Unisys Employee Reviews

Found 1,093 reviews matching the search See all 1,988 reviews
Good company
Consultant II (Personnel Security Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 15, 2018
Served as a liaison between Unisys and the TSA Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) to manage a broad range of security processes for the TSA Bridge Program. Verified employee and contractor compliance with TSA guidelines. Maintained security related databases and spreadsheets used to produce security reports. Assisted personnel with facilitating completion of the background investigation packages when errors and exceptions are identified.
Don’t choose this company.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 16, 2018
They are about the bottom line and not people. When taking contracts over from another company, they will offer those on that contract 30% less salary to come to work for them. This is when they know what you were making before. They will cut staff and leave them without a job with little to no notice at Christmas no less. The benefits are very very expensive. Training and communication really is the worst I have ever seen in my long career. Do yourself a favor and pass and look for a company that will pay you market value for your education etc.
Pros
It’s in the US
Cons
Low pay, uncertainty, benefits expensive, mass confusion
Not a bad job
Customer Field Engineer 4 (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 12, 2018
Unisys offers great benefits, and decent pay. The only issue is that in a time when the economy is booming, they are looking for ways to cut cost to the company, and doing so buy hurting their employees. What i was promised in the beginning is not what i am getting now all most 3 years later. I am making less money per month. And my salary is maxed for my area, so i have no hope for a raise. This is not a way to keep employees happy.
Not Recommended
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 1, 2019
I was brought in after the company I was working for transitioned IT functions to unisys. We were offered jobs and it has literally been the worst experience since the transition. Everything we were told about salary, shifts and scope of work were complete lies. Not only that but all of our communications with users are delayed if we ever get the email at all.
Cons
We were always waiting to be let go
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJanuary 4, 2019
The was a government contractor and the contract was always being renewed , but every October you didn't know if they were getting dropped. Our HR was our supervisor so if you had a complaint about your supervisor you had to go to your supervisor to complain. When we finally got an HR rep they just went to the supervisor to handle the complaint.
Not a good place to work.
Service Support Representative II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 20, 2018
While I was there I was told to take two drug tests and two back ground checks. I was told that I would be working on a certain account and when I started I was put on a totally different account. The so called manager was horrible and the training was awful. We were trained to past an assessment test but not trained for much else. They would randomly assign people to accounts regardless of their skillset.
Disconnected from the main office
Army Enterprise Service Desk Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Shafter, HIOctober 9, 2018
I worked for Unisys for over a year and signed up for medical insurance on my first day. Unisys took money out of every one of my pay checks for medical insurance. When I got sick after I worked at Unisys for about 10 months I tried to use my medical insurance only to find out Unisys never signed me up. Even after Unisys stole money from each of my paychecks they never paid for me to have insurance and refused to refund the money they stole.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no room to grow, not honest company
Had a Foozball table
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2018
Very poor training, it consisted of you listening to various reps on the phone and so you had to learn how to use the knowledge bases too be able to help someone at all. Benefits were terrible, People with families couldn't do it because it was half their paycheck.
Pros
Decent pay for job required
Cons
Almost everything they showed little or no concern for their employees
Enjoyed my job very much.
Network intalation service enginerr (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 28, 2018
Last year or so was and various network and PC network setups and installations. When at hoe location did break and fix, installs and setyup of networks and sever and EMC disk installations.
Pros
Interesting work and travel for network instalations.
Cons
Maintaining a 3 county territory and on call for 1/2 State of Michigan every 6th week.
proactivity
Oracle/Sql Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
UNISYS one of the best IT farm in the U.S. Unisys Corporation is an American global information technology company based in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, that provides a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology. It is the legacy proprietor of the Burroughs and UNIVAC line of computers, formed when the former bought the latter.
Pros
Launch
Cons
Healthcare
Information System Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 25, 2018
Unisys has many programs and opportunities to make your time there seem open to advancement of your career. They try to be transparent and allow you to grow by providing different vehicles to help you be more involved with the everyday management of Unisys programs.
Pros
Education
Cons
Can get lost in the burachacy
fired without cause
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTSeptember 3, 2018
I was fired by my immediate supervisor two days after a good job review. I filed for unjustified termination and Unisys didn't even try to dispute that. Fortunately, I'd kept records of my work. I imagine they knew that I'd be able to defend myself in a hearing.

I imagine that I was fired because I was overheard, in a private conversation, off work, stating that only wealthy or deeply deluded could still vote for Republicans.
Pros
good way to start in IT
Cons
no protection for workers
Gotta Be Married To The Job
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2018
High stress, high pressure position. I loved it at the beginning, but it became evident that the more the industry changed, the worse it was going to get. Final year was 287 days traveling and living in hotels terminating employees in various cities. Not a pleasant company to work for at this point.
Pros
Challenge
Cons
Culture Change
Hard to say
Helpdesk Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
I was contracted out to another company, so the work environment was different. Not much to say about my last employer, it was ok.
On a typical day I would log in first thing in the morning and check the incident queue for escalated and daily tickets in ITSM. Prioritize tickets and travel for the day. Stayed focused to insure i met my SLAs while providing great customer service.
New CEO created a joy free work environment
Director, Presales Solution Architecture (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 12, 2018
The compensation differential between management, VP and above, was exponentially out of wack.

You better take your marching orders with a smile and keep you head down.
Pros
Incredibility smart people at the staff level
Cons
Brutal and clueless management
Unisys was a great company.
Programmer/Lead Database (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
I was hired as a software programmer after I graduated from Fullerton. Unisys Cooperation allowed me to grow from a software programmers to a System/Oracle database support. I learned to support internal tools for 5 years and later supported , troubleshooted systems and Oracle databases issues. My typical day was to support , trouble shooting internal tools and later moving into systems and Oracle database supports. The hardest part of my job was to drive to work middle of the night to support issues when internet was not available for remote support.
Pros
Cons
None.
So far so good
Data Center Hardware Specialist/Backup Lead (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 18, 2018
I've been with the company for 4 months so jury is still out. That being said I have no complaints. They seem to care about their employees. My manager seems to be great at handling any issues that we bring up to him during our meetings.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
sometimes the amount of work is a bit much
Abuse and Discard Culture
Senior Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 22, 2018
Beware of this company - they hire in Jan/Feb and Lay Off in September. They will promise long term retention and all the good things when they negotiate your salary! but NONE will be delivered and you will be laid off once youve been used and abused enough for the season! I would not recommend trusting this company or ots employees.
Pros
Cons
dirty politics even in day-to-day operations
Former Employee Review of Unisys
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2018
As a former Employee It wasn't the best place to work. I worked 70-90 hours weekly on call 2 weeks out of month. My family life collapsed due to work and management did not seem to care. Paychecks were good, but the pay was not when you get 40-50 hours of OT weekly makes for a good check. Fatigue factor was there many times 12 hours+ onsite depending on issue the most I spent onsite was 22 hours. Do not treat employees fairly they are just a number to pad there bottomline.
Pros
paychecks were good
Cons
Management, hours worked Weekly
Not a fun job
Dell Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder County, COSeptember 17, 2018
Unisys does work for Dell. They don't pay enough and there is too much favoritism. Not good training, not good supplies, no good support. You are kind of on your own. If the boss doesn't like you, you won't get tickets to do work. Customers are not nice and don't appreciate anything you do.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Hard work that is under paid and under appreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss