Unisys Employee Reviews

Found 1,058 reviews matching the search See all 1,935 reviews
good company
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 13, 2018
Good company with solid benefits. Offered a diverse career opportunities. Allowed personal growth. Provider good company training. Training facilities were top notch.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
My position was offshored
New CEO created a joy free work environment
Director, Presales Solution Architecture (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 12, 2018
The compensation differential between management, VP and above, was exponentially out of wack.

You better take your marching orders with a smile and keep you head down.
Pros
Incredibility smart people at the staff level
Cons
Brutal and clueless management
Not a bad job
Customer Field Engineer 4 (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 12, 2018
Unisys offers great benefits, and decent pay. The only issue is that in a time when the economy is booming, they are looking for ways to cut cost to the company, and doing so buy hurting their employees. What i was promised in the beginning is not what i am getting now all most 3 years later. I am making less money per month. And my salary is maxed for my area, so i have no hope for a raise. This is not a way to keep employees happy.
Desktop Support/Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 9, 2018
Duties would include replacing hard ware components for desktop computers, laptop computers and printers. Also replace hard ware components for field service maintenance kits.
Pros
Great place work.
Cons
Not enough over time hours
Great company
Credit and Collection Analyst SR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2018
Gread enviroment and positive culture for learning and development. It was a good opportunity to go deeply into the finance tasks. The hardest part was leave the company after almost 15 years.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Salary
opt out
Dell Computer Onsite Service Technician (Former Employee) –  opt outNovember 2, 2018
opting out i am writing this to fill space and characters so i can proceed to the next page. it won't let me proceed until it has reached its limit to pro
Excellent
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2018
My first corporate exposure once retired from the air force. Great environment and exposure for corporate training within the customer service field, prepared me for civilian administrative service.
Pros
Pay, Peers and customers
Had a Foozball table
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2018
Very poor training, it consisted of you listening to various reps on the phone and so you had to learn how to use the knowledge bases too be able to help someone at all. Benefits were terrible, People with families couldn't do it because it was half their paycheck.
Pros
Decent pay for job required
Cons
Almost everything they showed little or no concern for their employees
Old School Company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIOctober 30, 2018
Company is so old school and stuck in their ways that there was no change for a new product that was released into the corp space from the DOD... no spending on marketing and management was a lawsuit waiting to happen...
Pros
Unlimited Spending on CC that would be approved no questions.
Cons
Layoffs
It was a good starting job
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 29, 2018
This was my first job after college. It was a great place to get acquainted with the ups and downs of the corporate world, and to get some experience under my belt. I don't think that they do much innovation anymore, the company is much smaller than it used to be.
Enjoyed my job very much.
Network intalation service enginerr (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 28, 2018
Last year or so was and various network and PC network setups and installations. When at hoe location did break and fix, installs and setyup of networks and sever and EMC disk installations.
Pros
Interesting work and travel for network instalations.
Cons
Maintaining a 3 county territory and on call for 1/2 State of Michigan every 6th week.
Information System Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 25, 2018
Unisys has many programs and opportunities to make your time there seem open to advancement of your career. They try to be transparent and allow you to grow by providing different vehicles to help you be more involved with the everyday management of Unisys programs.
Pros
Education
Cons
Can get lost in the burachacy
Not a good place to work.
Service Support Representative II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 20, 2018
While I was there I was told to take two drug tests and two back ground checks. I was told that I would be working on a certain account and when I started I was put on a totally different account. The so called manager was horrible and the training was awful. We were trained to past an assessment test but not trained for much else. They would randomly assign people to accounts regardless of their skillset.
So far so good
Data Center Hardware Specialist/Backup Lead (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 18, 2018
I've been with the company for 4 months so jury is still out. That being said I have no complaints. They seem to care about their employees. My manager seems to be great at handling any issues that we bring up to him during our meetings.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
sometimes the amount of work is a bit much
Gotta Be Married To The Job
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2018
High stress, high pressure position. I loved it at the beginning, but it became evident that the more the industry changed, the worse it was going to get. Final year was 287 days traveling and living in hotels terminating employees in various cities. Not a pleasant company to work for at this point.
Pros
Challenge
Cons
Culture Change
proactivity
Oracle/Sql Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
UNISYS one of the best IT farm in the U.S. Unisys Corporation is an American global information technology company based in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, that provides a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology. It is the legacy proprietor of the Burroughs and UNIVAC line of computers, formed when the former bought the latter.
Pros
Launch
Cons
Healthcare
Repair Techinican
Electronic Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Holland, OH 43528October 14, 2018
I enjoyed learning and repairing PCs and printers down to component level. Creating new ways to complete the tasks and re-engineer the circuits if needed.
Nice place to work
Technical Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2018
Their call center provided a wide variety of customers to support with a different technical skillset for each customer. The downside was that they moved the call center to a different country.
Disconnected from the main office
Army Enterprise Service Desk Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Shafter, HIOctober 9, 2018
I worked for Unisys for over a year and signed up for medical insurance on my first day. Unisys took money out of every one of my pay checks for medical insurance. When I got sick after I worked at Unisys for about 10 months I tried to use my medical insurance only to find out Unisys never signed me up. Even after Unisys stole money from each of my paychecks they never paid for me to have insurance and refused to refund the money they stole.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no room to grow, not honest company
Too imbred with malcontents
Sales Consultant Blue Bell, Pa (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 8, 2018
Unisys is a combo of several companies all of which were successful. The integration of the companies plus the trying to bring new talent to the company-at the time I was there-failed miserably.
Pros
Good name
Cons
Subversive organizatons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss