Unisys Employee Reviews

Found 988 reviews matching the search See all 1,828 reviews
Do not work as a help desk agent here!
Services Support Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2018
The job it self isnt bad. Whats bad is when you show that youre competent enough to do youre job, instead of hiring more people. Theyre going to push more accounts onto you.
What this means is that youre hired to work for one company, but Unisys wants you to work TWO companies at once, sometimes three, sometimes FOUR! with NO extra pay. They do not want you to log that youre working for other companies in their time sheets. So the other companies dont pay for you to work for them. Its free labor.
They made me work for another company with NO TRAINING and NO access to systems. So guess what? You're forced to lie to users who call in needing assistance. And then it's only a matter of time before someone reports you for not being able to do your job.

Im not the only one who works on more than one account. Most people on my team do. For a measly 13 an hour, Unisys WILL work you to the bone. I've tried going to management, I have tried everything. Unisys is cheap. And what theyre doing to us is borderline illegal. Working for more than one company isnt in the job description for the Service/Help Desk Agents here. If you do apply, BEWARE!
It
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 17, 2018
Overall rating: very good, team work and friendly company to be with
Productive and Learning
Manager HR (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 15, 2018
Unisys infosolutions Pvt ltd is excellent place to work. i learned a lot here, all PAN india recruitment, compensation modules..etc.nice work culture.. i completed 7 years with this company and now looking for next opportunity .
Easy Peasy
IT SERVICE SUPPORT HELPDESK (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Great schedules avail, great pay, don't take advantage of a great place like this. nothing else like it in augusta, GA .... Starting off at $13.50 - $14 .. only goes up from there
Dead-end job
Client Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville County, SCJuly 14, 2018
As far as I knew, there was no room for growth after getting stuck in a position where you only work on one piece of equipment and that's it. This is where people want to go to live their peaceful years.
Inside Sales - great culture
INSIDE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2018
Senior Management team had great vision and dedication to employee growth. Fostered personal and professional development. Great culture, opportunity for advancement
dishonest managers in several locations I worked, unethical
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 10, 2018
Worked in many positions and worked to be the best at each assignment. I was recognized for my hard work by many managers, but it was negated by dishonest and unethical managers.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
betrayal by some management at key times in work history
Great benefits
Service Support Representative II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 6, 2018
Provides paid time off, 401k, dental, life insurance, health insurance, short term disability, and long term disability. Nice atmosphere. Has lounge areas to get away from stressful work day.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High turn over rate
fast paced and poor management with some campaigns when i worked there
Help desk/appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2018
My typical day at work would be busy from the time I got there barely could get a teamleader to assist with anything. I did learn how to work in fast paced environment
Pros
had good benefits
Cons
Some employees in management need to be coached on what a managers job is
Challenging and fun.
Dell Certified Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
Working for Unysis was a nice experience, unfortunately, being a contractor without known benefits and no work stability was a reason to look for some other job.
Pros
Technically challenging
Cons
nothing remarkable.
decent place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2018
I really learned a lot. It was a great place to work. I thought the grass was greener on the other side. I regret leaving this job but when they laid off 65 people I got a little concerned that the next lay off would be me
Pros
great place to work
Cons
pay could have been better
Abysmal
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 2, 2018
Half of the “Engineering” I was performing was straightening managerial stupidity and constant errors on work orders; wrong business name, wrong POC, wrong phone number, wrong service address. I ended up with either a lot of extra work on uncompensated time or being directly assigned work for uncompensated time. They didn’t want to pay for anything that you couldn’t tie directly into a work order and gave me only one defined activity code to use for work time which was hardware repair, which often isn’t applicable and then you’re emailing the management about this and half the time not getting a response. I was sent a non-working phone (wrong SIM card, no one bothered to test it before they sent it to me), then the voicemail didn’t work and I didn’t even get a reply from 3 Unisys people I emailed (2 managers) until weeks later and it still doesn’t work. I was even asked to call customers with ETAs when I was out sick !
Pros
Cons
everything
Unisys Onsite support
Desktop Support Technician for Ashland (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2018
Good place to work, nice cafateria. Also a cafe on the Lobby floor. Elevators don't always work well. Not a huge amount of tickets time between tickets.
Pros
Manage myself not a lot of interference from managment
Cons
Management is not onsite so he doesn't know the whole story
They hire some of the best technically savvy people
Customer Service Rep 2 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 27, 2018
Was able to utilize a lot of the computer science training working on Unisys' call center help desk. There was a good comradery within the call center between the managers and employees. There was also excellent training and feedback
management
Balancing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 24, 2018
they are very hands on, they make sure if there is a problem that they will resolve it right away. the working condition was very relaxing and also they are very fair in treating their employees
Should have closed years ago
Transaction Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 24, 2018
I mostly just sat at the computer and surfed the internet all day because the stuff I had to work on would only take me about 15 or fewer minutes out of an 8 hour shift.
Easy work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJune 20, 2018
I was a contract employee. the permanent employees were very dishonest with their expense reports (grossly exaggerated mileage, inflated onsite times, etc). Myself and another contract employee were let go because we we honest on our expense reports and made the permanent guys look bad.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
See review
Ok place to work
Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 20, 2018
Ok place to work. Flexible hours and ok benefits. Learned a lot from my position in the payroll department about state laws with terminations and with short term disability
I was a contractor and I enjoyed working at Unisys
sr. developer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 20, 2018
Good Working environment(s). As a contractor, I could work on projects in various locations worldwide. The management was good and the projects were completed on time per customer satisfaction.
Unisys
IMAC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2018
Working with the company on contract was enjoyable, I was able to advance my skill set and made a difference within the department I worked, infrequently we were subcontractors
Pros
Fulltime employment
Cons
Unable to be placed when contract ended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Unisys.

Powered by Comparably