Unisys Employee Reviews

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search See all 2,157 reviews
very stressful
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 21, 2019
very stressful with high number of rules that did not make sense. management made job much more difficult than it needed to be. No give or take in what was to be done. My way or the highway
Pros
not much work
Cons
stressful
UNISYS global managed services
SharePoint Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYSeptember 19, 2019
Unisys has a vision to give support to it's client based on all technologies. While this is a good approach, they need to focus more on developing their team assets. Too much online management, & training but not enough face to face interaction.
Gave me a lot of opportunity to grow
LEVEL 2 TECHNICAL SPECIALIST - GOVERNMENT CONTRACT (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2019
I was able to get promoted from L1 to L2 rather quickly and again to a Supervisor role. I enjoyed my opportunity and time as a manager at Unisys and still miss my agents.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Estudiante Técnico (Current Employee) –  BECARIASeptember 19, 2019
Es una empresa global con grandes oportunidades de crecimiento y aprender.
Fun team environment with room to grow
Level 1 Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 12, 2019
Unisys is a great place to work. If you want to move up in the company they definitely give you the tools to succeed. I would recommend working at Unisys to anyone.
Pros
Knowledge Is Plentiful
Cons
Short Lunches
Unisys Experience
IT Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2019
Too cheap and too many layoffs. They want to slave you but not pay you want you deserve. Good company but very unorganized and benefits are expensive.
Pros
Good Company to have on resume.
Cons
Cheap and don't want to pay
The job had a family environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/S.M.E (Former Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJSeptember 11, 2019
I would recommend unisys the pay just needs to be better...they made me feel confident about going on maternity leave they made the paperwork process easy
Pros
Family environmental for employees
Cons
Bo room for advanced research low pay
Wrong Side of the Fence
Federal Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 9, 2019
There’s two sides to Unisys. Unisys Technical Services or UTS and Unisys Information Services or UIS. If you’re a UTS employee like I was, you’ll never make more than a certain amount. Period. So once you hit that pay cap, there’s really no motivation to do anything more. Also, UTS/UIS both have non-compete clauses in their contracts. So if you want to make more, or move to another department. You literally have to quit first.
Poor
Senior IT Service Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 8, 2019
Will never consider going back to work at unisys. Cutthroat company, poor employee development, very poor senior leadership. Not in touch with employees or mid management. Sweat shop mentality, low pay, no growth.
Good Company to Work For, Bad Pay
Service Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 31, 2019
I worked for Unisys in 2 states in field support and desktop support of IT contracts. The company is fairly good for getting exposure to IT field and how career growth to a certain level. But one would have to look elsewhere for decent pay, the jobs I had tend to pay low for less tenured employees and average for experienced employees. Good company to learn at, Bad company for competitive wages.
Not a good place to work
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2019
The work was ok and my immediate manager was good. Upper Manager was not good they made changes and did not keep you informed. They didn't talk to you about anything and the benefits were not good.
Overwhelming, underpaid, and unreasonable hours.
Level 1 Technical Support Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 28, 2019
They had overtime options to make up being late or missing work with or without a doctors note. Unless you were friends with the floor manager. But I learned a lot from working here.
Worst Place to ever work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 27, 2019
Unisys is THE WORST place to work!! Over 25 years experience and only wanted to pay 85,000. The raises are pennies. The management care only about being promoted. The cyber Security field is a joke there. They worry about getting more work over anything else. Their SIEM sucks so don't purchase it!! Recommend work anywhere else but here!! If you are in Cyber field stay far far far away from this company!! No progress and not going to learn a dang thing.
Unisys is a good stepping stone.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 26, 2019
Unisys to this day is struggling to make a large enough profit. Keeping that in mind both benefits and pay are on the lighter side for all positions. Turn over the company is regular but presents a good opportunity for anyone wanting to advance their careers. Work hard and expand beyond your current job role and you will be able to advance. Once you have learned all you can don't be afraid to move on. Staying to long in this high pressure environment with less than ideal pay and last rate health benefits will burn you out.
Great Experience
Field Service Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2019
Learned alot from the job and coworkers. Mostly everyone I worked with had 15 or more years of experience. Different environments so it was not boring. Alot of driving, but overall a great experience.
Awesome
Domain Associate II (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 24, 2019
I like working at unysis it was awesome
If I could go back I would .if they are hiring. I would go back gladly
With a big smile because I love working. With the public and people in general
If they need me please..call me
Meh.. could be better
IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2019
It was a job..

Defective Dell parts, always your fault.. Fusion events...ala Dell.. if unit fails tada..

I normally work IT Security.. anyway, i took the gig to keep up rent... and keep looking , gig had 0 for challenge, overqualified was the understatement of the year... but i did it anyway.
Dissappointed in Unisys
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 15, 2019
I was so looking forward to working here. But ….Not as great as I hoped. I was completely disappointed in the management and contracted companies for Unisys.
Fast Paced Field Support
Dell Certified Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 14, 2019
The company is a fantastic company to work for. Day to day it is very busy driving back and forth to many different businesses but I get to work with a lot of wonderful individuals. Work ranges working for corporate offices to small business to private customers. The only down side to the job is little professional growth and lack of benefits. However, I highly highly recommend Unisys
My most favorite job ...
Senior Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 14, 2019
I worked with Unisys for 19+ years. Gave my job all I had - in every sense of the word - Unfortunately, poor high-level management put the company in a situation that they decided to layoff a very large number of talented and hard working people. in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight