Unison Employee Reviews

Good until merging with SET Ministry
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 11, 2019
I worked with a wonderful team. I enjoyed interacting with our volunteers. However toward the end, the upper management team along with the BOD proved to be inept and unable to make crucial decisions which proved to be the downfall of the company.
great place to work
coil molder (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 10, 2018
the biggest drawback at unison was that it got really hot.it was very laid back but busy at times.great people to work with.we had fun but also got our work done.in my opinion,they made it alot easier to make it through a day
Pros
annual bonuses, insurance
Cons
hot
decent place to work. but people are under valued
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 17, 2018
overtime is always there. pay is ok, depends on who you know. most of the time you are under paid. but what it lacks in pay it makes up for in overtime if you like to live at the job. people there are back stabbers, and management is poor.
Pros
relaxed setting
Cons
your just a replaceable number
Team oriented, fast paced, enjoyable, mobile work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 6, 2018
I have learned to work efficiently in a fast paced constantly changing environment. Work/life balance is the Unison/Elanco culture. I enjoy my duties and the people that I work with. Leaving this job is the hardest part due to my position, along with many others being eliminated as of February 28, 2018.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, great co-workers, enjoyable work, abundant vacation & holiday time
Cons
Lack of job security and advancement
Very relaxing environment
EPSDT Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2017
I was with Unison before they changed over to United Healthcare. I enjoyed working with my team as well as helping the Members. I enjoyed my job there. I left because I moved to North Carolina. I would definitely recommend the job to anyone. Great advancement as well.
Benefits
Cons
Nomore bonuses
Fin workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 10, 2017
Good co-workers but management could do better. Had too get help with co- workers top help understand everything. But ok be I got everything it was really easy
Pros
Easy pay
Cons
Didn't get much help from manager
Work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 14, 2017
Is a place to get to know your coworkers and meet new people. You do a lot of stuff at your workplace light mopping sweeping dusting and take out trash
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Health place
Best job I ever had!
Manager/Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2017
I found this job in the newspaper, after moving to Boston. I started as a front counter person, and worked my way up to a manager's position after that manager left the company. I loved everyone, everything and every day that I worked there. It was stressful at times, due to workload and deadlines, but it was the greatest group of people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
I learned a great deal here!
Cons
Company was sold and new owner forced us into bankruptcy
already did this
QA-product Complaint Representative / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 9, 2016
I already filled this out. I'm tired and really don't care to do it again. It was hard enough the first time. I'm not going to say bad or good about this place. I already rated it.
Document Manager
Document Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2016
I keyed documents for the claims department. I won many awards. My boss liked me as a worker. I like my job. I did not like repetition of the job.
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2016
Unison Group is great place to work for anyone looking to advance their career in the business field. The management is great and they welcome you in like family. This is a small company so you won't have to worry about being overcrowded with people in the job place.
Busy
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Worked on an assembly line with four other people building coils that went into air plane engines. Fast work environment very team based with daily goals. The hardest part being sitting in one spot all day and the most enjoyable was I loved what I did for work everyday.
Great Stepping Stone
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2015
The company is run by a small family.

They have been around for about 20 years but with technology advances & more efficient ways to conduct business--they are starting to become limited with their footprint within the market place.

It is an amazing company and I learned a lot about the stationery industry, product development, etc.

Great benefits too!
A day at Unison
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2014
I arrived at work at 7:00 A.M. I greeted my coworkers,turned on the wave solder machine, and started my day.
Pros
A great group of people to work with.Great end of the year bonus.Recognition Day.
n/a
air manifold welder (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 3, 2014
i learned how to weld in the 6 g positon on .016 inconel and stainless steel and .032 wall on inconel and stainless as well. a lot of tacking required in this job so the parts can be braised then sent to the oven this is typically stronger than a weld, so this got boring after time.
Pros
breaks ever hour and a half to keep you focused and stretch
Cons
boring job, you tack weld don't teally see the welding part of aerospace, because everything is braised and thrown into an oven
very nice to work for this company
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy NJMarch 23, 2014
cleaning offices, floors re supplying what is needed for all the staff of the company . I have learned to work with people that don't speak English and get them to do what is needed . when ever I needed to speak to my boss ,he was always willing to listen and make improvements with staff. working for this company I got to meet new people .
good place to learn
Import/Export Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Great work environment.
Opportunity for growing.
Good benefits.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
The learning Experiences
Base Welder (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 22, 2013
The most enjoyable thing at my current job is being able to learn new things hands on.
Pros
The variety of welding ( mig an Tig, Thin and thick)
Cons
Not high enough pay for the type of work being preformed
Good job prior to the buyout with United Healthcare
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  1001 Brinton Rd Pittsburgh, PA 15221March 22, 2013
Pulled and batched apps for processing; entered apps for processing; completed incomplete apps for processing; answered email inquiries per customer service reps regarding phone calls from members. I learned how to multi-task and work in several computer programs at once. The work load could become intense with the abundance of apps received on a daily basis but the work was distributed amongst all employees within my team. I liked the idea of processing applications for applicants who were in need of insurance because it felt as if I were helping someone. I enjoy helping people in a indirect way so to speak.
Pros
intially bonuses under unison healthplan
Cons
healthcare package under united healthcare
Light work sent over seas
Freelance Illustrator & Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2012
Firstly it must be noted that this is an internship which I do not receive any sort of financial compensation; however it is a very rewarding experience.

The company is a small talent agency of sorts, dealing with models and musicians to artist and designers. The company is run by partners one of which I was acquainted, which led to my hiring. Typically I am sent via e mail a design or illustration job either supplied by the company's need itself or by the need of a customer of the company. The time frames are fair and there is no real lack in communication.

I spent the better half of last summer in Tokyo, more specifically Shibuya, working for Unison. As the only artist they had on hand at the time I was primarily working alone, thusly there were no real co-workers to speak of.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the subpar instructions for designs I occasionally get. What I mean to say is that some clients do not really outline what they want nor do they know themselves right off; however they do know that they do not want which can lead to long periods of trial and error. Conversely this can sometimes be the most enjoyable experience due to the fact that one or two of the indecisive clients will simply let you take the artistic reigns and make your own product for the job.