United Activities Unlimited, Inc.

United Activities Unlimited, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States21 reviews
UAU is a fine company, though when working through SYEP (their program to give teenagers jobs in the summer) they were not always monitoring the employees because that is done by the company that employs us. UAU is responsible for paying SYEP workers, while the work varies depending on the employers.
I didn't work there for too long, however it was a very pleasant experience. The management was really patient and helpful and it just felt really good to be there. I was paid well and fairly and I really enjoyed my time there.
Place is crazy and unorganized. Favoritism shown to certain staff members especially towards the supervisors. Supervisors are always covering for every little thing the Program Directors do. Have to rely on one person to get things done in finance office asked for information about my check and was told by the guy to wait for the girl to come back from lunch in order to get what I needed (thankfully only had to wait 10 minutes). HR same thing always relying on one person to get information I need
Pros
Kids are great
Cons
see above
You can meet new people, experience new things and earn your own money. The applying process is very through so make sure when you're chosen you have the right paperwork the first time to lock in your job opportunity. They are usually over summer break but they have other opportunities when you're about 16 or older where you can get a part time job through one of their many programs for teens and young adults.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not much diversity. It’s Nepotism, Favoritism and racism at this company. No diversity and Management is horrible so is the administration. If you need to make a few bucks and have tough skin then do it . I have seen people be bullied at this company from DR.Kim down to the site management. It’s reflective of the behavior and thinking of some people on Staten Island. Do not trust H.R. either .
Very fulfilling; however, lacked structure in some aspects. I learned organizational skills when it came to creating lesson plans. Team-work was a crucial part since there were multiple specialists and aids in one room. It was a great experience learning how to bridge the gap between the school years with fun activities of summer and lessons that would keep the mind activated.
They had us help the little kids on trips, in the school, play different games and make sure they enjoy there summer. We also helped them with there summer work as well.
Since I can only type 150 characters, there’s isnt enough room with me to post the many things profiessionally wrong with this organization so let me summarize:
1. No direct deposit: All employees have to wait for a random manager, from various job sites, to be the pint person to reach your location AND YOU CAN ONLY IMMEDIATELY RECEIVE YOUR CASH CHECK, from their preferred Bank branch on Staten Island which only stays open to 4pm.

2. Very Racist Work environment and highly uncomfortable place for employees of color. This organization is the most racist organization that I’ve ever worked for and I’ve never felt this level of racial , until worked here. The management team y’all ill of people of color behind their backs.

3. Highly unprofessional work environment plagued by Inter office nepotism and favoritism based on association.

4. HIGH JOB TURNOVER. I’ve seen 10 people in my time there, some in management positions, quit due to the lack of organization and lack of professionalism

5. Overworked and under appreciated staff at multiple locations
Pros
Cons
Please read review
Respecting job, the managers were good and i never had problem with being paid to much or to less. Learn new things, get along with new people. Good pay.
Pros
Free lunches, optional lunch break
Cons
Sometimes you can’t leave
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United Activities Unlimited, Inc.?
Workplace culture is relaxed but still organized. The hardest part of the job is communication with the parents mostly because the kids try their best to impress the counselors but it does not always turn out good. Days are work are always enjoyable and different obstacles keep you on your toes.
Different people of different ages chose their workplace according to what they like or wish to do and where they live. There are many different job discriptions and job environments to chose from.
I am a former group leader who worked the summer of 2017. The program I was placed had some minor flaws. The program director was useless and I had to create most of my lessons. It was a very fun environment to work in, and the feeling of doing something good for the youth is an amazing thing! The pay is not that good since you make minimum for most sites, and you rarely get paid on time.
Pros
Cons
Delayed Pay, Poor Management
If you have never worked before, then it provides decent pay and varied experiences. Every day is extremely different and you have to be ready to tackle challenges, answer questions, or fill out paperwork, based on zero information. Things happen really fast, making problems in and of themselves, such as lost files or documents. You have the opportunity to install your own management style, as long as you get your work done. It requires travel, so if you do not have access to a car, it will be difficult.
I enjoy working for UAU. It's a calm environment and the staff is so much fun to work with.Although the pay is a little low, I still enjoy being around the kids. I just wish we got paid equivalent to the time we spend.
Working with United Activities Unlimited allowed me to gain working experience. A typical day ,working at a summer camp, was participating in activities with the campers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work and attend trips with the campers.
I've had a great experience thus far in regards to the content of the work and the leaders in the company. The staff are very friendly and willing to help in any way possible.
UAU is a terrible place to work, the administration is ill equipped to manage an agency of this size. UAU is unprofessional and unorganized to the point that it is detrimental to both the staff and the youth that the agency services.
Pros
Cons
Required overtime with no pay
Enjoyable work experience. Very busy fast paced work. A lot of paperwork and computer work to do if working in the office section. The camp is a fun experience.
This was such a fun job if you enjoy helping and teaching the youth. I personally enjoyed having so many different kids that look up to me for guidance, I always clocked out with a good feeling of achievement.
Pros
Trips and events
Cons
not that many hours of work
Management was helpful. Primary job is to make sure the children are having fun, safely.

Meet a lot of kids, and parents. Learn how to communicate with others, practiced personal leadership skills.

Great for a summer job.
Though this job was a Summer Job, I can honestly say this was the most fun job for me. I got to interact with kids by playing sports, helping with arithmetic, going on paid field trips and mentoring. I had great co-workers ranging from the age of 16- 22 years of age.
Pros
Mentoring, Aerobic activities, trips