UNITE HERE

UNITE HERE Employee Reviews

Loved working here, loved the people who were always very supportive and helpful. It was fun talking to people about politics. Going door to door could be hard sometimes for so long.
Pros
Great coworkers
I love working for a organization that prioritizes the workers, the pay isn't the best but the flexibility in working remotely and support from management is awesome.
Unite Here help me expand my communication skills. I worked as an intern and we did a lot of traveling to inform workers about their rights. We planned many helpful events to helps those in need.
It thought me how to interact and get along with the people that I met. I was always on Time for work. And I loved the people I worked with. It was great to work there making a difference
You pretty much are secure in your job, however your time there could be miserable depending on your manager/lead. There are great ones, and there are horrible ones who I have seen made people cry or just quit on the spot. Work culture is non existent and some expect you to work on weekends and nights which could be avoided by proper management
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I volunteered to work here with my mom one fall during 2014 and it was a lot of fast pasced work including making flyers , stapling papers , and hanging posters . I would definitely go back if i had the chance again
Updated employees work status on the computer. Transformed the workplace from paper use to electronic use. Updated the workplace bulletin board. Updated my supervisor of the work I did before I left.
Great benefits and great place to work. People are nice and helpful. I learned a lot working for the UNITEHERE, first I learned what the organization is all about. UNITEHERE is an international union that represents working families from hotel industries, airport, and garment workers.
Pros
Benefits and requesting time off
Between the crazy hours, insane amount of driving, and often questionable decision making by higher ups, this was a job that taught me a lot. I was able to work with and connect to service workers all over southern california in ways that taught me a lot about the world and myself. It was also satisfying to know that I was working to alleviate poverty and inequality in the work place.
Can be a great place to work, great benefits, job security, real good vacation benefits, good work/life balance. However, not much room for advancement and extremely low pay. Great place to work if you don't have to support a family or starting your career.
Pros
4 weeks vacation, health plan
Cons
low pay, lack of opportunity for advancement
  1. Employee Reviews