Unisys Employee Reviews

Found 1,018 reviews matching the search See all 1,873 reviews
I loved it here
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2018
I loved it here!! I loved my manager. I was mentored into a better agent and lead. My co-workers were amazing people who I loved spending my day with.
Not a fun job
Dell Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder County, COSeptember 17, 2018
Unisys does work for Dell. They don't pay enough and there is too much favoritism. Not good training, not good supplies, no good support. You are kind of on your own. If the boss doesn't like you, you won't get tickets to do work. Customers are not nice and don't appreciate anything you do.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Hard work that is under paid and under appreciated
good place to work
Manager Program management (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2018
Good workforce, good mix of technical, business and marketing knowledge.

Excellent benefits, collaborative work environment, fosters team approach to solving problems
Pros
good workforce
Cons
Productive and enjoyable company to work for.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 20191September 12, 2018
As a Senior Software Engineer, I worked on the Unisys-United States Postal Service (USPS) contract to develop software enhancement packages for Year 2000 (Y2K), allowing the USPS to continue their mail requirements.
Decent Cubicle Farm
IT Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Was not a bad place to work. Allowed to be independent and not micromanaged. Somewhat tough call time standards since you are working with some people and systems that are bit slower than others.
Technical and problem solving
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2018
I recommend this company and position for individuals who are great at troubleshooting, and problem solving. There is a lot to learn everyday at this job. Technical aptitude is a must, and simple satisfaction comes each day when you solve complex issues for users.
Pros
Great teams and collaboration
Cons
Frequent process changes
Great marketing leadership!
Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 4, 2018
Exciting transformation of marketing efforts led by an exceptional CMO and VP, Product Marketing that is creating greater awareness of Unisys and it's new product offerings.
fired without cause
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTSeptember 3, 2018
I was fired by my immediate supervisor two days after a good job review. I filed for unjustified termination and Unisys didn't even try to dispute that. Fortunately, I'd kept records of my work. I imagine they knew that I'd be able to defend myself in a hearing.

I imagine that I was fired because I was overheard, in a private conversation, off work, stating that only wealthy or deeply deluded could still vote for Republicans.
Pros
good way to start in IT
Cons
no protection for workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fannie Mae Technical Support (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed working with people and the support from my co workers. Everyone worked together as a team to accomplish tasks and help each other out. The manager at the time was not available but other co workers stepped in to help.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Poor management
Too long ago.
Sr. Cost Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2018
Too long ago. I was there for only 1 year. The unit I was at was dissolved. I do not have much knowledge of how company is doing. Limited presence in bay area.
nice to place to work
Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 23, 2018
it was a good learn place for me, i learned a lot there and the people there were very helpful in that process. the more i learned the easer there jobs were i assume.
Abuse and Discard Culture
Senior Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 22, 2018
Beware of this company - they hire in Jan/Feb and Lay Off in September. They will promise long term retention and all the good things when they negotiate your salary! but NONE will be delivered and you will be laid off once youve been used and abused enough for the season! I would not recommend trusting this company or ots employees.
Pros
Cons
dirty politics even in day-to-day operations
working lunches
Sr. Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 19, 2018
management was very supportive of it's employees
work culture most days was average
hardest part of the job was working long hours past your normal 40 hours
most enjoyable part of the job was working with other departments
great place to work
good work associates
great pay
good benefits
good customers
Pros
interesting work
Cons
travel
Unisys was a great company.
Programmer/Lead Database (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
I was hired as a software programmer after I graduated from Fullerton. Unisys Cooperation allowed me to grow from a software programmers to a System/Oracle database support. I learned to support internal tools for 5 years and later supported , troubleshooted systems and Oracle databases issues. My typical day was to support , trouble shooting internal tools and later moving into systems and Oracle database supports. The hardest part of my job was to drive to work middle of the night to support issues when internet was not available for remote support.
Pros
Cons
None.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 15, 2018
Good work environment. People are good, area is good. free parking. I don't work for Unisys anymore. We got bought out by Molina Healthcare and have been here for 10 years.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Not paid enough
Former Employee Review of Unisys
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2018
As a former Employee It wasn't the best place to work. I worked 70-90 hours weekly on call 2 weeks out of month. My family life collapsed due to work and management did not seem to care. Paychecks were good, but the pay was not when you get 40-50 hours of OT weekly makes for a good check. Fatigue factor was there many times 12 hours+ onsite depending on issue the most I spent onsite was 22 hours. Do not treat employees fairly they are just a number to pad there bottomline.
Pros
paychecks were good
Cons
Management, hours worked Weekly
I enjoyed working there
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAAugust 7, 2018
The only reason I am no longer with the company is because our contract ended, other than that, I enjoyed working there. Communication between departments were't that great, but it doesn't take away from the good.
"You're just numbers on a spreadsheet"
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 7, 2018
The manager loves to tell employees they're worthless, just numbers on a spreadsheet. We had weekly meetings to belittle employees.
I needed surgery, that saved me life, and I was fired for not canceling this surgery. I had to choose my job or my life. I even asked what they would do with a dead employee. They didn't have much of an answer for that. I was fired the day I went in to the OR.
Pros
I suppose it was better than being jobless and thus homeless, but only marginally
Cons
Complete lack of humanity in management
Unisys is good company to start out working for
Client IT Infrastructure Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 4, 2018
Morning meetings were conducted to start out assignments for the day, which was great because it helped organize the day and provided you with a positive mission.

Unisys was the best company for providing excellent training. They provided their field engineers with the best training for EMC and Dell systems. The management was very organized and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was having to travel a lot in heavy traffic around the Washington DC area, and the most enjoyable part was performing work for hundreds of prestigious and well known named companies in extremely high tech data centers where information lives.
Pros
Plenty of work available, great overtime and vacation time, cool logo name, great management, and a great team environment.
Cons
sometimes overworked 70-80 hours a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Unisys.

Powered by Comparably