a great place to work with advancement opportunities as the franchise grew.

Great Place to Work, Great Culture!

Great work culture. I truly enjoy working everyday. Fast paced customer service. Great benefits. Off on weekends. I've learned a lot about shipping and logistics working here.

Great People, Great Business, Great Sales Process

Really great group of people with and ambitious management. It is a fast paced sales culture but not a turn and burn type environment. The comp plan is great and allows you to make money right away. They are growing fast too so there is lots of room for growth. The inside sales position is a good opportunity but is not easy work, big rewards though!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unishippers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight