Unisys Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search See all 2,029 reviews
Not current
Network Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 18, 2019
I cannot comment as this was so long ago I cannot accurately comment on the environment there and the working conditions. manufacturing was shut down some time ago
Great Beginnings
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2019
Unisys is a great company for getting your foot in the door. There are many aspects of the organization that will always keep you learning something new. They are willing to help someone grow into a great IT technician for future opportunities.
Pros
Experience
Good people, poor management and compensation
Field Support Engineer 3 (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 14, 2019
I received a fair deal of time off, but only due to the fact I survived to the third band of time (10 years), other than that poor health insurance, and until very recently, a very static salary (very few raises in salary, including 4 or 5 years without a raise).

The people were good to work with, but management was a mixed bag. The last manager was very good but also spread thin among many projects.

Typical days of work depended on the exact contract. Static desktop positions usually had very regimented times. Break/Fix contracts could be 30 hours or 45+ hours dependent on specific jobs and locations.
Pros
Comparable paid time off as full time, once you reach the fifth year, becoming excellent at ten. Good people to work with.
Cons
break/fix is sometimes too fast, salary below norm, static salary until recently, poor health insurance, management a mixed bag
Another Run of the mill call-centers
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 13, 2019
I can't say anything about the company in general as I only worked in their call center, but as for the Unisys call center, it's like all the other ones.

This was a place, like the Georgia Cyber Center, that was supposed to usher in a wave of IT jobs in Augusta, Ga. Like far too many things promised, this too is a farce. There is virtually no difference between this call center and one you would find in a non-tech industry. The calls come in and the call center dispatches a ticket to someone else who does the actual work. Any work that is performed by the help desk "technician" is rudimental at best, often simply clicking a button in a program, which by the way, you will need train yourself on because the "training" offered is by name only; you will not learn anything of value in the "training" offered by Unisys.

If you are looking for IT work, it only takes a day, max, to realize that this job isn't what you want, as many of the employees have little to no technical acumen, and that's not even a knock on them as it isn't required to know anything about technology or IT to do this job.

For anyone aspiring to work in the IT field, avoid call centers like this one like the plague. They will not provide you with valuable skills. They will not position you for a promotion to anything other than more low-skilled call center work, and on top of that the pay isn't even that good.
Pros
They have this big granite ball that stands on a film of water
Cons
Too many to count
Much daily driving
Field Technician I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2019
There is almost adequate pay plus mileage to live on. Most managers are good, but once in a while a mediocre one gets in. The technical work is not bad for an A+ technician.
Pros
Meeting new people and making regular clients
Cons
Mileage reduces automobile value quickly.
Good stepping stone
Call Center IT Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2019
Unisys is good stepping stone for someone whose brand new to the IT and customer service field. But as working for them long term, it's a big no go. The manager that I worked for was good, but the others, let's just say, it's their way or the highway.
Pros
Good stepping stone
Cons
Bad management
No job security
Field Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 5, 2019
Had no confidence at length of time at job. Was given a raise and bonus when first hired on from HPE. After one full year of service would then receive second half of bonus. Do to business conditions was told I was going to be released at the end of Feb. 2019.
Pros
Had a great local Tech team to work. They were the best.
Cons
Poor management communication with day to day activity.
love field work
Client Infrastructure Rep 6 NY Metro Comm ITO (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10004March 5, 2019
When I was with Unisys I took my calls form an office on Wall Street.
It was great because we were near the water front. We had to travel by train in the 5 boros to service equipment.
Knew right away it was not the company for me
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 3, 2019
The culture is heads down , don't see me. This is from years of layoffs. This is not a culture that is open to new ideas. They 'Unisyze' you. People backstab and are out for themselves.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Not secure employment, culture is awful
interesting work environment
Director, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2019
Enjoyed working for Unisys but the constant work structure changes were stressful. Often undertake projects without the base knowledge of the subject.
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management
Great place to work because the people were wonderful
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 27, 2019
Your normal office duties, sales contracts, dealing with vedors, customers, and all staff. Great place to work because the manager was caring and wanted you to be happy.
Pros
People
Cons
Office eventually closed because most people started going virtual
not a place you want to be
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2019
pay is lousy
management does not communicate info well to their employees
employees do tend to work well with each other
they at least provide training for various CompTIA modules
Pros
training
Cons
low pay
wonderful
Senior Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNFebruary 22, 2019
God this was so long ago, I enjoyed a variety of roles while with Unisys including forign assignments to the US, Germany, Singapore, Malaysia and austtralia.
Pros
most things
Cons
nothing comes to mind after 25 years
Blue Bell Unisys
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 18, 2019
Every day was an adventure because you did not know what was coming into the mail room. Some people were nice others looked down on you because you were the mail clerk.
Pros
All the benefits
Cons
They starting cutting jobs
Not a good place to work
Manager, Capacity Management (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 17, 2019
If you were not in the Defense Contracting Division it was very long hours and no recognition. There was NO feed back on your work until the yearly review and those were based on your time with the company. Managerial culture was to wring all the hours you could out of the employees and move them out when they noticed.
it's OK
Tech. Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 14, 2019
some managers are great, others not so much. this was my first call center job, wasn't too bad but it was incredibly stressful. I tried multiple different shift while I attended school, couldn't really find a good fit.
Pros
not bad benefits wise, still it's a call center so lots of stress and anxiety.
Cons
stress/anxiety
Chi h@h
Field Engineer 3 (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 11, 2019
This review should go to them since that is the company I actually was employed at during my time. They are a great company to work for, very healthy work environment. They care about their employees.
Pros
the healthy culture
Cons
contract position
Review
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2019
It was a great experience working for Unisys. I really enjoy working in different location and getting to know all my co-works. I also gain more experience which was great.
Pros
positive environment, great locations lots experience
Cons
far location waist gas alot
Unisys
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 9, 2019
Answering calls about software, hardware issues.
active directory use
poor management
workplace culture is poor
hot tickets and vpn calls
being able to fix end users issues
Pros
maybe job security
Cons
barely any performance reviews for pay raise, no incentives
Lacking Management Leadership
Level 2 & 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2019
The company seemed to be a good working environment when I started but as the weeks continued it was determined the the management was very misdirected and disorganized.
Pros
Well known name for your resume
Cons
Not a good company for a career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight